Discontinued Thermovape Cera

Soflo

Only birdshit and fools
I got to the point where the cart had to be cleaned, I did the 20/20/20 thing and didnt feel like it did the job proper, so I went a little further.
I have the titanium version so I figured what the hell....
I'll remove the orings and torch that bad boy like they originally said you could.
I hit it til it sizzled, then poured some iso in the cart wile it was hot, you should have seen the shit come spewing out of that core!
I repeated 3x until the alcohol ran clear. gave it a fresh water bath and torched again until no sizzle.
HolyShit!!!!!!!
this thing hits like new again!
why did I ever wait so long for a cleaning!

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
For fuck sake - my wife found a case.

handpressocarrycase_zps5d9cc7e7.jpg

Haha! I think that case will require some oil slick "balls" sorry couldnt resist
Hey Guys,

Like this:?

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/t...ed-because-of-chaos.7504/page-118#post-325076"]Thermovape Cera (Original thread, closed because of chaos)[/URL]

NN
yeah they change quite a bit from model to model...heres two that I have one on the left is sonicare one on the right is oral B

k998.jpg

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
typically, how much do you guy's load your Cera with? What's the EO cart's actually proposed capacity?

mvapes,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I'll put in .8 from clean, then a big dab (.3) a day, I like to fill it until the top ceramic wafer is swimming in oil, not overflowing though.

I like to make sure the oil is melted into the wafer. But making sure it is completely saturated. I find that if the wafer is "swimming in oil" it make a mess of whatever mouthpiece your using.

Ive found that if your having a hard time getting it to melt in, heat it up for 10 seconds, release for a few seconds, then heat it up for 5-10 seconds again. Unscrew the cartridge and blow into it. Gets it down really fast and easy. You will. See some vapor being expelled as well, but its much less of a waste then continuously pulsing until it melts watching the vapor coming out of the cera body the whole time. Havent had any issues with leaking or anything doing this either

Soflo

Only birdshit and fools
I like to make sure the oil is melted into the wafer. But making sure it is completely saturated. I find that if the wafer is "swimming in oil" it make a mess of whatever mouthpiece your using.

Ive found that if your having a hard time getting it to melt in, heat it up for 10 seconds, release for a few seconds, then heat it up for 5-10 seconds again. Unscrew the cartridge and blow into it. Gets it down really fast and easy. You will. See some vapor being expelled as well, but its much less of a waste then continuously pulsing until it melts watching the vapor coming out of the cera body the whole time. Havent had any issues with leaking or anything doing this either

I never considered blowing into it to get the oil down. good idea! as far as the mouthpiece, I use the ceramic ufo and have never had an issue. I get the best vapor when the ceramic is covered in oil

Soflo,
Reactions: mvapes

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I never considered blowing into it to get the oil down. good idea! as far as the mouthpiece, I use the ceramic ufo and have never had an issue. I get the best vapor when the ceramic is covered in oil
Yeah, kinda stumbled into that. but it really works great especially with thicker stable oils and wax.

and To each there own. I just like to keep my thing as clean as possible. It just drives me crazy when i know things are messy.

Mynameismud,
Reactions: mvapes

play2GETpaidTUESDAYStoned

Unapproved commercial account.
I considered this product but ordered it's biggest compition in the market place >>> INH 004xp. I would have wanted the titanium model, so that saved me, and that's good great because I'll be wanting to reorder and have two in my pocket at all times. I'm still checking in with the THERMOVAPE because it's the other product in the marketplace that I think will work well for ACTIVE people thatwant to get their buzz on and play sports or just go out an socialize while taking hits. IN my own opinion I think the CERA needs to have feedback from user so that it can be the most effective tool it can be and the INH 004 xp is going thru that same process, I just think they in the place where there product is at NOW at this place in time is MORE FINE TUNED to the weed smokers out there. The THermoVAPE is going after a larger tobacco market and also for HIDEING behind concentrates to MASK any apparent odour. so for that reason I opted with the poduct I felt was at a more advanced stage of development.

If you could see the capsules that go into my unit, I think that you would probably agree that there's a relative simbiotic ease with which the pieces for this unit clip into other stoner gear and fuse themselves with those other products already established in the market place today, things such as stoner MINT TRAYS that you throw into your bag or pants and you can use those trays to neatly and smartly carry 5 or 6 capsules. I thnk the CERA has a lot of pot ten tial though, hey!

play2GETpaidTUESDAYStoned,

darkrom

Great Scott!
So....what is your point? Not trying to be rude but did you just say the INH was better? Most veteran members here know the golden rule, there is no one perfect vape...and NEVER will be. Everyone likes different things.

