TinyMight / TM 2

jackla

Just wanted to add my 2c about my recent TM buying / using experience, these are just random unorganized thoughts.

I am in northern NJ, I ordered the TM, a set of O-rings and an extra short tube on April 5th and I received it yesterday on April 12th, a week after ordering.

After making the order I realized I forgot to get dosing capsules. I sent TM an email asking to do this quickly so I don't need to pay for shipping again.
In response TM, added four capsules to my order FOR FREE!

This vape is *amazing* (at least, so far)! The draw is very open (night and day compared to my previous portable go-to, Arizer Argo).
It is very quick to heat up, I didn't measure but it's probably 4-6 seconds on '6', about twice as long as what I remember the OG hopper being.
Clouds are HUGE, even compared to the OG hopper, and somehow, no clue how, it manages to get through
my unfortunately very strong tolerance. It was somewhat like smoking a joint for the first time again, before you know what you are in for.

A bit on my vaping (VAS really) background: I have : a DynaVap omni (and an older M), a Firefly2, an Arizer Argo a VapeXhale Cloud Evo and an Arizer extreme Q.
Previously I have had the Arizer Air(lost), Firefly 1(sold), OG titanium hopper (lost), and the late and not-so-great Haze Square(discarded).

So far (but bear in mind it's only been a day) the TM is hands down the best portable I have ever used. The OG hopper is similar (never tried the IO),
but as I said, the clouds on the TM are bigger, the activation button IMHO is better positioned and the vapor is way cooler. Also the standard 18650 battery
is much better than the tiny custom hopper batts.

Some negatives:
The battery door sucks. It just does. What's the point of having a replaceable battery if you need to fight to get the battery out of the unit? It needs a little handle,
or maybe an indentation to make it possible to apply some force to open it.
Packaging: it's very basic, box and stuff in it, no fluff, this really doesn't matter to me, but I think they can improve.
The glass tube, while I don't have any issue with it per-se, I am a bit scared it won't survive my type of usage (mountain biking) very long,
I am going to get one of Eds wood stems soon.

Caveats: I can't say anything about maintenance since I didn't have to do any so far.

That's it, so far can't recommend the TM enough!

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Also, anyone know if TM charges for any repairs and what the pricing is to get it fixed? I know prices are all different but just wanting to see some numbers. On the website it shows fees for repair, but in my email he said that they would take of it for me. At the time I was thinking it would be free, but now I'm wondering if they will take care of giving me a price later on. Guess I'll find out soon enough.
Reading through the thread there have been few if any mentions of anyone being charged for repair. As @Bad Dog mentioned above TM has added a "repair charge" option on their website but few seem to have had to pay it. It would seem he has been nearly universally applying the warrenty to repairs. I'm sure there will be exceptions, we just haven't seen any. And his support and response time have vastly improved.
It is also worth mentioning that nobody seems to have voided their warranty by trying a self repair. Due to the distances/time involved TM has encouraged self repair attempts but fixed the units users haven't been able to fix themselves. It seems a somewhat unique approach to support that is working well at this point at least.

Last edited:

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
The glass tube, while I don't have any issue with it per-se, I am a bit scared it won't survive my type of usage (mountain biking) very long,
I am going to get one of Eds wood stems soon.
Welcome and glad you’re enjoying your Tinymight! I’ve been enjoying mine for 13 months, nearly daily, and love it. Get some caps for the stems to protect the glass. Many posts herein about rubber (or plastic) caps. Mine doesn’t go anywhere without a cap on my short stem. I haven’t biked with mine though I have a padded bag if I want to put it in there; I’ve done yardwork and snow shoveling with it in a loose outer pocket without any issue. It’s an amazing vape - every single time! :peace:

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
do not tighten too much

Honestly, I don't think you can overtighten the battery cap. With the cell removed, the cap screws down until it sits flush while having a full stop, which shows that it can not be screwed down too far. I recommend to screw the cap down all the way to prevent the battery from rattling and thus damaging the battery contact.

