Thermal Accumulator by phattpiggie

sedentree

Isn't it a different ID? The TA is 8mm, whereas BFG stems are 9mm. You probably could get it to fit but would need a bit of work changing Orings.
Dang didn’t think about that 😅 I think maybe the Stunner maker has a 9mm to 8mm adapter so that might work as well? 🤔

sedentree,

btka

Received my TA3 yesterday.. still experimenting…
I did used it a only with my wand, I use it at 800f and after it stops blinking I turn the wand on again and let it blink 20 to 30 times and get great results…. BTW I have the TA on my bubbler and put the wand with the screen down on my TA, so to say the wand rests on the TA3 (hope this makes sense)Very tasty vapor compared to the anvil (which I also like a lot).. I think the TA3 has more convection… also the convection high is different…
I am interested how others use it with the wand

coolbreeze

stem from Dovetail Woodworks
This is what I'm using, an SS-lined blackwood DV WPA stem from Dovetail. I've also used a simple glass WPA from Ed's Tnt but it doesn't look like he's carrying them any more. His wooden ones are also fantastic (though unlined).

If you go with glass, look for something thick and heavy (or cheap) with maria rings to give you a cool finger hold. The Vong body will work but it will also get very hot.

Zagala

Thanks. I ordered the custom stem for my upcoming Tempest but thought I could try it with the TA. And it worked very well and much heat resistant than the revolve with the heat buffer bobbin. I will try with my Mad Heaters Revolve wooden sleeves for now until I get my Tempest wooden sleeves I pre-ordered with Soothing Vapours in Canada. Lots of experimenting to start now, playing with all the sleeve and WPA options I currently own, I have used a Blazer Firefox torch till red but I could have combusted that way, so more testing needed for torch use. At 450F-475F till time over with the wand has been comfortable with clouds and taste. At 575F it was quite a hit for a low temp guy! So much more to discover

coolbreeze

Thanks. I ordered the custom stem for my upcoming Tempest but thought I could try it with the TA. And it worked very well and much heat resistant than the revolve with the heat buffer bobbin. I will try with my Mad Heaters Revolve wooden sleeves for now until I get my Tempest wooden sleeves I pre-ordered with Soothing Vapours in Canada. Lots of experimenting to start now, playing with all the sleeve and WPA options I currently own, I have used a Blazer Firefox torch till red but I could have combusted that way, so more testing needed for torch use. At 450F-475F till time over with the wand has been comfortable with clouds and taste. At 575F it was quite a hit for a low temp guy! So much more to discover
Yeah, the thick part near the neck looks really handy for spinning and for heat protection. And the overall aesthetics are really nice. I love it.

I feel your torching pains, I'm trying to get used to my Thermal Accumulators. The TA3 I've had really great results with, I just pour heat into it and rip away, but the TA1 is a little more finicky. I've combusted that one a couple times but I feel like I'm getting it under control. It takes much less heat but still holds it really well and the draw is super-open. I use that one on a WPA/waterpipe and the TA3 dry direct.

I've been intrigued from the first pp video but I'm surprised at how much I'm enjoying these and how they've fallen right into my rotation. TA3 arrived and immediately went into daily duty due to the ease and familiarity and incredible performance and effects. I like it enough and recognized the bonging possibilities so I grabbed the TA1 (and the price, frankly, allows for this happy experimentation). I've had pretty good results with a large Eagle torch, better with the Inductor, and great with both the Firefox and Big buddy. The Inductor and Firefox are my go-tos.

Anyhow, glad you're enjoying it. I am too! I know we're not alone!

I have used the TA3 a handful of times using a triple torch heating the top half of the heater slowly spinning. I am struggling a little to get consistent results if I am honest. I heat till the tip just starts to glow and often the top of the bowl is a little caught for me with slight burnt taste. The middle of the bowl is light brown. I step off the heat next bowl and often struggle to get much vapor and an even roast. Guess I need a bit more practice so any pointers appreciated.

Last edited:

coolbreeze

I usually start off torching about 1/2 to 1/3 of the way down spinning very slowly until I see the flames turn orange and then i move up closer to the top, again spinning very slowly until most of the top is glowing (TA3). Then I give it a few seconds to regulate down to not glowing, and then light mouth pulls to test where it's at. If it's producing vapor and the flavor says go, that's when I know I can take bigger pulls. If the flavor/heat says woah! I wait a handful of seconds and test again. Reheats are usually quick and just back to the first signs of glowing.

With the TA1 I stop heating at the first signs of a solid glow.

Sativapo

For me it's max temp on the wand just not protruding for the first heat, slightly protruding or about flush with the outer ring to finish it.

But also very good results with a kitchen torch on the upper half until it has glown consistently kind of all around.

Like it has being said when you feel you heat it too much ( or see a bit of suspect pre-smoke vapor through the airflow ) you let it set a bit and try a first cautious hit. In a few dozens bowls I don't have combusted. It's very forgiving if you get a minimum feel of it. I charred a tiny bit when pushing it but avoided combustion doing like said above and finished the bowl pleasantly.

Imo it's not realy suited for a smallish lighter with this glow method. It seems harder to use the glow indicator consistently.

Maybe I'm lucky having a powerfull batch wand but I'm getting the best and more consistent results with it. The timer is really handy while watching a film and more discrete low profile around people.

Its quite faster and also very good while different with the big torch though.

Last edited:

simba

@weedanwine
I have used the TA3 a handful of times using a triple torch heating the top half of the heater slowly spinning. I am struggling a little to get consistent results if I am honest. I heat till the tip just starts to glow and often the top of the bowl is a little caught for me with slight burnt taste. The middle of the bowl is light brown. I step off the heat next bowl and often struggle to get much vapor and an even roast. Guess I need a bit more practice so any pointers appreciated.

I can give my experience from an original TA owner. I actually ended up putting mine down for a while because I was trying to use a triple torch and not getting good results. I'm not sure why I tried to switch from my big torch because that was consistently giving me good results. Anyways I would try that, get a much bigger single flame and torch until it glows.

Alligator427

WPA availabe in EU. I don't know if it is nice stuff or not. What's the best wood for heat here : erable or ebony ?

Top Bottom