The Tempest by Mad Heaters & Phatpiggie

Zow237

I bought a 3 flame torch and did as directed on the manual. I got no vapor just hot air, then torched a lil further then it combusted. DId 2 more bowls and still no vapor. 1 combustion in there too. Idk what to do. I dont want to buy an IH just wanted this to work like all the other click devices. The indicator doesnt seem to tell me anything correct. I am at a loss at this pt. Also ive gone through 3 screens in 24 hours. Not happy with this vape at all :(. Ive tried front end open and closed. When its closed i get very little and open sometimes get some vapor and sometimes i get nothing and sometimes it just combusts.

Zow237,

TedJones

@Zow237 it’s pretty much the same concept when using a single flame. Aim at the center of the two rings. I usually don’t use this and hard with camera in between, but here’s an ugly heat up (YT). Went to about the second mark here which was a little overkill with how hot that triple point gets. 1/2 bowl there in full screen position.

ezpz

@Zow237
Try a single flame torch and aim between the lines while spinning.
Are you closing the carb while inhaling?
Also, maybe try half open on the tip airflow adjustment.
I torch my tempest horizontally like @TedJones. Two and a half notch mark is my sweet spot.

ezpz,

Zow237

@ezpz i used it at the spot and combusted at the 2 mark. I cover the carb yes and let go. I tried half open. Im done wasting my weed for the night haha

Last edited:
Zow237,
Reactions: ezpz

ezpz

@Zow237
Different herb maybe? Do you have a wpa to try (to rule out a malfunctioning stem)? Not sure what’s happening here.

ezpz,

Brenyo

Manufacturer
I bought a 3 flame torch and did as directed on the manual. I got no vapor just hot air, then torched a lil further then it combusted.
Is it possible that there are no balls in your cap?

It also could be the heating position, but apart from that you should have a fair amount of time between no vapour and combustion during heating.

Brenyo,

kokolokokolokon

@Zow237 maybe a video can helps us to help you :lol:
It has a lot of factor, i didnt combust with my tempest with a normal use, but there are differences when you use a single flame, dual, triple, the size of the flame, the balls, how you pack the herb….

When I use a torch, i use a triple flame and 0 problems. I think a single flame is too slow to heat up and you need a big flame, maybe it is better with SiC but triple is better with glass

Strolling&Rolling

All Black Tempest

Tempest has finally arrived, but I haven't had the chance to use it yet 🥲

It's due to be delivered about 9AM, but I'm going on a day trip 9:30AM. It arrives around 9:25AM so I haven't got time to hit it.

All day long on my day trip I can't stop thinking about taking the first hit from this beauty. I get home, rush upstairs to open the box.

Then I open up the jet torch I've ordered, sadly realise that there isn't butane pre-loaded into it and my dreams are dashed.

So now I'm about to go get some butane for the torch. My next question is how important is the cleaning before use? 🤣

I'm so impatient to try it and have already suffered enough.

Any tips on how to heat it properly with a flame torch for a newb? 😀

P.S shout out to @Brenyo for the incredible device and customer service, even if I haven't had the chance to test it yet you can see the build and design quality is beautiful!

I had actually snagged an all purple one but commented on here that I would have loved an all black even though the purple looks slick.

Box turns up and it's an all black Tempest, either I got lucky or we've got some absolutely top notch customer service. Thanks so much! ❤️

shadymilkman

@ezpz i used it at the spot and combusted at the 2 mark. I cover the carb yes and let go. I tried half open. Im done wasting my weed for the night haha
To assist possibly; heat above the two lines on the head, closer to the VI, this will move the indicator a bit quicker, the lower you heat on the head the slower the VI is to react. This should give you a bit more control over the heat soak to avoid combustion. I cant get past the second notch in the VI because I too combust limiting the range of the VI to effectively between the first and second notches. I tried to get to the third notch when I first got the Tempest but that was an extremely poor tasting experience. Even once youve stopped your torch the VI is still going to rotate a bit. Try playing with the VI at about 1.5 - 2.. the lower on the cap you heat it, the hotter it will be near the bowl, so dabble with the flame position.

Strolling&Rolling

Any tips to avoid combustion using a flame?

I usually like to vape around 170-185. I used the flame until the visual indicator hit the first notch, but wasn't getting any noticeable vapor but maybe some slight flavour.

