This economy sucks.

josh

Well, as of 5pm yesterday I am officially jobless again. Originally I had been laid off back at the beginning of January from a job that I had worked at almost 4 years. It was in the construction field and with the housing market crashing I pretty much saw that coming. I was unemployed for a couple months and finally found a shitty customer service job in late February. While I absolutely hated the job it was better than nothing. Yesterday they brought me and 4 others in the office about 4:45pm and said that due to the economy they can no longer afford to keep us and that was it. Now jobless again. I get my last check in a couple days. Great, now I have to deal with the bullshit of filing for unemployment in Florida which is an absolutely horrible process. So my task for today will be to see how many PD tubes I can do in a day and still maintain consciousness.

josh,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
ugh tell me about it, im in stockton ca, we were hit really hard by this economic downturn, something abot the city having been one of the major sites of the real estate boom or something

i couldnt even find a summer job in fast food or sweeping up at grocery stores :(

at least you have a vape that will make it easy to strech your bud if you have to make it strech ;)

Acolyte of Zinglon,

CrazyCracker

Sorry to hear that. :( Best wishes finding another job, at least you can file for unemployment. I quit my job lol><

CrazyCracker,

DJDIZZY

I just came off 8 months of unemployment. I am booked for the next 8 but after that who knows... God I love the entertainment industry!

DJDIZZY,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Sorry to hear that Josh!! I heard that you can do a lot of the unemployment stuff online now in FL (I live in FL too)... I hope you do find another job soon and that the unemployment will keep you afloat until then!!

Lo,

illadelph

vaked fresh daily
only one good thing about this economy, everyone obtaining more bud than ever from me. that and i bet bars are booming. :|

illadelph,

josh

Thanks everyone.

And yes, lo, the online process did work out much easier than earlier this year. They must have beefed up the website. I didn't have to go through some long and grueling phone call with someone that could care less. This time I was able to complete the entire application online as I was hitting my PD. I'm gonna, hopefully, collect my $300 a week until something good comes along.

illadelph, I wish my sales numbers where good like yours. Since the economy tanked it takes me twice as long to go through weight. If I was able to move it like I used to I wouldn't have to worry about working.

josh,

illadelph

vaked fresh daily
living in a college town helps my figures lol. plus they get nowhere near as much bang for their buck as they would from their homeboys back home as opposed to me.

/hustlin talk

this economy does suck. i hope shit will look up by the time i graduate.:/

illadelph,

Happycamper

Sweet Dreams Babycakes
illadelph said:
living in a college town helps my figures lol. plus they get nowhere near as much bang for their buck as they would from their homeboys back home as opposed to me.

/hustlin talk

How long till you graduate?

Things cant keep going down, everything just runs on a cycle with peaks and troughs. The rest of the world is officially moving out of a recession. Recently Germany and now Japan are officially out of a recession. The housing market in the UK for 3 months in a row has improved, prices have started to rise. New houses are starting to be built again, everything was put on hold before.

Happycamper,

gak hater

illadelph said:

/hustlin talk

we might have to have a fc meet up some day :)

gak hater,

Purple-Days

Almost a year later, is the economy still sucking?

Alan Greenspan, former head of the Federal Reserve said he sees nothing in sight that will ease the un-employment.

David Stockton / Reaganomics says we are headed down a very bad path. Thinks Bush got it wrong with the Wall Street and Bank bail-outs and thinks Obama is on the wrong track with stimulus/debt increases. Said, both parties are 'the free lunch party'.

Anybody see hope? China has just displaced Japan as the second largest economy.

Purple-Days,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
hmmmmmm. We have a multi billion dollar industry here with Marijuana sales... How long can we turn our back on the dollars and cents that could be made through legalization and taxation and how much could be saved by keeping marijuana criminals out of the system (which costs oh so much in tax dollars). C'mon.

For those who live in Cali, please get out and vote in November. If/when this passes in Cali, the entire nation won't be able to ignore the money. I am hoping for a nation wide legalization in the next 5 years. it could really help boost our economy.

IAmKrazy2,

deathduck

Ya, I read Germany may have recovered. The US laughed at their policy of saving money except only to save jobs (this is my rough understanding of what they did). I don't think spending even more money we don't have is an effective way to get out of debt but that's just me :lol: I think if the recession dips again it's going to create a lot of entrepreneurs and other self employed types. I'm currently self employed as a result of the 2009 recession & I'm loving it.

deathduck,

Mckdenton

IAmKrazy2 said:
I am hoping for a nation wide legalization in the next 5 years. it could really help boost our economy.
Me too! I give it 5 years, if it isn't legal here in the USA by then there is no hope.

