The Tempest by Mad Heaters & Phatpiggie

borbjorbis

Hello! Like many before me, longtime lurker turned first time commenter out of excitement for this device. Everything I've read about the Tempest makes it seem like the perfect device for my vaping preferences, and I can't wait to get mine. I have a question for all the owners out there: Brenyo has mentioned before that while mouth-to-lung hits are possible on the device, it's mainly designed for direct-to-lung, being that it's convection. Personally when I hit my Dynavap these days I mostly do MTL; I really enjoy french inhaling or ghosting the vapor after a MTL drag, and I just generally love the experience of hitting something as if it were a joint / cigarette. Something about the ritual of MTL is more relaxing to me, it feels slower and more meditative, indulgent but not gluttunous.

I'm curious to know what the MTL hits from the Tempest are like. Can you get a cloud dense enough to french inhale / ghost? If I can get a good substantial MTL hit from the Tempest, paired with the convection flavor, it'd really be game over haha. I probably wouldn't sell my Dynavaps because I enjoy microdosing, but man would that be amazing. Unless, of course, the Tempest can microdose like a champ too.

borbjorbis,

Jojofernz

Hello! Like many before me, longtime lurker turned first time commenter out of excitement for this device. Everything I've read about the Tempest makes it seem like the perfect device for my vaping preferences, and I can't wait to get mine. I have a question for all the owners out there: Brenyo has mentioned before that while mouth-to-lung hits are possible on the device, it's mainly designed for direct-to-lung, being that it's convection. Personally when I hit my Dynavap these days I mostly do MTL; I really enjoy french inhaling or ghosting the vapor after a MTL drag, and I just generally love the experience of hitting something as if it were a joint / cigarette. Something about the ritual of MTL is more relaxing to me, it feels slower and more meditative, indulgent but not gluttunous.

I'm curious to know what the MTL hits from the Tempest are like. Can you get a cloud dense enough to french inhale / ghost? If I can get a good substantial MTL hit from the Tempest, paired with the convection flavor, it'd really be game over haha. I probably wouldn't sell my Dynavaps because I enjoy microdosing, but man would that be amazing. Unless, of course, the Tempest can microdose like a champ too.
I haven’t specifically tried French inhaling but I’m sure you could as the Tempest is the vape that is closest to smoking a joint for me. MTL is incredibly easy and satisfying with this thing.

As for microdosing, I only hit my Tempest in its half bowl setting, which is just a bit smaller than a full bowl in a Dynavap. I only used full bowl in my Dynavaps. So yeah I would say it’s a good microdoser

TedJones

@borbjorbis welcome to the forum :rockon: IMO you could absolutely use it the way you want. Direct tube, without the scu, closed off carb (open the bypass just a tad later maybe), and then you could play with the cap air intake to dial it down to your preferred resistance. Small adjustments to that make a big difference.

Brenyo

Manufacturer
The Tempest orders from last time that got stuck due to stock issues should be on the way on Monday.

I'll put up about 50-70 more kits during next week at random times, the last part of the drop will be next Sunday.

Brenyo has mentioned before that while mouth-to-lung hits are possible on the device
I will suggest using 2.5mm boro glass for MTL as it seems to give a bit more punch to the first draw.

The default ceramic ball will change to 3mm size which allows for a bit more airflow with DL. Heating time is about the same as the current 2.5mm.

666Honeybadger

Unknown member
I love MTL with the Tempest. I mainly use it as if i'm smoking a J.
Always full bowl, usually take a first hit for a couple of seconds to get going and then i just take small puffs that give huge, dense clouds. I found that i get the best (most dense) results for this usage with the cap airflow 3/4 closed. I don't really French inhale but the clouds sure are ghostworthy!
Finishing a bowl in one or two huge hits is also an option ofcourse but I like puffing on the Tempest, feels very chill to me and the clouds are super tasty and surprisingly thick!
So i usually puff away a bit and when clouds start to get less dense i tend to finish with one longer DTL hit where i flutter the airport.
Always perfectly extracted!

Repeatable, consistent but very versatile and extremely satisfying!!
Good stuff!!
I'll want a second one at launch!

Only one "issue" so far....
I can't get myself motivated to use my Revolves anymore :( which is a shame because i have a few...
Nothing wrong with them but the DV tips feel kinda obsolete i guess?
While i really love the Revolve for looks and functionality suddenly it just feels like a real hasstle having to reheat such a small bowl for one or two hits at a time...
So i just grab the Tempest instead! :tup:

(Another reason why i need a second one)

Wozz

Enjoying my Tempest more and more each day 😁

I'm now finding myself using it, just for the sake of using it. Not when I need a hit, or want to be more stoned. I like using the Tempest.🤷‍♂️

Just like when I would have a doobie. I didn't always need one, but I enjoyed the actual exercise, physicality of smoking a doobie.

Totally recreated this feeling with my Tempest. Using it is addictive 😁💚

borbjorbis

I haven’t specifically tried French inhaling but I’m sure you could as the Tempest is the vape that is closest to smoking a joint for me. MTL is incredibly easy and satisfying with this thing.

As for microdosing, I only hit my Tempest in its half bowl setting, which is just a bit smaller than a full bowl in a Dynavap. I only used full bowl in my Dynavaps. So yeah I would say it’s a good microdoser
Man, true MTL on a convection-heavy device -- can't believe what I'm reading. The main reason I sold my Tinymight is because I just didn't like inhaling so hard everytime I wanted a hit. Could not be more excited!!

