Thermal Accumulator by phattpiggie

Electrofever

I got my finger on the trigger for my first TA :brow:. Even if I think there will be enough for everybody :lol:. I am hesitating between the 2 adjustable airflow ones. The third one which could take a VI like the tempest is excluded for me because it's not sure this will happen. The candidates are the knurled heater wich is based on the OG and is China made ( but he machined the holes himself) and holds 55 balls Phatpiggie told me, and the the UK made not knurled which holds 70 balls and is thinner for the top part as I can see. What do you guys think ? I think I like the OG style the best but the other one is fine too, holds more balls and is entirely uk made (just a little bit more expensive but about the same)
I think they'll be similar but I wonder if it would be more convenient in use to heat faster and have a bit less heat retention or the opposite:hmm:
The heatsink/decaper looks neat too but as there is no more wooden part attached to the bowl to hold it I wonder if it will spin on the stem when turning to decapit while hot.
I have an OG, and I must admit I was wondering aswell what cap to choose. Up to now, I think the adjustable airflow is a good add on, so I might go for that option. I was wondering if the top part will take the direct heating of the flame. But I am still opened to discussion ;)

Sativapo

I was wondering if the top part will take the direct heating of the flame. But I am still opened to discussion ;)
I guess phattpiggie has intensively tested this ? Especially aknowledging his history and vids he posted hitting it... but if we think very long term indestructible for ever mode maybe you got a point ?:hmm: but adjustable airflow is a yes yes for me. Especially with an adjustable bowl. Also is the mechanism also titanium ( 💪) ? And also no reason to heat right on it but a bit under the top ? Or IH

Last edited:

Electrofever

but if we think very long term indestructible for ever mode maybe you got a point
Ahah, I wasn’t thinking that far, but more about heat maybe having an effect on the parts that move, like the disc which turns to adjust the airflow. I am pretty confident that with its durability, the TA will outlast me ;)

I do happen to heat directly the top of the cap, heating with an angle so half of the flame heats the top and half of the flames heats the wall beneath the top. I find it has the most convection that way, even though it might just be in my head :hmm:

Last edited:
Electrofever,

Sativapo

Of course the farther from the bowl you heat the less condution you have by heating the air intake where the balls are and less the bowl.

Last edited:

Electrofever

Yes, I started using my TA by heating really close to the bowl, an old DV habit. But since I heat more up near the top of the cap, the experience is much more enjoyable, even for hash, which usually likes some conduction.

Electrofever,

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
Its awesome seeing the photos on Phat's Instagram of the TA parts that he is currently working on - the bowls look interesting and the Mag-sink looks cool, I have wanted something to quickly cool down devices... I just hope I have the funds available when they are available :)

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
Here we go then.
Available from Monday March 11th at ThermalAccumulatorSales@mail.com, here, IG and everyones favourite online retailer @VGOODIEZ.
My IG account is public and where I tend to post everything that's going on because it's easier than sharing stuff to 3rd party video and image sites and then to here.

This has taken way too long coming together.
I'll not go into detail but suffice to say I am sourcing a new CNC shop to do the stuff I have in the pipeline.
Apologies to everyone and thank you for your patience.

TAv2 with heater options.
In order of appearance.

Ti bowl with Variabowl depth settings. 8mm compatible spigot.

Knurled 7 hole.
~55 off 3mm ball Heater Matrix, HM.
Non magnetic.
7 off 2mm intake holes.
Available £65.

Knurled AdjustaFlo.
~55 off 3mm ball HM.
Magnetic.
4 off 2mm diameter intake holes.
Available £70.

Both modified OG cases.
Balls loaded from the bowl end as per the OG.

Smooth AdjustaFlo.
~70 off 3mm ball HM.
Magnetic.
Bowl end loading with extra groove for screen location.
2 off 2mm intake slots.
Available £75.

Smooth Easiload AdjustaFlo.
~70 off 3mm ball HM.
Magnetic.
Top load. Ledge and groove for screen location.
2 off 2mm intake slots.
Not available just yet. £80.

Both UK manufactured.

All TA come with bowls and a random colour Murphy Silicone Decapper and a Cherry wood screen set dowel.
AdjustaFlo's come with a small screwdriver so you can set the intake restriction.

The Knurled 7 Hole and Smooth AdjustaFlo versions all have approximately the same intake flow when the adjuster disc is fully open. The Knurled AdjustaFlo have slightly less.
Both Smooth models are UK manufactured.
The AdjustaFlo discs are 430 SS and magnetic. Screws are 304SS.
All titanium parts are grade 2. All screens are 316SS

Cleaning the lines up, deepening the bowl and ditching the OG wooden heat buffer has meant these are not compatible with some metal stems due to heat transfer.

I have some really basic heat buffer bobbins for the Revolve 2 stems. Not pretty but cheap and cheerful.

Different design means different torch heating technique. The heaters are still very forgiving.

Instead of heating the top 3rd I'm heating the top half of the heater.

The Wand still works but also differently. I have 1-2mm of the heater sticking out beyond the glass. No wooden rings this time, sorry.
There should be a desktop IH coming in the future as and when time allows.

MagSink decappers will be available in limited numbers. These are a repurposed and modified 3d printer parts.
There is a hint in the video of their evolution and the drawings have been done ready for the new machine shop.

Being aluminium they suck heat out of the TA very nicely, 5 minutes and it's nearly all gone.

Variabowl is pretty self explanatory, you can vary the bowl depth. Ti screen setting ring.
The Ti ring is not necessary if using the full bowl and there is a screen groove in the bottom of the bowl.

kimura

I’m thinking about picking up a wand to use with the TA, mostly since I’ll be sharing with friends and want it to be easier for them to get the best results. I notice many of you wand users have a wooden insert to make the TA fit in more nicely. Is that something I can buy? Does it come with the TA? Thanks

General Disaster

A Country Member
I’m thinking about picking up a wand to use with the TA, mostly since I’ll be sharing with friends and want it to be easier for them to get the best results. I notice many of you wand users have a wooden insert to make the TA fit in more nicely. Is that something I can buy? Does it come with the TA? Thanks
I understand that there wouldn't be wooden inserts with these, but there's a vid showing the Wand being used with a TA in PP's post on this page.

General Disaster,
Top Bottom