TinyMight / TM 2

trevytrev

Happy little clouds
Dosing capsules look good! But that is a lot of money for 1! But if they are perfect then having 2 or 3 would be great. I thought the jack pods weren't perfect or am I wrong?

trevytrev,

sashka69

I'm a capsule addicted person. Ordered 8 pieces some minutes ago. I couldn't use my account login from the .eu webshop on the .com webshop so I had to register again. I like the idea of an mesh screened capsule for better extraction, hope it's easy to clean.

sashka69,

justcametomind

Dosing capsules look good! But that is a lot of money for 1! But if they are perfect then having 2 or 3 would be great. I thought the jack pods weren't perfect or am I wrong?
AFAIK S&B capsules weren't perfectly fitting but Jack pods were :(

justcametomind,

SquirrelMaster

Is anyone else seeing nonsense numbers on the accessories page......... dkk?
Danish Kroner?

Is the cost for 1 individual capsule? At first I thought it must not be but that would put the pricing in line with the MistVape caps which makes sense. Agreed @Siebter they look identical. I never ordered the MistVape caps because it didn't sound like they were worth it so I have my doubts these will be any better. I was hoping to see something resembling the cooling unit with o-rings to keep all the air flowing through the herb. I'd throw some in an order if I had one pending to try them out anyways.

scooterboy

Muppet, not moped.
If those are indeed Mistvape caps, I didn't have any luck with them per this post:

"Also - I tried the Mistvape caps and had no luck. Pretty much zero vapor. I think too much air is able to flow around the cap instead of through it. Not sure if there's a good solution there. "

I thought maybe I should give it another try, but haven't yet.

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
I was a bit more lucky with my Mistvape capsules, they do work, although dimming the punch down a bit too.

But I'm not a capsule fan, so I haven't used them in a while. To me capsules always turn out to be just one more piece to take care of with little benefits.

Nano-Doser

I'm not so interested if they are the mistvape pods. I would be happy with a little screen that fits perfectly in the stem behind the cooling unit to catch all the little bits. Does anyone know of any that are the correct size?

Nano-Doser,

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
my stem setup
o-ring and fine screen from S&B

IMG-20200827-170412.jpg
I wrote this yesterday but I just confirmed that it doesn’t result in all my stems .... only those stems that have a higher ID can put the S&B fine screen and o-ring as shown in the photo

Ripstar

Thinking of purchasing, is the additional cooling unit a must? How do the cooling units work exactly?

Ripstar,

trevytrev

Happy little clouds
Thinking of purchasing, is the additional cooling unit a must? How do the cooling units work exactly?

I would definitely get a second one and another stem, that way when cleaning you have a spare to use. Basically it's a load of nuts and bolts inside a metal casing that has air holes on one end and a screen on the other end to stop the herb getting inside. I've only used it with, so can't say if it's better without.

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
I would definitely get a second one and another stem, that way when cleaning you have a spare to use. Basically it's a load of nuts and bolts inside a metal casing that has air holes on one end and a screen on the other end to stop the herb getting inside. I've only used it with, so can't say if it's better without.

It's not a "must" but extremely recommended and encouraged. To me, the 25 bucks or whatever it cost is well worth having a 2nd one to use while the other one is being cleaned, or lately I've been using the short stem out and about and the long stem at home, so I've been keeping them both in rotation. They're both actually due for a cleaning I've just been putting it off.

But yeah basically its 2 stainless steel cylinders with 2 little washers and 3 little nuts that absorbs a considerate amount of heat from the vapor as it passes through, cooling it down before it gets to you.

I've only tried the Grav upline taster as a stem without a CU, definitely a bit harsher IMO but that stem still does a decent job cooling so its not awful. I dont think I would try the stock stem without a CU. Now I am kind of curious though so maybe I will... how bad can it be? :lol:

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
It's not a "must" but extremely recommended and encouraged. To me, the 25 bucks or whatever it cost is well worth having a 2nd one to use while the other one is being cleaned, or lately I've been using the short stem out and about and the long stem at home, so I've been keeping them both in rotation. They're both actually due for a cleaning I've just been putting it off.

But yeah basically its 2 stainless steel cylinders with 2 little washers and 3 little nuts that absorbs a considerate amount of heat from the vapor as it passes through, cooling it down before it gets to you.

I've only tried the Grav upline taster as a stem without a CU, definitely a bit harsher IMO but that stem still does a decent job cooling so its not awful. I dont think I would try the stock stem without a CU. Now I am kind of curious though so maybe I will... how bad can it be? :lol:
Yeah, I prefer larger hits so the Grav stem, while an attractive enough hack, doesn't provide adequate cooling when it comes time to finish the bowl.

Rather than buying extra stems and cooling units I just get by on the one included short stem and primarily use the TM at home with j-hooks. The ritual is great: just putting the TM on the hook when it reaches temp as if was a pipe lighter. Two hand operation isn't for everyone and of course it isn't portable at all in this use case. Still, the flavor is better without that stainless cooling unit in the airpath and I can go longer between cleanings since I use the j-hooks way more often than the stock short stem.

That said, I'd have to agree that if I was only using the cooling unit stem I'd want at least one backup because it'd clog too quickly otherwise.

Ripstar

Good to know! Sometime I have no patience and want to puff while stuff is cleaning.

Ripstar,

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Now I am kind of curious though so maybe I will... how bad can it be? :lol:
I’ve only used the stock (short) stem with the cooling unit. Indeed, I ordered an extra of each since receiving my Tinymight 6+ months ago. Can’t hurt to try a 3rd party stem (which I don’t currently own) without a cooling unit. Just start at low temp and work your way up if it’s palatable, that’s all. This vape is so versatile as we’ve all discovered. And it works all too well for me natively with the stock stem and CU, just the way I like it. OK, I did mate it with my glass rig once and it was great/fun with the stock stem and cooling unit, though I did crank up the temp then going through water. Cheers. :peace:

Top Bottom