Vapoz

Possibly resin leaking through the mouthpiece/carb? If you heat the Tempest upside down (cap down, mp up), then resin can leak through the cap and into the wand adapter. Heating right side up (cap up, mp down), and resin can leak through the mp. The only time this happened to me was when I was torching/spinning the Tempest right side up, I now torch the Tempest horizontally (Tempest horizontal, flame vertical) and do a weekly cleaning, so it hasn’t happened in awhile.
I'm gonna try to hold my tempest horizontal and the wand on the side. I also have it with the wooden stem, I think it's also because I'm feathering the carb cap.

The Tempest is perfect for MTL, it's the only vape that reminds me of smoking a J.

Enjoying my Tempest more and more each day 😁

I'm now finding myself using it, just for the sake of using it. Not when I need a hit, or want to be more stoned. I like using the Tempest.🤷‍♂️

Just like when I would have a doobie. I didn't always need one, but I enjoyed the actual exercise, physicality of smoking a doobie.

Totally recreated this feeling with my Tempest. Using it is addictive 😁💚
Indeed, using the Tempest is addictive ;)

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy

Welcome to the forum!

Here's a link from this thread to a video that gives you a good idea of vapor density. Don't think French inhaling is a problem.

link

TedJones

I love MTL with the Tempest. I mainly use it as if i'm smoking a J.
Always full bowl, usually take a first hit for a couple of seconds to get going and then i just take small puffs that give huge, dense clouds. I found that i get the best (most dense) results for this usage with the cap airflow 3/4 closed.
This is a nice technique for DTL as well! Just tried the first hit with bypass open on the most restrictive setting to get it going, then opened the bypass to the wide open setting to get the vape train rollin for the rest of the way. No carb cover of flutter needed that round 🔥 Attempted something similar awhile ago half way during heat up, but didn’t work so well.

ezpz

This is a nice technique for DTL as well! Just tried the first hit with bypass open on the most restrictive setting to get it going, then opened the bypass to the wide open setting to get the vape train rollin for the rest of the way. No carb cover of flutter needed that round 🔥 Attempted something similar awhile ago half way during heat up, but didn’t work so well.
I’ve been enjoying this technique lately. No need to cover/flutter the carb. Just wide open DTL hits. Very smooth vapor with very little draw resistance (pocketable bong), and surprisingly good clouds. Works good with the straw method to load the bowl.

kokolokokolokon

The Tempest is perfect for MTL, it's the only vape that reminds me of smoking a J.
The tempest can give mtl hits but in a strange way because i find it works better with more airflow. In theory you could get better mtl hits with the full closed airflow buy i find it doesn’t give you the same hits and the same number of hits

Medium to full open airflow + glass balls + some initial cigar puffs + long mtl/fast inhale mtl

kokolokokolokon

Here i share a mtl video. Things to say: this is with a little of hash, and this is not the first heat up…the first time i heated it up with nothing on the bowl :lol::lol: oops. I started to heat it the second time when the VI cool down until the first line.
Full open airflow. I will post 3 videos with the same material (herb) in halfbowl setting, with the helix, mtl hits, with the airflow closed, full opened and mid closed.

ahm123

The tempest can give mtl hits but in a strange way because i find it works better with more airflow. In theory you could get better mtl hits with the full closed airflow buy i find it doesn’t give you the same hits and the same number of hits

Medium to full open airflow + glass balls + some initial cigar puffs + long mtl/fast inhale mtl
where did you order your glass balls?

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
*stretches* finally able to stand at the computer again - so keen to see what I have missed over the last month and a bit and so keen to seen the latest VI and clicks n stuff... anyway... I should read the damn thread first but... its nice to just be able to stand here for a moment and just look :) and now I need glass balls and stuff to try :)

popitup

Does anyone have any tricks to stop the airflow sleeve from moving around so much by mistake? Or is this a me problem?

I guess I should add something of value while I'm here.

For a lazy cleaning, I pop the revolve out of the stem, and hold it tight inside a paper towel, then pull/spin it through my fingers to remove most of the reclaim (I don't care about saving it). I then disassemble the mouthpiece and wipe down the outside. Lastly, the internals get hit with a bamboo cotton swab. The stick helps me scrape a little.

This buys me another 20-30 decent sessions, improving airflow and taste before an iso bath.

ezpz

Does anyone have any tricks to stop the airflow sleeve from moving around so much by mistake?
The airflow sleeve on the tip/cap? I tightened the screw on top of the cap so the sleeve doesn’t move. Learned that because my sleeve wouldn’t budge when I first got it. Used it for about a week fully open before someone here said to loosen the screw first (thanks btw).
For a lazy cleaning, I pop the revolve out of the stem, and hold it tight inside a paper towel, then pull/spin it through my fingers to remove most of the reclaim (I don't care about saving it). I then disassemble the mouthpiece and wipe down the outside.
This actually works really well. After a sesh, I usually wipe with a paper towel before soaking. Gets most of the reclaim off, so less soaking time.

TedJones

Welcome back @VapingYogi ! Hope you’re doing well :tup:
Does anyone have any tricks to stop the airflow sleeve from moving around so much by mistake?
I’d try ezpz’s recommendation and to add, try handling the cap at the notch area at all times. At first I was screwing the cap on like others .. and it would shift sometimes. Had to get in that habit. Was also using leather to de-cap but moved to magnet.

TedJones,
Reactions: ezpz

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
@popitup my sleeve moves fairly easily as well, and the screw is plenty tight. I did remove my click disk, not sure if that might be part of the equation?

Timps27,
Reactions: ezpz
Top Bottom