THE WAR ON CHRONIC PAIN PATIENTS

shredder

This is a growing catastrophe, funded by our tax dollars!

LINK

Politicians deciding on our medical needs is never a good idea. I'm kind of a DIY guy and I think if it were me I'd start growing poppies, mushrooms, or whatever works to ease my pain. In the same way I grow mj to help with my medical conditions. I mentioned to a friend that if our state banned mj again, I'd move.

Vaporware

I agree we shouldn’t take away or severely restrict drugs that help a lot of people, but this article is very misguided too. We don’t need to intensify the “war on drugs”, arrest endless streams of users and street dealers, and pretend we’re fixing the problem.

We’ve been ruining millions of lives (or ensuring that people in bad shape never get out of the holes they’re in) for many decades with no end in sight.

Countries who have tried decriminalizing drugs and offered treatment for addicts instead have had better results than those of us who continue to treat the entire thing as a criminal enterprise.

We tried treating alcohol the way we treat some other drugs today, and it didn’t last long because it just doesn’t work. It’s about time we learn something from history and do *better* instead of just repeating its mistakes and failures.

MegaMan2k

Politicians deciding on our medical needs is never a good idea. I'm kind of a DIY guy and I think if it were me I'd start growing poppies, mushrooms, or whatever works to ease my pain. In the same way I grow mj to help with my medical conditions. I mentioned to a friend that if our state banned mj again, I'd move.

Thats awsome man, i come from the same mindset as you- grow some poppies!
I hope all these crazy situations all over the world will trigger more people to become their own problem solvers instead of relying on corporations / politicians,

Likes2vape

They want me to do pain management which means they piss test you in order to get prescription drugs and you have to piss test dirty for the drugs they give and clean for everything else. Total fucking bullshit. The government goons are idiots and believe the crap they are feed. There’s an opioid epidemic because we are in the Middle East where poppy production rules. The government created the crack/coke epidemic of the 80’s/90’s and now they have created the opioid epidemic.

little maggie

This has been going on for several years. I used to work at a Kaiser and about 5 years ago they started people who had been using a stable dose of opoids for years going off them and replacing them with pain management techniques. So people who had been functioning well in the world became incapacitated. And even though cannabis is legal in all these states if they find people using it they send them to addiction management.

little maggie,
Reactions: Squiby

howie105

They want me to do pain management which means they piss test you in order to get prescription drugs and you have to piss test dirty for the drugs they give and clean for everything else. Total fucking bullshit. The government goons are idiots and believe the crap they are feed. There’s an opioid epidemic because we are in the Middle East where poppy production rules. The government created the crack/coke epidemic of the 80’s/90’s and now they have created the opioid epidemic.

I am in a similar situation and it makes my head spin how some folks want to put the same old bad actors in charge of medical and recreational pot.

Last edited:
Top Bottom