TinyMight / TM 2

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
@Abysmal Vapor
When you say to rub against paper, do you mean the bottom of the battery terminal cover that screws in?

I'm glad the Tinymight is working well for you and now you have me laughing thinking about farts :rofl:
Yes the screw lid that meets the negative side of the battery. It has a ring on the contact side,rub that ring onto paper,until it gets shiny.Also it is good idea to clean the battery contacts too,maybe alcohol,i wouldnt recommend rubbing cause it would ruin the insulation.
Farts are nothing compared to smelly feet and morning breath after a wild garlic night.(Recent study showed the 30% of the people here dont brush their teeth...)
------------
Edited :
Forgot to add about my stem setup . I use the long stem,my screen is 2,3 cm away from the end that faces the heater.CU are spaced one cm from the screen. I have reshaped the stock cup screen to a flat bottom cup and works great. I use a arizer cup as a lid when i do direct draw.
When using with a watertool i dont use the cooling units,i just put a piece of tubing and stick it in a 19/26 female to male adapter.
When used without the cooling units i can say airflow is as open as the TUBOx. I consider myself having good lung but maybe if i had super human lungs then i would notice the difference. I draw like the vacuum cleaner with empty stems on both and cannot really tell which one is more open than the other.

Last edited:

Sensory Leaf

@Abysmal Vapor
When you say to rub against paper, do you mean the bottom of the battery terminal cover that screws in?

I'm glad the Tinymight is working well for you and now you have me laughing thinking about farts :rofl:

I cleaned my cells and contacts yesterday, after a month of use...

I used the back (rubberised) side of a mouse mat, and rubbed the contacts (on batt cover and cells) on it, to remove any "tarnishing" that may build up, increasing resistance in the circuit...

I haven't noticed any difference, but keeping your cells/contacts clean, is a good idea.

Last edited:

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
I haven't noticed any difference, but keeping your cells/contacts clean, is a good idea.

It's actually a bit unlikely to notice a difference since this is a regulated device, so the only one noticing a cleaner contact would be the battery management system – I might be wrong, but that's what logic seems to dictate. I do agree that keeping them clean is always a good idea.

Sensory Leaf

It's actually a bit unlikely to notice a difference since this is a regulated device, so the only one noticing a cleaner contact would be the battery management system – I might be wrong, but that's what logic seems to dictate. I do agree that keeping them clean is always a good idea.

I'm not an engineer, and I agree with your logic...

However; (taken from a response from the manufacturer)

an underpowered cell or a cell that has not passed
manufacturer quality control, with higher than normal internal
resistance cannot supply similarly as the original battery and then it
could mix up the firmware and the calculations and timings for the
heater.

If internal resistance of the cell can interfere with nominal operations, one can conflate that resistance in the circuit (that caused by oxidation on contacts for example) could have the same effect?

Like I mentioned; iv not experienced any performance issues, but keeping contacts clean has got to be a good thing

Edit;
Ohm's law; V = IR

Voltage equals current X resistance... If you have an "incorrect" resistance, the voltage coming out of the DC to DC convertor is going to be incorrect for the desired temperature

Last edited:

Lazytechnician

I ended up emailing back last night (it was close to midnight, so even more rambling I'm afraid!) And I received a response this morning, thought I should update here

Last night's mail:

Hiya

Unfortunately I had to reach for my mighty for the first time in a month this evening

I went back to the original battery supplied with the device, and getting the same experience, next to no vapour

I have come to the conclusion that this can happen with all batteries. It feels as if it is stuck in a strange mode or something.

I have also tried pressing the potentiometer in during use but I didn't really feel any change

It feels like this can reset overnight maybe, and then the unit works fine for a while

I'm hoping it starts to work again, if so I then continue to only use the supplied battery and charger to see if it continues to function properly

Is there any way I can hard reset the firmware myself? Any secret click sequence or something?

The intermittence is so bizarre, I'm almost going mad trying to work out what I might be doing wrong, but as I say, using the same material at the same grind and same temperatures is getting me wildly different results. The difference between a good bowl and a bad one can be like day and night!

