Thermal Accumulator by phattpiggie

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
Missed the first release of the TA and patiently waiting like many others for the up coming V2 release this summer. @phattpiggie doesn't do anything half ass and he will definitely not rush this little marvel to market till he's satisfied that we will be satisfied.
Release date.
The new TA are being made by a small, very busy family run local business. This has led to delays as they have a minimum 6 month lead time. There is a lot of work ahead of me as I've custom tools and decappers to make so please be patient.
Very confident that supplies will be ample to meet demand when the the TA V2 is released.
I'm hoping to have them this month with a release in July.
US and Canadian purchases will be handled by Vgoodiez while I look after the UK/EU and everyone else.
Do wish you would reconsider a separate dealer for the TA in Canada. Those of us that live in the hinterlands have to rely on the US Postal Service due to lack of courier services and experience very lengthily delivery times. Love Vgoodies and they always ship ASAP, but my orders from them and other US products regularly take over a month to be delivered. 🙁

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@Zasquatch I'm afraid there will be no July release as you've probably guessed by now.
Delays are frustrating but that's the way it goes sometimes and the reason I never make plans.

The only good thing about the wait is it's given me a bit of time to think about the next release.
I should be in a position where I'll be able to offer a couple of different heater options. The OG and a variant as well as maybe two different UK versions.
All will have have the new bowl design which has an adjustable depth feature.

Playing with magnet heatsink ideas using parts I have to hand. There is also a purpose made heatsink in the works. New decapper 'The Murphy' is also in hand, named after the person who shared the idea.

20230729-084554.jpg

Parts going through one of the many steps to completion.
IMG-20230727-155610.jpg

And....
The time has allowed me to get another vape out for testing. No info on that one until release.

Last edited:

Zasquatch

Z-stems
@Zasquatch I'm afraid there will be no July release as you've probably guessed by now.
Delays are frustrating but that's the way it goes sometimes and the reason I never make plans.

The only good thing about the wait is it's given me a bit of time to think about the next release.
I should be in a position where I'll be able to offer a couple of different heater options. The OG and a variant as well as maybe two different UK versions.
All will have have the new bowl design which has an adjustable depth feature.

Playing with magnet heatsink ideas using parts I have to hand. There is also a purpose made heatsink in the works. New decapper 'The Murphy' is also in hand, named after the person who shared the idea.

20230729-084554.jpg

Parts going through one of the many steps to completion.
IMG-20230727-155610.jpg

And....
The time has allowed me to get another vape out for testing. No info on that one until release.
Ooof, that bog oak stem in the background…..:rockon:

P3tz

Something loosely related to this lovely device: Is there any DIY thread (I could not find) about a device like this? I've build something almost exactly like this (or the Stunner) and would like to exchange experiance.

P3tz,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Something loosely related to this lovely device: Is there any DIY thread (I could not find) about a device like this? I've build something almost exactly like this (or the Stunner) and would like to exchange experiance.
I'd say start a thread. I've fooled around with the Amazon pill bottle thing from Reddit. I think it is probably nothing like the TA, but I have no direct experience.

Clapped_r6

Will there be a temp indicator modular option for the TA in the future as I think it was mentionned a few pages back ?
I also want to know this. I seem to have a really hard time between light vapor and combustion. I gravitate towards a product that has indication.
If not I may have some things for sale soon!

Sativapo

I also want to know this. I seem to have a really hard time between light vapor and combustion. I gravitate towards a product that has indication.
If not I may have some things for sale soon!
I think I have enough experience in vaping to use it fine without it but it would be some extra comfort and result precision. I prefer the TA form factor aesthetics and screen size to pair with my blackwood Aezhenn pipe-stem.

phattpiggie

Accessory Maker
@Sativapo I have spoken with @Brenyo about the indicators and it may be possible but we have no idea when it would happen.
The far right heater in the group picture has been designed with this in mind.

@Clapped_r6 you can adjust the new bowl depth which should help on the combustion side of things as you can move the screen further away from the heater matrix. There are no grooves for the screen to seat in so the range of adjustability is big enough for individual 'sweet spots' to be found.
I've been running mine with the Variabowl, Adjustabowl (call it what you like) set up and it's working great. Easy to set/remove and the screen has not come loose at all.
The Wand helps as well.
I'm going to try out a new coil design on my homemade IH which may take it from 30-40 second heat up to 15-20. It's an idea already used in the industrial IH world.

Some people have asked what the heaters will be filled with and after reading around I'm sticking with boro glass. If users want to swap them out then that's on them.
Do a little research and make your own minds up.
The same goes for carbon fibre. I will not offer CF stems.

Feel free to contact me if you want any kind of explanation for my decisions.

You can put a TA bowl in as big a bore tube as you like but it'll still be throttled by the bore of the spigot. For this reason I will offer a high flow 14/18mm version. The Walnut TA pictured is built like this.

Be warned the new bowls transfer heat so I'm working on wooden sleeves for 3rd party metal stems.

I will be forever grateful for the support shown during the first release and anyone who jumped on board will be looked after. Contact myself or @VGOODIEZ before making a purchase.

Franco

is (most likely) vaping
You can put a TA bowl in as big a bore tube as you like but it'll still be throttled by the bore of the spigot. For this reason I will offer a high flow 14/18mm version. The Walnut TA pictured is built like this.
This is SO interesting! I was already looking forward to this release, but this takes the game to a whole new level.

Did I say I can't wait? :drool:

leanpubpackage

Love this. But why create a line separate from the tempest, especially given your production barriers? The tempest head looks so refined. Will there be a cost difference?

Top Bottom