Thinking of buying this press and would like your opinions on it first.

tattooed

s-l500.jpg

The Rositek RNP4. Link to press

I like a lot about it but I'm hesitant to pull the trigger on it since its a decent little chunk of change for it. I want something that I'm not immediately thinking of upgrading but nothing thats super overkill for someone like me who will not be using it full time or doing huge runs. I just want the option of processing what I grow into some concentrate just to mix up the experience of my homegrown.

This a good buy?

tattooed

Rositek is from Dabpress. That's an entry level press so lots of upgrades but price goes up quickly. I have a 10T cylinder based dabpress and like the remote pump and guage. 3x5 plates can comfortably fit two 7g flower pucks.

since this thing will see pretty small occasional use, will that press suffice or do you think any of the upgrades would be appreciated right out the gate? I don't mind dropping the money if it means not regretting the purchase, I just liked that this thing is pretty small and one piece.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I also have a 10t Dabpress, it is best set up and left out as it is cumbersome to move. I have pressed up to 2x 25g 40mm pucks at once but I usually do single 10g 40mm pucks so probably overkill for most home users, the gauge is handy for fine tuning/experimenting though.
I am sure you will get decades of trouble-free use with the Rositek 4t press pictured here.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
It sure is helpful in the beginning, more so for building confidence than anything else.

But one really does get a sense of feel of their press with a lot of experience. I focus on the drip.

bizwaxzion

Enigmatic Cannabist
since this thing will see pretty small occasional use, will that press suffice or do you think any of the upgrades would be appreciated right out the gate? I don't mind dropping the money if it means not regretting the purchase, I just liked that this thing is pretty small and one piece.
When I was shopping I had a list of features I wanted. Separate pump and the ability to press horizontal (drip tech) were at the top of that list which ruled out bottle jack presses from my search. I've never regretted it. There are a few rosin threads here on FC where folks have embarked on the same journey you are considering which might also provide some insight. Bottom line - you can certainly make rosin with the one you asked about.

WelshBrok

My only concern is it doesn’t look like it has anything to keep the plates aligned

WelshBrok,

Robert-in-YEG

s-l500.jpg

The Rositek RNP4. Link to press

I like a lot about it but I'm hesitant to pull the trigger on it since its a decent little chunk of change for it. I want something that I'm not immediately thinking of upgrading but nothing thats super overkill for someone like me who will not be using it full time or doing huge runs. I just want the option of processing what I grow into some concentrate just to mix up the experience of my homegrown.

This a good buy?
Closest thing I've seen are these

Robert-in-YEG

Robert-in-YEG,

LesPlenty

Company Rep
But one really does get a sense of feel of their press with a lot of experience. I focus on the drip.
I disagree, no drips on a 10g load when doing a fast low-pressure press...try keeping 1000psi compared to 1250psi on a load throughout the press by guessing is impossible and I have done hundreds of presses. If you want to fine-tune for specific results and not just press blobs a gauge is needed.

Reekwind

It's one of those ''what if'' constellations where the answer depends on your future preferences for rosin :)

If you get a taste for rosin, you'll probably want to upgrade to something with caged plates and a gauge on the pump,. (I can also vouch for the 10t Dabpress)
If you don't get a taste for rosin, you forked out 400 for something a hair straightener can do somewhat decently for household use.

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
What do you rosin press pros think about this rather cheap manual version...? I'm thinking I might start growing again this spring after my 30 year hiatus...:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
What do you rosin press pros think about this rather cheap manual version...? I'm thinking I might start growing again this spring after my 30 year hiatus...:
I looked at similar on Aliexpress but they had larger plates, the one you linked here only has 2.5x2.5" plates that I believe are a bit on the small side...3x3" would be my minimum recommended size.
Here is similar to what I looked at but they were cheaper when I looked harder,

LesPlenty,
  • Wow
Reactions: Bologna

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
I looked at similar on Aliexpress but they had larger plates, the one you linked here only has 2.5x2.5" plates that I believe are a bit on the small side...3x3" would be my minimum recommended size.
Here is similar to what I looked at but they were cheaper when I looked harder,
Thanks for the thoughtful reply! But yeah, $570.42 delivered is a considerable increase to $164.90... I better start filling up the change jug again, and faster this time!

Last edited:
Bologna,

bizwaxzion

Enigmatic Cannabist
My first reservation would be the hand crank - I think it might be difficult to get good pressure. Would need to be bolted down for sure. Could also be tedious pressing larger amounts of flower (depending on your growing aspirations).

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
My first reservation would be the hand crank - I think it might be difficult to get good pressure. Would need to be bolted down for sure. Could also be tedious pressing larger amounts of flower (depending on your growing aspirations).
Thanks! Yeah, def bolted down, for sure, and I was already thinking of attaching/welding a couple of long pipes to each handle for more leverage...? And as for the small size plates being tedious, yeah, totally, but this would be for just "getting my feet wet", so to speak, and if I dug it, I'd no doubt invest in a much better hydraulic one.... thanks again!

