The Tempest by Mad Heaters & Phatpiggie

Pablo13

Guys, am I missing something? All I'm getting when I search for the tempest is a page under construction. Where are you purchasing from?

Appologies for my noob!

Pablo13,

Shorner

Guys, am I missing something? All I'm getting when I search for the tempest is a page under construction. Where are you purchasing from?

Appologies for my noob!
It's only pre release units available when Mad heaters drops a few , you basically have to check in here every day to kerp up with whats going on, the full release is hopefully at the end of the month.not sure if @Brenyo is dropping anymore before release you'd have to check.

Cal

How many balls are supposed to be in this most recent batch? Got mine this weekend, enjoying it so far but there are only around 45 balls in the head. Says 90 in the manual so just curious if my unit is all good and what the final kit is gonna be

Cal,
Reactions: Zow237

Zow237

Tempest dropped down today with the reload gen 2. Reload on its own is amazing for any ted Hitter type vape. I am using a torch only with my tempest atm. Trying to dial it in. First I combusted the first 2 bowls. going slightly passed the 2nd notch on the indicator. Then I went to the 2nd notch and it was just ok. Taste was good nothing crazy. I will do more testing but with all this hype for this device, Im a little underwhelmed with it. I will report back. My one issue is that the heat shield moves on me alll the time and its annoying as shit.

Last edited:
Zow237,

TedJones

How many balls are supposed to be in this most recent batch? Got mine this weekend, enjoying it so far but there are only around 45 balls in the head. Says 90 in the manual so just curious if my unit is all good and what the final kit is gonna be
Maybe it’s 90 of the 2.5mm while you have the 3’s. As long as they fill up to where the bottom of the adjustable sleeve (on the outside) ends, should be good.

HaggisHunter

Tempest dropped down today with the reload gen 2. Reload on its own is amazing for any ted Hitter type vape. I am using a torch only with my tempest atm. Trying to dial it in. First I combusted the first 2 bowls. going slightly passed the 2nd notch on the indicator. Then I went to the 2nd notch and it was just ok. Taste was good nothing crazy. I will do more testing but with all this hype for this device, Im a little underwhelmed with it. I will report back. My one issue is that the heat shield moves on me alll the time and its annoying as shit.
I haven't hit mine with a torch since getting the most recent VI spring.
When I was using a torch previously I was hitting roughly the top line, it's a single flame torch I was using too, the results were good.
Stop using the torch because I got a wand.
Tempest and wand are game changing for me.

Brenyo

Manufacturer
enjoying it so far but there are only around 45 balls in the head.
That's correct

Then I went to the 2nd notch and it was just ok.
Try to heat it between the 2 lines on the cap. Depending on the torch size the indicator will still keep moving higher when you stop heating so you'll likely want to stop at or before the 2nd or move the torch slightly closer to the indicator.

My one issue is that the heat shield moves on me alll the time and its annoying as shit.
Make sure that it's pushed down fully, level with the bottom (bowl side).

not sure if @Brenyo is dropping anymore before release you'd have to check.
There won't be more before the release

Last edited:

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.

After a little bit of playing around I ended up settling on the following:

Tempest on a WPA - I prefer the 2mm Boro balls - whereas - the Tempest on its native stem - I prefer the 2mm Zrc.

On a stem the “slow release” nature of the Zrc works really well.

The Zrc balls seem to hold the heat for longer, but it takes longer for the heat to transfer to the air and the herbs.

When you take the heat away from the oven, It seems to take a few seconds to stabilise the heat through the balls, so at first draw, you start with very little vapour, and it sort of has a bell curve effect.

(Timing is approximate and used more as an example)

That is; there’s less vapour at first, you don’t see much vapour until 5-10 seconds in, it builds such that in the middle of your (say) 60 second session the vapour is at it’s maximum and then it decreases such that 45-50s you’re getting wispy vapour and it’s not really present after 60s.

The Boro seems to be more instantaneous, if that makes sense; the heat that you have put into the balls is stabilised quickly and is instantly available. The curve is much steeper at the beginning but the dip starts much sooner turning a 60s session into a 45s session.

The difference is that vapour is available instantly and builds to the maximum in about 10-12 seconds and then by about 25 seconds it’s decreasing, by 35 is wispy and disappearing to nothing.

I really like the Boro balls for my Tempest on a WPA where I want to do multiple bowls back to back.

