The Tempest by Mad Heaters & Phatpiggie

Jojofernz

What's the device you use to heat the tempest with?

Jojofernz,
Reactions: bupbups

TedJones

What's up guys, when is the next presale or when is the tempest going on sale?

I'll be interested in getting in on the action as I've only heard good things!
Estimated for end of March ..
The click disc production won't be ready until the end of February, after the Chinese holiday. Currently end of March looks likely for the release.

dudeguy

So, about cleaning the Tempest. How often would you suggest to clean if you vape 1-2 bowls a day? Also reclaim buildup in the balls seems like a potential combustion hazard. Can you avoid that with proper handling or is it something that will happen sooner or later?

Still debating if the Tempest, TM2 or CouchLog will be my next vape. I already own an Ispire Wand so combustion with the Tempest shouldn't be an issue right?

dudeguy,

Feyd2blak

So, about cleaning the Tempest. How often would you suggest to clean if you vape 1-2 bowls a day? Also reclaim buildup in the balls seems like a potential combustion hazard. Can you avoid that with proper handling or is it something that will happen sooner or later?

Still debating if the Tempest, TM2 or CouchLog will be my next vape. I already own an Ispire Wand so combustion with the Tempest shouldn't be an issue right?
Clean as often as it needs, very easy to check inside and judge if needs it or pull the helix out for a check, 1 or 2 bowls a day would take a while to get dirty probably. Personally I haven't really seen much if any reclaim on the balls, I heat it standing in the wand so not taking any precautions, seen some slight brown discoloration but nothing major, almost always use flower though, hash might be different.

dudeguy

Glad to hear, dismantling the device every few weeks to clean the balls would have been a deal breaker. But I only use flower so this probably won't be needed often 🤔

dudeguy,

Feyd2blak

Glad to hear, dismantling the device every few weeks to clean the balls would have been a deal breaker. But I only use flower so this probably won't be needed often 🤔
You can actually clean the whole head without removing the balls if you choose, soak the whole thing in iso, you can remove the part that has the clicks discs and VI first

dudeguy

Sounds good, hopefully accidentally combusting the reclaim before realizing its time to clean up isn't a thing.

dudeguy,

kokolokokolokon

Sounds good, hopefully accidentally combusting the reclaim before realizing its time to clean up isn't a thing.
There are more possibilities to combust if you forget to let it cool down and use the same wand config
I feel when you get used to the tempest is hard to combust. Sometimes i try to extend the bowl and when I’m afraid i can combust…i see it just doesnt give me more vapor, without combustion

With hash you can go on and on. There is a risk that a little of hash sticks on the ball screen, it gets vaporized very well :lol: when you finish to hit it, you can open it with the reload and yhen, instead emptying the bowl with the relod debowler…you do it with the cap to quit that hash

The balls can get dirty with hash, but if the hash doesn’t go pass the screen…the balls get dirty with oil…and when you heat them you vaporize the oil (the balls get colored but nothing more)

Last edited:

popitup

~150+ sessions in. My usage style has changed slightly. On the first hit, I draw slowly to bring the heat over the material, and not waste the heat on my throat. The second hit is where I go to town, like I'm sucking a golfball through a garden hose. Third is where I milk whatever is left, which depends on strain and how soon I had a back-to-back session. I no longer attempt to reheat within a single session, it's not worth combusting.

I don't use either indicator, just 1 cycle in the wand, and use the light on the wand.

Per the advice in this thread, I used the reload's screwdriver to remove the indicator portion of the cap before cleaning, and remove the airflow adjustment sleeve. I was able to soak in iso, then rinse it through without removing the balls. The taste was better, and less harsh then when I left it on, which would make me cough occasionally.

That being said, getting the indicator back on was pretty nerve racking. Tiny pieces, my fat fingers, and the center hole wasn't aligned, meaning I couldn't get it to screw down flush. I took my time, despite panicking, and used the screwdriver to massage the indicator assembly back to the center.

