TinyMight / TM 2

sanchezman

Commander in Kief
I use an RBT stem, and it fits perfectly. I think the only reason to decide between RBT and TM 18mm WPAs is whether or not you want to use the cooling unit. The TM's stock CU is too big to fit inside the RBT stem. I just use a metal screen, which I prefer. It's easier to clean a cheapo screen than the TM's CU (not that cleaning the CU is a huge chore).

ezpz

@Aquanaught
From TM site.
1. O-ring pack.
For the same reasons that @Siebter said. I had to change only one oring in 9 months, on my CU.
2. Long stem.
I didn't like the short stem, and never use it. Glad I got the long stem.
3. Universal WPA
This was my game changer. TM through water is a BEAST!!!!! You can also use any extra cooling pieces, j hooks, drydrotubes, basically anything with a female adapter. Since getting my WPA, I rarely use my CU. And cleaning is a breeze.

From other sites,
1. Extra batteries.
Having 3 batteries in rotation was enough for me.
2. A good battery charger.
Do not overlook this one. My first ebay crappy charger caught fire. Got a nitecore i2 now.
Sorry, I'm not tech savvy at all, so I can't provide links.
Good luck. I'm sure you'll love this thing. 👍

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I bought the oring pak. Haven't used any of them yet. I'm sure I will eventually need the big one that holds the stem. Got the short CU but rarely use it cause almost all my use is with water through a RBT short stem. I'm a big believer in a couple extra batteries and an external charger. I use a Nitecore and use LGHG2 batteries the most, tho I have some others like the Sony it came with and some Samsung Qs I had for RBT vapes.
RBT stems are ideal adapters but are hard to find, so their own WPA is probably a good choice. Most of my glass has 18mm joints so I prefer that to the 14mm on an adapter.

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Sounds very convenient. Any chance you have a link to the caps?
Caps: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Whit...4?pageci=bb9884f1-e4d8-44b7-a6e7-a8436cffdf4c

Body plug: https://www.ebay.com/itm/White-Blac...2?pageci=e4ec7b40-101c-4477-919a-69acc3d67aa4

Mine are black :). Someone else before me ordered different caps with little dimples in the cap. Mine don’t have dimples which is ok by me. I keep caps on my extra stock stem when not in use (and gave a few away to my buddy @VapeKnight whose accidental second TM I bought from him new - what are friends for?). Good luck and enjoy - I do daily! :D :peace:

Bifty

Hey guys :) so my tinymight broke today :( I think it should be a simple fix but I wanted to check with you guys first. The button is completely loose. Just wiggles and pushes all the way in without doing anything. On e cigs (Vape shop worker) this usually means the little rubber buffer between the external button and the internal switch has moved/broken.

Am I OK within warranty to undo the bottom screw and pop it back into place, assuming that I'm correct with the problem?

Edit: have emailed tm but am hoping I can sort it much quicker than they even reply haha.

Last edited:

LabPong

Hey guys :) so my tinymight broke today :( I think it should be a simple fix but I wanted to check with you guys first. The button is completely loose. Just wiggles and pushes all the way in without doing anything. On e cigs (Vape shop worker) this usually means the little rubber buffer between the external button and the internal switch has moved/broken.

Am I OK within warranty to undo the bottom screw and pop it back into place, assuming that I'm correct with the problem?

Edit: have emailed tm but am hoping I can sort it much quicker than they even reply haha.
Get a T20 torx bit or driver ( I was wrong in my prior posts about sizing...it's a #20 not #15) to loosen up the main body screw. Allow the upper plate to come off....the gently wiggle/tug the metal bottom plate off the base with the circuit board staying on the wood base.

Then you can see and fix your self if the button is just off the mount area.

Caps: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Whit...4?pageci=bb9884f1-e4d8-44b7-a6e7-a8436cffdf4c

Body plug: https://www.ebay.com/itm/White-Blac...2?pageci=e4ec7b40-101c-4477-919a-69acc3d67aa4

Mine are black :). Someone else before me ordered different caps with little dimples in the cap. Mine don’t have dimples which is ok by me. I keep caps on my extra stock stem when not in use (and gave a few away to my buddy @VapeKnight whose accidental second TM I bought from him new - what are friends for?). Good luck and enjoy - I do daily! :D :peace:

Awesome....been looking for these to complete another project on the back burner....... :tup:

Bifty

Sorry to hear your bad news @Bifty . Unfortunately I don't recall hearing about a broken button that was able to be fixed by the user. 2 users both pushed their buttons into the unit a few months ago said the button had become detached from the board. You can take a look inside as @LabPong describes, it hasn't affected anyone's warranty so far AFAIK.
This is not what I wanted to hear but thankyou - tbh even if I hold the button in place and shake it, there's a rattle that I never noticed before. So probably not a happy bunny. I'll still take a peek at the button while I await their reply. It's a damn stroke of luck that I got a tetra x 2 weeks before my tm broke isn't it..

Edit: it's only 6 short months since I got the TM, damn if it doesn't feel triple that!

Edit 2: just went to the TM website to see if I could start an RMA and my account doesn't exist, great

Last edited:

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
This is not what I wanted to hear but thankyou - tbh even if I hold the button in place and shake it, there's a rattle that I never noticed before. So probably not a happy bunny. I'll still take a peek at the button while I await their reply. It's a damn stroke of luck that I got a tetra x 2 weeks before my tm broke isn't it..

Edit: it's only 6 short months since I got the TM, damn if it doesn't feel triple that!