The INH has a fan base for sure, but I'm not at all interested in it personally. Other opinions may vary, but what does this have to do with the cera really?

You should be posting this in the INH thread IMO.

Just trying to be helpful, I really hope you don't think I'm being rude. Glad you found something you like, just not sure its related to the cera thread at all.

Wow, stoner central serves up a flaming pile of hooeeey, oh well, but plated nicely I might add. To answer darkrom I guess I'm still a pot tential investor in this one as well>>>> probably I would DEMO the cera when I'm more confortable using it. But this product is the OTHER best new product and the hand held vapes are MORE FUN because of the limitless potential to do social things and not just use at home. I would look at something like a volcano or more likely for me an aromed, but both I've heard work well. If it's for parties,then the cano is easer, the aromed is more for HANDS OFF MY VAPE users like me. I'll hand mine around not at all,but demo it for free to curious types. I do not recomend the one I have for people that wanna toss around, only just to professionals.

I'd get one of these for my kids, but explain first it's not a toy. After that, it's kinda more intuitive a tool so far to me it seems. I'm hopeing that CERA evolves to that point and when it does, please TITAIUM me up and I'll order one at that point. I'm also in the INH thread saying the same things. THESE two are the best new portables,and portabilty is DISC GOLF HEAVEN brother, bro breath easy! It's all good.

mod note: From the rules page- Do not state opinion as fact.

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Haha, isnt the INH XP going through sorting out a bunch of issues right now? I know one of them is people are getting units with charging ports that look hand carved and aweful and their solution was to send out a sticker to cover it up, i believe? Also, i cant see how using those polyimide capsules would be even remotely better than the ceramic LL cartridge, which is very easy to load and keep clean. The only advantage i can see is the abilty to have preloaded cartridges and mouthpiece probably doesnt get that hot with usage, or at least as hot as the cera. But thats it...

Not only that but isnt it not compatable with oils?

Haha, isnt the INH XP going through sorting out a bunch of issues right now? I know one of them is people are getting units with charging ports that look hand carved and aweful and their solution was to send out a sticker to cover it up, i believe? Also, i cant see how using those polyimide capsules would be even remotely better than the ceramic LL cartridge, which is very easy to load and keep clean. The only advantage i can see is the abilty to have preloaded cartridges and mouthpiece probably doesnt get that hot with usage, or at least as hot as the cera. But thats it...

Not only that but isnt it not compatable with oils?

I have the Cera EO and XP. The polyimide capsules transfer heat a lot faster than the LL cartridge. You just set it to a temperature and it automatically warms up to - no switch involved. It can pack a good amount.. about .3-.4 grams easily. Also a lot lighter than the Cera.. feels like nothing in my pocket because of the carbon fibre design. The Cera just drops my pants because of the weight and not really easy to carry around everywhere. Battery life is also superb. I can kill at least 2 grams in one charge and it has pass-thru so with a USB you can always stay high instead of watching the batteries to charge. In my opinion it blows the Cera LL out of the water other than taste. Just needs to fix those damn replacement time issues (Sent XP in once, Cera three times)

Highnstein,
Reactions: Sonics420

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
The THermoVAPE is going after a larger tobacco market and also for HIDEING behind concentrates to MASK any apparent odour. so for that reason I opted with the poduct I felt was at a more advanced stage of development.
I'm only gonna rib you for this one, but to say that people are "hideing" behind concentrates to "mask" any apparent odors is laughable. Now, I can't really understand why concentrates = hiding. Is it because they smell less? Is TET to blame for wanting people to also quit smoking tobacco? I guess they are, but I hardly count that as a negative of a company. Anyways, I guess I could make the argument that you're also just hiding and trying to mask the apparent odor of smoking weed, but that wouldn't really make much sense would it?

