TinyMight / TM 2

Bazinga

So, when ordering extra batteries, should I order those that have lower or higher numbers before the "A". I looked at the Mooch writeup and still do not Ihave a firm grip on the discharge numbers. The batteries will be used in both the TM and the P80.

Bazinga,

Kins

No? The people reporting problems lately are not people who just got it... And if you actually were to compile the results from this thread I think it would be very few who have had issues at all... The amount of time to get an order has always been estimated to take a while, so if you feel that is absurd then I suppose you don't bother...?

That's just my perspective or what it looks like for me. I'm still interested but I don't want to have to take apart or RMA as soon as I receive.

Kins,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Thanks Snacks. I'd still like to get an answer to the question.

20A minimum is the answer, the thing is some are underrated and some are overrated, so it's just easier to stick to the specific recommended cells... Like the solid LG HG2 is 20A rated but actually 18A which is also fine, Samsung 30Q is 15A rated but actually also 18A (so they might act wonky for some) so LG HE4 is more true 20A but less mAh so if you want best all around option just go with the Sony, that's why that's what it comes with! Don't know other brands

That's just my perspective or what it looks like for me. I'm still interested but I don't want to have to take apart or RMA as soon as I receive.

Well I think that perspective sounds misled, I highly doubt you would have to do either of those things as soon as you receive it, as most owners never had to do either ever??

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
what kind of VAPE are you talking about ?
Hopper io Titanium. I have a legacy Ti and curious about the io. Who the heck knows I may buy something else, perhaps another TM or whatever. I think the Grasshopper and io will complement the TM rather than rival it. Remains to be seen with io as I’ve opined in the TM vs Grasshopper thread the TM kicks butt over the legacy Hopper. The io will be interesting. I’m not a high temp person and mostly natively native. Fun times but I’m bummed about my TM!

you can try to write to him on instagram . I wrote about it not so long ago
I almost forgot I have an instagram account, lol. Thanks! I will. I’m never on it - because I’m on FC instead, lol. Cheers.
:peace:

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
"About the light and charging, this sounds like it should be. When the battery is getting near full level, it starts to slow down charge, this is normal method how li-ion batteries are charged. The charging process stops when the battery takes only a very little current, meaning it is then full. But if you remove the cable, and put it back again, the charging circuit starts from beginning and sees that the battery voltage is already high and doesn't want to start charging until it has dropped a little bit. Otherwise chargers would practically all the time start charging again, as different batteries drop their voltage little bit even right after charging has ended, some more some less, and it would cause only unnecessary stress for the batteries to top them up all the time. So the charging controllers have a predetermined voltage level and only after the voltage of battery is lower than this, a new charging cycle is started. So if you take cable off before the previous cycle has completed and insert it again, it might very well be that the battery is like 95% full and the voltage is over the limit of starting a new charge cycle. If you want to overcome this, you just need to drop the voltage for a moment when the cable is connected. Turn the unit on and off, it will be enough, the starting of heater drops voltage of battery enough for a new charge cycle to begin even if you turn it off then immediately, and you will see the light stays on indicating a charge."

Well it took awhile, but I went back about 150 pages in this thread now that I’ve had my TM for a week, just to re-absorb and see if things I didn’t understand as a viewer then, might now make sense as an owner.

I wanted to address the post above, now OLD in Forum time.

THIS POST is for NEW TM OWNERS, using a USB charger and directly charging the battery in the unit, that may wonder why their onboard LED charging light does NOT always light up. This was asked long ago, and the ANSWER is in the response “I’m Not A Robot” received from the maker and then shared. I’m glad I found it, and didn’t have to add to all the questions already being asked here, many of which have been answered multiple times. I’ll just add my own experience to it.

When I receive a new device I like to test all its features and settings. One of them being the ability to INTERNALLY charge. I forget if the included battery was fully charged when I first got the unit, but no matter, at one point I plugged it in to a 2.1 amp iPad USB charger. At this point I was testing if the LED went OFF, when charging was complete, but it was taking more time then I was patient for with the new toy. I didn’t care if it was at 100% full at the time.

When I immediately plugged it back in, the LED light would NOT go back on. I thought something was broken, in my case that’s not unusual for anything new I buy, I did a bunch of trouble shooting, then just started using it again. Later when I plugged it back in to the charger, the LED light came back on, SHOWING it was charging. Great working again, but why....

So I searched this thread and found the answer you see at the top of this message. Now I own a lot of electronics, so I’m familiar with lithium charging, and charger cutoffs, etc. In the case of the TM device, the maker selected a bit of a wider spread from a batteries FULL charge of 4.2 volts, to whatever he thought was a proper LOWER voltage that would begin the charging cycle again. And the original post/answer also discussed the solution if you want to TOP OFF the battery, and the charge LED light does not come on, because the voltage is NOT LOW ENOUGH, I stumbled across this when I was trouble shooting, you turn the TM, ON/OFF, and the LED will light back up, SHOWING it’s CHARGING. So that’s it, while it’s not exactly typical behavior, it’s fine, but confusing if you don’t know it, but now you do.