More thoughts please anyone... keep 'em coming...! 🙏🏻 :tup:

bizwaxzion

Enigmatic Cannabist
Thanks! Yeah, def bolted down, for sure, and I was already thinking of attaching/welding a couple of long pipes to each handle for more leverage...? And as for the small size plates being tedious, yeah, totally, but this would be for just "getting my feet wet", so to speak, and if I dug it, I'd no doubt invest in a much better hydraulic one.... thanks again!
If you are already thinking about "fixing" it, that would be a sign for me. I'm not sure where you need it delivered, but amazon has many models from dabpress and others including the one you linked. I bought the 10T dabpress years ago as my first press. I don't press flower that often anymore, mainly press bubble hash now, but I have run over 3 lbs of flower through it and never once regretted my purchase or felt a need to upgrade.

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Ha, well, honestly, slapping a pipe on the handle of a tool to gain more leverage I'd hardly label "fixing", as I do it all the time... but I absolutely do "get" your point... "buy once, cry once", I'm just not sure how big my grow(s) will be... Outdoors, in the days before feminized seeds, after sexing 36 starters, I usually ended up with about 18-20 girls that would yield around 5lbs total manicured and dried...

I'll def look at the dabpress line more closely tho, thanks!

Last edited:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
"buy once, cry once"
@Bologna, don't look at this link,

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
I love that you're thinking of growing again! But I'm not sure that machine would be fun to use mate!

I know warranties are for pussies etc, but I don't think your the first to think about adding more leverage!

4) Please use the 250MM T-handle bar we provide, not replace it with a longer one. This way, it will hardly exceed ≈2.5 Ton force. Not placing excessive wear on the press, using it for a long time.

But they also say
Structural flexibility: The Press101 is built to be flexible and durable, which means we can send you parts quickly for you to repair if your rosin press machine falls from the second floor by accident, for example. It also means you can tear down each part of it by yourself using Allen wrenches, except for the PID temperature controller.

so maybe they expect people to do what you suggest.

I, like most, started with hair straighteners and a quick grip style clamp. That soon became a total ball ache. I'm in the buy once cry once camp. I waited for months for dabpress to restock thier eu warehouse but that never happened. I ended up with a German made graveda that I've been very pleased with, so dabpress might be the forum favourite for good reason, but it's not the only option.

if you use plenty of rosin, a larger machine is a no brainer to my mind.

3 Feet Farms

Hey Folks,

I am in a similar position and thought I would piggyback on this thread instead of starting a new one.

I am in the market for a rosin press I have around £500-£600 to spend (including any import duties to the UK if necessary) and was looking for something around the 7-ton range ideally with a pressure gauge on it.

I have seen the following machines online, but I don't know enough to decide so I would appreciate any advice

1) DULYTEK DHP7 V4 Rosin Press - https://purevapes.co.uk/home/206-du...ess-for-rosin-oil-extraction-5-ton-press.html

2) Grasspresso 7 Ton Rosin Press - https://graveda.de/shop/en/rosin-pr...r-and-pressure-indicator-12-x-6cm-plates?c=34 This looks great and has everything I need but it seems to be a Chinese re-brand? Does anyone have any advice on these machines? @Cheebsy you use a graveda don't you? What are your thoughts on the machines are they worth it?

3) NugSmasher Mini - https://purevapes.co.uk/home/143-nugsmasher-mini-rosin-press-extraction-system-.html Much smaller than I wanted ideally but maybe good enough for the personal use I will be putting it through? Squishing 3.5g at a time seems more like what my usage would be

4) A Chinese press from DHGate or Aliexpress similar to the Grasspresso 7-ton press

Of course, I am open to other suggestions but these seemed to be the most easily available for me here in the UK.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
2) Grasspresso 7 Ton Rosin Press - https://graveda.de/shop/en/rosin-pr...r-and-pressure-indicator-12-x-6cm-plates?c=34 This looks great and has everything I need but it seems to be a Chinese re-brand? Does anyone have any advice on these machines? @Cheebsy you use a graveda don't you? What are your thoughts on the machines are they worth it?
I really like it! There is a thread about them and I've made a large first impressions post with plenty of pictures, and I updated it a couple of months back for my thoughts after some time.

I saw some on Amazon recently that look like they are built in the same factory, not sure how they compare in reality though.

3 Feet Farms

So just for the sake of closure I wanted to update the thread on my final decision.

I tried extensively to place an order for a graveda, @Cheebsy , very kindly provided me with an email and I even emailed them but I had no response back, so I gave up on these presses.

After extensive searching online and reading loads of reviews I got worried about the Dulytek presses as quite a few people had presses that failed shortly after purchase. Added to the fact that they only offer a 6-month warranty on the hydraulic press seemed like they didn't have much faith in the system either so I ruled out the dulytek presses.

I couldn't bring myself to get the nugsmasher mini, for the amount I was paying I wanted more features than what they were offering.

While Looking around I came across Nectar presses, similar to Graveda, it is a rebrand of a Chinese press, but they come with a 2-year warranty. They had an 8-ton press with a pressure gauge and since there was only one left in stock I decided to grab it while it was available ( https://nectarrosinpress.com/rosin-press/pollen-smasher-8t-hydraulic-rosin-press/ ).

Hopefully, it should be a good press, more than enough for my personal needs but I will let everyone know how I get on with the press when it gets here.

Top Bottom