I have the Cera EO and XP. The polyimide capsules transfer heat a lot faster than the LL cartridge. You just set it to a temperature and it automatically warms up to - no switch involved. It can pack a good amount.. about .3-.4 grams easily. Also a lot lighter than the Cera.. feels like nothing in my pocket because of the carbon fibre design. The Cera just drops my pants because of the weight and not really easy to carry around everywhere. Battery life is also superb. I can kill at least 2 grams in one charge and it has pass-thru so with a USB you can always stay high instead of watching the batteries to charge. In my opinion it blows the Cera LL out of the water other than taste. Just needs to fix those damn replacement time issues (Sent XP in once, Cera three times)

Man, I agree. I'm not into tobacco, but if you were or are, get CERA, no doubt.I wont, but I'm glad you spelled that out. I'm still looking at an aromed. Maybe a cano if my parties are too big, but just for starters, probably 2 INH's and a hole 10 load of caps which is easy to go from party to party, concert to concert,girlfriend to well you get the idea. I probably wouldn't cheat on my 004 xp after what you said but CERA still intrguise me a bit. I refer TOBOCANOISTS to it for fun.

Reactions: Highnstein

nopartofme

Over the falls, in a barrel
So are these batteries safe to use at this point in time?
It seems the battery game changes almost monthly
http://www.fasttech.com/product/1233700-panasonic-ncr18650pd-18650-36v-2900mah-rechargeabl
I don't see any change… These are the batteries TET has been shipping for a while?

In my opinion it blows the Cera LL out of the water other than taste.
Taste, removable batteries, manual control, supreme cleanability, customer service, maturity of product (seems like the XP has basically been in "beta" for a year)… Perhaps ease of modification? Ease of mating with a GonG joint? And then there's the fact that the LLC puts you $100 away from a top-class oil vape.

To each their own; I feel like the XP and LLC are very different vapes with different design goals. Some see digital temperature control as a necessity, others not. Some want to be able to plug their vape into a usb jack, others want to be able to swap and potentially upgrade batteries. Some want something that'll blast them and 5 other friends in a very small amount of time, others are just looking for a "solo-dolo" companion.

I'd feel more comfortable comparing the XP to the PN Pro. Comparing to the LLC seems to me to boil down to what kind of vape you're looking for rather than the quality of each vape. The FC saying stands, "There is no best vape."

@play2GETpaidTUESDAYStoned I'm glad to hear you've found a vape you love, though. That's a great feeling. It's always fun reading the tales of happy vaporists on these forums. It's hard to follow it as a knock on Cera, though. No vape can be everything for everyone? Seems to me that the story isn't "Cera is beaten by biggest competitor" but rather something more like "I first thought the Cera was what I wanted, but I've found the XP fits me to a T!" Which is a call for cheers :cheers: but perhaps better suited to the XP thread?

Last edited:

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
It's not fair comparing the Cera to the XP. It's, just like Mud and Nopa mentioned - it's like comparing a pen to the sublimator. The XP was designed as a portable alternative for flowers and flowers only. The Cera was brought to the medical community using the highest grade medical materials possible to help insure healthy medicating.

What some forget is that not all vapes are created equal, where some manufacturers go for the "Get High" and others target the patients using MMJ. I think when thermovape released the cera the term portability was more intended to focus on mobility instead of stationary. In no such shape way or form would I be interested in the either for the same reason.

To me when I think of portability it doesn't always revolve around being stealth. Most of my use is at home and I could care less what I walk around with. So in my case I have the solo and the Cera which both answer my herb and oil needs.

On the other hand, if stealth was my goal than NEITHER would be in that market and to be very candid the XP wouldn't hit that list either. Not because of the weight, but the fact is walking around with that in my pocket IMO would gain attention to myself as the chubby bald guy with an oddly located stiffy!

I've used the INH - I really enjoyed it. Easy, nice to work, decent flavor, dense vapor. Is it stealth? IMO - no. Should it be compared on any grounds to the Cera? I don't think so.

Welcome to the thread play2 - feel free to PM me anytime to chat it up. Start catching up on all your research on these devices and I think you'll be real popular round these parts! And I have to ask - why would you refer someone into tobacco to a Cera? I'd also love to chat in PM about your interest in the classics (cano, Aromed, etc...)

:tup:

Last edited:

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Yeah i wasnt reffering to how well the polyimide capsules work, i was saying that even if they work better, i feel much better, safer, healthier using the cera and all ceramic as opposed to polyimide. Even if its been tested and they say its safe, i just dont feel comfortable...

And yes the cera is a little bigger and heavier, but i have no issues carrying it around in my pocket (except for banging my leg with gym shorts/sweats.) it is portable? Yes. Is it pocketable? Yes or no depending on the person. And thats all i need in a vape. Plus, im sure the cera mini/lite will address the weight issue. And having the ability to swap out batteries is a huge plus rather than charging through an F'd up charging port that their solution to fix was to send out a sticker to cover it up? What a joke.

