TinyMight / TM 2

GoldenBud

Well, how his "bottom line" applies to the tiny might is a mystery to me!

The material of the heater is only a factor in its ability to keep up with a vaporizer's performance needs (note I just posted putting the tiny might through 15 bowls within 45 minutes, 0.15 grams in each bowl, 7 hits each bowl, level 9, and each hit lasting 5-6 seconds at a fast/strong drawing pace--largely filling my lungs--and the tiny might's heater never once could not keep up, even as battery voltage dropped from 4.2 volts to 3.6 volts).

And I have never out paced the tiny mights heater--despite my hardest and best efforts.

So either the tiny might's stainless heater is a miraculous unicorn, or he's just talking out of his butt...

I would buy TM over TP80 because I would break the glass in some point. And I also think most people would prefer the TM (most of the people don't need the hardest hitting portable device lol) BUT the TP80 probably hits harder because of the bigger hitter.

Let me be clear: I like his review basically because of this line, going deep understanding the heaters. many reviewers don't do that..

but yea @LabPong I agree he has to be more focused in his reviews :lol:

Last edited:

vandalizedbythelotus

Well, how his "bottom line" applies to the tiny might is a mystery to me!

The material of the heater is only a factor in its ability to keep up with a vaporizer's performance needs (note I just posted putting the tiny might through 15 bowls within 45 minutes, 0.15 grams in each bowl bowl, 7 hits each bowl, and each hit lasting 5-6 seconds at fast/strong drawing pace--largely filling my lungs--and the tiny might's heater never once could not keep up, even as battery voltage dropped from 4.2 volts to 3.6 volts).

And I have never out paced the tiny mights heater--despite my hardest and best efforts.

So either the tiny might's stainless heater is a miraculous unicorn, or he's just talking out of his butt...
he's not talking shit IMO. the glass adds mass, inertia and better heatsoaking to the system. the difference should be is noticeable, for taste as well.
that being said the coil TM has looks great, with faster heating and large surface area so past a certain point of performance the difference is subtle.
but anyway i don't think it's fair to compare those two, heaters and portability are too different

Brewervapesalot

What had me confused was the title of the video "Tiny Might vs Tetra P80"

Confused me too.

The e-nail at the beginning combined with vapecritic saying he had only had six sessions with tiny might previously kinda foreshadowed that anything he was about to say wasn't going to be all that helpful or reliable....

Also, I guess the audience for "live streams" is the people he's vicariously "hanging" out with. It's just not interesting watching someone talk to his computer screen. That might just be me though. It wasnt what I was expecting given the title of the video.

he's not talking shit IMO

I didnt say he's talking shit. I said he's wrong.

Glass can help retain heat for sure. But a big ass foil stainless heater with plenty of juice running through it can work better (tiny might demonstrates this!).

One reason a big ass stainless heater works better for convection is because it cools quickly! (As another pointed out already) Meaning your herb only cooks when you press the button AND inhale!

(Glass heaters retaining heat with herb nearby almost certainly means conduction and cooking is occurring far more between hits)

Basically, both things are true; glass heaters and stainless heaters can out perform each other depending on other factors. Vapecritic thinks otherwise, categorically saying glass is always better (because he's chosen to make and sell and in that video promote a glass heater device!), and he's wrong--talking overlybroad and out his butt.

Last edited by a moderator:

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Amen brah! I rec'd mine today too and gave everything a through cleaning. Then a put a new and freshly charged VTC6 in, which was followed by one long and four short vibrations, then dead. Three quick presses of the button, nothing, nada, zilch! I tried different batteries, changing the dial to see if it was in silent mode and then finally when placing a battery in I held the button. This must have reset things as this thing is blazing now. I did a couple of burn offs, loaded a short stem and.. oh wow.. this thing immediately earned a spot between my NewVape FlowerPot and Splinter Z. Honeymooning for sure, but I gotta share... this may even have dethroned my Splinter Zs spot... did I just say what I thought I said?

Edit: Have a really great sativa buzz on! :spliff:
That's great news. Thanks for sharing and making it harder still for me to hold off. Any thoughts on the short and long stems or extra cooling units? I still dislike those nuts and washers (especially for $25) but with my extensive Splinter collection I can't really imagine loving a vape and also being fine with only having one stem for it. I just read someone on the MV1 thread saying they clean theirs after six crucibles and I about snarfed my fizzy water.

