TinyMight / TM 2

angular ocelot

That sounds more like I would expect an “adjustment” ring to behave. With a full rotation on your unit, you have complete control. My stems fit, so I’ll have to deal with what limited tiny adjustment I may have, but if I turn mine more then a touch, it comes off.

No sense in emailing TM, due to the juvenile email “bomb” campaign organized in the shipping thread, emails at thIs point go into the void. Someday, assuming TM is still in business, I’ll ask them about this.
once you get going on this little thing you wont give a shit.

fareast

Know lot of happy people with the Tiny Might but think money better spent elsewhere for the long term.

i do hope they can grow with the demand
This is a smart and completely rational approach. At this point in the development of TM as product and a company it is an option with many positives but also some significant risk. If your appetite for risk is low, you should avoid the TM until the level of risk appears acceptable to you.

I went into buying the TM understanding the upside and the risk and I recognized that it could turn out to be a disappointment or disaster. So far (I got mine in early June), I have no regrets and I would likely do it again if I had a legit need for a second unit. But it is worrying that as more units are sold and more problems surface (inevitable with every product) the resolution of those problems is looking to be a significant hassle (at best) and a possible wipe out of money spent (at worst). If the worst were to happen, I can wear that, but that's not to say I would be happy about it.

Also, to be completely honest, the recent developments on support are probably causing me to change how I look at the TM and maybe how often I grab it. To give just one example, I probably was just casually plopping the replacement battery into the TM without thinking about the potential damage to the internal contacts. So, now I'm not doing that any more and will make a point of giving the TM a bit more "kid gloves" treatment going forward.

It's maybe worth noting that the same level of risk can impact you in different ways at different stages with a product. When I ordered and was waiting for the TM to be delivered, that was one sort of risk. Now that I own it, use it most every day and love it, the risk takes on a more immediate and visceral aspect. Before delivery, the risk was pretty abstract. Now it is more real, even though I don't think the risk level itself has actually increased significantly. What's changed is the potential disruption in my enjoyment.

Apologies for rattling on...and I'm not even high yet...

WisePenny

unknown. unmember.
Now that I own it, use it most every day and love it, the risk takes on a more immediate and visceral aspect. Before delivery, the risk was pretty abstract. Now it is more real, even though I don't think the risk level itself has actually increased significantly. What's changed is the potential disruption in my enjoyment.
Sounds like "a legit need for a second unit" to me :rockon:

slayyou

Sounds like "a legit need for a second unit" to me :rockon:
All jokes aside the CS situation seems to be worsening. This is concerning, I hope they can come to the rational conclusion that it's high time to grow the team. Hopefully before an implosion happens and we're all out of our 10 year warranty.

slayyou,

WisePenny

unknown. unmember.
Definitely some growing pains. I mean from the start of this thread, demand has exceeded supply, and TM guy has been perpetually playing catch-up. Based on the order numbers posted in the shipping thread, I'd say even with the increases in production that he had put in place a few months ago, demand has still grown more than his capacity to handle it.
I waited 8 weeks for my TM - ordered mid-January and received mid-March. I don't know that CS has changed much. Just now, there are an increased number of people waiting, and some of the more impatient ones are most vocal.
This is not to say that TM's communication couldn't improve. That's been obvious from the start.

karec

a question for the initiates, we know there is a secret way to turn the heat up or down on the device but is it possible to do this accidentally? my device is perfect, temperature wise, but i do worry i could accidentally mess it up. im not asking for anyone to spill any secrets, just whether it is possible or not.

IMO you have to be really handy to, by mistake, do the secret procedure to change the heat settings.... even with instructions is not that straight forward, i had to do a few times until i got it right, so in response to your question... its possible but i dont find it doable or easy doing it by mistake...

Yeah my understanding is that the boost option is only in session mode

hummm sorry, i dont think so, when you change the default temp setting is going to change for both on demand and session... but i can be wrong... when i got this info (6 months ago) provided by the maker it was for on demand so.....

