The Tempest by Mad Heaters & Phatpiggie

General Disaster

A Country Member
The ones I'd weigh between are never the ones I catch available, and I want the working VI, so I'm thinking I'm just going to wait.
Ah! not quite the same problem then! 😁
I have something else on the way to hold me over, so I don't even need another vape but this one is really interesting to me.
Likewise, but none of them turned out to match this, despite some being perfectly decent and popular vapes. Of it's type I doubt there is much to match it currently. That don't mean it's the best for everyone of course! But no denying the thought and effort that's gone into this, and the success in what it does. Reaching into the domain of mains powered desktop vapes is most impressive from such a small device. A lot of design challenges met head on!

Hms34

I haven't even looked at another vape since getting the Tempest in November...it's pretty much perfect for me and I have been through all of the top tier vapes out there.
Do you find the Tempest hits a little more than the typical electrics and Dynavaps?

I don't need a desktop or science project home-only ball vape.

Thanks, trying to keep from smoking, and have failed a few times lately. For me, Dani Fusion 2.0 was a miss. Wesley did good, replaced my cap (og did not click), not their fault.

Hms34,

Shorner

Do you find the Tempest hits a little more than the typical electrics and Dynavaps?

I don't need a desktop or science project home-only ball vape.

Thanks, trying to keep from smoking, and have failed a few times lately. For me, Dani Fusion 2.0 was a miss. Wesley did good, replaced my cap (og did not click), not their fault.
The Tempest blows a Dynavap away mate...

It's got Tinymight taste, Anvil potency definitely stronger than any portable electric vapes

dudeguy

How is the vapor profile btw? I usually get prescribed Indicas to help with sleep and tension so a vape that helps delivering a strong body buzz would be quite nice.

dudeguy,

bobothevaper

But you could look at it as being harder to choose after release if they have the full range of colours to choose from? I mean, all those options! 😉

It's a perfect upgrade wand or no wand! If coming from a DV I suspect you'll be very impressed, even after all the comments here.
So what's the issue with ordering to EU from UK? What have the us British idiots done now to make trade with our neighbours even harder?
("winning back our sovereignty"? Don't make me laugh! fuckin' politicians)
I do have a wand though. I’ve been using Dynas for the past three years. Then I bought a bong and thus wanted more power. So I bought the couchlog and adore it. Use it every day without issues. Love that little guy. Its just not portable. So after blessing the balls in my log I thought why not have balls in my “on the go butane slot” option and lo and behold I found the tempest. A wand and tempest could be used outside or just with a torch.

Regarding import. In Denmark you will pay 25% vat on the product and shipping price total plus like 25 usd in handling. So around 100 usd.

Its fair to pay taxes but when the new parts then arrive I would have to do that again. At minimum the 25 usd as they are mandatory. But it could easily creep up to more if they want to be anal about.

So basically it’s just a lot of dead cash. I really don’t mind paying my taxes and it has nothing to do with Mad Heaters who are cool people but there’s no reason to import twice if I can get a finished product within a couple of months. I have my couchlog and firewood9 to hold me over until the blessed day arrives

Shorner

Lesson learned! Think when I was cleaning and later lubing the orings, I then assembled everything with greasy hands from lubing. Got me a one of those micro fibre cloth for glasses to handle and wipe the cap when assembling it... No more touching the cap that's for sure!
After & Before polish. Soft polishing paste and a toothbrush.
That's better.

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
I do have a wand though. I’ve been using Dynas for the past three years. Then I bought a bong and thus wanted more power. So I bought the couchlog and adore it. Use it every day without issues. Love that little guy. Its just not portable. So after blessing the balls in my log I thought why not have balls in my “on the go butane slot” option and lo and behold I found the tempest. A wand and tempest could be used outside or just with a torch.

Regarding import. In Denmark you will pay 25% vat on the product and shipping price total plus like 25 usd in handling. So around 100 usd.

Its fair to pay taxes but when the new parts then arrive I would have to do that again. At minimum the 25 usd as they are mandatory. But it could easily creep up to more if they want to be anal about.

So basically it’s just a lot of dead cash. I really don’t mind paying my taxes and it has nothing to do with Mad Heaters who are cool people but there’s no reason to import twice if I can get a finished product within a couple of months. I have my couchlog and firewood9 to hold me over until the blessed day arrives
Don't own the Tempest yet but if it's anything like the Stunner, and I have reason to believe it may be better, then it'll give you portable ball vape power in an indestructible format. Tastes pretty great too!

I'm a bit surprised the FW9 isn't scratching that itch though? I've heard it's both powerful and tasty....