And yeah @Brewervapesalot and @Easywider that live stream from Bud should not be posted like a comparison or review. Mofo takes twenty minutes to hit one of them and is just rambling and losing his train of thought like a dab and gab stream. Nothing wrong with creating content like that but the thumbnail is misleading at best. Better to let the stream vanish after 24 hours and record a proper review or comparison video. It's not like he's got a Sirius talk radio show where he just needs to fill four hours every morning.

Brewervapesalot

dab and gab stream.

Hahahahaha. (E-)nailed it!

Better to let the stream vanish after 24 hours and record a proper review or comparison video

Yes. But he leaves it up as a recording and puts up a misleading title to get views so people hear his advertising for his new vape...

I just read someone on the MV1 thread saying they clean theirs after six crucibles and I about snarfed my fizzy water

Very true, and needed. Actually MV1 needs the lids cleaned about every crucible!

I went like 20 bowls in the tiny might and didnt clean it last night...

Last edited:

Easywider

Simple is the way

I think we are all secretly hoping for a miraculous unicorn, I know I am. :brow:

@bossman custom stems are inevitable.
200.gif

vandalizedbythelotus

I didnt say he's talking shit. I said he's wrong.

Glass can help retain heat for sure. But a big ass foil stainless heater with plenty of juice running through it can work better (tiny might demonstrates this!).

One reason a big ass stainless heater works better for convection is because it cools quickly! (As another pointed out already) Meaning your herb only cooks when you press the button AND inhale!

(Glass heaters retaining heat with herb nearby almost certainly means conduction and cooking is occurring far more between hits)

Basically, both things are true; glass heaters and stainless heaters can out perform each other depending on other factors. Vapecritic thinks otherwise, categorically saying glass is always better (because he's chosen to make and sell and in that video promote a glass heater device!), and he's wrong--talking overlybroad and out his butt.
i get what you are saying ... and clearly he has a personal preference for glass.
again ... not fair to compare those two ... i'd say the TM is more like the lil'bud/timber or even the nomad.
IMHO a bit of conduction is not a bad thing for a session vape (which IMHO the glass heaters are better suited for) because ideally you want the material as close as possible to vaping temps and then while drawing the heat increases and should provide a better extraction compared to a cold start hit

VapeKnight

Day Tripper
I've used both the short and long stems and honestly don't notice much difference between the two. I tried the long stem without the CU and the vapour was significantly hotter. My own opinion on the CU is simply it works. . If anyone who doesn't own one is under the impression that its an unatractive bunch of nuts and bolts, it's not. When you see it inside the glass stem it looks like a finished product. If it was completely custom milled as opposed to having off the shelf hardware of the same SS it most likely wouldn't change its performance. At least hold opinion until you see/use it for yourself.

on /off : I have to press the power button once, which than vibrates, followed by three quick presses to turn it on. when turning if off, I only have to press three times. I minor glitch, anyone else notice the same ?

Brewervapesalot

[glass heaters vs a stainless heater] should provide a better extraction compared to a cold start hit

I don't even think "should" is the right word. "Could" yes, but not "should." Tiny might's perhaps best feature is that on a cold start--you get a fabulous hit EVERYTIME... :clap:

Everyone is saying their first hit out of the box is great....

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Whoo... I am amazed by the reactions here.

This video was a *private live stream* where Bud / the Vape Critic shares his first experiences with the TM, clearly stating that he got it the day before. Whoever expected a thorough review got not only the idea of the stream very wrong, but also him as a person.

Also in the end he says that in his opinion both the TM and the P80 are very cool devices – yes, he missed that the TM is capable to be loaded with much bigger amounts than he demonstrated, but he was actually impressed by the way he could finish those small loads with 1-2 hits. That's what he initially enjoyed about it – since people like myself have given him some heads up about load sizes in the TM, I'm sure he will give that a try soon and update.

I understand hanging out with Bud is not for everyone, but he likes to hang out and many others do too. But when not, it makes no sense to insist on something he never planned to do.

Edit: The TMs heater is a coil, not a foil. Wonder why this idea comes up every now and then.

