The Toad from Morwood

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I would comment on that wait time... but since I’ve got mine I should probably shut my mouth haha

Yeah we were in the same batch, although I was one of the last names in the list, I've been clear about my patience with Dan every time he's mentioned shipping (mistakenly saying it would be in a couple weeks twice now I think lol) though I do remember you grumbling in here so maybe that helped yours be expedited? Or rather Canada to Canada makes it easier?? I also know Dan turned focused to finishing off the Nomad shipping those batch one people first...

Vaporware

Hold Up Wait GIF by Rob Zombie

Vaporware,

Arawfish

Green Thumb
Yeah we were in the same batch, although I was one of the last names in the list, I've been clear about my patience with Dan every time he's mentioned shipping (mistakenly saying it would be in a couple weeks twice now I think lol) though I do remember you grumbling in here so maybe that helped yours be expedited? Or rather Canada to Canada makes it easier?? I also know Dan turned focused to finishing off the Nomad shipping those batch one people first...
... all I’m gonna say is at least the wait will be worth it.

Shit Snacks

... all I’m gonna say is at least the wait will be worth it.

Totally! That's why I've never minded one bit and always expected a long wait regardless, the highs of participating in the actual selection process seem so far away now though, surely too soon be replaced with the highs of its arrival however (and quick fall:lol:)

Shit Snacks

looking forward to learning what it will be! exciting thread to keep tabs on, particularly after committing to it :)

There are photos of what it is in here already, but you know I will post more when it arrives, obviously not the same quality however I'll do my best, and will try to focus on putting it through its paces so I can learn it properly to get the most out of it! Arriving in a week ish?

Dan Morrison

Manufacturer
All of Batch 2 is shipped now. Really looking forward to everyone's thoughts!

Here are some more Toads from a new batch,

The cool thing about the ordering process is that I get to see which designs are most popular among everyone's picks. I can lean on that info when deciding which designs to paint.

I discovered a new technique for laser printing onto very thin washi. The pigment is deposited onto the backside of the washi, so that when it's glued onto the Toad shell, the pigment is embedded inside of the shell and shows through the transparent washi layer. For Toads that require text, I think this will be a cool technique to use. In this batch I used it for the retro-future orange and cream Toad.

________

037 - Worn leather look + my signature stamp - lichen button.

DSCF8671.jpg

DSCF8672.jpg

039 - Green fade - yellow and grey lichens.

DSCF8673.jpg

DSCF8674.jpg

042 - Retro-future, label says, "Toad" in Japanese. Other info explains the toad batch number, unit number, and heater resistance value of 0.065ohms. Ancient bog oak button.

DSCF8675.jpg

DSCF8676.jpg

040 - Abstract, pottery inspired - lichen button.

DSCF8677.jpg

DSCF8678.jpg

045 - Misty mountain pine - This one features a button made from mammoth ivory. Somewhere between 10,000 and 100,000 yrs old. Canadian origin.

DSCF8679.jpg

DSCF8680.jpg

038 - Ancient oak tree - yellow lichen on tree bark button.

DSCF8681.jpg

DSCF8682.jpg

043 - Ghostly mushrooms - greenish lichen button.

DSCF8683.jpg

DSCF8684.jpg

041 - Sky blue fade - abalone button.

DSCF8685.jpg

DSCF8687.jpg

044 - Looking up at the stars - abalone button

DSCF8688.jpg

DSCF8690.jpg

046 - This one was not part of the official batch, I made it custom for a friend. Minimalist landscape - beetle shell button

DSCF8691.jpg

DSCF8693.jpg

And, Toad stats from Batch 4:

Top 3 Most Popular (ranked system – top choice = 5 points, last choice = 1 point)
  • No. 038 - Ancient oak tree
  • No. 045 - Misty mountain pine
  • No. 044 - Looking up at the stars
There were 9 available Toads to choose from for this batch. Of those 9, 4 people got their first choices, and 3 people got their second choice, and 2 people decided to wait until the next batch.

I'll be offering out 040 (abstract pottery) and 041 (sky blue fade) to the waitlist via the Toad lottery - so those who are on the waitlist can watch out for that email today!

Vaporware

Awesome stuff again, Dan! I think my favorites are 43, 46 and 38.

I think 46 benefits from the addition of a few trees and stuff for my taste vs the previous similar minimalist landscape. It gives you more of a sense of scale and makes it immediately obvious what you’re looking at.

43 is one of the best mushroom designs so far too. It’s soft and ghostly but also a bit 3D. It almost looks like it was shot with a camera with shallow focus.

Because especially the one on the back is a fairly straight on side view it *might* have been even better with a foreground in focus all the way down and a background more blurred, but if it’s supposed to be more ghostly than exactly a shallow focus photograph maybe it’s already the way it should be. :sherlock:

42 is also cool and I think the new technique came out well! Personally I’d have loved to see a bit more added to it too, but what’s there is cool and I’m sure it’s exactly what some people want. :)

It’s great to hear that my Batch 2 Toad shipped…sadly I just got the news and I’m having my wisdom teeth taken out in a couple of hours so I won’t be able to use it for weeks! :cry:

So I guess look for my performance review to be late, but at least it’ll be ready for me when I’m ready. Everyone else in Batch 2, enjoy your new Toads for me! :lol:

fangorn

ahaha 🤣, you got me @KeroZen
I'm working on my strategies...
I hesitate between going to work at the post office where Dan's vaporizers are shipped from, or going on a hunger strike, in front of Dan's workshop (even in winter) until Dan takes me on as an apprentice. .. or maybe a scenario like "Misery"...?
(don't worry @Dan Morrison , Montreal is quite far away...!!)

attackpoints

Wow, love the new Toads in the nest!

My favorites are the most popular ones haha I really love 044, again super love the idea of using the button as a moon/planet. And of course the natural landscapes are lovely. The evolution of these is so fun to watch.

EarthworldTim

The simplicity of #41 is really awesome and I don't think the email called out the abalone and it's a different pic, the pic here really shows off how cool it looks. 39 is awesome too and the simplicity of the gradient design really helps the lichen stand out. Love all these buttons but that 44 starry night with the abalone is really awesome.

Top Bottom