Thermal Twist Ball-less Injector Vape

dudeguy

So how does it compare to a ball vape? The pricing and safety advantages makes me consider getting one. Also I like that they plan to offer a diffuser bowl soon for added conduction.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
So how does it compare to a ball vape? The pricing and safety advantages makes me consider getting one. Also I like that they plan to offer a diffuser bowl soon for added conduction.
What are the safety advantages?
Also the price is the same or higher than many ball vapes.

Grass Yes,
Reactions: lluther

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Mainly no glowing hot balls that could fall out of the device if something is dropped. The price advantage is slim though only the Zeal is cheaper afaik?
I've never had hot balls fall out of any vape lol. And they don't glow, sadly. 😄 I can't imagine the accident it would take to cut open the stainless Zeal for example.

The cheapest I've seen the thermal twist is $180 for the complete kit. As you said there are some ball vape kits for less, but there are several that are around the same price. I originally started to list them out here, but I realized that probably crosses over into comparisons.

I've seen a lot of videos of this device, but I have not used one myself. I think it is a totally reasonable vape. I would not expect it to perform like a ball vape but it can be its own thing. There are a couple of devices in this category.

Be sure to post here when you get it! Love to hear your thoughts and see some rip videos!

I received mine today after some slow work from royal mail and the local postal service. First impression of the kit is positive. Had a couple of small bowls tonight to try it out, the taste was great and got me well medicated:lol:

I'll test it out more over the weekend and maybe even try to take some videos/photos.

Last edited:

dudeguy

Looking forward to your report :D.
At this point I am really not sure what vape to get... this one, one of the countless ball vapes or the Tempest :ko:. Looking mainly for an affordable heavy hitter to use at home (bonus points if it has a little conduction).

Had a little lunch bowl. ~0.12g @ 360c. Finished the bowl in two hits with a little stir in between. First hit was so goddamn tasty, second got that roasty taste and the bowl was done, abv came out at a nice golden to brown. Just as I like it.:clap:

Here is a couple of videos if I can get them to work.

Thermal Twist 1/2

Thermal Twist 2/2

AVB from a couple of bowls.

Have a great friday!

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Just tried my first ball vape, the Ruby Twist…..damn! I see now why people are so crazy about them. I got it in the Recommended Vape Supplies 420 sale.

think you're accidentally in the wrong thread by the way? There is no thread yet for the one you posted (so you could create one in the upcoming section where it can then be moved into released by mods), because this thread is for an injector from vgoodiez that actually does not use balls... Similar name!

Shit Snacks,

VGOODIEZ

Home of the Heavies
Retailer
think you're accidentally in the wrong thread by the way? There is no thread yet for the one you posted (so you could create one in the upcoming section where it can then be moved into released by mods), because this thread is for an injector from vgoodiez that actually does not use balls...
There is a new variant. The Hybrid, which is made of Titanium also has gem cut ruby's in the head. So now it's the original Stainless and Titanium solid cores in addition to the new Hybrid.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
There is a new variant. The Hybrid, which is made of Titanium also has gem cut ruby's in the head. So now it's the original Stainless and Titanium solid cores in addition to the new Hybrid.

Oh! Thank you, that's awesome, and it's not exclusive to you I guess either globally

Shit Snacks,

Brownie420

think you're accidentally in the wrong thread by the way? There is no thread yet for the one you posted (so you could create one in the upcoming section where it can then be moved into released by mods), because this thread is for an injector from vgoodiez that actually does not use balls... Similar name!
Vgoodiez does have an injector that uses rubies. They have one Stainless steel and one titanium Thermal twist without balls or rubies. Now they also offer a Hybrid Titanium Thermal twist with Rubies. I’m waiting for that to come. It was supposed to deliver today. This one is ball less since it doesn’t use balls.

Thermal

Vgoodiez does have an injector that uses rubies. They have one Stainless steel and one titanium Thermal twist without balls or rubies. Now they also offer a Hybrid Titanium Thermal twist with Rubies. I’m waiting for that to come. It was supposed to deliver today. This one is ball less since it doesn’t use balls.