And i dont know how fast inh is at repair/replacements, but from sending my cera in to getting it back total repair time including shiiping was 7 days. Not many companies are as fast.

Sorry i couldnt help my self, but it seems that everyones points have been made, so probably best to get back on cera and leave InH to its own thread. Or possibly create a cera vs inh thread but that seems unneccesary as everyone stated already since its like comparing apples to oranges

Last edited:

VapoRoor

DAB-a-DAB I'll dooooo
I don't see any change… These are the batteries TET has been shipping for a while?

I just got into the Cera game about a month ago. Correct me if I'm wrong, aren't these batteries green with a triangular top & the TET batteries are black with a button top?

are the green batteries protected and are the TET batteries protected as well

nopartofme

Over the falls, in a barrel
I just got into the Cera game about a month ago. Correct me if I'm wrong, aren't these batteries green with a triangular top & the TET batteries are black with a button top?

are the green batteries protected and are the TET batteries protected as well
They do look different but I think that is just from the "wrapping" which is separate from the "cell" inside. On TET's store they describe their battery as "Japanese cell, wrapped in USA", which I imagine is what accounts for the higher price.

As for whether these batteries are the real deal, or questions about protection, that's getting beyond my limited familiarity. All I know is the names and numbers and a vague recollection of some shiny graphs that @Haywood shared once. I know that NCR18650PD is the same title as the cell that TET carries, and I know that's a great performing battery though somewhat better suited to EO use. I also read once that cell protection isn't desirable for our application, with the battery chemistries that we've been working with. Beyond that your guess is as good as mine!

Last edited:
nopartofme,
Reactions: Tom Funk

VapoRoor

DAB-a-DAB I'll dooooo
They do look different but I think that is just from the "wrapping" which is separate from the "cell" inside. On TET's store they describe their battery as "Japanese cell, wrapped in USA", which I imagine is what accounts for the higher price.

As for whether these batteries are the real deal, or questions about protection, that's getting beyond my limited familiarity. All I know is the names and numbers and a vague recollection of some shiny graphs that @Haywood shared once. I know that NCR18650PD is the same title as the cell that TET carries, and I know that's a great performing battery though somewhat better suited to EO use. I also read once that cell protection isn't necessary with the battery chemistries that we've been working with. Beyond that your guess is as good as mine!
Well I noticed my Green 2900mah NCR18650PD outperforms my 3400mah orbtronic black batteries.
I don't know if the 3400mah batteries are NCR18650PD cells
I just want to get the best batteries without paying $50 for 2

VapoRoor,
Reactions: Tom Funk

Haywood

Onward Thru the Fog
The 3400mAh batteries from orb are NOT the same, and not as good for our needs as either the PD or the CH. The PD battery and the CH battery are different as well; both are great batteries, but each excels with slightly different usage and needs. If what you're powering works well when the battery is mostly discharged (below ~ 3.3V), then the PD will give you 10% more use. In the Cera case, you'll get a little more with the PD if you're using an oil core, which will still work fine below 3.3V. The botanical core, however, is pretty lame when the battery is below 3.3V, so you don't get any additional usage out of the PD when used with the LL core. The CH battery supplies a bit more power (its voltage doesn't sag as much when heavy currents are being drawn), and hence the Cera cores heat up a bit faster and the battery stays a bit cooler.

The CH batteries are pretty hard to find these days, but there's a new Sony battery that's even better at heating up the cores quickly, and keeping itself cooler. Trade off is that it will last about 10% less than the CH...

VapoRoor

DAB-a-DAB I'll dooooo
The 3400mAh batteries from orb are NOT the same, and not as good for our needs as either the PD or the CH. The PD battery and the CH battery are different as well; both are great batteries, but each excels with slightly different usage and needs. If what you're powering works well when the battery is mostly discharged (below ~ 3.3V), then the PD will give you 10% more use. In the Cera case, you'll get a little more with the PD if you're using an oil core, which will still work fine below 3.3V. The botanical core, however, is pretty lame when the battery is below 3.3V, so you don't get any additional usage out of the PD when used with the LL core. The CH battery supplies a bit more power (its voltage doesn't sag as much when heavy currents are being drawn), and hence the Cera cores heat up a bit faster and the battery stays a bit cooler.

The CH batteries are pretty hard to find these days, but there's a new Sony battery that's even better at heating up the cores quickly, and keeping itself cooler. Trade off is that it will last about 10% less than the CH...
Wooo! Wooo! +100 for haywood!
Thanks for clearin up the smoky scene :)

Top Bottom