I mentioned this here before.
Ville's justification six months ago is that there are differences in height in the wooden body.
How has he not solved this yet?:hmm::disgust::disgust::disgust::disgust::disgust::disgust:
I shortened the inner aluminum tube 1mm :whip:
IMG-20200507-162656.jpg

🇵🇹

I thought the this small difference in height was the result of "us" turning upside down the bottom screen to support the Dzoinp Mod, if we use the less rimmed surface facing up the stem will touch the screen and not the rim, and since we need to turn upside to support the Mod.... see below

20200827-145705.jpg

20200827-145705.jpg

So i think most people never realised that the screen is different and its not only putting inside no matter the side up.... after one clean they have 50% chance make a mistake and then they get that 1mm difference....

Cheers
😎

MedicinalMonkeyWrench

I think I've been in the secret heater mode by mistake. I was trying to turn the led off when I first got it and interpreted the instructions wrong. I ended up in a strange mode that changed the colour of the led as I turned the dial. I just turned it back to where I thought it was originally and pulled the battery. It's been ok since

fogbank

I’ve checked my TM against the stock photos, the GAP between the “Tube Holder Ring” and the top of the body is the same. My understanding is this ring is threaded and adds some adjustment to the tightness of how the glass tubes slide in. Looks like this tube holder ring simply presses down on the RED O-RING, compressing it making it fatter/wider. All good.

MY ISSUE/QUESTION:

On my TM, this “Tube Holder Ring”, has very FEW threads on it, especially looking at the deep threads on the body where it screws down. My ring “screws”, ON/OFF with JUST an 1/8 of a turn, goes NO further. This means there is no real means of adjusting it either way. It’s either ON, or with 1/8 of turn, comes off.

Can current owners CONFIRM this on their TM’s, just received mine yesterday, and this “adjustable” ring, does not seem right. Thanks.

I can only add that the gap between the ring and the top of the body is noticeably different on my two TM units. One is significantly larger than the other, but both units work about the same for me (my second unit probably runs one temp setting higher than my first one). I don't see much difference in how tight the stem is when I "adjust" the rings. I just keep them as tight as I can get them by hand.

On a similar topic, I noticed that my stem seemed to be slightly angled on one of my units as it protruded from the chamber. I noticed that the red o-ring was not compressed into the groove evenly. Removing the stem and re-seating the red o-ring resolved that issue.

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
So excited for this! I know it will take some time, but I don't care.

I do wonder about session mode...
Do most of you use it with a water pipe?
Do you even use it. I don't see a reason not to use it at home when you want to finish a bowl, I wonder how long does the tinymight battery last in session mode?

m0sh,

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure

Do you even use it. I don't see a reason not to use it at home when you want to finish a bowl, I wonder how long does the tinymight battery last in session mode?
I almost never use session mode. I like to not feel rushed between hits and from the few times I've used it session mode seems harder on the battery, which is to be expected.

I generally temp step from 4.x to 8 and don't mind just pressing the button and waiting for the buzz in a few seconds.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

I never use session mode like that, because I want to clear my hits, I don't want vapor sitting in the device condensing on unwanted surfaces... I only use session mode as a way to hold down the button without having to actually hold it down, so basically I'm just using it for one hitter bowls through water.

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
My pods have arrived. With and without thread.
I never used pods on my crafty. it was so easy to pack the bowl ...
But I recognize that they can be useful in certain circumstances. This year on the beach I noticed that.
Both restrict the flow a lot, the threadless ones restrict even more. They are also too long and so I didn't get a uniform avb, even reversing the pod in the middle of the session.
You know I love my dremel ...:whip::science:
I'll try it and then say my opinion
edit: the threaded ones fit my stems very nice...almost no gap and they fall out easy with the stem upside down

IMG-20200827-192203.jpg

The others( Fill-iT 10 Tool - Incl. 10 Jack-Pods ) without thread ... I dispense them

Last edited:

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I can only add that the gap between the ring and the top of the body is noticeably different on my two TM units. One is significantly larger than the other, but both units work about the same for me (my second unit probably runs one temp setting higher than my first one). I don't see much difference in how tight the stem is when I "adjust" the rings. I just keep them as tight as I can get them by hand.

