ThrowAway glass bong ???

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
What concerns me the most is the water that gets trapped inside the bubbler. It is a potential garden for bacteria and other nasty stuff. There is no way for me of opening the bubbler, so that water gets stuck in there for days, even under the sun.

Yeh I hear ya, in that case I'm going to have to say the UFO is probably too cumbersome, the bottle rocket is clearly a better option.

But it's vape only, unless you spend more money on a custom bowl/downstem.

However, this would fit the bill:
http://smokinjs.com/Water-Puff-Bottle-Pipe-WPUFF/ :brow:

large-wpuff.jpg

$16, that's well within your budget. :2c:
  1. Can be easily dismantled for cleaning meaning you can easily it in a half height zip lock bag with some ISO. That bag can then be placed in a pot of hot water = easiest clean ever. Just empty the ISO back into its container (you can reuse the ISO a few times, many if your friends ever switch to vaping, then you can reclaim!), rinse bag and water puff and hey presto..... Done. :rockon:
  2. The WP can be dismantled when travelling. It will fit in a pocket. It's also much less prone to breaking:tup:
  3. Grab a bottle of water while out and about. Don't forget you can also easily pop that bottle in a recycle bin once you are done ;)
  4. You won't have to punch anyone anywhere. Unless you want to :rolleyes:
  5. No one would ever dare question your commitment to your environment. Well ok may be not :shrug:
Also, when I go out with friends, the bubbler is portable, so it goes into a bag and no worries for it getting smashed since it's not

I am almost 96.371% certain that a $3-$4 glass bubbler is going to be so fragile that it's probably not going to be something you can just throw in a bag, certainly not a pocket.

Irrespective of all the environmental concerns that have been raised, I just don't think cheap glass is your best or even practical solution.

Gotta be honest, before I got my grasshopper I just used to smoke when out and about. I did have a credit card pipe back in the early days but that didn't work out. "no Mr bouncer/officer I have no idea why my ID stinks of weed" :ugh:

Eh?!! :shrug:

Really @Mr. Gweilo 420?

Thanks for that, it was so nice of you :\

But fyi, I am not on a 'high horse' as you put it. Nor am I lecturing, I am simply trying to urge someone to find an answer to their question that has less impact on our environment.

Also, we are not talking about throwing away ONE cheap bubbler. We are talking about multiple pieces over a passage of time - potentially years? But I guess none of this matters to you.

So yeah . . . whatever, I guess I should just keep my opinions to myself . . . . .

Thanks for the insight, @Mr. Gweilo 420.

:peace:
Dude I dont even really disagree with what you say. I am also tired of people spouting their political agendas at every possible opportunity.

mandelbrod

Ok, my "End of the world-decadence" joke was the only political view that wasn't supposed to be shared in this thread, my sincerest apology for that as, indeed, this is not the place for that comment, it was aimed as a joke, to lighten the situation, it did not do that, Je M'excuse!
But consider,
Recycling and maintenance of your gear isn't a political view, its common sense.

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Unbelievable. A new member comes here and asks a simple question about glass and you fine folk have to turn it into a pissing match that has NOTHING to do with his question and EVERYTHING to do with your opinions......

Opinions on the earth, on Trump, and on recycling... FFS this is a vaporizer forum and this is a marijuana related question. While I'm not diminishing your opinions or concerns, I'm with those who are sick and tired of everyone turning everything into their own political agenda.

Now.. going forward in this thread I expect to see suggestions of cheap glass or solutions for this member and not a lot of derailing opinions and defense of same. Cause those will either get deleted or, if nasty, will earn points.

Last edited:

kellya86

Herb gardener...
It amazes me how cheap glass can be bought these days....

When I was a youth we would have to use makeshift bongs from plastic bottles and parts of pens, and a small mechanics socket for a cup....

Now you can buy glass for less than the cost of the makeshift parts...
I still couldn't bring myself to chuck them out after though.... I'm a slight horder...

I'd still clean them, even for the smokers...

gaseous_clay

Why throw them out? Have your friends keep them as mementos or something.

I have a few Chinese pieces I keep for company.

1. People are nasty. I don't feel like putting my mouth on a bong a friend just slobbered all over. Fuck you. You're nasty. Here's your own that I can disinfect when your nasty ass goes home. Great seeing you though!

2. People are clumsy. Want to end a friendship? Tell someone who made an honest mistake they now owe you $400 for the piece they knocked over. (And hope you can still get a proper replacement whether or not they pay you.) $30 China piece? Easier to get $30 from a friend.

kellya86

Herb gardener...

1. People are nasty. I don't feel like putting my mouth on a bong a friend just slobbered all over. Fuck you. You're nasty. Here's your own that I can disinfect when your nasty ass goes home. Great seeing you though!

2. People are clumsy. Want to end a friendship? Tell someone who made an honest mistake they now owe you $400 for the piece they knocked over. (And hope you can still get a proper replacement whether or not they pay you.) $30 China piece? Easier to get $30 from a friend.

Brillant post.... my thoughts exactly...

I often think it would be great to share the taste sensation from the evo.... but it's just not worth the risk....
On the very rare occasions I have to share, it's solo and d020d for them...

When I was at school, one of our group had terrible face acne, especially around his lips....
It wasn't his fault, but we still didn't like the thought of sharing a spliff with them crusty, volatile, burst any moment, lips.....

So we used to all hide from him and sneak off to smoke our joint.... sometimes we would plan it, so we would all ask to go toilet 5 mins before lunch, then we could get out early to avoid Mr crusty lip....