Will the Sony VTC5A work well with this vape? It’s higher rated at 25a but lower capacity than the VTC6 and I already have a couple I used in the Milaana.

Lower capacity, but they do work fine.

Last edited:

vandalizedbythelotus

Whoo... I am amazed by the reactions here.

This video was a *private live stream* where Bud / the Vape Critic shares his first experiences with the TM, clearly stating that he got it the day before. Whoever expected a thorough review got not only the idea of the stream very wrong, but also him as a person.

Also in the end he says that in his opinion both the TM and the P80 are very cool devices – yes, he missed that the TM is capable to be loaded with much bigger amounts than he demonstrated, but he was actually impressed by the way he could finish those small loads with 1-2 hits. That's what he initially enjoyed about it – since people like myself have given him some heads up about load sizes in the TM, I'm sure he will give that a try soon and update.

I understand hanging out with Bud is not for everyone, but he likes to hang out and many others do too. But when not, it makes no sense to insist on something he never planned to do.

Edit: The TMs heater is a coil, not a foil. Wonder why this idea comes up every now and then.

Lower capacity, but they do work fine.
the heater is a coil made from foil. and i think the controversy here stems from the title of his stream specifically the "vs" part. maybe "and" would have been more suited.
also we are hungry for reviews of the TM and passionate about the subject because it seems like the best on-demand battery powered device out there.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Could you not add heat soaked glass to the airflow?

Stem setup from the bottom up.

Screen
Glassbeads
Herb
Screen or cooling unit.

Would like to see if this works.

Edit: dont have mine yet as waiting on vapefiend.

Yeah this would just rob heat from the load... Would only hurt performance and efficiency in every way... I see no benefits, but drawbacks.

I agree, You're spot on. but in this case he also gave the bottom line: ss devices are limited. they can't retain heat enough time. but it's better using true portable device without glass. less chance to smash it.

i mean.. for durability, you gotta give something in return... hehe
TM seems like very good choice portable device after this review

That bottom line is just a (imo silly) opinion, it is just a feeling he gets based on his own usage style (and potentially bias) Glass makes the heater unique, sure, but not necessarily superior. In many ways it can be a negative, and not just bc of durability (and don't get me wrong I love glass)... It is important to remember the Tetra is still driven by 4 long steel coils, the glass is merely an insulator, it is still an ss device.

I would buy TM over TP80 because I would break the glass in some point. And I also think most people would prefer the TM (most of the people don't need the hardest hitting portable device lol) BUT the TP80 probably hits harder because of the bigger hitter.

Let me be clear: I like his review basically because of this line, going deep understanding the heaters. many reviewers don't do that...

Okay that's fine, but to me he actually shows an extremely limited understanding of the heaters... And when you are trying both, with the same amount similar set up as best you can, you absolutely do not feel like the Tetra hits harder... Different vapor signature, but hard hitting effects are not more present than in the Tinymight...

he's not talking shit IMO. the glass adds mass, inertia and better heatsoaking to the system. the difference should be is noticeable, for taste as well.
that being said the coil TM has looks great, with faster heating and large surface area so past a certain point of performance the difference is subtle.
but anyway i don't think it's fair to compare those two, heaters and portability are too different

Agreed! Except for taste, going head-to-head with the same strains, they really are both top tier revealing full flavor. I even have some tangie dream that has not tasted the best, and both of these vapes reveal that quite well lol

This literally happens every time a vape critic video is posted, there becomes a long debate about his credibility and style, and the videos intention etc etc. I may have to leave this thread for a while! The sidetracks getting to me :lol:

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
the heater is a coil made from foil.

A foil to me is a flat surface. I might be wrong but this looks like a wire being wrapped in circles (= a coil):

gs9237uu20y25kp6.png

---

I also disagree very much with the VCs idea of a coil with glass being superior to an all ss heating element, but I sense an off-topic alert here and recommend having this discussion in the →dedicated thread

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
A foil to me is a flat surface. I might be wrong but this looks like a wire being wrapped in circles (= a coil):

gs9237uu20y25kp6.png

---

I also disagree very much with the VCs idea of a coil with glass being superior to an all ss heating element, but I sense an off-topic alert here and recommend having this discussion in the →dedicated thread

Oh, no it is definitely a flat piece of steel, not a wire, you can see the sides at an angle. Steel coil is used in iHeat to protect wood from heater and now as a diffuser disc above the heater. Nomad uses nichrome foil coil as well. The heater in the TM is unique from all of these, just as the Tetra heater is unique. All have a high surface area which helps them be very effective, typically more so than just a regular coil on its own (though those vapes are effective too!)

