TinyMight Odd Taste with 1st use?

adam w

Just recieved a TM, and noticed just drawing on it empty theres an odd taste

Should I heat it empty 1st or just start packing bowls?

adam w,

btka

mine also had it... smelled a bit like fish... got told it is the finishing of wood... mean you this smell? if yes mine went away after some time...

btka,
Reactions: Momor

Jah75

might be the wood finishing that he uses, I had the same thing with one of mine - it went away after a couple weeks of use

Jah75,

adam w

might be the wood finishing that he uses, I had the same thing with one of mine - it went away after a couple weeks of use
Man I cant even get it to fire. Charged overnight and it just blinks green once after following heating instructions. Sent in for help unsure what to do

adam w,

Jah75

Man I cant even get it to fire. Charged overnight and it just blinks green once after following heating instructions. Sent in for help unsure what to do
might want to check to ensure battery contact is good - sometimes the contact needs to be "pried" out just a bit

Jah75,

Jah75

there is a great write-u[ in the TM thread with torx sizes and everything - you should be able to find it by searching "Contact" and check the "This thread only" box

Jah75,

Jah75

I'm a dummy

I had the temp set to 0

Reset to 6

Now baked

Great product
haha - welcome to the club - I have bemoaned broken vapes many times (that I then realized had no batteries in them)

Jah75,

passenger

is this thing on?
smelled a bit like fish... got told it is the finishing of wood... mean you this smell? if yes mine went away after some time...
Fish smell is not what I want from a vaporizer lol what finish is that? Odd choice at least. What time range are we talking about here? It's a bit funny 😁

passenger,

adam w

Fish smell is not what I want from a vaporizer lol what finish is that? Odd choice at least. What time range are we talking about here? It's a bit funny 😁
What's interesting is I didn't notice at all one the 1st draw. Only when I drew it without any herb. Taste was woody

Jah75

some people perceive it as a "Fishy" smell - it smelled more like an odd woody incense with a light BO lean (not appealing sounding - but it was light) to me - it disappeared after a few weeks (this was a second unit that didn't get used much at all - maybe 12 uses before the taste was gone)

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I'm a dummy

I had the temp set to 0

Reset to 6

Now baked

Great product

Haha this is exactly what I was going to say to check, glad you got it working!

The finish used is linseed oil, it can fade fast, though some people are more sensitive to it than others...

Remember to clean all the inner metal parts of the TM when it arrives, I did that and let it air out a bit, the smell was not really noticeable by the time I used mine! (my original I did not notice a smell at all, I think it was not oil finished back then, but now is)

Top Bottom