Thermal Twist Ball-less Injector Vape

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Glass is a bad a conductor of heat but once you get the glass hot, it definitely does transfer heat, that's the whole concept with those hash pipes that you heat the glass poker and then stick it into the hash to cook the hash - it's getting the glass hot enough that's the challenge as it takes a lot of calories to get the glass hot.
But wouldn't metal, a good conductor, work better?

Grass Yes,

MSMPT69

I’m playing around with the Thermal Twist with rubies. Ruby Twist, I guess. But i’m not seeing any twist at all. Anyone have it and can compare?

It hits like a truck though. And got it for 160£
Yes, I would agree. Got my Ruby Twist head a week ago. Get a very gentle twist, and I mean gentle but it's hard to notice. No complaints from me though! Lower temps get lovely terpy hits and when you then crank it up a bit you get lovely clouds and like you say....hits like a truck! A little stir compensates for lack of twist action.

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
But wouldn't metal, a good conductor, work better?
I agree that glass isn't the best choice, in fact as someone who adds some level of conduction to everything I don't have any glass bowls accept for one, a Taroma 360 glass bowl. When I use** (used I haven't in a while) my 360 with the glass bowl, I used to heat soak the herbs in the glass bowl as the thing took ages to heat up and didn't really add the conduction I wanted unless it was heated for like a minute. I got the T360 titanium bowl and you just put the diffuser on and start to draw as by the time you take your second breath the bowl has heated up and started to conduct to the herbs.

So metal is definitely the choice for conduction over glass but if you put the time/calories in, you can use glass, I just personally don't think the effort and the loss (heat soaking and loosing terps) is worth it when using glass as it takes so long to get meaningful conduction. I wouldn't recommend it... or even advertise it as a "feature"... unless there is an expectation, like with the T360 that you "heat soak" the herbs in the bowl to also heat the bowl to add conduction.

Most people using a Freight Train or Thermal Twist will have finished the bowl before the glass heats up enough to to really add any value from a conduction perspective - I never could get through a bowl without having to stir the thing on the Freight train using a glass bowl.

VapingYogi,
Reactions: Brownie420
Top Bottom