Ticket Help!

G

Hello,

I am 16 and recently got my provisional license in CA. I was pulled over by a cop and got a ticket for violation 23222 (b), and 128146. The 23222 is for possession of Marijuana, and the 128146 was for driving passengers under the age limit for a provisional license. They were ages 15-16. This is my first offense. The cop knew I smoked, and when he asked if i did I told him yes. He didn't ticket me for a DUI though, luckily, he was being somewhat nice. I was wondering when i go to court, if the judge can ask if I was smoking. What would I tell the judge if he/she asked, and if the cop was there that i admitted to smoking, because he didn't ticket me for driving and smoking. I wasn't "high" but i did have a few hits around 30 min before we got pulled over. Can the judge even question me about that, and if so what should i say? Can i go to traffic school and not receive a suspended license? The cop knew i was high, but told me at the cop car he wasn't going to ticket me for a DUI. Need to know that the judge is going to ask me when i go to court or if he can even ask if i was smoking when the ticket clearly doesn't state i did. Just possession and driving friends.

Thanks

Guest,
G

I know i got lucky. I just want to know when i go to court, can the judge ask me if i smoked when the ticket has nothing to do with smoking and driving? Also if i admitted to smoking awhile before i got pulled, can he give me a fine greater than what the ticket is for?

Guest,

rayski

djedmondo said:
I know i got lucky. I just want to know when i go to court, can the judge ask me if i smoked when the ticket has nothing to do with smoking and driving? Also if i admitted to smoking awhile before i got pulled, can he give me a fine greater than what the ticket is for?
Just say no! Best answer for everybody. But he probably won't ask.

rayski,

FEAR420

Dont you have to be 18 to register here?? :ninja:

And no,he cant do anything about that. He can ask you,and you should deny it,like you should always do. Basically what the judge will ask is why did you do what did? Did you realize the consequences? Are you gonna do it again? Blah blah blah blah....Seriously man,dont make a mountain out of a mole hill...its really not that bad. Now if you had got pinched smoking while speeding or swerving thru traffic,thats a different story.

FEAR420,

The_Other_Shoe

What's Going On?
I am not sure what you did to get pulled over in the first place. Usually the cops won't stop a car just because they think someone is driving people when they still have their provisional (I went through my provisional license in CA a while back drove tons of people did a bunch of stupid shit and never had any problems). Regardless, from what it looks like, you'll just be going to a juvenile traffic court for whatever county you live in. A couple years back I rolled a stop sign (just got a new truck, used to driving an element with short front end, stopped inside the crosswalk and the cop was a bitch.) had to go through the process. Basically, what happened to me was, I went in, explained what happened, pleaded no contest, gave a whole spiel about what happened. Judge person said don't do it again and told me to pay the court fee and dropped the charge. I don't know about what would happen with the marijuana because I have no personal account of that, but it seems like they would ask about the possession possibly. It is not really formal and I don't think they're going to interrogate you about whether you smoked or not.

The_Other_Shoe,

Trixer

To give you a good answer we need to cover a few variables, first and for most.

What did you get pulled over for?

When the cop asked you if you smoked, did he give a time frame? Did he say something like "Have you been smoking today, recently, earlier" or did he just ask you if you smoked? Chances are he asked you if you smoked simply to see if you are a dealer (alot of dealers dont smoke, and its a pretty big tip off to have drugs and not be a user that your dealing them lol)

Time frame is important here because if he asks, and you deny, and the officer says something then you can be like "Sorry judge I mis understood the officer and thought he was asking if I have or had smoked before and not if I had smoked recently.. I was sober when I was driving"

The judge is legally allowed to ask you what ever the hell he wants to, including the color of your underware. However if he askes you if you were high and driving you can always plead the 5th, which basically states that you wont answer the question on the grounds that it might incriminate you, or you could just deny it (if you dont mind lieing to a judge..).

Now honestly, I doubt the judge is going to ask you crap about it, and personally I feel if you answer his questions in a humble, polite, and respectful way. Very little will come of it.

Also im sure sense possession was part of the ticket then going to court might be mandatory, However if its not, and you can just pay the fines and be on your way your best bet would be to do that.

Man you guys are so lucky in cali, where im at if they find as much as a seed you better believe your gonna break out in metal cuffs...

Trixer,

CrazyCracker

Be sure to dress nice (for church, not for the club) and if you are really worried go to some NA meetings beforehand to show mr judge that you are proactive. Oh and don't smoke til your 18 ;p

CrazyCracker,
Top Bottom