The Tempest by Mad Heaters & Phatpiggie

Jojofernz

I only really like the tempest in half bowl setting. I struggle with getting an even roast full bow lately so I would imagine an XL being even harder maybe if it was designed a little different? I dunno half bowl rips super hard I don’t personally see a reason for a bigger bowl.

TedJones

maybe if it was designed a little different?
Wider bowl, larger cap with more balls, and maybe a larger shield you could use on the existing barrel. Or the stem and innards bigger all together too? 6-8 large hits using a re-heat possibly .. :lol:

TedJones,
Reactions: popitup

kokolokokolokon

Wider bowl, larger cap with more balls, and maybe a larger shield you could use on the existing barrel. Or the stem and innards bigger all together too? 6-8 large hits using a re-heat possibly .. :lol:
if you want 6/8 large hits then try to use SiC balls and oily hash.
A larger cap and bowl would mean a new design and a new calibration :whoa:…and the actual full bowl can hold the same as a xl anvil chamber

I see a positive point to have a 0.05-0.2 bowl in the butane devices like this more than a impediment

And damn 🤣 we are still waiting for the official release to ask for a xl version

BreadStick

Does the wand adapter for the tempest hold the tempest by itself or do you have to support it while heating? I was thinking it would be cool if there was an induction heater basically identical to the wand but the coil was rotated 90 degrees and you add some sort of mount to hold the tempest so that the induction heater+tempest would have a form factor similar to other battery vapes. But maybe this won't solve any problems bc the tempest is already easy enough to heat on the move.

BreadStick,

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
With the Wand lying flat the Tempest stands straight up by itself, no need to hold.
I don't have the Tempest yet but owning a similar style vape in the Stunner, I always heat with two hands and hold it with the tip pointing up, or at least sideways. I realize it's not hands free-and maybe not convenient for some but with any vape where the load could potentially spill into the heater, I always orient things in such a way to prevent this.

This simple change will keep the balls and tip cleaner and prevent cleaning problems while keeping the taste pristine since you avoid bits possibly falling onto the heater and/or resin sliding down into the cap via gravity. It might require some effort but I could probably setup a hands-free heating station that orients the Wand for heating with the tip facing up but I haven't bothered yet.

Since I like to take little pulls while heating as well, it also serves the purpose of heating the load a bit early so it becomes sticky. Once you've taken a draw the likelihood of the flower moving or falling is greatly reduced.

TigoleBitties,

Jess

Can you guys use dabs/concentrates in the tempest? If so is it just the sandwich method?
I typically do the sandwich method. Recently, since I have several screens, I put 2 screens in 1/2 bowl and had some temple ball hash by itself and was very successful. If I were to do full melt, I would probably sandwich it between 2 or 4 screens to contain it. I don’t have any to try right now to try. Also had to increase the heat.

Jess,

ahm123

the tempest is the gift that keeps on giving. i still hit this thing and laugh to myself with a smile at how good this thing is. i’ve had one since last year & the device just keeps on impressing me. i used to be a strictly glass revolve guy but i feel like i will always favor the titanium with this device. the wood is nice but nothing beats this classic imo :)

Singularity Walker

On the occasions I use the Tempest for concentrates, since I normally just leave my wand laying flat, I put the concentrate on the screen of the bowl (always half-bowl for me) then fill with weed.
I find this prevents drippage into the balls when heating because the concentrate will permeate the herb and not get to dripping that way..

ToatsOats

I typically do the sandwich method. Recently, since I have several screens, I put 2 screens in 1/2 bowl and had some temple ball hash by itself and was very successful. If I were to do full melt, I would probably sandwich it between 2 or 4 screens to contain it. I don’t have any to try right now to try. Also had to increase the heat.
how much heat did you increase? im using the wand right now at 590-600F

ToatsOats,

Jess

how much heat did you increase? im using the wand right now at 590-600F
Not that high as I end up burning it. So far I’ve been keeping the wand at 535-550. I like flavor and several hits. I usually vape my herb at about 500.

Jess,

Dabberhashery

electrobubblerizer
Can you guys use dabs/concentrates in the tempest? If so is it just the sandwich method?
I use some 100% cotton make up remover pads that I bought from amazon.

I just wrap a bit of concentrate in a bit of torn off cotton and use just enough to lightly fill the half bowl.

400c until time out is where I am now but can go a little higher, with my current setup 420c is as high as I've gone so far.

Dabberhashery,
Reactions: Jess

Wozz

Loving it 💚

I was already used to plenty of choice as I use a Revolve on my TM2. So instead of overwhelming myself my continually going through all configurations I've not changed the tube and I've left the cap only very slightly open.

But yeah, 😂 can't really add anything which hasn't already been said.

Everything I'd hoped for.
The visual indicator 💚
I'm using the lighter that came with my Vapman.
Tried a more powerful lighter a couple of times, but went back to the Vapman lighter. It works fine for me 🤷‍♂️
The control I have , watching that indicator, love it .
Sweet piece of kit, perfectly complimented by the Reload.

Reload totally shines, it was nice using it with my TM2, but you really can tell it is made for the Tempest. Joy to use together.

It really is the closest I've got to a doobie like experience. Form factor certainly helps with this mentally and I actually prefer the weight and feel over my grasshopper.

Proper happy 😁

Feyd2blak

Loving it 💚

I was already used to plenty of choice as I use a Revolve on my TM2. So instead of overwhelming myself my continually going through all configurations I've not changed the tube and I've left the cap only very slightly open.

But yeah, 😂 can't really add anything which hasn't already been said.

Everything I'd hoped for.
The visual indicator 💚
I'm using the lighter that came with my Vapman.
Tried a more powerful lighter a couple of times, but went back to the Vapman lighter. It works fine for me 🤷‍♂️
The control I have , watching that indicator, love it .
Sweet piece of kit, perfectly complimented by the Reload.

Reload totally shines, it was nice using it with my TM2, but you really can tell it is made for the Tempest. Joy to use together.

It really is the closest I've got to a doobie like experience. Form factor certainly helps with this mentally and I actually prefer the weight and feel over my grasshopper.

Proper happy 😁
Looks like that troll has been hitting it pretty hard as well :lol: glad your enjoying, I can't get over how nice it looks as well, just gave my wooden stem a little bit of bee wax and wow, really makes it sing, brought out the grain so nice.

Just managed to do 2 bowls back to back with no screen whatsoever :doh: clearly neglected to put it back after a cleaning. Worked a treat! Didn't notice until the debowler just kept going after 2nd bowl, didnt get anything through the mouth at all (direct flow tube, definitely better flavour for me) the weed just seemed to block the throat of the stem, few little bits further down the stem checking after the 2nd bowl. So going to experiment with a nug big enough to block the stem rather than a screen.
Think I have managed to damage my vi, won't go past the third notch now, even heating to extremes. I was worried when I dismantled it as was a bit rough, didn't see how the end clicks out of the mount so was stretching it, so take care! Not long for the replacement calibrated parts for the test kits hopefully.
Absolutely need a black Tempest, don't need a second T but really want that black with both wood stems, roll on March

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I keep hitting my Tempest empty. I've gotten in the habit of emptying the bowl but not refilling it right away for fear of losing goodness from conduction if I don't intend to hit it right away. Usually I've grabbed another vape for a hit or two, and when I get back to the Tempest, I forget to refill it. Level of buzz is a factor of course. And also of course, when I get that empty hit, it's like, duh.

Top Bottom