AND: I just have to add for SAFETY REASONS:
NEVER LEAVE LITHIUM BATTERIES CHARGING UNATTENDED!!!
Try and use an EXTERNAL BATTERY CHARGER whenever possible. (The extra cost is justified with added safety features and the batteries stay cooler)

SquirrelMaster

@Bazinga
Like @Shit Snacks said, you don't want to go for a lower discharge or A (amp) rating. The LG HG2, Samsung 30Q and Sony/Murata VTC6 are fairly similar and work well for regulated box mods. You can go for a higher rated cell like the Sony Murata VTC5A/VTC5D, Samsung 20S/25R or Molicel 26A but you're sacrificing capacity (mA) for a higher discharge. These are safer in theory for unregulated devices like the Nomad, Milaana, etc.

stonedaze

I just received my TM tonight and so far, I'm not very impressed. It seems I received an expensive paperweight like so many others have lately.

On-demand mode gave me no clouds at all, except finally when got a little wisp of vapor (smoke?) by turning it up to 10 and sucking as hard as I could for as long as I could. After about 8 tries, the load has a tiny round circle of dark brown or black just on the surface right in the center, and the rest of the load is still bright green.

Session mode on setting 10 was no better. I couldn't get the slightest vapor unless I sucked as long as I could until I almost passed out. The only thing that did work was to use the temperature boost mode by holding the button down while in session mode at setting 10. That gave me some decent clouds but I had to inhale for a long time.

Also, there's an indentation mark on the side about an inch long and 1/4 inch wide with teeth marks as if this thing was either dropped, or a heavy metal tool or something fell on it, either before or after assembly. I'd want to return it just for that reason alone even if it did work. What a major disappointment after waiting for 10 weeks!

Last edited:

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I just received my TM tonight and so far, I'm not very impresses. It seems I received an expensive paperweight like so many others have lately.

On-demand mode gave me no clouds at all, except finally when got a little wisp of vapor (smoke?) by turning it up to 10 and sucking as hard as I could for as long as I could. After about 8 tries, the load has a tiny round circle of dark brown or black just on the surface right in the center, and the rest of the load is still bright green.

Session mode on setting 10 was no better. I couldn't get the slightest vapor unless I sucked as long as I could until I almost passed out. The only thing that did work was to use the temperature boost mode by holding the button down while in session mode at setting 10. That gave me some decent clouds but I had to inhale for a long time.

Also, there's an indentation mark on the side about an inch long and 1/4 inch wide with teeth marks as if this thing was either dropped, or a heavy metal tool or something fell on it, either before or after assembly. I'd want to return it just for that reason alone even if it did work. What a major disappointment after waiting for 10 weeks!

I wasn’t going to reply, but then all I could think of was .... THAT SUCKS!....
You probably got the one meant for me, from everything you wrote, that’s not behaving right, that and the physical damage. Sorry, you got a LEMON, my life is just too full with lemonade, so I know, IT SUCKS!

stonedaze

The session mode temp boost feature isn't producing any vapor anymore when using the stock stem and cu, so the Grav Taster stem was the one that produced any vapor at all. I noticed after 5 or 6 fruitless draws, the body was very hot, almost uncomfortable to hold, but the stem was cool to the touch. Oh well.
Filed for a return on their website, and now I wait some more.

stonedaze,
All - hello again. I posted this last night and reposting. My unit no longer vibrates. Not sure if it was a series of unintended button presses or there’s something wrong now with my unit. I’m working all day today (and on a 24 T break because of it too) but any and all suggestions from this group is welcomed. Thanks in advance.

I have the same issue from - seems the buzzer motor gets stuck sometimes. After a few days of usage it has come back to life every time so far - I think the it tries to vibrate even whilst stuck and eventually it unsticks itself. I'm not suggesting shaking the unit really hard but it might solve the problem!

Tweakz

@stonedaze

maybe you're doing something wrong.
how many seconds do you draw?
how do you pack the stem ? do you score the maximum or leave space ?
have you cleaned your device before using it? or disassembled it ?
or can be either the device is broken or you use poor quality staff (weed)

I have a perfectly functioning tm for more than 7 months now, and I always have a large number of clouds

Last edited:
Tweakz,

Vaporific

I have the same issue from - seems the buzzer motor gets stuck sometimes. After a few days of usage it has come back to life every time so far - I think the it tries to vibrate even whilst stuck and eventually it unsticks itself. I'm not suggesting shaking the unit really hard but it might solve the problem!
Hey, thanks. Did your on demand mode work without the haptic buzzes? Mine doesn’t seem to though sesh mode seems to work. Just woke up and yes I’m going to wake and bake with my TM to continue troubleshooting. As noted above, I did take mine apart - it was not as difficult as it seems and only recommend doing so out of need not curiosity if one is not inciined - but it still doesn’t buzz no matter what I’ve tried. Sent email to The Maker and also pinged him on Instagram yesterday too. I do believe my unit needs repair.