TigoleBitties,

Dabberhashery

electrobubblerizer
Lesson learned! Think when I was cleaning and later lubing the orings, I then assembled everything with greasy hands from lubing. Got me a one of those micro fibre cloth for glasses to handle and wipe the cap when assembling it... No more touching the cap that's for sure!
After & Before polish. Soft polishing paste and a toothbrush.
When I bought a Revolve v2 it came with a white cloth a bit like a glasses cleaning one, it was really nice material.

I was using it to wipe the tempest before heating and it went well for a while.... until my tempest started making a clicking noise when heating it in the wand one time.

I grabbed it out thinking it would be cool enough to touch with the cloth...but nope, the cloth melted into a sticky mess on the Tempest :doh:

Luckily, I had some cotton pads nearby for vaping concentrate and I could use a couple of those to wipe off the molten cloth. It was lucky that the tempest held enough heat to let me do that before any dried up... I wouldnt have liked to heat it up again with that stuff on it!

My heart definitely skipped a beat, I couldn't believe it all wiped off so well and my beloved Tempest was not ruined :rockon:

kegstandman420

My purple and ti tempest just showed up! I was just confused because everytime I checked the tracking it was somewhere still in the uk. I checked tracking earlier and it still hadn't been updated. I placed my order the 17th I believe. 10 days from UK to east coast us is pretty fast imo! Time to experiment!

General Disaster

A Country Member
I then assembled everything with greasy hands from lubing.
Jeez, this just gets worse and worse! I can't even answer this one! 🤣🤣🤣

In Denmark you will pay 25% vat on the product and shipping price total plus like 25 usd in handling. So around 100 usd.
Ouchie! That's fuckin' steep! I absolutely don't blame your reluctance to have to pay that much on top of premium quality gear (which of course, costs premium prices!). Yeah, very sensible, if you've already got something to keep you going anyway, this makes much sense!

I have been through all of the top tier vapes out there.
Shit! That must of been a tight squeeze!

everytime I checked the tracking it was somewhere still in the uk.
Ah! Made the fatal error of thinking UK postal system actually works! They struggle to start tracking a lot of uk deliveries before they arrive, never mind anything a wee bit more complicated like another country! In fact, you've probably got someone else's! 🤣

Last edited:
General Disaster,
Reactions: xnanaki

Nebelmann

It really sucks to order from the UK since Brexit happened. I had to use a proxy address service once because a vendor wouldn't ship to Germany at all when buying the terpcicle.
Couldn't resist when the rosewood stem released though. Now I'll wait for the final product and get it from a local retailer to reduce customs and additional costs.

MoarVapes

Has anyone used the tempest with VHB's 3d induction heater? If so, any idea how long you leave it in there? I know I usually leave the stunner in there for about 50 seconds. The stunner sits a lot more flush in it, though. Can't wait to try this thing out!

MoarVapes,

dark7625

Someone from Germany who ordered? Since 4 Days i have the Status that it will be transported to Destination Country with dhl Tracking. Why tf they send it trough switzerland? Royalmail always Transport directly to Costums in Germany. I used dpd shipping.

dark7625,

DNice

Someone from Germany who ordered? Since 4 Days i have the Status that it will be transported to Destination Country with dhl Tracking. Why tf they send it trough switzerland? Royalmail always Transport directly to Costums in Germany. I used dpd shipping.
Yeah was the same for me. The next update you will probably get is when it reaches customs in Frankfurt. My package reached customs on a Friday and got send out on a Monday so I don't know how long it takes them during the week. And from then on is took 2 days until it was at my home. Overall it took 10 days for the package to reach me.
I also don't know why and if it even goes through Switzerland or just gets displayed that way. But going from UK to Switzerland and then to Frankfurt makes no sense to me. But I'm not in the parcel business :D

Last edited:
DNice,
Reactions: dark7625

Texus

"Working VI?" Sorry not up on the lingo and FC doesn't do search results for 3 letters or less. What does VI stand for? What won't be working on what is being sold currently? From the webpage it looked like everything could eventually be upgraded to non-pre-sale version...
want the working VI, so I'm thinking I'm just going to wait.

Texus,

Jojofernz

"Working VI?" Sorry not up on the lingo and FC doesn't do search results for 3 letters or less. What does VI stand for? What won't be working on what is being sold currently? From the webpage it looked like everything could eventually be upgraded to non-pre-sale version...
Visual Indicator. It’s the part that moves to show how hot it gets and when it’s ready to hit. The main things I know of from the current version, is the click disks aren’t done and the bowl screen is not the final one. I believe the VI is basically final? But could be wrong.

And yes if you buy a pre-sale version, you buy a kit upon release that includes everything in the final version that you don’t have. It will be the same price as buying at full release, which is why there is a discount for purchasing a pre-release.

Top Bottom