The Tempest by Mad Heaters & Phatpiggie

Brenyo

Manufacturer
Does anyone have any tricks to stop the airflow sleeve from moving around so much by mistake?
If you take off the indicator housing from the bottom you can remove the airflow sleeve and push it together slightly to make it more oval and tighter. You’ll need to press it firmly, but don’t go too hard on it. I’d suggest pressing it closer to the airflow slots rather than in the middle

kegstandman420

So excited, just snagged a purple with silver heat shield tempest. I've been checking every couple days and couldn't believe it when I saw that in stock. Is there anything different from this drop and the last one? Will click disk be calibrated /work? Also what all comes with this kit? Time to start selling my dyna stuff lol

Feyd2blak

Fixed my VI :tup: third time re assembling, can't say it was any less fiddly, (definitely do not attempt after a drink or 2, actually had to give up last night lol) not sure why wouldn't get past the third notch before but back to working perfectly now
Still preferring full bowl, direct tube with no SCU, around half open tip airflow, closed stem. 325c/605f till timeout, 4 or 5 lovely hits, the first couple are just so tasty.
@Brenyo, just some feedback, noticed a little area on my wooden stem that's not quite as smooth and finished as the rest, just a little rougher to the touch, any tips for best way to smooth it down?

Zasquatch

Z-stems
Some pictures of my Zasquach Z-stems wooden Tempest body. I have shared pictures elsewhere, but this is the first time here. I love this freaking thing @Zasquatch does amazing work. Segmented African Blackwood with Ancient Bog Oak!

Glad you are loving it!!! Ngl, I’m a little jealous every time I see that one 😅

Anyone else who’s looking for a custom wood sleeve, hit me up on discord (or FC, but I don’t check here as much) 😎

666Honeybadger

Unknown member
For a lazy cleaning, I pop the revolve out of the stem, and hold it tight inside a paper towel, then pull/spin it through my fingers to remove most of the reclaim (I don't care about saving it)

To each his own ofcourse but here's my approach to a lazy clean:

I roll a bit of vaping wool into a ball, put that on top of a toothpic and use that to scrape the cooling spiral:

Then i roll that into some ground up weed and there's my popsicle! Ready to vape!!
My favorite popsicle by far

I honestly don't do this because i'm short supplied or so.
It's just so easy and it vapes so damn good! I have to admit i don't have access to concentrates so that might be a factor but still, it's easy, it's fun and i kinda like reclaiming my Tempest reclaim in my tempest!
Try it, i bet you'll be amazed by the (free) clouds and the flavor!
Not to mention the huge free punch it packs!
;)

Feyd2blak

I was smoking my reclaim today as well, entirely by accident. Had disassembled and fixed my VI so had heated empty right to the max to test the indicator, once done I dropped it in my heatsink to cool. Noticed a big puff of vapour coming out the mouthpiece, and a 2nd time, the air being forced through by the narrow heatsink. Gave it a wary and gentle taste and tasty vapour! The super hot air was roasting the reclaim in the whole unit, not even that dirty tbh, there was some gunk on the mesh. Could the Tempest be self cleaning....:brow:
Definitely trying honeybadgers technique though, looks well nice 👍

666Honeybadger

Unknown member
Yeah man!
LoL
And i reclaim it while i am singing:
"Give me my honey back!
Give me my honey back
You B*tch!
And don't forget
to give me back some nice cloudage!"

:dog:

The super hot air was roasting the reclaim in the whole unit, not even that dirty tbh, there was some gunk on the mesh. Could the Tempest be self cleaning....:brow:
Could you have been "vaping off" some sticky balls in the tip?
Sounds like a nice surprise anyhow!

Definitely trying honeybadgers technique though, looks well nice 👍

Yeah man, do try!
I started doing this with my Revolves before i threw the parts in ISO to clean.
Mainly because the reclaim oozing off the spiral looked and smelled so good that it seemed like a real waste to throw away tbh (at first i used small nugs to sponge up the reclaim). Always gave me nice bowls!
But throwing these in the Tempest results in Superbowls ime!

I reserved the above pictured reclaim-popsicle for my nightcap-bowl tonight!
Looking forward to it already!

BushRanger

Hit It & Quit It
I really enjoy the following configuration: air intake 3/4 open, full bowl filled only 3/4, helix tube with SCU, air hole set open and have it closed during pull only at the end open. Can take massive 1 hit rips this way and its so tasty lol.

Seeing the official release will have 3mm balls...and having some 3mm rubies laying around, I could just try them now?

Oh, and with these bowl mesh screens that we got in the first drops, I do recommend mounting and ejecting with a q-tip to prevent bending.

Last edited:

TedJones

Seeing the official release will have 3mm balls...and having some 3mm rubies laying around, I could just try them now?
I swapped mine out for Zirc 3mm. What surprised me the most was how discolored the original's were. Some of them scorched ..
No concentrates so wondering if it was abv getting re-heated up in there causing, or the darker ones have been on the outer edge against the cap the whole time with the flame to close .. :shrug:

At any rate, I left my preferred config and didn't clean it, to get a good side by side. First thing I notice was better flavor! Attributing this to the cleaner Zircs I put in. That was a surprise! After quite a few bowls now, I can feel the air getting through the cap easier. Been compensating by closing the cap airflow down just a bit. Since there are fewer in there, it might not be holding heat for as long. Not an issue for my style and can always add a bit more heat if needed. Have we mentioned the versatility of this thing yet :science:

HaggisHunter

Howdy folks, a while back someone pointed me towards sugar soap for cleaning glass.
It works really well with the tempest balls.
I put the balls in a mad plastic tube with sugar soap, because the balls wouldn't clean in fresh ISO, even with scrubbing, I left them to soak in the sugar soap for a couple of minutes, then gave it all a shake, they came out looking so much better. Good rinse with hot water and they were good to go. They're not absolutely spotless but I dare say leaving them in for longer than a couple of minutes and they would have looked like new.

PSX-20240219-091233.jpg

HaggisHunter

Also, I know I'm not meant to double post but, anyone UK based know where to get a good selection of glass balls?
I want to try different materials and different sizes, not seeing many places to get stuff from but probably not looking in the right places.
I've heard not to buy cheap as they can crack/break/explode etc.
Thanks in advance

Also, I know I'm not meant to double post but, anyone UK based know where to get a good selection of glass balls?
I want to try different materials and different sizes, not seeing many places to get stuff from but probably not looking in the right places.
I've heard not to buy cheap as they can crack/break/explode etc.
Thanks in advance

BreadStick

Does anyone know how many of the ispire wand stands are needed to hold the wand stable? I only ordered 1 but I'm wondering if I should've gotten 2

BreadStick,
Top Bottom