On a similar topic, I noticed that my stem seemed to be slightly angled on one of my units as it protruded from the chamber. I noticed that the red o-ring was not compressed into the groove evenly. Removing the stem and re-seating the red o-ring resolved that issue.

Thanks for the follow up. I’m assuming that on all the TM’s, the cap always has a gap, as the threads on the cap don’t go all the way up. The only way to test the depth the cap can actually screw down to, is to remove the oring and aluminum tube/sleeve, so nothing in the way to stop it. One member responded earlier, he could screw his cap 2 full turns with empty chamber, and one full turn with tube/screen in place. I have 1/8 of a turn, in either situation. I don’t believe it’s been cross threaded, there are just so few actual threads on the cap end, it just stops, and leaves the normal gap you see on all of the TM’s. So basically I have to leave it tight, downside.... no adjustability.

RustyOldNail,

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
Hey @RustyOldNail , my ring only has a couple of rows of thread. If I remove the aluminium tube, o-ring and stem I can screw the ring flush with the top cap of the device. With the o-ring and stem in place I get almost a full turn before I start to pinch the o-ring.

It sounds to me like you have a crossed thread, or as @dzoinp suggests, a wooden body that's too short... But you should be able to screw the ring all the way without the aluminium tube even if the body is short. *Shrug*

RustyOldNail

Hey @RustyOldNail , my ring only has a couple of rows of thread. If I remove the aluminium tube, o-ring and stem I can screw the ring flush with the top cap of the device. With the o-ring and stem in place I get almost a full turn before I start to pinch the o-ring.

It sounds to me like you have a crossed thread, or as @dzoinp suggests, a wooden body that's too short... But you should be able to screw the ring all the way without the aluminium tube even if the body is short. *Shrug*

Well, your posts confirm my fears. If the cap can screw all the way down till flush with the body, mine has a threading issue. I cleaned the threads on both parts, and added some Nyogel lube to the threads before I used it. I don’t want to FORCE anything with aluminum threads, and possibly put it out of service.

Thanks again, that added info on the full travel ability of a properly threaded cap, at least confirms I’m not totally crazy and a 1/8 turn on/off is NOT how it’s designed to work at its best.

RustyOldNail,
Reactions: Cheebsy

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
@RustyOldNail – I don't quite understand the issue. The goals are a) to make the tube sit firmly in the tube holder (you should be able to hold the device by the tube), while providing b) a bit of adjustability to control how firmly the tube can be inserted and removed. Is any of those goals not met for you?

I just keep them as tight as I can get them by hand.

The manual recommends to not overtighten, though. Just saying.

Siebter,

RustyOldNail

@RustyOldNail – I don't quite understand the issue. The goals are a) to make the tube sit firmly in the tube holder (you should be able to hold the device by the tube), while providing b) a bit of adjustability to control how firmly the tube can be inserted and removed. Is any of those goals not met for you?

The manual recommends to not overtighten, though. Just saying.

I understand the intention of having the cap being adjustable, to slightly depress the oring, making the opening for the glass tube, tighter, or looser. My unit does NOT have that capability, as it’s either on all the way, or it comes off with barely a minimal twist. As you’ve read the user post above, the cap should be able to screw all the way down till it’s flush with the body, without the oring and sleeve of course. Mine does not do that, which indicates to me the threading on my unit is not right. So while I’ve read that bit in the instructions, I cannot “over tighten”, my cap just stops after 1/8 of a turn. I can’t explain it much better, but since it’s functional, I’m not going to mess with stressing the threads, by using force. If I had a piece of steel with the exact same threading, or a decent re-threading tool set, I’d try to re-tap the body threads first, but the issue could be on the cap end, and there are very few threads on mine to mess with.

FWIW: While I’m no metal worker, I’ve dealt with aluminum threads on over 25 ECig mods, and probably 20 flashlights, among other devices, so I’m a bit familiar with the topic.

Bottom line, unit is still functional, but my cap/body threads are not right. I won’t lose sleep over it, just helps to know.

Top Bottom