I just got the Thermal Twist with rubies, it goes by the Ruby Twist name in the UK.

dudeguy

The Termal Twist with rubies looks really interesting. There is also a new glass diffuser bowl getting released in May which should add some conduction into the mix 😁

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
The Termal Twist with rubies looks really interesting. There is also a new glass diffuser bowl getting released in May which should add some conduction into the mix 😁
How would a glass bowl add conduction?

Grass Yes,

dudeguy

How would a glass bowl add conduction?

Good question but that seems to be the intent with the diffusion bowl or as written on the page: "(we will also make a diffuser bowl as there's plenty of heat for conduction!)" 🤔

dudeguy,

DeadRabb1t

Company Rep
How would a glass bowl add conduction
If its like how I use the twist, it goes into the injector part and therefore is surrounded by the metal which acts as a sheath and therefore starts adding conduction that way, while I don't tend to heat soak the glass I use to keep it more convection biased you certainly can let it soak and get a good amount of heat into it before drawing should you want to.
I'm using a flip brick wpa with a mesh basket of some form shoved in it for one hit extractions of loads about 0.1 ISH
This works with both the stock twist and the ruby variants and allows me to run about 100f lower on the pid than if I was using it injector style. Hopefully a demonstration video 🤞🤞 510f

Last edited:
DeadRabb1t,
Reactions: dudeguy

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Good question but that seems to be the intent with the diffusion bowl or as written on the page: "(we will also make a diffuser bowl as there's plenty of heat for conduction!)" 🤔

If its like how I use the twist, it goes into the injector part and therefore is surrounded by the metal which acts as a sheath and therefore starts adding conduction that way,
But how would glass, an insulator, add any conduction? It makes no sense.

Heat soaking, diffuser or injector, doesn't add enough conduction to overcome convection currents on a metal bowl. So how could glass do that? I would definitely not trust any vendor making that claim.

Lately I've seen people refer to radiant heat from a diffuser head as conduction, when pre-cooking their cannabis, but that's entirely different. In that case, a glass bowl would Work great as an insulator. The radiant heat would easy cook off a lot of the cannabinoids and water vapor so you would get less as a result when you started your inhale.

Grass Yes,

DeadRabb1t

Company Rep

Heat soaking, diffuser or injector, doesn't add enough conduction to overcome convection currents on a metal bowl. So how could glass do that? I would definitely not trust any vendor making that claim.

Lately I've seen people refer to radiant heat from a diffuser head as conduction, when pre-cooking their cannabis, but that's entirely different. In that case, a glass bowl would Work great as an insulator. The radiant heat would easy cook off a lot of the cannabinoids and water vapor so you would get less as a result when you started your inhale.
I shall get the thermocouple out later and make another video

Glass might be an insulator but it still gets hot that heat conducts to the herb inside, we can see this from vaponic's onwards otherwise vape such as them or any of Rogues line up wouldn't work.

While the heat itself isn't enough to extract the herb on its own, it means when you draw the bowl isn't robbing heat from the airstream and you get extractions like in my video. Therefore it adds conduction into the mix.

I will point out now that Matt at RVS is my friend so you making statements about not trusting any vendors that make comments like that I feel is a bit out of order when I believe that he's right in that it has plenty of heat and by allowing the bowl to conduct that does change the extraction experience

And yes I know your staff and I can't be negative because of my tag

But I do feel that you are wrong in this case 👍

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.

Glass might be an insulator but it still gets hot that heat conducts to the herb inside, we can see this from vaponic's onwards otherwise vape such as them or any of Rogues line up wouldn't work.

Glass is a bad a conductor of heat but once you get the glass hot, it definitely does transfer heat, that's the whole concept with those hash pipes that you heat the glass poker and then stick it into the hash to cook the hash - it's getting the glass hot enough that's the challenge as it takes a lot of calories to get the glass hot.

Top Bottom