The Toad from Morwood

MrBaked.co

I received my out and about device some days ago and it is a joy to use outdoors. It's a work of art! Every little detail of it is amazing. I think Dan really is in his own league - it's amazingly crafted all the way.
Functionwise I think I'm going to love this, I am having a great time with it so far. Flavor is great and I like unregulated, the way I use it I'm probably the high heater type. The heater itself is a work of art too.
What batch were you on?

seriousTone

I received my out and about device some days ago and it is a joy to use outdoors. It's a work of art! Every little detail of it is amazing. I think Dan really is in his own league - it's amazingly crafted all the way.
Functionwise I think I'm going to love this, I am having a great time with it so far. Flavor is great and I like unregulated, the way I use it I'm probably the high heater type. The heater itself is a work of art too.

Toad-1-von-3.jpg

Toad-2-von-3.jpg

Toad-3-von-3.jpg
WOW nice pics dude!

seriousTone

It has been a long time !! :wave:🐸

important edit: the mouthpieces and debowler are made by TSWOODENART (Instagram)...
beautiful Vietnamese wood, a top Vietnam craftsman... (I have Vietnamese origins... I was so happy to find it!!)
Sick mouthpiece.

So you just told him the dimensions of the stems and he makes the mouthpieces to fit anything?

fangorn

so yes I told him the sizes of the stems.... and he has this dimension of stem in his workshop! but basically, he did that for the TMs I think... he's really super efficient, and super nice! I will do business with him again!

you can't see well on the pictures but there is a stainless steel tube inside the stem.
"the shape is great in the mouth"... and it obviously restricts the airflow!

Arawfish

Green Thumb
so yes I told him the sizes of the stems.... and he has this dimension of stem in his workshop! but basically, he did that for the TMs I think... he's really super efficient, and super nice! I will do business with him again!

you can't see well on the pictures but there is a stainless steel tube inside the stem.
"the shape is great in the mouth"... and it obviously restricts the airflow!
Great shape in the mouth you say :brow::brow::brow:

Arawfish

Green Thumb
6 Month progress report….

The 16th of this month marked a half year of usage with my Toad, so I thought I’d drop in a give you all a visual of how things are going, and how a Toad stands the test of time. My Toad has been through almost every type of weather so far (save for deep winter) and never once has performance changed or faltered, it gives repeatable results every time I use it, in any weather or climate. It’s taken a few tumbles, had watered spilled on it, fallen out of my lap more times than I care to admit and ultimately the Washi has held up admirably, as mentioned previously it’s almost like it heals itself. I use this almost everyday, like over 2 batteries worth of usage.

One of the least maintenance-heavy vapes I’ve ever owned in my whole life. I’ve cleaned my stem only 2 times in 6 months. I used the glass one for the first 2 weeks and that thing got dirty very fast but my wooden stem is the gift that keeps on giving. I wax it maybe once a week which has been an absolute joy and something I look forward to. Do I need to wax it this much? Probably not but I love the feel of freshly waxed Washi.

Usage has become very intuitive, I’ve gotten to the point where I sometimes forget this is unregulated. Definitely the most delicious vaping experience I’ve come across thus far.

I put together a little album on imgur with some recent shots that turned out really well, plus some other shots giving people a clear view of the wear and tear that’s accumulated, along side the original shots by Dan for comparison. The very last pic was from the very first night I had it, and I had forgotten all about that picture! Cheers everyone.

P. S. Yo @fangorn if I’m ever in Montreal I’m going to hit you up for a cafe session or something of that sort.

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!

The 16th of this month marked a half year of usage with my Toad, so I thought I’d drop in a give you all a visual of how things are going, and how a Toad stands the test of time. My Toad has been through almost every type of weather so far (save for deep winter) and never once has performance changed or faltered, it gives repeatable results every time I use it, in any weather or climate. It’s taken a few tumbles, had watered spilled on it, fallen out of my lap more times than I care to admit and ultimately the Washi has held up admirably, as mentioned previously it’s almost like it heals itself. I use this almost everyday, like over 2 batteries worth of usage.