As I mentioned, for the entire Friday night (when I received the 3 new vtc5s) it was absolutely throwing clouds out, regardless of which strain (or battery), then on Sunday I was having disappointing bowl after disappointing bowl regardless which battery I used

I have gone through pretty much every variable now and it's really becoming frustrating, I really want to love this device

Is there any chance I am missing something crucial in the airflow/seal?

Although that still doesn't explain it working fine for a whole evening, then dying again a day later

I start to wonder more and more of it is something to do with the potentiometer, or if not that, something physical/mechanical at least - a connection not fully being made somewhere

Weirdly - whether the device is working well, or not working well - the heat up time in on demand mode always seems to be the same - which then makes me wonder about seals and airflow again....

If there's anything else you can suggest I'm all ears

And this has been happening since I first received the device last month by the way, I have spent that time convincing myself that is my fault and that I'm doing something wrong or that something is wrong with the batteries etc etc, but there really is no obvious pattern to the intermittence so I'm starting to think there could be something wrong with it
And the (awesome) response I received this morning:

Hi! Sorry that i didnt have time to reply earlier. I have to say it
seems like you have been thinking about it a lot and tried different
things. And on the other hand I cannot imagine what could cause this.
Anyway, maybe the best way to check things out is if I will just ship
you another device and you can compare if it is a different
experience. What was your order number so I can get the shipping label
printed?
I am both hopeful and amazed......

Sensory Leaf

I ended up emailing back last night (it was close to midnight, so even more rambling I'm afraid!) And I received a response this morning, thought I should update here

Last night's mail:

Hiya

Unfortunately I had to reach for my mighty for the first time in a month this evening

I went back to the original battery supplied with the device, and getting the same experience, next to no vapour

I have come to the conclusion that this can happen with all batteries. It feels as if it is stuck in a strange mode or something.

I have also tried pressing the potentiometer in during use but I didn't really feel any change

It feels like this can reset overnight maybe, and then the unit works fine for a while

I'm hoping it starts to work again, if so I then continue to only use the supplied battery and charger to see if it continues to function properly

Is there any way I can hard reset the firmware myself? Any secret click sequence or something?

The intermittence is so bizarre, I'm almost going mad trying to work out what I might be doing wrong, but as I say, using the same material at the same grind and same temperatures is getting me wildly different results. The difference between a good bowl and a bad one can be like day and night!

As I mentioned, for the entire Friday night (when I received the 3 new vtc5s) it was absolutely throwing clouds out, regardless of which strain (or battery), then on Sunday I was having disappointing bowl after disappointing bowl regardless which battery I used

I have gone through pretty much every variable now and it's really becoming frustrating, I really want to love this device

Although that still doesn't explain it working fine for a whole evening, then dying again a day later

I start to wonder more and more of it is something to do with the potentiometer, or if not that, something physical/mechanical at least - a connection not fully being made somewhere

Weirdly - whether the device is working well, or not working well - the heat up time in on demand mode always seems to be the same - which then makes me wonder about seals and airflow again....

And this has been happening since I first received the device last month by the way, I have spent that time convincing myself that is my fault and that I'm doing something wrong or that something is wrong with the batteries etc etc, but there really is no obvious pattern to the intermittence so I'm starting to think there could be something wrong with it

printed?

That's a commendable approach to customer service

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
However; (taken from a response from the manufacturer)

an underpowered cell or a cell that has not passed
manufacturer quality control, with higher than normal internal
resistance cannot supply similarly as the original battery and then it
could mix up the firmware and the calculations and timings for the
heater.

That could be an issue in some cases, but what he describes (underpowered, higher internal resistance) is basically a faulty battery. That's a bit of a different level than some schmutz on the contacts.

Ah, forgot to address this when you first mentioned it: so when you have inserted the tube, you will still have some play when you try to move it – this is perfectly normal and does not affect the seal or airflow at all.

I'm sure your replacement device will work fine. :-)

Lazytechnician

That could be an issue in some cases, but what he describes (underpowered, higher internal resistance) is basically a faulty battery. That's a bit of a different level than some schmutz on the contacts.