After he caught us a couple of times, with his sad puppy dog eyes, I felt bad for leaving him out. So from that moment on, I just have him his own joint everyday...

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
Brillant post.... my thoughts exactly...

I often think it would be great to share the taste sensation from the evo.... but it's just not worth the risk....
On the very rare occasions I have to share, it's solo and d020d for them...

When I was at school, one of our group had terrible face acne, especially around his lips....
It wasn't his fault, but we still didn't like the thought of sharing a spliff with them crusty, volatile, burst any moment, lips.....

So we used to all hide from him and sneak off to smoke our joint.... sometimes we would plan it, so we would all ask to go toilet 5 mins before lunch, then we could get out early to avoid Mr crusty lip....

After he caught us a couple of times, with his sad puppy dog eyes, I felt bad for leaving him out. So from that moment on, I just have him his own joint everyday...

Thinking about that story actually sent a shiver down my spine. I hate sharing my glass or spliff but I've had to learn over the years to get over it.

My dad was the worst, as a kid (young adult) I'd get all excited at the prospect of sharing a spliff with him and then he would hand me back a soggy roach. Ergh!

Anyone tried these out?

http://www.shivaonline.co.uk/shop/b...ts/oil-slick---slick-shield-bong-condom-.html

9951.jpg

iLoveVape25

Wow, this was SPOT on. You said it better than me. Glad to see all those cool ideas and tools to keep the germs down.

Thanks greenhopper, but I don't want silicone in the pathway. I just ordered 4 glass bongs that are small and i'll post pictures and a review soon.

iLoveVape25,
Reactions: Squiby

hinglemccringleberry

Maybe I missed something, but any glass you're going to dispose of you should be throwing in the recycling bin, not the trash, right? And that way you avoid getting chewed out by people like whats happened in this thread, no?

hinglemccringleberry,

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Maybe I missed something, but any glass you're going to dispose of you should be throwing in the recycling bin, not the trash, right? And that way you avoid getting chewed out by people like whats happened in this thread, no?

Apparently you can't recycle borosilicate......
I didn't know this....
And I don't think it matters to this thread anymore.... don't wanna get told off.....

kellya86,

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
That's pretty Cheap. I like the Grav Labs bubs for cheap combustion water piece gifts a lot and you can get them cheaper in bulk.

I do like buying my friends glass as gifts since it seems like something they won't buy themselves.
I was buying Chinese pieces and giving them away. Now even my combustion friends would rather hit the Evo with a sweet HT or a bad ass beautiful rig with an enail than combust. And when I want to give a glass piece away I just look for a bargain for some US or Canadian glass on IG and give it to them :)

So for me it's no combusting at my house, and once you see all of my cool toys you won't want to!

I get these in 5 packs in assorted colors to give out as gifts. You could always pick up a 5 pack!
They are a lot thicker than that other piece and all 5 could be put into a container of ISO for a full restoration if you saw fit, they don't break easily.
12463.jpg

iLoveVape25

Well, as I promised, here is a review of the glass bongs i bought.

The requirements :

-Small
-Portable to take to nature
-Easy to clean
-Be able to put ICE inside the chamber along with the water.
-Small draw stem, I hate to put my mouth and saliva over those open holes.
-Water evaporate quickly after cleaning so as not to have some yeast development (NO bubblers)
-14.5 mm adapter for my XMAX V2 PRO Vape.
-Diffusion type down stem for more bubbles
-Carb hole to clear the chamber without removing the vape before passing it.
-We are used to QUICK shots in the family, we don't like the casual long smokes.

Basicaly, I searched everywhere and found these 4 bongs to meet the criteria.
-Micro VK 1 : https://www.head-shop.fr/article/07898/Micro-Bong-VK-I---14cm.xhtml
-Micro VK 2 : https://www.head-shop.fr/article/10063/Micro-Bong-VK-II---14cm.xhtml
-Micro VK 2 Nano : http://www.planete-sfactory.com/pip.../bang-verre-et-pyrex/bang-en-verre-micro.html
-Dreamliner : http://www.planete-sfactory.com/pip...yrex/bang-en-verre-dreamliner-round-15cm.html
-11cm diffuser Stem : https://www.head-shop.fr/article/01216-11/Diffuseur-14,5---11cm.xhtml

Please don't pay attention to the dimensions on these sites as these are all wrong. Some of them use the stems inside the dimensions, others don't, and some are just plain wrong.

76ljEZe.jpg

Let's start with the VK2 and VK2 Nano. The VK2 is 12 cm top to bottom without the stem. And the Nano is 9CM. the connection for the nano is non standard 12mm. So a no go. I ordered it just to make this picture. The nano is very small, not enough water, etc. so all the other three are good.

Z1Noy91.jpg

The dreamliner and micro VK 1 look the same. 12cm high both of them without the stem. the dreamliner is more round and spacy and slightly bigger (picture not good representation) and has a RIGHTY carb hole. The micro has a LEFT carb hole.

ecaIqVo.jpg

Here is the stem I found, after ordering many, the 11CM one was the best fit for all three 12 cm bongs.

84z3rFN.jpg

Here is a picture of the setup. I personaly prefer the VK 2. it's the smallest of the three, and you have a clear marker for your water level. I clean the bong with thick salt and any alcohol i can find. Shake shake and you are done. When it's dirty enough of friends use it a lot and are sick or so, throw it away because it costs around 6 euros !!!

Cheers !

Last edited:
Top Bottom