Edit 2: just went to the TM website to see if I could start an RMA and my account doesn't exist, great
US or EU site?

dzoinp,
Reactions: Bifty

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
@Bifty – Are you sure you looked at the right place? Log into your account → „View your order history” → click the respective red button of your order → then hit the red „return“ button next to your item and a form should open that lets you start the process.

Bifty

@Bifty – Are you sure you looked at the right place? Log into your account → „View your order history” → click the respective red button of your order → then hit the red „return“ button next to your item and a form should open that lets you start the process.
Yep definitely right place, website stuff was totally my fault haha. I remembered what I did by going through emails and Instagram messages, and it's no fault of TM. I ordered as guest by accident then registered the same email address later on hoping they could link it to my order. So I've just got to suck it up and wait for a reply by email I guess.

Djsleepy

Edit: have emailed tm but am hoping I can sort it much quicker than they even reply hah
Mine was pushed in , not fixable actually detached from board, Do return thru website.Sorry man.

Bifty

Mine was pushed in , not fixable actually detached from board, Do return thru website.Sorry man.
20210217_181318.jpg

Yup yup, prize goes to... Haha.

It's not actually the connections broken I don't think. Just the support. But either way, not something I can do and expect an RMA after. But, if I do get ignored, I can fix it.

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
20210217_181318.jpg

It's not actually the connections broken I don't think. Just the support. But either way, not something I can do and expect an RMA after. But, if I do get ignored, I can fix it.
If you think you can do it, try because they will send you a new one and you will end up with 2 TM's ... you have nothing to lose.

Bifty

If you think you can do it, try because they will send you a new one and you will end up with 2 TM's ... you have nothing to lose.
Seriously :o that seems crazy! I know Chinese suppliers can afford to do this sometimes but didn't expect tm to do so.

Bifty,
Reactions: BestBuds

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
20210217_181318.jpg

Sorry I was right man.

I'm in the same situation if I ever need to send mine back. I bought mine from vapefiend and have never bought anything from TM direct.

The manufacturer seems very reasonable but I completely understand your hesitation and would feel the same. In your shoes I think I'd contact them today, then again in a week with pictures of the issue, then after another week or so I'd do the fix myself and wait for their response.

Good luck, maybe they will just reply to you straight away!

Djsleepy

20210217_181318.jpg

Hey I have taken apart both of my ones I have now and they did a rebuild of this button. Yours looks like mine .... like the back legs of button are on stilts and heat/pressing wore it out . Now the button is flush to the board!

Last edited:

Bifty

Hey I have taken apart both of my ones I have now and they did a rebuild of this button. Yours looks like mine .... like the back legs of button are on stilts and heat/pressing wore it out . Now the button is flush to the board!
Cheers for the reply :) yeah from what I can see the back three solder points are the actual ground, power and switched connections, and the front ones are just solder points to help with structural support. My back 3 connections are still OK - the front ones have totally snapped. Obviously not helping a great deal as I've been very careful with my device. I emailed tm yesterday afternoon, just gotta wait now! Have dug my dyna back out for now. Tetra is a bit unstealthy for out and about :p

Edit: Am very glad to hear they have redesigned the button! Means they know its a fault at least.

angular ocelot

Cheers for the reply :) yeah from what I can see the back three solder points are the actual ground, power and switched connections, and the front ones are just solder points to help with structural support. My back 3 connections are still OK - the front ones have totally snapped. Obviously not helping a great deal as I've been very careful with my device. I emailed tm yesterday afternoon, just gotta wait now! Have dug my dyna back out for now. Tetra is a bit unstealthy for out and about :p

Edit: Am very glad to hear they have redesigned the button! Means they know its a fault at least.
couldnt you just wedge a bit of wood or folded card or silicone under the button, as a temporary fix?

Bifty

couldnt you just wedge a bit of wood or folded card or silicone under the button, as a temporary fix?
I could definitely wedge it into place to get it working again for now, but when that bodge breaks, the entire button will fall off and possibly short something out on the board :(

angular ocelot

I could definitely wedge it into place to get it working again for now, but when that bodge breaks, the entire button will fall off and possibly short something out on the board :(
"when that bodge breaks" is not a phrase that is allowed at bodge school. you are hereby expelled. honestly, you will never make a good bodger with that attitude.

PogueMahone

Thanks all for the very thorough and thoughtful responses; very helpful! I've been convinced.

Going to place my order soon, and will probably order some accessories as well, at the very least some extra stems. What other accessories and spare parts would you guys recommend ordering direct from TM? Extra cooling unit? Basket screens? O-rings? Anything that will need regular cleaning or is subject to breakage or wear and tear I always like to have a few extras so that I'm never out of commission.

I'll definitely want to get a 14mm WPA, only question is whether I go with the official TM one, or if there's something better out there.

Thanks all for the very thorough and thoughtful responses; very helpful! I've been convinced.

Going to place my order soon, and will probably order some accessories as well, at the very least some extra stems. What other accessories and spare parts would you guys recommend ordering direct from TM? Extra cooling unit? Basket screens? O-rings? Anything that will need regular cleaning or is subject to breakage or wear and tear I always like to have a few extras so that I'm never out of commission.

I'll definitely want to get a 14mm WPA, only question is whether I go with the official TM one, or if there's something better out there.

If you haven't placed your order yet, I would reccomend the extra long stem. This avoids the need for a cooling unit and the rimmed basket screen makes clean up a breeze. Yes, it looks a bit unwieldy but it does a fine job keeping the vapour cool.

Top Bottom