Ah, forgot to address this when you first mentioned it: so when you have inserted the tube, you will still have some play when you try to move it – this is perfectly normal and does not affect the seal or airflow at all.

I'm sure your replacement device will work fine. :-)

I really hope so

Abysmal Vapor

@Siebter I talked some more with the flashlight guy and he explained,that dirty contacts make it impossible for the battery to deliver its full power because it changes the resistance of the contact .This can create an arc/ electrical spark depending on the type of dirt,for example if there is human sweat like from your finger, it has a lot of conductive and semi-conductive elements in it and one of the reasons you get fried at certain electricity levels.
He also explained that it is very important on how exactly a device is regulated,but healty power supply is mandatory to the proper operation,thats why weaker cells would underperform even if the device is regulated or not perform at all..In most cases,bad contact would cause either delivering wrong output values with example pwm (on/off cycle) or it wont power at all if minimum is not met like with buck boost.We know(from the sound of it,lol) the TM is a PWM regulated device,but there is also something that monitors electricity input/output,so it can be combo of both. The guy mentioned that it is not a must that the weakspot is the battery contacts, it can be also the contact between the wiring and the coil.A solder can weaken if not done properly or a mechanical connection can loosen and create that. I have experienced this when using mechanical connectors for the DC socket on my logvapes,when they get loose the connection becomes too hot to the touch(it can even melt it),i guess weaken solder would be just the same. I think he meant something similar by saying that if the vape gets hot at areas it should not, like the top plates ,the electricity is not going where it should.To my logic decreased surface contact is like using a thinner gauge wire than needed,and there are certain gauges rate for certain amps of electricity,a thinner one could get hot and even melt the insulation.
I also notice performance difference between my old vtc5a and the new one that came with the TM. It takes more seconds to the buzz,just like it does when battery charge drops too.Also when battery is down to 1 buzz i feel that the unit cannot keep up with my draw on the WP and takes forever to buzz to 6.5,then when i throw a fresh cell we are back in cloud city instantly.
Further update on the screen position in the stem for WP use,a recipe to benzene free monster hits :D. I moved the screen 2.9-3cm away from the tip,it is almost at the level where the o-ring seals with the stem but a step further down.I load loosely up to 1-1.5 cm height from the screen,try to leave at least 1cm distance from the tip. Set it up at 6.5 wait for the buzz and start hitting.Materials stays very light brown with a greenish hint. ABV smells fresh not toasted,if i run it trough higher setting i get almost zero vapor but get shitty taste and bad feelings in my system. This setting for me is optimal for vapor thickness without the sacrifice of respiratory discomfort,if i want smoother i get satisfying sessions even at 5.

Last edited:

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
To my logic decreased surface contact is like using a thinner gauge wire than needed,and there are certain gauges rate for certain amps of electricity,a thinner one could get hot and even melt the insulation.

That's the thing here: using a thinner wire would increase the resistance dramatically (and thus minimize the power), but I think it takes *a lot* of dirt to actually increase the resistance of a cap so much that less than the needed current could flow. I've been using many regulated 18650 devices for some years now and never had to care much about contacs at all – that does not mean that it's impossible, but this kind of electrical setup does not seem prone to be sensitive to some dust or sweat in my experience.

I also notice performance difference between my old vtc5a and the new one that came with the TM. It takes more seconds to the buzz,just like it does when battery charge drops too.Also when battery is down to 1 buzz i feel that the unit cannot keep up with my draw on the WP and takes forever to buzz to 6.5,then when i throw a fresh cell we are back in cloud city instantly.

Hm, I've read similar experiences in this thread and all I can say is that they do not match my experiences. I cycle through various VTC6s and VTC5As, some of them are older than a year I suppose, and usually will keep them in the TM until they are dead or almost dead – for me the TMs performance is very consistent no matter what charge (and I actually did some testing because subjectivity is a bitch). Dunno. :-)

Abysmal Vapor

That's the thing here: using a thinner wire would increase the resistance dramatically (and thus minimize the power), but I think it takes *a lot* of dirt to actually increase the resistance of a cap so much that less than the needed current could flow. I've been using many regulated 18650 devices for some years now and never had to care much about contacs at all – that does not mean that it's impossible, but this kind of electrical setup does not seem prone to be sensitive to some dust or sweat in my experience.