One of the least maintenance-heavy vapes I’ve ever owned in my whole life. I’ve cleaned my stem only 2 times in 6 months. I used the glass one for the first 2 weeks and that thing got dirty very fast but my wooden stem is the gift that keeps on giving. I wax it maybe once a week which has been an absolute joy and something I look forward to. Do I need to wax it this much? Probably not but I love the feel of freshly waxed Washi.

Usage has become very intuitive, I’ve gotten to the point where I sometimes forget this is unregulated. Definitely the most delicious vaping experience I’ve come across thus far.

I put together a little album on imgur with some recent shots that turned out really well, plus some other shots giving people a clear view of the wear and tear that’s accumulated, along side the original shots by Dan for comparison. The very last pic was from the very first night I had it, and I had forgotten all about that picture! Cheers everyone.

P. S. Yo @fangorn if I’m ever in Montreal I’m going to hit you up for a cafe session or something of that sort.
Awesome to see a well-loved toad. The patina yours is developing is super rad. That last picture looks like a great vibe =)!

cx714

Unregulated Tendencies
I wax it maybe once a week which has been an absolute joy and something I look forward to. Do I need to wax it this much? Probably not but I love the feel of freshly waxed Washi.
Notice the washi in your photos looks redder and richer than the initial (which IIRC was a more vibrant orange). Do you reckon that’s the lighting, waxing, or natural aging?

If anything yours looks better than it did new either because or in spite of all its adventures. 👍

fangorn

@Arawfish

Happy Birthday to you and your Mammoth Toad!

You made it travel and you made us travel well in 6 months! thank you very much man. I love seeing your photos...
for the sets... and the compositions!
if you re-sign for the next 6 months, that's cool!! 😁

I remember thinking to myself when I saw your photos that I had to ask you to show me your area... I thought of a Toad hike... and a family photo of course! (I wonder if Toads recognize each other... do they vibrate and glow or something magical when they're close to another Toad?)
Anyway, I looked where one of the lakes you photographed was and I think it was the end of the world..

so if you're passing through Montreal, with great great pleasure for a coffee!

and maybe one day I will be able to leave my wife and children and free myself to take a hike in your region!

(I remember that in the Nomad thread, there was a joke about a camping weekend in Canada... I still see a picture of a master squirrel, of a guy chattering his teeth in the snow! )

come on, happy birthday again 🤣
I'll drink to the health of your toad and you the next time I vape with my toad... which should be soon 😉🍻

seriousTone

Damn dude nice!

That's basically how I imagined it going with me as well once I get my Nomad - an endgame vape in both looks and functionality. I fully intend to use it almost exclusively.

The Toad and Nomad seem to be all the single things I loved from multiple different vapes tied into one amazing box.

Great to hear your experience, makes me so excited.

I've been seriously tempted to add an extra of each heater just to hold onto for years down the road. - just incase.

passenger

is this thing on?
It's the perfect outdoor companion. Aside it's beauty, the function is rad! It's also perfectly capable to microdose with it, either with the high or low heater. With the wood stem there is no risk to break anything and I've never felt uncomfortable to use it in crowded places. I find it pretty discrete too.

I carry it everywhere and I wonder if the frequent temperature and humidity changes in winter going inside/outside will have an impact on the Toad over time? Are there any experiences yet from Toad or Nomad? Apart from that, no worries about this fella, it's pretty tough!

Arawfish

Green Thumb
I asked Dan for a spot on the waitlist :)
Welcome, Welcome.

It's the perfect outdoor companion. Aside it's beauty, the function is rad! It's also perfectly capable to microdose with it, either with the high or low heater. With the wood stem there is no risk to break anything and I've never felt uncomfortable to use it in crowded places. I find it pretty discrete too.

I carry it everywhere and I wonder if the frequent temperature and humidity changes in winter going inside/outside will have an impact on the Toad over time? Are there any experiences yet from Toad or Nomad? Apart from that, no worries about this fella, it's pretty tough!
I don’t think it’ll have too much effect at all, considering it’s mostly kept in a warm pocket. There isn’t a whole lot of exposed wood either. The Toad is probably one of the few (electric) vapes on the market where cool / moist climates pose minimal risk of wear considering there aren’t any wires or pcb’s or anything of that sort.

Top Bottom