I prefer the Zrc balls when using the Tempest natively as the delay gives you time to get comfortable and enjoy the longer session.

Last edited:

HaggisHunter

How does the tempest head look on a revolve stem?
Here's the head on a gen 1

PXL-20240304-131022865-2.jpg

Gen 2

PXL-20240304-130846618-2.jpg

They both work fine with it but do get noticeably hotter than the Tempest stem with the heat shield etc.

mcscruffy

Waiting for the tempest to update since it touched down in NY the 28th and hasn't moved. This is almost as bad as waiting my for my harvests to be ready for the chop hahah patience patience patience 😂.
Customs doesn't process those on the weekend so it'll probably sit there for a couple of business days before moving on. Soon for you!

mcscruffy,

vappingallnight

any specific shots?
No this is awesome, thank you. It seems the main difference is no more reclaim screen holder. You gonna miss that?
Does seem a little smoother around some edges too. I have Gen1 and up this close I can really see how much smoother everything is now.

If I recall 70% is supposed to be best for cleaning. I may have my facts wrong but its something about the 30% water acts as the universal solvent to mix the iso with other particles. Otherwise the iso surface tension is too strong or something like that.

vappingallnight,

HaggisHunter

No this is awesome, thank you. It seems the main difference is no more reclaim screen holder. You gonna miss that?
Does seem a little smoother around some edges too. I have Gen1 and up this close I can really see how much smoother everything is now.

If I recall 70% is supposed to be best for cleaning. I may have my facts wrong but its something about the 30% water acts as the universal solvent to mix the iso with other particles. Otherwise the iso surface tension is too strong or something like that.
Other main difference is the helix airflow tube, it doesn't have the restricted MTL setting on it, it has three holes that are the same size so it doesn't really matter where it sits now.
The MTL and DTL options aren't needed on the airflow tube now because airflow adjustments can be made via the head and the stem.
You still have the option of running a direct airflow tube.

HaggisHunter,
Reactions: ezpz

ljstavy

So i know there will be a finalized screen with the finished version but I'm a little bit curious about the mesh screens you guys are using on the pre sale units. I have 2 questions.

Can i find somewhere in the US to buy them in bulk? i like the idea of being able to toss them when they get too dirty and cant be cleaned or get bent.

Also with the mesh ones can you guys easily remove the screens and also put back in to half bowl setting?

Last edited:
ljstavy,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I've been looking around for some zirconium balls, and ebay seems to be the best source for them, at least at this point. Somebody is selling 100 of the 2.5mm ones for about $17 delivered. Is that about what to expect?

cybrguy,
Reactions: TedJones

Zow237

Good thing I have a bunch of product. I am maybe 20 bowls in and I still cant get it down with a single flame torch hhaha. Soooo many variables in to getting exactly what I want from the device. More testing to come.

ToatsOats

Will the Click Discs be available for purchase on full release? I am relying on the visual indicators right now but don't know how particularly accurate it is. The click discs would help me to stop combusting as often.

ToatsOats,

ezpz

Can i find somewhere in the US to buy them in bulk? i like the idea of being able to toss them when they get too dirty and cant be cleaned or get bent.
I bought some 10mm screens from amazon that have worked great.

Can confirm that these work great. I only use the full bowl setting though. Others have reported that they fit fine at half bowl setting also.

bupbups

How easy is it to take the balls out? Is there a tutorial vid I could follow?

I've bought myself one of the little tea cages so gonna torch the balls and dump in iso, that seems to be the best way is it according to some posts? Or is there another trick?

🙌

bupbups,

TedJones

Somebody is selling 100 of the 2.5mm ones for about $17 delivered. Is that about what to expect?
Sounds like a real good price and that size is harder to find.
Good thing I have a bunch of product. I am maybe 20 bowls in and I still cant get it down with a single flame torch hhaha. Soooo many variables in to getting exactly what I want from the device. More testing to come.
Keep at it! Yea it took some days and seshs for me to dial it in and get the abv less dark and more my preference.
How easy is it to take the balls out? Is there a tutorial vid I could follow?

I've bought myself one of the little tea cages so gonna torch the balls and dump in iso, that seems to be the best way is it according to some posts? Or is there another trick?
A precision flat head will work. Smallest in my set has 1.5 marking & looks to be the width in mm. The reload also has this. Simply “unscrew” the screen from the inner threads of the cap, gently. Yep, torch works best.

TedJones,
Top Bottom