Hm, I've read similar experiences in this thread and all I can say is that they do not match my experiences. I cycle through various VTC6s and VTC5As, some of them are older than a year I suppose, and usually will keep them in the TM until they are dead or almost dead – for me the TMs performance is very consistent no matter what charge (and I actually did some testing because subjectivity is a bitch). Dunno. :-)
To my experience with 510 deck if you dont tighten the coil it makes the base itself hotter than it would with the tighten coils. Also it reads different resistance. Anyway i am not going to try to convince you cause you said it subjectivity is a bitch,also being hard on the trust is a good thing,maybe you could post some technical data that backs your statement if you have explored the matter already . Just going to say that i also did testing and also count seconds to the buzz,asked someone that i think knows more than me that game a logic explanation to my experience ,going to try later today to match his word with an online sources,so i do not throw empty words here,,also meanwhile maybe someone more higher knowledge of the matter will chime in and would reveal the truth.

Last edited:
Abysmal Vapor,

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
To my experience with 510 deck if you dont tighten the coil it makes the base itself hotter than it would with the tighten coils.

Yeah, but that's how *coils* behave. A battery cap is not tuned to a certain resistance.

Also: I never said you were throwing empty words.

Abysmal Vapor

Yeah, but that's how *coils* behave. A battery cap is not tuned to a certain resistance.

Also: I never said you were throwing empty words.
Edited my post sry i meant.. So i do not throw empty words, jumping between languages is a bit hard for me when i am that vaped. :)
To add some usefullness to this post.
I think i found alternative stem for TM. I have one comming from China with the slowboat.
This is the bubbler for the HerbvaX vaporizer from Airistech which i also think is for the Headbanger which some of our members own,maybe if anyone of them also has a TM can confirm if it is a fit.
It is on dhgate,aliexpress,e-cig sites. Also some places in EU and US and CA at a bit higher price,Puffitup have it for 15$ i think. The build quality on this one is pretty shitty,hope mine is better,but this was the only photo with sizes :).
rBVaSVtuX9CALXvjAAKLL-uRq7M922.jpg
rBVaSFtuX9CAdTNMAAHRK7FnvNY894.jpg
rBVaSVufI1CAaHyBAAKBNmDgFPQ291.jpg

Here are some links where to get :)
https://www.dhgate.com/product/orig...ater/425077906.html#s1-0-1;searl|0797407584:1
https://www.everyonedoesit.co.uk/products/airistech-headbanger-bubbler?_pos=2&_sid=0a6044512&_ss=r
https://ottaman.de/Herbva-X-Water-Bubbler-Glas-Adapter
https://cityvape.eu/vaporizers/10561-airistech-herbva-x-water-bubbler.html ------------ only 9.99 euro be quick :D
https://www.svapostore.net/en/vaporizer/airistech-herbva-x-glass-bubbler
https://vapeking.cz/bylinne-vaporizery/230-bubbler-pro-herbva-x.html
https://www.kvalitnivaporizer.cz/Herbva-X-mini-bubbler

Last edited:

Abysmal Vapor

@Abysmal Vapor – Oioioi, that's a great find. Perfectly sized. Would be a bit worried about water spilling into the device, but would try. Wonder if a cu would fit too.
I was planning on using it dry. Maybe if the top is redesigned and given to some dhgate guy it could also fit the CU,i bet it wont be hard to find someone willing to do FC-series of TM stems :)).
Also Lillian the CEO of Airtistech is a great person maybe someone interested in reselling those can take it up with her directly, i am sure a custom run with open top could be done if ordered ammount is big enough,but let's first try them if they do a good job :D..
--------
Edited
Looks like glass balls can also be added if small enough to fit(3mm?) and then one put a screen as a lid so he doesnt inhale one by accident.
-----------------
Only $5.75 here https://coolvape.ca/products/airistech-herbva-x-3-in-1-glass-bubbler

Last edited:

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
dirty contacts make it impossible for the battery to deliver its full power because it changes the resistance of the contact

bad contact would cause either delivering wrong output values with example pwm (on/off cycle) or it wont power at all if minimum is not met like with buck boost.