I might be wrong, but I think opening and closing the battery cap became easier over time for me; never was a big issue for me, but these days I have the feeling it doesn't need much force at all.

Djsleepy

Reading through the thread there have been few if any mentions of anyone being charged for repair. As @Bad Dog mentioned above TM has added a "repair charge" option on their website but few seem to have had to pay it. It would seem he has been nearly universally applying the warrenty to repairs. I'm sure there will be exceptions, we just haven't seen any. And his support and response time have vastly improved.
It is also worth mentioning that nobody seems to have voided their warranty by trying a self repair. Due to the distances/time involved TM has encouraged self repair attempts but fixed the units users haven't been able to fix themselves. It seems a somewhat unique approach to support that is working well at this point at least.
True, as far as them repairing units that have been open/adjusted I was the one that got that oring under the lid added as I told them I was adjusting once a day and wanted some backups of that oring. Like you said we’re not touching the board or anything with heater Just stuff that needs cleaning/adjusting.

Last edited:

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
I recommend to screw the cap down all the way to prevent the battery from rattling and thus damaging the battery contact.
me too:tup:

I also recommended, a long time ago;) ...not to drop the batteries inside the TM, so as not to damage the bottom contact or even the board

the cap screws down until it sits flush while having a full stop
I can assure you that this is not the same in all TMs.
In the TM that I use daily it is, but in the other it is not like that, in fact I had to change the cap for another one that I had, because the original did not screw up completely until it was flush.
on the other hand, different batteries can also change the height, or even the same batteries that have the positive pole too crushed.

@jackla
I never tighten until the end ... I stop screwing just before that

Vaporific

I also recommended, a long time ago;) ...not to drop the batteries inside the TM, so as not to damage the bottom contact or even the board
Yep, my spring lost its sprung. The bottom contact got bent last year and haven’t had a chance to try to fix it. Soon though. I think it’s harder to remove the battery cover without the springiness but not impossible.

@jackla
I screw mine until it detects the battery with a buzz and then a quarter or half turn more, that’s it. I know some have had issues with the battery cover but I’ve never had an issue. Only cleaned it twice in 13 months (with ISO and Blu-Tac), smooth tightening and loosening. No issues save for my bottom contact which was self-inflicted as @dzoinp stated above. :peace:

Bazinga

@jackla

Sounds just like my sex life :love:

Yep, my spring lost its sprung. The bottom contact got bent last year and haven’t had a chance to try to fix it. Soon though. I think it’s harder to remove the battery cover without the springiness but not impossible.

I screw mine until it detects the battery with a buzz and then a quarter or half turn more, that’s it. I know some have had issues with the battery cover but I’ve never had an issue. Only cleaned it twice in 13 months (with ISO and Blu-Tac), smooth tightening and loosening. No issues save for my bottom contact which was self-inflicted as @dzoinp stated above. :peace:
My goodness - 13 months !! I thoroughly clean mine every couple of weeks. Cannot stand a dirty glass stem. The drawback is that, more than I would like, the glass will break when replacing the cooling units. Gotta learn how to use the jay hook.

Vaporific

My goodness - 13 months !! I thoroughly clean mine every couple of weeks. Cannot stand a dirty glass stem. The drawback is that, more than I would like, the glass will break when replacing the cooling units. Gotta learn how to use the jay hook.
I clean my stem and cooling unit every couple of weeks. Soon however I may try sans cooling unit for the first time. Need to psych myself up for it but soon :lol::peace:

Vaporific,
Reactions: Siebter

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Do you prefer coarse or fine grinded weed in your TM ? I'm looking for a new grinder.