Feyd2blak

~150+ sessions in. My usage style has changed slightly. On the first hit, I draw slowly to bring the heat over the material, and not waste the heat on my throat. The second hit is where I go to town, like I'm sucking a golfball through a garden hose. Third is where I milk whatever is left, which depends on strain and how soon I had a back-to-back session. I no longer attempt to reheat within a single session, it's not worth combusting.

I don't use either indicator, just 1 cycle in the wand, and use the light on the wand.

Per the advice in this thread, I used the reload's screwdriver to remove the indicator portion of the cap before cleaning, and remove the airflow adjustment sleeve. I was able to soak in iso, then rinse it through without removing the balls. The taste was better, and less harsh then when I left it on, which would make me cough occasionally.

That being said, getting the indicator back on was pretty nerve racking. Tiny pieces, my fat fingers, and the center hole wasn't aligned, meaning I couldn't get it to screw down flush. I took my time, despite panicking, and used the screwdriver to massage the indicator assembly back to the center.
Same, to both! I hit it exactly the same, nice slow flavour filled draw to prime it then a nice big hit, find re heating pointless, very little vapour and tastes bad. It is so fiddly just getting the top back on, even if you haven't removed the VI or anything, as you say it's just lining the bar up in the groove so the screw can slide in, hopefully gets easier with practise

Singularity Walker

When I remove the top, I use a Reload Key-Chain Crown and Mad Magnet.
My screw doesn't seem to stick to my Mad magnet like in the video about putting in the Click Disc & VI indicators.
As such my method to do such has been to use one of my Reload Key-chain Crown with a Mad Magnet on it.
I loosen the screw holding the indicator housing just enough so I can lift/spin it. At that point I drop it on the magnet and then just hand unscrew the rest of the cap from the VI housing by turning the cap. That keeps the screw centered and prevents the VI from being moved out of the slots.
Once done, I spin the cap on the screw until it is almost locked in place, then remove the VI housing from the magnet, finish aligning VI housing to cap and tighten the screw.

EDIT: to clarify. I don't do this for cleaning, just when I was messing around that was the system I came up with to make it easier.

Last edited:
Singularity Walker,
Reactions: cybrguy

TedJones

is there an issue with soaking the whole cap? that is all i have been doing and not removing anything.. the joy of it is that you can soak as is…no?
Not yet for mine. Click & VI still function fine. I’m just swishing it around in a baggie of iso for a couple of minutes, then rinse (every second or third cleaning). Only using flower so the iso is still clear with maybe a few specs of abv when said & done. Sits on the air purifier to dry out.

ahm123

can anyone recommend a wand battery charger that is made for that exact size? it’s annoying having to use the universal type charger and it’s all i’m finding..

ahm123,

KindBuddyBud

can anyone recommend a wand battery charger that is made for that exact size? it’s annoying having to use the universal type charger and it’s all i’m finding..
I get most of my 18650 batteries and
accessories from here

KindBuddyBud,
Reactions: TedJones

rebelFarmer

I remember folks talking about SiC balls, anyone got an update on this? Where are people getting them? Kinda wanting to try them, after I was too rough on the ball screen and dumped them in the de-bowler (flying too high... thought I was de-bowling LOL!)

Vapoz

I swapped the titanium stem with a wood one, after some use my hands were smelling like avb/the inside of a cu, anyone else has this?

Vapoz,

Wylie

Too weird to live, too rare to die.
This is a good charger -

used with a fast charger like this -

Wylie,

ezpz

I swapped the titanium stem with a wood one, after some use my hands were smelling like avb/the inside of a cu, anyone else has this?
Possibly resin leaking through the mouthpiece/carb? If you heat the Tempest upside down (cap down, mp up), then resin can leak through the cap and into the wand adapter. Heating right side up (cap up, mp down), and resin can leak through the mp. The only time this happened to me was when I was torching/spinning the Tempest right side up, I now torch the Tempest horizontally (Tempest horizontal, flame vertical) and do a weekly cleaning, so it hasn’t happened in awhile.

ezpz,
Reactions: TedJones
Top Bottom