I heated it up some more until it reached close to the third notch and I combusted hard.

I hit it on open and the bud is proper crisp black.

Strolling&Rolling,

Shorner

Yeah , bite the bullet and buy a Wand it works amazingly well....I consider myself really good with torches on Dynas,dani fusion, Anvil etc but I couldn't get on with a torch with the Tempest, I think this problem will be resolved on the final version due to the click discs working.

Shorner,

Wozz

I think I’m just lucky with my Vi. With torch, I angle the flame(single flame bigger than a Dynavap torch), 45 degrees and hit it right between the two lines as I spin. I take it to the third notch for a good roast each time.
Same here.
Keeping the jet flame at the same length, same distance from the two lines, single jet right between them.

Beansuppa

So now I'm about to go get some butane for the torch. My next question is how important is the cleaning before use? 🤣

I'm so impatient to try it and have already suffered enough.
Definitely clean it. There are going to be manufacturing oils left on it, and you don't want to breath that stuff in. Grab some ISO and cotton swabs and go to town. I personally like to pour boiling water into all of the pieces once I'm done using alcohol to rinse it out. Then dry with paper towels and you're good to go.

The cap will hold onto a lot a water just because of the balls. I recommend doing a "dry" run (no herb in the chamber) with your torch after cleaning just to evaporate any water left over up there.

Strolling&Rolling

Definitely clean it. There are going to be manufacturing oils left on it, and you don't want to breath that stuff in. Grab some ISO and cotton swabs and go to town. I personally like to pour boiling water into all of the pieces once I'm done using alcohol to rinse it out. Then dry with paper towels and you're good to go.

The cap will hold onto a lot a water just because of the balls. I recommend doing a "dry" run (no herb in the chamber) with your torch after cleaning just to evaporate any water left over up there.
I powered through and cleaned it before use, thanks!

Strolling&Rolling,

PeePhlegm

I usually like to vape around 170-185. I used the flame until the visual indicator hit the first notch, but wasn't getting any noticeable vapor but maybe some slight flavour.

I heated it up some more until it reached close to the third notch and I combusted hard.

If you have Zirc there is a lag time.

You have to take two or three pulls to pull the heat from the balls through the herb.

If you just take one pull, not get much vapour then heat it for another while you will probably combust.

Maybe try heat it the way you have been doing, then take two or three big long pulls and see if you are getting vapour.

Strolling&Rolling

If you have Zirc there is a lag time.

You have to take two or three pulls to pull the heat from the balls through the herb.

If you just take one pull, not get much vapour then heat it for another while you will probably combust.

Maybe try heat it the way you have been doing, then take two or three big long pulls and see if you are getting vapour.
Thanks very much, will give this a try!

Strolling&Rolling,

Feyd2blak

I've timed my heat up to 3rd notch, my test VI seems to be pretty bang on. These are heating on the centre ring, tempest upright, all single torches, even if your indicators are off should hopefully give you a guide, hope you get something! I like to do a slow steady draw to get the weed hot, gives a nice tasty pull with decent vapour, next hit mega vapor, definitely easy to overheat/combust if you draw too hard too soon when lots of heat in the cap.
Small torch - 45 seconds
Medium torch - 35 seconds
Chef torch - 30 seconds

Strolling&Rolling

I've timed my heat up to 3rd notch, my test VI seems to be pretty bang on. These are heating on the centre ring, tempest upright, all single torches, even if your indicators are off should hopefully give you a guide, hope you get something! I like to do a slow steady draw to get the weed hot, gives a nice tasty pull with decent vapour, next hit mega vapor, definitely easy to overheat/combust if you draw too hard too soon when lots of heat in the cap.
Small torch - 45 seconds
Medium torch - 35 seconds
Chef torch - 30 seconds
Thanks very much, I think I'm starting to get the hang of it.

When the visual indicator goes back to its base level should I look to reheat or will it still be hot enough to draw vapor?

I must say I've hit the sweetspot a couple of times and the flavour is absolutely exceptional, I just need to get better at getting there consistently!

Strolling&Rolling,
Reactions: TedJones

Zow237

This one is just not for me. Thanks for the suggestions guys. Just doesnt work the way I want it to. Im just too dumb for this one haha

Zow237,
Top Bottom