The Toad from Morwood

Stueylakes

@daddy
ahhhh....
we finally see it... the famous toad that has made more than one drool!!!
it's so beautiful... and the details are crazy!!!
lucky man !! enjoy it 🐸💨
It's mega, isn't it! I remember when I threw my name in the hat and was like right now the film.....i think choosing the right movie would be harder than choosing the Nomad wood combos!

cx714

Unregulated Tendencies
I’d be afraid to use it! Definitely art over functionality even tho the functionality is outstanding.
Wait till it’s in your hands and you realize how essentially indestructible it is.

It’s part of what makes the Nomad/Toad so special: the simplicity carries through from aesthetic to build to use. All that and it’s a great vape to boot. 👍

attackpoints

Thanks for the tip above!
Wow, I'm so happy to see this one out!! It looks amazing

I’d be afraid to use it! Definitely art over functionality even tho the functionality is outstanding. Like buying a bottle of 80 yr old whisky you only sip on special occasions.
A little toad and some Laphroaig?
:lol: I used to think the same, but it's one of my most used vapes. The surface is surprisingly durable, definitely can be a daily driver if you enjoy microdosing. But I know what you mean, the art is beautiful.

Wait till it’s in your hands and you realize how essentially indestructible it is.

It’s part of what makes the Nomad/Toad so special: the simplicity carries through from aesthetic to build to use. All that and it’s a great vape to boot. 👍
Yes, agreed. I've been using #56 pretty carefully, but it does so well just being tossed in a bag (with its case). Definitely not one of the more fragile vapes. The texture and quality of the wrap are excellent.

Congrats new owners! Love seeing Toads in their new homes

fangorn

hey...

since we're talking about the Toad's toughness...I completely agree with what was said...he's indestructible. The washi coating is very durable and has a self-healing power with scratches!!

After a year of daily use, some minor scratches have appeared on the wood. Nothing too bad!

And I'll take this opportunity to post some photos. I've been looking for a system to protect my stems on the go for a long time... well, I bought plastic tubes in the right size and caps that fit. I will recut with a better tool but I am very happy!!

Dan Morrison

Manufacturer
Here are the Batch 9 Toads!

Stats for this batch - Top 5 Most Popular:

No. 119 - Cherry tree branches

No. 130 – Faded dunes

No. 124 - 2-Tone blue and grey

No. 123 – Abstract greens

No. 128 – Bamboo mist

There were 12 available Toads to choose from for this batch and everyone was asked for their top 7 picks. Of the 11 people participating, 6 people got their first choice, 1 person got their second choice, 2 people got their third choice, and 2 people decided to wait until the next batch.

I'll be offering out 4 Toads for sale via Toad lottery: 120 (Graphic Tree), 125 (Weathered Kanji), 127 (Moss), 128 (Bamboo Mist). Those who are on the waitlist can watch out for that email today!

------

118 - Retro Japanese storefront (Japanese text reads "coin laundry") - Lichen button

DSCF1131.jpg

DSCF1132.jpg

119 - Cherry tree branches - Lichen button

DSCF1133.jpg

DSCF1134.jpg

120 - Graphic tree - Lichen button

DSCF1135.jpg

DSCF1136.jpg

121 - Misty harbor - Labradorite button

DSCF1137.jpg

DSCF1138.jpg

122 - Retro palms - Lichen button

DSCF1139.jpg

DSCF1140.jpg

123 - Abstract greens - Lichen button

DSCF1141.jpg

DSCF1142.jpg

124 - 2-Tone Blue and Grey - Lichen button

DSCF1143.jpg

DSCF1144.jpg

Dan Morrison

Manufacturer
Part 2:

125 - Weathered Kanji (Japanese text reads "Toad") - Lichen button

DSCF1145.jpg

DSCF1146.jpg

126 - Suminagashi - Abalone button

DSCF1147.jpg

DSCF1148.jpg

127 - Moss - Lichen button

DSCF1149.jpg

DSCF1150.jpg

128 - Bamboo in the Mist - Lichen button

DSCF1151.jpg

DSCF1152.jpg

129 - 2-Tone Red + Cream - Lichen button

DSCF1153.jpg

DSCF1154.jpg

130 - Faded Dunes - Ancient bog oak button

DSCF1155.jpg

DSCF1156.jpg

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
So interesting that the bamboo mist was in the top five yet also ultimately not picked and is going to lottery! Surprised weathered kanji was not picked actually, and that retro Japanese storefront is pretty fucking awesome though I gotta say... :bowdown:

fangorn

wow... I never thought I'd say that but I'm less sensitive to this batch of Toads...

Even if I buy the 120 and 125 whenever you want 😁

fangorn,

olysh pops

It's amazing the beauty and care that goes into each and every one of these devices. What hard work and talent, sincere congratulations to the artist and craftsman @Dan Morrison .
What a feeling it must be to get high and lose yourself in the beauty of the device. I wish the happy users a great trip.

Last edited:
olysh pops,

fangorn

I just did maintenance on my Toad... He was entitled to the full amount.
Well... Wow! I no longer have the same device in my hands!

Aside from the last 10 days, I haven't really felt a gradual decline in performance. But I felt like I had to hold the button longer than before.

Well now I have to concentrate if I don't want to overcook my flowers. I rediscovered darker AVB colors that I no longer achieved.

I can't even imagine if I used the high heat!

Either way, it’s a super satisfying feeling!

I'm sharing a photo album from the cleaning session, even if overall it's deja vu.

Oh yes... for changing the magnets... I need to test further but I didn't feel any reduction in resistance at the button. Damage ! But to be confirmed in some time!

Happy vaping everyone!

Top Bottom