Discontinued Thermovape Cera

Bart

Nice. Which Revolution adapter did you re-tap, the older all-metal/plated one, or the updated delrin-covered model?

Still hoping someone can answer my question above about the Cera cartridge outer-diameter (not the threads). I very well may mod my T1 into an adapter, even if major grinding is required.
It is the older all metal adapter. Can't find a rubberband to get bowl out of t1 to check fit. I'd call TV and see if they have an extra adapter. I got mine a month ago from them. Better than ruining a t1

Bart,
Reactions: nr nodes

nopartofme

Over the falls, in a barrel
This is the new setup I have been playing with today:

Some of you will recognize that as the mouthpiece from the $40 knock off bubbler. I am still trying to find the best way to keep it in one place, but it works awesome! Would be cool if TET had mouthpieces like this made.
Now I'm sitting here staring at that same mouthpiece wondering why I didn't think of it! I kept it knowing it might come in handy after the bubbler broke. Very nice, now there's more than one reason for a Cera owner to look at that cheap bubbler.

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
These are awesome!
Where would I find these ceramic mp's?
What does your setup entail?... Looks like you used the thermal condom and a water pipe stem gasket to hold the ceramic mouthpiece in place? Do you use a screen?
Only concern is that that grommet there using is rubber and just might get hot enough to off gas or even slightly melt, other than that sweet mouthpieces, i agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

BLAZING OG,

nr nodes

It is the older all metal adapter. Can't find a rubberband to get bowl out of t1 to check fit. I'd call TV and see if they have an extra adapter. I got mine a month ago from them. Better than ruining a t1
Thanks. Not using the T1 anyway because I got sick of 6v battery issues (refuse to buy more Tenergys when I can invest that money in the Cera cartridges instead). I have both rev interfaces, just not sure I'm ready to re-purpose those yet. I also just checked and the delrin interface seems like a no-go, not enough metal at the throat.

What size bit did you use? The tap chart says Q, but not sure if I have one handy. Maybe 21/64 will do it? Was getting it steady in the vice tricky?

nr nodes,

Haywood

Onward Thru the Fog
eG0pJCnl.jpg

gSqQncrl.jpg

Just thought Id share some pics Ive gotten uploaded

Very inventive and clever use of the Delrin Evo shield!

Rocco

How long has TET taken to reply to or get back in contact with the customers that have had issues with their Cera?

I contacted Zeki last night via email and then called today around 12 then 2 (about 2 and 4 o'clock Cali time, I went to the troubleshooting extension and it only tells you to look at their website or their youtube for instructions....which doesn't help because Youtube has all the videos from previous generation and only one or two promo vids for the Cera.....So I tried calling again and this time directed myself to the Customer service extension...the first time no answer...called back a little later and then I get the reject call button(maybe the connection was bad...idk..) and so I called back with no answer again and just left a message at 2 pm this afternoon..

I sure hope they get back to me soon. Ive had to go back to the Vapor Genie now because my Cera will hardly light ( Its starting to get wher it only lights if I apply a fair amount of pressure on the cart pushing it towards the connection with my fingers.

It's nothing to do with my batteries being too short and I am pretty sure Its not any thing im overlooking.I may be wrong, Im not an expert on electronics but I have used TET products for about 2 years and have the hang of all its learning curves and knacks fairly well.

Sorry for the super long posts today guys and gals.. Ive kinda been silently freaking out everytime my mind finds itself back to wondering about my Cera that is in paperweight mode until I get some help from TET

Rocco,
Reactions: harmudge

Rocco

I think you may have skimmed over the part where I mentioned that I did that. First I called the troubleshooting....then Customer service (total of 4 times altogether).

Not trying to insult ya, It was a very long post that wasn't divided up very well. Though,thank you very much for the efforts in helping me solve this dilemma Steama!

Rocco,

Bart

Thanks. Not using the T1 anyway because I got sick of 6v battery issues (refuse to buy more Tenergys when I can invest that money in the Cera cartridges instead). I have both rev interfaces, just not sure I'm ready to re-purpose those yet. I also just checked and the delrin interface seems like a no-go, not enough metal at the throat.

What size bit did you use? The tap chart says Q, but not sure if I have one handy. Maybe 21/64 will do it? Was getting it steady in the vice tricky?
I bought the tap and bit as a set. But double check thread count. I tapped mine wrong first time. Got lucky I was able to retap it right.
I wrapped mine in duct tape to protect it and put it a self centering vice on my drill press.
It's easier if you drill from the handle side of the adapter. The switch hole helps you line it up.

Bart,
Reactions: nr nodes

Skeena

Standing stone faced like a statue.
I think you may have skimmed over the part where I mentioned that I did that. First I called the troubleshooting....then Customer service (total of 4 times altogether).

Not trying to insult ya, It was a very long post that wasn't divided up very well. Though,thank you very much for the efforts in helping me solve this dilemma Steama!

I was waiting a little bit for a reply from them and got a response today, they said they have been really busy I am sure they will reply to you tomorrow

iamn3ko

These are awesome!
Where would I find these ceramic mp's?
What does your setup entail?... Looks like you used the thermal condom and a water pipe stem gasket to hold the ceramic mouthpiece in place? Do you use a screen?

Thanks! Empiremods.com, $3, pretty sweet.

And a ceramic screen! From VaporBrothers, pack of 5 for $15.

There's pics of all of it a few pages back. But it's a thermal cap, grommet, ceramic screen, o ring around the ceramic screen to keep it more in place, everything goes on top of the cap, grommet goes in the thermal cap MP hole, and open mouthpiece goes in the grommet.