I use both and everything in between, typically not too fine as that I would throw in my FW7, so it really depends on the specific stem (screen really too as I have a few with varying mesh) I am using... also different strains grind up differently. I generally do like nice fresh moist herbs that will be a nice consistent medium grind ideally, though my TM honestly works fine with anything! My ultimate advice, is that it doesn't matter, but you should go ahead and order a brilliant cut grinder regardless, easy search there :tup:

purepotstill

Seen these BCG, but have to say they cost more than what I'm ready to pay for a grinder. And I'd still have to add the import taxes :goon:BTW, made another pass with the Thorinder, and found that giving it a bigger load to grind ends with a finer weed. Might still buy another grinder just to have different strains ready to vape, at least one more cerebral/high and one more body/stoned, but it could wait next month.

purepotstill,

Djsleepy

Seen these BCG, but have to say they cost more than what I'm ready to pay for a grinder. And I'd still have to add the import taxes :goon:BTW, made another pass with the Thorinder, and found that giving it a bigger load to grind ends with a finer weed. Might still buy another grinder just to have different strains ready to vape, at least one more cerebral/high and one more body/stoned, but it could wait next month.
Check out the Klip! It doesn’t grind or crush it slices into perfect vaping material. Comes with fine,medium and coarse filters.
It’s all I use!

Shit Snacks

Yeah that is how many of us feel at first, I'm just saying though, every other grinder, just about, feels totally unusable to me now! :D

Shit Snacks

Do you have any budget options you'd recommend? I feel similarly to pure in that it's a lot of money. Progressive steps! :p

Haha yeah honestly I wish, hopefully maybe someday BCG will come out with a budget version?? Although I feel like the next version is going to be more expensive steel... The key feature, never jamming up, with the teeth in the sides of the lid, I haven't seen that with any other grinder (perhaps because it is patent pending) however the pucc looks like a nice budget bcg-esque design, but yeah without the anti-locking feature I love most (it does have the magnets instead of threading, and it looks great, not that it looks as nice as I think the BCG looks, and it doesn't have as high quality grade aluminum)

It's a shame because puff it up had a lot of steep grinder sales in February March, that would have been the best option probably... But yeah I think it's worth saving up, somehow someway, to order the regular BCG with medium plate, on sale for $75 shipped (at least for me in California) if you possibly can!

All that being said, sometimes I don't even grind at all with my TM, take a little nug the perfect size, load it in the stem for a hit, take out and flip the nug for another hit. Then take it out again and break it up, reload and finish off with a few more hits... Now that is flavor country!

Last edited:

overground55

When I am weak, the Lord is strong
Haha yeah honestly I wish, hopefully maybe someday BCG will come out with a budget version?? Although I feel like the next version is going to be more expensive steel... The key feature, never jamming up, with the teeth in the sides of the lid, I haven't seen that with any other grinder (perhaps because it is patent pending) however the pucc looks like a nice budget bcg-esque design, but yeah without the anti-locking feature I love most (it does have the magnets instead of threading, and it looks great, not that it looks as nice as I think the BCG looks, and it doesn't have as high quality grade aluminum)

It's a shame because puff it up had a lot of steep grinder sales in February March, that would have been the best option probably... But yeah I think it's worth saving up, somehow someway, to order the regular BCG with medium plate, on sale for $75 shipped (at least for me in California) if you possibly can!

All that being said, sometimes I don't even grind it all with my TM, take a little nug the perfect size, loaded in the stem for a hit, take it out and flip the nug for another hit. Then take it out again and break it up, reload and finish off with a few more hits... Now that is flavor country!
Thanks, I'll have to consider saving up a bit then. The Pucc does look pretty nice as well though.

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
And I'd still have to add the import taxes
I don't know where you're from, but not everything you order overseas makes you have to pay import taxes. You might have to pay a import turnover tax, which is about the same as you would pay for sales tax, but I (living in Germany) don't have to pay import fees as long as the value of the ordered item (plus postage I believe) is below 150€. I know, 100 cad$/ 75€ is still a lot of money. But totally worth it.

Oops, we're in OT zone.

Top Bottom