TinyMight / TM 2

Brewervapesalot

If your careful with the quartz sleeves, they work okay. I ran an all glass rig last night. It's a difference in flavor for the better. Stems should be on the looser side. If you have a tight fit stem, you stand a good chance a breaking the quartz sleeze.

I pulled out thr Herablizer to cheat on the Tiny Might during the honeymoon. Herbalizer is better, cooler, smoother vapor. But it's on the margins. At high temps, Tiny Might packs a punch. Especially through a smaller to medium sized water rig.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
A second aftermarket part - replace the adjuster ring with one that has a viton liner (band) to act as a buffer. That should reduce the breakage inclination by several fold.

TommyDee,

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Exactly. But it is obviously not keeping the stem from hitting the aluminum ring which is the reason for the breakages, in my opinion.

TommyDee,

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
@TommyDee – No, that quartz tube holder is just damn fragile. The ring actually never touches it, it's securely separated by said o ring.

Maybe I got your idea wrong, but the culprit is the quality of the glass (and there's not much room to make it thicker).

Siebter,
Reactions: Tweakz

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Does something back that red o-ring to keep it from moving out of the way during impact?

This image shows the o-ring further back in one zone. That is why I was wondering if that could be a reason. It may have clearance statically, but with effort and a loose fitting ring, it seems it could easily crash into that sharp edge. Just chamfering that edge next to the glass would help.

tinymight-side-photo_444x444_crop_center.jpg

Last edited:
TommyDee,

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
@TommyDee – Not sure if we still are on the same page. The red o ring sits between the fixing ring on top and the tube holder, pretty much nothing could make it move out of the way. It's tightened down by that ring.

Again, the culprit is the weak quality of the glass, even small shocks will make it break for sure. A good & lasting solution would mean a thicker glass, which would need a different diameter for the tubes or even a whole different layout.

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Why is it not sitting right? Looks okay to me.

Do you refer to the gap in the o ring?

Siebter,

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
@TommyDee – I think you misunderstand the whole setup of the device and I recommend to stay away from remote analyzing problems of such detailed nature.

Edit: btw, more current models do not have that gap in the o ring anymore. Not that it matters here, just saying.

Last edited:
Siebter,

tokenknifeguy

If that looks okay to you then this conversation is moot and I will maintain my assumption.
No you are right. The oring is sitting recessed in that one spot whereas the rest of the oring is not. I couldn't imagine it making that much of a difference but maybe see if you can prise it out.

tokenknifeguy,
Reactions: dimmusp

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
In real life that gap is supertiny, I too don't think it's an issue at all. The Tinymight dude (thx @LabPong) has switched them for gapless o rings quite some time ago anyways.

Brewervapesalot

No you are right. The oring is sitting recessed in that one spot whereas the rest of the oring is not. I couldn't imagine it making that much of a difference but maybe see if you can prise it out.

I have a unit from December and a unit from March. I cant figure out where any gap is on my units. I see what might be a gap or pinched oring or just a shadow hiding some of the oring in the pic above, in the upper right corner. But the seal and o-rings sit nicely on my units ...

TommyDee

Vaporitor
@tokenknifeguy - It is worth a careful look. I don't have my TM yet but I understand this design with what's been released. A protruding stem is problematic with the few reported cases of breakage. What I know about shock and vibration testing is that things do things one never expects in shock situations. This tube can easily crash into the ring with the right [or wrong] shock load like dropping it. I don't need one to see that this gap is minimal in one of many images.

And I am just looking at upgrade opportunities. If you can improve stem breakage risk, do you want it? That's actually upgrade idea #3. #1 was the sticky felt or cork pad for the bottom to protect furniture, which people were all up in arms about. Still want one! #2 was custom wood housings. Easy enough and super customizing opportunities. Nothing wrong with brain storming some ideas out loud. That is actually what forums do best. Help identify getting the most out of our devices without having to bother the maker with endless wish list items or developing a bitch list. I just see opportunity. I'm not talking profit opportunity. Just an opportunity for improvement, in this, for people afflicted with clumsiness. I am certainly a member of that demographic.

@Brewervapesalot - The picture isn't a perfect example but it does expose the upper edge of the outer sleeve. The concept is right but it depends on the ring being tightened to snug the tube. I'm just brain-storming a more reliable cushion. People that haven't broken a stem won't care :tup:

Last edited:
TommyDee,
Reactions: dimmusp

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
I don't think I've seen many stems breaking in this thread, though. This initially was about the custom tube holder being an issue.

I never worry about the stem at all, it's a sturdy construction that works very well (and I'm using the long stem mostly). You don't have to worry about that ring either, it's a set-and-forget kinda thing.

SquirrelMaster

@TommyDee
The picture you posted almost looks like a stem could catch the metal sleeve as its being inserted but that's not how my device looks. The light is hitting it in such a way to make it seem like that but the metal tube is recessed at every point below the red o-ring. That's what you mean right?

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Thanks; bottom line is the gap is minimal and a good hard knock can easily impart a shock to the stem if dropped. Just thinking of ways to make it a little more robust. $10 stem or a $10 stem-saver? You see where I'm going.

TommyDee,

farmerpalmersnt

FWIW.... I dropped my tinymight from a 4ft bench to a concrete workshop floor today. It landed stem first (stock stem), assumed the worst but I have a 1mm chip in the top of the stem. No other damage. Probably part luck, but you've really got to work to break this thing I'd say.

Top Bottom