The Tempest by Mad Heaters & Phatpiggie

Brenyo

Manufacturer
Seems I'm getting some kind of oxidation on the induction layer, right where the torch lines are. Is this still safe to use? Apart from safety I'm not really worried, as Brenyo said there is gonna be an updated and stronger induction layer that can also be polished...
Do you touch the cap regularly? Clean it as much as you can with something non-abrasive please. Barkeepers Friend + toothbrush for example.
The new parts will fix this issue, it shouldn’t look nearly as bad.

General Disaster

A Country Member
Slainte! An bhfuil Gaeilge agat a chara?!
Shit! Google translate doesn't have Gaelic! 🤣

Do you touch the cap regularly? Clean it as much as you can with something non-abrasive please. Barkeepers Friend + toothbrush for example.
Would something like Brasso or Duraglit be okay, or silver polish? I presume the main issue is not to significantly abrade the thickness of the metal, plus not leave any deposits to burn on to it afterwards?

Just curious if you know already - I realise you'll be doing replacement heads (among other things) but have you any intention of supplying the individual parts in the head? (eventually at least).

Last edited:

Shorner

0000 steel wool and a product in the UK called the "pink stuff" will bring it back like new 👍Bar kerpers friend works well too, I wouldn’t bother with the toothbrush it takes to long.

Brenyo

Manufacturer
Would something like Brasso or Duraglit be okay, or silver polish? I presume the main issue is not to significantly abrade the thickness of the metal, plus not leave any deposits to burn on to it afterwards?
I don’t know those ones, but I would guess so. It’s more about what you clean it with - a metal brush or metal scourer won’t be good because it has a thin chrome layer on it which should remain there. The next version won’t need this thin layer so you can clean or polish it in any way basically.

Just curious if you know already - I realise you'll be doing replacement heads (among other things) but have you any intention of supplying the individual parts in the head? (eventually at least).
Yes, I plan to stock the indicator housing and induction layer so it can be restored to “new” fairly easily.

General Disaster

A Country Member
I don’t know those ones, but I would guess so. It’s more about what you clean it with - a metal brush or metal scourer won’t be good because it has a thin chrome layer on it which should remain there. The next version won’t need this thin layer so you can clean or polish it in any way basically.
Brasso and duraglit are old-time polish for things like silver plate, where you want something very fine that won't take too much off a soft metal, and produces a very polished finish! I was suprised to see they still exist tbh! So I guess they must still be pretty good compared to newer metal polishes?
Yes, I plan to stock the indicator housing and induction layer so it can be restored to “new” fairly easily.
Very cool! that's what I was rather hoping, being a skinflint! 😁 Ta!

Last edited:

bobothevaper

No, this is incorrect. The default mouthpiece fits a 10mm adapter. I can't imagine a 14mm adapter is usable. The glass side can be 14 or 18 depending upon your water piece but the inside diameter should be 10mm.
This is how it looks in a 14mm adapter. I don't have a 10mm to show you but it doesn't slip past the glass...
20240224-110314-resized.jpg

To be clear, this is a 18mm to 14mm reducer, but the point is the inside diameter is for a 14mm device which is too large for the Tempest.
Thanks. Someone said the tip fits a dyna glas wpa so ill just use that.

KindBuddyBud

Question for anyone in the states that got a tempest. Who delivered the final leg of the journey (🤷‍♂️)? Was it usps, fedex, or ups? Too many science experiments with the wand to remember what was selected at checkout. I know I got free shipping if that helps. Thanks.

KindBuddyBud,

Jojofernz

How long was the total delivery time? I ordered mine like a week and a half ago and it shipped quick but has been sitting somewhere in Europe for the last 3 days
Mine took 14 days from the date it was shipped out also here in the US. Parcels app is best for tracking and should give you a next tracking number for when it’s with USPS

delta hotel

Some purples are up.

Been trying to decide if I want one of these, or if I wanna wait for the full release. I can't decide on the color I'd want or if I want wood, so maybe it'll be easier once it's just in stock.

b8man99

Some purples are up.

Been trying to decide if I want one of these, or if I wanna wait for the full release. I can't decide on the color I'd want or if I want wood, so maybe it'll be easier once it's just in stock.
Just grabbed the purple!

I was debating the need for another vape, then saw the pretty purple and just caved. I mean, life is short. And it’s raining all next week.

Can’t wait!

bobothevaper

Some purples are up.

I want one but because of the import to EU financial issue I’m forced to wait. Or else I’d have to pay import when the new parts come too. If I was UK I’d snapped one up by now. But, I’ll try my best to wait. This one is really interesting. Looks like the perfect upgrade for a dyna guy with a wand and a bubbler or jhook.

General Disaster

A Country Member
Some purples are up.

But you could look at it as being harder to choose after release if they have the full range of colours to choose from? I mean, all those options! 😉

I want one but because of the import to EU financial issue I’m forced to wait. Or else I’d have to pay import when the new parts come too. If I was UK I’d snapped one up by now. But, I’ll try my best to wait. This one is really interesting. Looks like the perfect upgrade for a dyna guy with a wand and a bubbler or jhook.
It's a perfect upgrade wand or no wand! If coming from a DV I suspect you'll be very impressed, even after all the comments here.
So what's the issue with ordering to EU from UK? What have the us British idiots done now to make trade with our neighbours even harder?
("winning back our sovereignty"? Don't make me laugh! fuckin' politicians)

delta hotel

But you could look at it as being harder to choose after release if they have the full range of colours to choose from? I mean, all those options! 😉
The ones I'd weigh between are never the ones I catch available, and I want the working VI, so I'm thinking I'm just going to wait.

I have something else on the way to hold me over, so I don't even need another vape but this one is really interesting to me.

Top Bottom