The Tempest by Mad Heaters & Phatpiggie

ljstavy

That piece is about 200 bucks from them in clear glass. If you don't mind getting a Chinese clone this piece is about 40 Bucks US delivered and is pretty close in design. I have one and it has become my daily water piece. The quality of joints, etc. Is never as good as the original vendors when they do a clone. But functionally there's no problem with them at all. Or at least that's been my experience. You can get it with or without a second stage.
so the downstem is removeable? it looks like it haha. I want a globe type bong where i can add a whip(remove the mouthpiece) but also remove the downstem so when I do clean the downstem doesn't break from the iso sloshing around

ljstavy,

zeebudz

so the downstem is removeable? it looks like it haha. I want a globe type bong where i can add a whip(remove the mouthpiece) but also remove the downstem so when I do clean the downstem doesn't break from the iso sloshing around
Never heard of a downstem breaking from swishing around ISO...

zeebudz,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
so the downstem is removeable?
Downstem and mouthpiece both come off. Much easier for cleaning. I have a couple of other mouthpieces I occasionally throw on there. Being tall and relatively narrow, it is not the best piece for throwing a whip on. This is my favorite for that. Very heavy.
The cheap glass thread is a better one for this conversation...

Last edited:

leanpubpackage

Just torched the zirconium balls in a spoon for the first time. Very satisfying to see them go from brown to white. These days, it's the little things... ;)

Does not look like stoner activity if you ask me lol

After experimentation, 2.5mm zro2 remains my favorite balls for the tempest…and zro2 overall for my ball vapes.

Good power and flavor without the harshness I seem to get with rubies and boro

ahm123

Just torched the zirconium balls in a spoon for the first time. Very satisfying to see them go from brown to white. These days, it's the little things... ;)
i still have yet to do this and have owned mine for some time now. what is the most basic torch that will do the job? i only plan to use the wand

ahm123,

kegstandman420

Does not look like stoner activity if you ask me lol

After experimentation, 2.5mm zro2 remains my favorite balls for the tempest…and zro2 overall for my ball vapes.

I just took my stock zrc balls out to clean and put 3mm boro in. I turned the wand down from 600 to like 580 and combust 1st pull. Don't think I've combust once with the stock balls even at 600. I'm pretty sure my zrc are 3mm not 2.5, there seemed to be roughly 45. The boro Def made me cough more, but i went to the quad flame after the combustion incident. What's the final drop going to come with 3mm or 2.5mm zrc?

kegstandman420,

Brenyo

Manufacturer
any ETA on this?
Probably by the end of the month.

So the head, along with vi and click disks can be iso soaked without damage?
yes

sorry to bring a negative question but since its 3d printed the iso doesn't deteriorate the case? I'm very unfamiliar with all the 3d printing materials so to see one with hold iso sounds impressive!!
Only after a very long time, for example if you leave iso in it for over a year. It should be washed after you empty out the iso and rinse the parts within the box.

666Honeybadger

Unknown member
Yes it will have an EU EUR account and EUR card payment.
My man!!! :cool:
So no "handling fee" for border patrol and no mandatory donation to my bank!

This means i can get some extra goodies with my upcoming order instead!
Maybe another Reload (i have plenty really but they are so hard to resist) or possibly another sleeve? How about an extra tip?
Ooooh, too many options!
Thanks Brenyo, great solution for EU customers!

kegstandman420

So I've been messing with the 3mm boro, and for me I had to turn the wand almost back to 550. Still tasted burnt on the first pull. Definitely like the zrc more ATM. Boro may be better for half bowl 1 and done with a quicker heat up time just IMO.

kegstandman420,
Reactions: TedJones

SteveOG

Is anyone sticking with the Revolve 2 and not wanting the Tempest? I ask just to find out if its worth buying the Revolve over the Tempest? I haven't seen too many comparison reviews to highlight the pro's and con's

SteveOG,
Reactions: dimmusp

TedJones

i still have yet to do this and have owned mine for some time now. what is the most basic torch that will do the job? i only plan to use the wand
Small flame will work but will take longer. Want to get that bright blue right on them. Quick DEMO ;)
So I've been messing with the 3mm boro
Yea those are sounding like they get pretty hot like the Sic. Gotta tread careful when using but can be rewarding when it smacks ya:brow:

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
man... now I need this too :)

So I've been messing with the 3mm boro, and for me I had to turn the wand almost back to 550. Still tasted burnt on the first pull. Definitely like the zrc more ATM. Boro may be better for half bowl 1 and done with a quicker heat up time just IMO.
lower the temp, you need to drop the temp in the wand by 50-75f, the boro heats up more in the same time

Is anyone sticking with the Revolve 2 and not wanting the Tempest? I ask just to find out if its worth buying the Revolve over the Tempest? I haven't seen too many comparison reviews to highlight the pro's and con's
I have both a Revolve Gen 2 - which I am using with a Thermal Accumulator - and I have the Tempest. The Revolve Gen 2 is handling the TA3 totally fine (with a Tempest wooden sleeve) but the reclaim screen seems to restrict the airflow noticeably - which is good for the TA as I MTL but its the only thing that I notice that's different in my general use of both of them side by side

This reminds me, the spherical Rubies, when I was playing with spherical Rubies in the Tempest I found that it took longer to heat up and cool down but without increasing the amount of vapour in any meaningful way. I didn't like the extra power that was required to get the spherical Rubies to a adequate temp - its great in devices with a coil as it seems to handle the temp really well in that situation, but I don't like them in my wireless or manual vapes.

Last edited:

RedZep

Do you mean revolve with a Dynavap tip? No offense but comparing Dynavap to Tempest is like comparing a bicycle to a rocket ship. Doesn't make sense to even compare.

I'm sure there will be plenty people putting a Tempest tip on a Revolve stem though.

Top Bottom