Tinymight 2 O-ring for top panel (above glass insert) size?

VapeForHealth

I was cleaning my TinyMight 2 after a combustion, and the o-ring avove the glass insert has to be replaced since silicone holds odors. Replacements for every o-ring except this one were packaged with the Tinymight 2. I checked online and found the "O-Ring Replacement Kit by Tinymight" but it doesn't have that size either.

I searched the Tinymight thread, but haven't found anything yet. Still combing through a ton of posts.

Does anyone know what size o-ring I need for this area?

Thanks!

EDIT: I found the "official part" Here on the Official TinyMight Website but I would prefer to find out the actual size O-ring for future use and in case anyone in the future is looking for this part so that they can be sourced from an O-ring supplier if possible.

If I find out the actual size of the O-ring, I will post it in this thread after I receive and test fit the replacement.

Last edited:

gangababa

According to information in this post by @BKR2311, the O-ring size is 20.5 mm OD with a 1 mm cross section (18.5 mm ID).

Edit; The post to which I link does not specify whether the 20.5 mm dimension is inner or outer diameter. I have found an AliExpress source for 20.5 mm x 1 mm, but it says 20.5 ID.

Edit 2; Using my mm scale and measuring the removable metal sleeve and how it measures relative to the O-ring make me believe the O-ring is 20.5 ID, 1 mm cross section. One would need to measure the inside of the top-cap where the O-ring seats.

Last edited:

VapeForHealth

EDIT: I found the "official part" Here on the Official TinyMight Website but I would prefer to find out the actual size O-ring for future use and in case anyone in the future is looking for this part so that they can be sourced from an O-ring supplier if possible.

If I find out the actual size of the O-ring, I will post it in this thread after I receive and test fit the replacement.
Ultimately, I did not get a 100% confirmation on the actual size of the O-ring. The post above by gangababa provides some information regarding the size, and a link to the TM/TM2 thread with some discussion of it, but I cannot personally confirm the size 100%.

That being said, as I stated earlier in the thread, TinyMight does sell the O-ring on their official website, as do a few other retailers. As this is a part that many will likely never have to change, if you do have to change this part, I would recommend just buying it from TinyMight or another retailer just to be sure it fits.

The TinyMight 2 MUST BE OPENED to replace this O-ring, so DO NOT order this part unless you are comfortable working on your device. You will also require a very slim T20 screwdriver. NOTE: You MUST use a T20 screwdriver! While a T20 bit from a bit set will remove the outer screw with no issue, you MUST use a T20 screwdriver to access the internal screw to remove the top of the TinyMight 2 as the bit will not fit in the very small hole for the internal screw!

Here are the instructions to replace the O-ring and/or glass lining for the TinyMight 2:

Remove the screw on the bottom of the TinyMight 2 with a T20 screwdriver and remove the bottom panel.

After you remove the bottom panel, you will be able to see that there is another hole on the circuit board inside, beside the hole for the first screw that you removed to remove the bottom panel.

Insert a T20 screwdriver until it reaches the screw on the inside of the top panel, and unscrew until it is loose. Approximately 15 full rotations will be needed. NOTE: This is a captured screw, it will not come out of the device.

Now you can remove the top panel, and replace the O-ring and/or glass lining. When reassembling the device, it is important to tighten both screws very tight.

NOTE: You may have a hard time removing the bottom and/or top panels after removing the screws as the panels on the device can be very tight. I suggest using a plastic punch or some type of hard plastic tool that can be tapped with a small hammer or mallet (I used a flat bottomed fine sharpie marker.) Place the punch/tool on the ridge of the aluminum to tap the panels loose. Also, be VERY meticulous when putting the top and bottom panels back on as the tolerances are very tight, and it is possible to put them on crooked if you are not cautious.

Patience and dexterity are required to complete this task, but it can be done with the correct tools and knowledge. I hope this helps anyone in the future who may be reading this. Good Luck!

VapeForHealth,
Reactions: gangababa
Top Bottom