Only concern is that that grommet there using is rubber and just might get hot enough to off gas or even slightly melt, other than that sweet mouthpieces, i agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Now yes, I know the grommet is taking a bit of heat, but it's not getting hot at all, nor has anything started to melt. Most of the heat is getting drawn in towards the mp anyways.

But I have a few ideas and tricks up my sleeve that will allow me to use the top cap with out a mouthpiece, but still fit in a titanium MP tunnel with screen attached, and the MP just plugs into that. Confusing. But I'll have something sweet to show soon.

Rocco

Awesome!Thanks for the 411 Skeena! I thought the may be the case,but I was really hoping to get some reassurance. I jus tthought it a bit odd that A tuesday was so busy but I guess when in doubt about TET, its surely safe to give them the benefit of the doubt.

On a side note:​
My LL cart decided to work for a full load after my last post. I had to push inwards and make sure she was screwed in fairly tight before it lit up and would stay lit without me pressing on it.

The EO cart also started working but only when I had the cap off and turned the Cera upside down with the EO cart being slightly pushed down.Though it didn't glow red in the chamber It finally started showing signs of life and got too hot to touch. But an oil core that only turns on upside down and without a mouthpiece does no good but warm my hands :disgust:

Edit: LL cart has now made it through 4 loads very successfully, producing vapor thick enough to blow some rings.

Rocco,

YeeeBuddy

This may sound like a jackass suggestion but maybe your not screwing your cores in tight enough?I screw mine in untill it firmly stops. I'm concerned when u say u made sure she was screwed in fairly tight, should be really tight. I also have gotten in the habit of rotating my cap/mouthpiece clockwise slightly when I take it on/off I noticed in the beginning I was unscrewing the ll core with my mouthpiece. Tighten the core untill it won't go anymore, don't force it but give
It a little strength.

Rocco

Nah that isnt the problem, I would screw the EO core in tight as I possibly could but it wouldnt work until I did the upside down pressing on it against a counter top without the MP on.

I should have said really tight, but didn't for some reason, cus I screw it in very tight and often check it twice, this time I just said really tight cus I made this effort with full intent of screwing it in tight enough. But that wasnt even enough so I had to apply downward pressure onto the LL cart using my palm, then It finally lit up and stayed lit up.

Edit: Ive been testing the continuity of the LL and so far its made it to 6 loads...all for science of course :freak:

YeeeBuddy

All these mouthpiece mods are pretty cool, I really hope TET releases something similar. In the meantime I'm gonna hit up the local head shop on friday and see if i can find a 14mm GONG adapter of some sort. FWIW i still really like the standard cera cap/MP, it really does a good job at cooling the vapor in the short distance it travels. I also am using a really fine almost powder grind and have not once got anything in my mouth, run a pipe cleaner through all the intake holes a few times a week and your good to go. 100th post :bigleaf:!

YeeeBuddy,
Reactions: Tom Funk
Couple of questions for EO owners.

How do you load your EO ? Do you use a dabber ? What about when your out and about ?

Has anyone got a video of the EO cart being loaded with concentrates ?

Sorry for my dumbass questions, I've never used concentrates before.

Thanks.

saltway_sweeper,

jivebuggered

Just thought i would post my experiences at Airport security scanning recently. I usually protect my Cera in a Foam insulation for hot water pipes. Going to my destination this time i had my Solo in my "man bag" and the Cera in my big luggage bag. As it went through the scanner they retrieved it with puzzled faces and then put it through again before deciding to investigate "the black solid metal object" they see. By this time there was a bit of a back log as this security guy decides to push the "dildo looking object" out of the rubber and in front of the crowd of onlookers. THANKS A LOT BUDDY i reply, now with a shade of red. He tells me to next time put it in the tray with the keys, mobiles etc so i wont have a hassle. It wasn`t that it was a medical vaporizer, but rather a black metallic looking object. So now i put it in the tray as requested for my return journey. Once again it gets the eye of now a woman and a man security. This time i am just about yelling "NOT to eject it" from the foam in front of everyone and that it was ONLY a medical vaporizer. The woman peeps into the foam with a shocked face so they then decide to usher me to a private room to investigate. By this time my wife who had gone ahead of me sees me whisked away by two security and was expecting never to see me again. Once investigated i was sent on my way. SO BE WARNED NEVER TAKE IT THROUGH AIRPORT SECURITY!! (at least in Australia) Im sticking with the Solo which i have NEVER been hassled with whatsoever.

Tweek

I had an issue where my unit suddenly stopped making a connection. I discovered that somehow the battery spring got compressed...might be something for folks to take a look at if they haven't already. I simply stretched it out gently and all is well now.

Tweek,

Tweek

Just a reminder to the folks with modded latching switches...remember to turn them off! I'm usually really careful about this sort of thing, but I just burnt up a bunch of perfectly good oil because I got distracted. :doh:

hektik8625

Just a reminder to the folks with modded latching switches...remember to turn them off! I'm usually really careful about this sort of thing, but I just burnt up a bunch of perfectly good oil because I got distracted. :doh:
So TET had a good reason to pull the latching switch then huh? Good thing nothin else was compromised....

hektik8625

Back in the days when CERA was announced, Tim was using this ceramic tip Type tool to load the CERA with oils etc.... Is This tool still included if any even existed..?. =) Never really seen anything like it....

hektik8625,

Tweek

Back in the days when CERA was announced, Tim was using this ceramic tip Type tool to load the CERA with oils etc.... Is This tool still included if any even existed..?. =) Never really seen anything like it....

It was a PTFE tipped loader. They sold them back when they had the T1. Not sure if they plan on continuing production, but they were on the site a little while back.

Top Bottom