Mckdenton,

Purple-Days

And has anybody seen the new penny?
2eus6l2.jpg

Just pulled one out of my pocket and it looks like a token from Coney Island. :rolleyes:

BTW they Have a couple of billion in one dollar coins that nobody wants, they pay for storage and security, and are making more every day. Congressional mandate. What a crop we reap each election cycle. :2c:

Purple-Days,

stinkmeaner

Mckdenton said:
IAmKrazy2 said:
I am hoping for a nation wide legalization in the next 5 years. it could really help boost our economy.
Me too! I give it 5 years, if it isn't legal here in the USA by then there is no hope.
I am not trying to be mean here but I have to say that anyone that thinks Cannabis is going to be legal is delusional, good intentions and optimistic dreams, but not reality. People saying this obviously don't have a clear outlook on politics, unfortunately politicians still build support for saying traditional statements like "War on drugs", you might hear a few outspoken voices on the subject but unfortunately the majority of elected politicians are not in favor of any new drug becoming legal. The hard truth is, we will be lucky if medical Marijuana remains legal in its current plant form in 5 years.

Just look at what has happened to every Marijuana substitute or most legal herbs over the years, they are even trying to shut down paraphernalia sales in some states, so if anything the government will enact new laws to put its stranglehold on society.

stinkmeaner,

vapirtoo

yeah stinky I feel you. On the flip side though, Most black people never thought they would be alive and have a black man as president. If that could happen, maybe cannabis will be legalized in the near future as well. :2c:

vapirtoo,

Plotinus

stinkmeaner said:
Mckdenton said:
IAmKrazy2 said:
I am not trying to be mean here but I have to say that anyone that thinks Cannabis is going to be legal is delusional, good intentions and optimistic dreams, but not reality. People saying this obviously don't have a clear outlook on politics, unfortunately politicians still build support for saying traditional statements like "War on drugs", you might hear a few outspoken voices on the subject but unfortunately the majority of elected politicians are not in favor of any new drug becoming legal. The hard truth is, we will be lucky if medical Marijuana remains legal in its current plant form in 5 years.

Just look at what has happened to every Marijuana substitute or most legal herbs over the years, they are even trying to shut down paraphernalia sales in some states, so if anything the government will enact new laws to put its stranglehold on society.
I think you're going to be in for a really enjoyable surprise. We're much closer than ever before.

Plotinus,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
Marijuana Won't be totally "legal" until the American Empire finally collapses.

bluntfaced,

stinkmeaner

Plotinus said:
stinkmeaner said:
Mckdenton said:

I think you're going to be in for a really enjoyable surprise. We're much closer than ever before.
Never happen, at least not while America is intact like Bluntfaced said. If they did legalize Marijuana, what would they say to all of the people who have lost their money and years of their lives behind bars? "Sorry about all of the trouble we have caused your lives but you can smoke now" People are soft today, unlike the times of prohibition where they stood up to oppression, now people just adapt and move forward. Years ago people made a difference but now with computers people just blog about it.

stinkmeaner,

toxicc

E11001420
Fractional-reserve banking sucks. Banks create money from nothing, wich increase the amount of money in circulation, wich make each dollar have a lower value. Bankers created this system and they are the only ones making proffit from it. It is impossible to pay debt.

toxicc,
gud movie frankenfed the federal reserve w/ anthony j hilder & author of creature from the jekyl island book griffin. the truth channel plays it

hemp;)goofy8cheerio,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
I feel like there is too much money in legalization to ignore forever. The internet, and its ability to instantly share information is helping the movement. We don't need to use main stream media exclusively anymore for information sources. Cali's November election will be the first step. Them making big dollars is the second. Then, some of the rest of us need to get it on our ballet and vote. I do think it is possible, and even probable. We the people carry the votes.

IAmKrazy2,

Plotinus

stinkmeaner said:
Plotinus said:
stinkmeaner said:

Never happen, at least not while America is intact like Bluntfaced said. If they did legalize Marijuana, what would they say to all of the people who have lost their money and years of their lives behind bars? "Sorry about all of the trouble we have caused your lives but you can smoke now" People are soft today, unlike the times of prohibition where they stood up to oppression, now people just adapt and move forward. Years ago people made a difference but now with computers people just blog about it.
The tone of this reminds me most of some prisoners I used to work with as a volunteer. They were so pessimistic that talking to them about life's potential was like tossing rocks into a bottomless well.

I don't mean to be rude. But medical marijuana is legal in fifteen states; decriminalized in at least two; and treated as the lowest law-enforcement priority in cities and states across the country. And this year, for the first time, a state will vote on whether to legalize marijuana altogether.

All of this progress has been made in the last decade and a half, and the most exciting developments are those of the past few years. It's simply not possible to look at this picture and feel hopeless, unless you committed yourself to feeling that way before you began investigating.

I don't mean to say you are wrong - who can know what will happen? American politics are crazy. But I'm surprised that you are so sure you are right.

Plotinus,
Top Bottom