Thermovape Cera Repairs?

dmojo23

I have a Cera I bought five years ago and I’d like to use it but it doesn’t seem to be firing. I’d had it in storage following a move and just hadn’t bothered to dig it out until recently. And now I learn they’re out of business. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Vaporware

I don’t have one but since it uses batteries, as long as it was working when it went into storage, my guess is the batteries went bad.

Vaporware,

dmojo23

I don’t have one but since it uses batteries, as long as it was working when it went into storage, my guess is the batteries went bad.

That’s a good thought. I did put my battery in the charger and it appeared to be charged and not defective (the tenergy charger is supposed to identify bad batteries) but it’s possible. I have some extra batteries I can also test with but not til I get back from Christmas with my folks.

dmojo23,

Vaporware

You might also check the battery contacts in the Cera to make sure they’re clean and not oxidized or otherwise messed up. It’s just unusual in my experience for a working piece of electronic equipment to suddenly fail after being stored in decent conditions unless it’s battery related.

If you had problems with it before though, or if it was stored in extreme high or low temps or very high humidity, that would open things up a bit. If any of those are true or the batteries and contacts are verified to be good, you’ll probably need an expert to look at it.

Good luck, I hope you can get it working!

Vaporware,

dmojo23

You might also check the battery contacts in the Cera to make sure they’re clean and not oxidized or otherwise messed up. It’s just unusual in my experience for a working piece of electronic equipment to suddenly fail after being stored in decent conditions unless it’s battery related.

If you had problems with it before though, or if it was stored in extreme high or low temps or very high humidity, that would open things up a bit. If any of those are true or the batteries and contacts are verified to be good, you’ll probably need an expert to look at it.

Good luck, I hope you can get it working!
Thanks! I will certainly keep trying. There’s no visible sign of corrosion or damage to anything obvious. And the storage wasn’t climate controlled so the conditions may have affected its operation. But I’d love to know enough about it’s workings that I could test some of the components and try to fix it on my own.

Vaporware

I wish I could help more, but I barely know anything about it.

Anyone else have some info?

If not, I’d start reading the old thread about it and see if it provides any insights.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/thermovape.4770/

...or if their website or anything else about it on a forum/reddit/etc. is still up you might find some info there.

Vaporware,

dmojo23

I wish I could help more, but I barely know anything about it.

Anyone else have some info?

If not, I’d start reading the old thread about it and see if it provides any insights.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/thermovape.4770/

...or if their website or anything else about it on a forum/reddit/etc. is still up you might find some info there.
I feel goofy for wanting an easy solution but I’m happy to do a deep dive and see if I can figure any of this out on my own. Thanks again for the ideas. I’ll dig into the thread and see if anything seems helpful. Cheers!

Top Bottom