Thinking of moving to Denver

AgentofChaos

Serial Vapist
I have been wanting to move to the Denver area for awhile now and was curious to know if any of the Denver Folks here had any advice, warnings, tips, etc. about living there. For instance what areas are good/bad to live in, which part of Denver or surrounding areas you recommend, anyone looking to hire???:brow:

AgentofChaos,

mattman_WF

vapor freak
i was in denver for about 6 months. its AMAZING. no bugs because of the elevation. legal medical. who could ask for more.

mattman_WF,

reprobate

vaporer
I lived in Denver several times, most recently 1988, and two of my children are there now. If you like big cities it's great. The climate is comparatively mild: you'll get the occasional big snowstorm but next day it may well be 65 degrees, and the summers are wonderful with low humidity.

If I were going to move back I'd live downtown - suburbs and commuting pretty much suck.

Oh, and you will almost be accosted walking in the park area west of the Capitol Building by 'vendors', let alone a huge number of Dispensaries. It's a pretty open minded atmosphere...

[ETA the job market: I have only anecdotal evidence but both my kids have had difficulty finding good jobs... there are too many variables to determine if it's because they're slackers like their dad or because of the recession. :lol: ]

reprobate,

AgentofChaos

Serial Vapist
reprobate said:
I lived in Denver several times, most recently 1988, and two of my children are there now. If you like big cities it's great. The climate is comparatively mild: you'll get the occasional big snowstorm but next day it may well be 65 degrees, and the summers are wonderful with low humidity.

If I were going to move back I'd live downtown - suburbs and commuting pretty much suck.

Oh, and you will almost be accosted walking in the park area west of the Capitol Building by 'vendors', let alone a huge number of Dispensaries. It's a pretty open minded atmosphere...

[ETA the job market: I have only anecdotal evidence but both my kids have had difficulty finding good jobs... there are too many variables to determine if it's because they're slackers like their dad or because of the recession. :lol: ]
:lol: Thanks for the advice reprobate...everything you described sounds great and confirmed some of the rumors I heard about downtown as well. I have actually found some good job postings, I just need to have some back-up cash saved up before I make the move. Im currently applying at a lot of dispensaries and seed banks - I would be living my dream working in that industry.

AgentofChaos,

steiner666

Serial vapist
I've been planning on moving to somewhere in CO for a while now. Pretty sure that's where i'm heading after 2 more years of college. Job opportunities are horrible around here (PA), it's literally a competitive challenge to find even a minimum wage job in this area it seems. I've been lucky enough to have been employed in teh IT field by 1 of the 2 computer/internet companies in the area for the past 3+ years. I've looked into the job openings in CO and I'm pretty confident I"ll find a decent position out there with my degree and, what will then be, 5 years of on-job experience. Although, like the OP, my true passion lie down a different, greener path....

I have a couple friends who have lived out there, one of which ALWAYS tells me stories about his years "out in colorado". How much better and cheaper the herb is, and how the state is much less of a nazi police-state than it is here in PA.

When i couldnt get a glass bubbler shipped to me because i live in one of the 2 states the blower wouldnt ship to because of legal problems in the past, that kinda re-confirmed my decision. Also, there's no way i'd ever want to grow in this state. Although someone could make a killing around here selling decent bud because there isn't much in the area and what there is is usually crap... But i just want to grow for personal really.

steiner666,
Top Bottom