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
Can't say 100%, but if anyone does experince the same, i would recommend at least trying to leave the battery out for a bit, few mins and even overnight if needed. Obviously to long of a wait isn't acceptable and would need exchanged, but if it is a small window may not bother some like myself.
Or, you can save yourself a few minutes by holding the button whilst you tighten the battery cap.

Any thoughts on the short and long stems or extra cooling units?
The taste is not at the same level imho as the Splinter Z with XL8R, I should also note I have only used the short stem thus far. I’ll try the long one tonight, but suspect it will not offer a lot more than the short. I will say inserting the cooling unit in the long stem without dislodging the o-rings around the cooling unit was a pita. The clear o-rings roll up as your pushing the cooling unit through. I can see cleaning being a pain dealing with those. BTW, I do recommend a thorough cleaning as there was quite a bit of dirt/residue that came off mine new out of the box.

More testing to continue! Here’s an image of the TM with a few other vapes for scale
full

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
[...] you can see the sides at an angle

Oooh okay, I actually missed that, thx for pointing it out! :-)

I will say inserting the cooling unit in the long stem without dislodging the o-rings around the cooling unit was a pita.

Make sure the o rings are not twisted or warped, but in line with the ridge on the cu. I had the same problem and since I check after putting the o rings back on, this has not happened again.

Last edited:

Brewervapesalot

Stainless (coiled/wrapped) ribbon as vapecritic said I think is best description, but it is foil and coil like too.

Also just wet the stem or heat it up before moving the cooling unit and you'll have much less issues with the orings on the cooling unit twisting out of place...

Last edited:

Brewervapesalot

I would agree with YaMon that the TM doesn't taste quite as good as my Splinter or Stempod and the vapour is a little hotter, but it fits no nicely in my pocket ...

I agree the flavor is not A+. But it's a solid A to B+, with the cooling unit, depending on temperature setting and whether first or last hit in a session.

Also, it's inevitable that after market or direct from seller that all glass paths with sufficient cooling will be made.

I posted a couple current options a couple pages ago.

The milaana stem, with a glass capsule inserted in the bottom, produces the best flavor that I have had so far.

RelaxedNow

I received my Tinymight yesterday. I’ve not used it a lot yet (3 unfinished small loads), but I’m impressed. My first draw was at 10 (OOPS...I was so excited, I forgot to check the temperature dial.) I took a big ol’ draw, and about coughed up a lung. I probably don’t want to start at 10, and definitely don’t need long draws if i do. The next draw was at 5, and very light vapor. Kinda same at 6, but plenty at 7. The load wasn’t done, but I dumped it and started over at that point, thinking I’d consumed most of the goodies on the first hit.

Next load, I tried 5 for the first hit, and it didn’t satisfy. I turned up to 6, took a good long hit, and choked. Continued at 6, for a couple more hits, getting a good hit each time. I then dumped the stem, as I wanted to try STARTING at 6.

First hit at 6 on the new load, I took a fairly short draw (not wanting to choke if it DID hit hard. Man, I was glad I didn’t take a long draw, as I got plenty of vapor on that first hit this time. 6 may be my number (reminds me of the Sleep Number Bed ads).

I don’t know with certainty yet what setting, load size, length of draw, etc. I’ll be using in the long run, but I do know I can get a terrific first hit at 6 with just a short draw.

Yeah, I think I’m gonna like this thing. And I can tell you that composing this post was really hard after testing it. :lol:

Or, you can save yourself a few minutes by holding the button whilst you tighten the battery cap.

I will say inserting the cooling unit in theThe clear o-rings roll up as your pushing the cooling unit through. I can see cleaning being a pain dealing with those.

First, I’ll have to remember the button/cap thing. Thanks for that.
Second, Spit; Best o-ring lube available. It made mine go back together perfectly. :cheers:

Top Bottom