@RustyOldNail - we may be separated by birth with respect to electronic vapes. While others on here have vast vape collections greater than me, I’ve had issues with most I’ve owned. The TM being the best portable I’ve used and owned, and now it has issues. Is it unusable? No - sesh mode seems
to work - however I’m less likely to use it much until it’s repaired or replaced. On demand mode is what I bought it for mainly - take a few draws and then turn it off. That’s how I roll.

Hope everyone has a great & safe weekend. :peace:

LabPong

I just received my TM tonight and so far, I'm not very impressed. It seems I received an expensive paperweight like so many others have lately.

Guessing your using the stock short stem with the CU? Not sure about how much your packing/tamping the load...but use a loose load.

Also, when you say you drew as hard as you could for as long as you could......that is not going to work. You just blew the heat past the load so fast it had no time to heat it up well for extraction.

Draw medium at the hardest.. a good 6-10 second pull on power setting 6-7 should get you good vapor in on demand mode. After 2 or 3 times of trying this...does your stem end by the load get warm/hot? If it does, then make sure the stem is seated properly on the top of the screened washer at the bottom of the stem above the heater. The wider side of the washer part is facing outward. Then make sure you have a perfect seal around the stem at the entrance o-ring. It should if you use the stock stems.....dimpled stems may not work!

Also, very important to use.......when you hold down the heater button....you need to wait for the haptic buzz before you start drawing. Before the haptic buzz...the heater is ramped way above the set temp and can cause combustion if you draw right away.

The indent you are talking about....is the outside wood body? Maybe the heater connection to the board could of been damaged possibly as well. That is why I wanted to know if the stem end gets hot at all after 2-3 draws.

Vaporific

Also, very important to use.......when you hold down the heater button....you need to wait for the haptic buzz before you start drawing. Before the haptic buzz...the heater is ramped way above the set temp and can cause combustion if you draw right away.
This is my exact worry with my now balky Tinymight! Without the heat up buzz I’m just guessing when it reaches temp (5-6.5 starting a load and 6-7.5 finishing one, in general). Grabbing some coffee and flower for wake and bake experimentation... ☕:peace:

Vaporific,

angular ocelot

This is my exact worry with my now balky Tinymight! Without the heat up buzz I’m just guessing when it reaches temp (5-6.5 starting a load and 6-7.5 finishing one, in general). Grabbing some coffee and flower for wake and bake experimentation... ☕:peace:
even if you dont listen to the change in buzz when it reaches temp, just count ten seconds, which is more than enough even when set at maximum.

Vaporific

even if you dont listen to the change in buzz when it reaches temp, just count ten seconds, which is more than enough even when set at maximum.
I was thinking about 5 secs which was about the time when it worked.

And on demand mode does work! Just tested it first thing today (it didn’t seem to work the other day but several factors might’ve played into that previous attempt). So, everything appears to work EXCEPT the haptic buzzing as of now. A bit better diagnosis today but it still needs to be repaired (or replaced). We’ll see about a second one. I never thought I’d entertain that option but... :peace: :peace:

androponic

vaped.
I was thinking about 5 secs which was about the time when it worked.

And on demand mode does work! Just tested it first thing today (it didn’t seem to work the other day but several factors might’ve played into that previous attempt). So, everything appears to work EXCEPT the haptic buzzing as of now. A bit better diagnosis today but it still needs to be repaired (or replaced). We’ll see about a second one. I never thought I’d entertain that option but... :peace: :peace:
since you have already taken it apart to where the vibro motor sits on the two contacts maybe the maker can send you the updated motor (there has been a part upgraded) and just replace it and then you are not out a unit for any time. i remember this being done for a fellow FCer a ways back.

Vaporific

since you have already taken it apart to where the vibro motor sits on the two contacts maybe the maker can send you the updated motor (there has been a part upgraded) and just replace it and then you are not out a unit for any time. i remember this being done for a fellow FCer a ways back.
Thanks! When I make contact with him/them, I’ll inquire about that option. Not sure what it entails to replace it as I don’t have many tools in the electro-mechanical engineering space. Only my mind, lol. Definitely an option! Cheers! :peace:

Vaporific,

angular ocelot

it wouldnt surprise me if it were just a bad contact, like mine. a little tweaking of pins and cleaning of pads might sort it. the motor could have slipped within its housing and be a little mis aligned as well.
if it is the actual motor then as you say, replacing the motor would be simple and save having to send the whole unit away for repair.

angular ocelot,

doubledown

Yesterday I received my second TM. Haven’t had a chance to try it out yet, but I did want to report that the fit and finish seems to have improved since I received my first one a couple months ago. My OG works like a champ, but the wood finish was just ok. A little rough and not smooth, like a series of little ridges all the way around. Difficult to describe but, the new one is super smooth and well rounded. So much better in fact, I thought the TM was smaller at first! Lol. Just an illusion caused by the tactile difference. Have a good weekend everyone!

Top Bottom