but I think it takes *a lot* of dirt to actually increase the resistance of a cap so much that less than the needed current could flow

Well ... nothing could be more appropriate for me right now! tks FC
Lately I have been having difficulties connecting my TM ... this has been mentioned before.
sometimes when trying to turn it on, it simply made a different vibration and didn't light up. I took the battery out, put it back in, changed it for another one and nothing. then it tried again and it worked. this happened for a week or so.
After two months of intensive use, I estimate that i have changed the battery more than 100 times!
I just cleaned the thread on the battery cover and the thread on the TM ... 3 completely dirty cotton swabs on both sides. No, I will not post shitty pictures ...
I have no idea if it solved the problem, I also cleaned the contact with the battery.
It is impossible that this dirt does not increase the resistance ... I am almost sure that this was what sometimes prevented 100% contact

dzoinp,
Reactions: Alex3oe

Sensory Leaf

I just cleaned the thread on the battery cover and the thread on the TM ... 3 completely dirty cotton swabs on both sides. No, I will not post shitty pictures ...

Your cool, I don't need to see dirty q tips, but did the cleaning solve your issue?

Sensory Leaf,
Reactions: dzoinp

im not a robot

sometimes when trying to turn it on, it simply made a different vibration
this is probably not what you mean, you write this has been mentioned before, so apologies if this is a redundant question.. but: are you sure that those different vibrations are not just the feedback the device gives when you fail to correctly input the three pushes to turn it on? just asking because i was confused at first, asked tm & was told: "hey, i know you are pressing the button, i am listening to you, but you are not doing it the right way!"
?
this happened to me right from the start, so i am assuming it is a bit picky re speed of those 3 clicks.

RelaxedNow

Last night's mail:

Hiya

printed?

This may have been mentioned before, but I’ll throw it out there; I’ve sometimes noticed inconsistent performance as well. I think what caused it for me was a loose ring where the stem is inserted, which was caused by twisting the stem when pulling it out. Checking that, and tightening when loose, seems to have resolved my problem.

Now, if only I knew where my Tinymight has gone. I’ve quit searching though, so I guess I’m resigned to never seeing it again. :\

Lazytechnician

Ok, small revelation may have taken place tonight, I've emailed the creator:myday::

OH. MY. GOD.

So sorry to double/triple post

But I just finally caught up with my friend who ordered a tinymight a day after me.....

I loaded a usual bowl in my device, set it to 7.5 and took a 7 second draw - some flavour but no vapour whatsoever

I then took my stem, placed it in my friends device, set to 7.5, took a 7 second draw - BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

I literally turned into a dragon in his kitchen, and finally had the kind of vape I'd seen in the YouTube videos!

I have totally mixed emotions right now, both amazingly happy that I have (hopefully) found that there IS actually a problem, and that I have a new device on the way, but conversely incredibly sad at the material I feel I have almost wasted in it over the last month :(

Anyway! For now I'll just look to the future (and go back to the now-boring mighty until the other unit arrives )​

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
Well ... nothing could be more appropriate for me right now! tks FC
Lately I have been having difficulties connecting my TM ... this has been mentioned before.
sometimes when trying to turn it on, it simply made a different vibration and didn't light up. I took the battery out, put it back in, changed it for another one and nothing. then it tried again and it worked. this happened for a week or so.
After two months of intensive use, I estimate that i have changed the battery more than 100 times!
I have no idea if it solved the problem, I also cleaned the contact with the battery.
It is impossible that this dirt does not increase the resistance ... I am almost sure that this was what sometimes prevented 100% contact
This happens when you change the battery? Next time you need to swap batteries try removing the dead battery and then walk away for a couple of minutes. Upon your return install the freshly charged battery and see if the problem occurs? My TM #1 has a problem where I must wait a minute or two before installing the fresh battery. Ville fixed this in newer versions, including my TinyMight #2.

Edit: TinyMight did offer to repair my TM#1, instead I decided to order a second and keep TM#1 which I may send back.. but not anytime soon :rockon:

Last edited:
Top Bottom