The Tempest by Mad Heaters & Phatpiggie

dudeguy

Glad I found this thread, I really like the idea of a ball vape but don't like having to deal with a huge desktop unit and bong all the time. The Tempest looks like it might just be the best alternative. One question though, is the vapor easy on the throat? I like my Mighty but find it really harsh to use after a while so I hope the Tempest is a little bit gentler. It will release in the EU too in March, right?

mcscruffy

Glad I found this thread, I really like the idea of a ball vape but don't like having to deal with a huge desktop unit and bong all the time. The Tempest looks like it might just be the best alternative. One question though, is the vapor easy on the throat? I like my Mighty but find it really harsh to use after a while so I hope the Tempest is a little bit gentler. It will release in the EU too in March, right?
Having used mine probably 1000 times in the few months I've had it, I can say it is absolutely easy on the throat. Even high temp heats and sessions are pretty smooth until the device itself is too hot for me too hold (not common, only when I'm REALLY looking to rip multiple bowls in quick succession).

In fact, most the time I use it I don't even know for sure if I got vapor until I exhale and taste and see it.

RedZep

It replaced my B0. I never looked back. I never liked the huge footprint of a desktop ball vape. Or the large glass pieces and heat up time etc.

The cooling settings of the stem ensure that it is never too hot. You have too much leeway to set it how you want. Most users are not using the maximum cooling capabilities and are still comfortable using native.

RedZep

Lately I’ve been using one of the two highest airflow/open bypass settings (either side of middle). Compensating by trying to get the cap as hot as I can without overdoing. Some nice big DTL pulls for sure.
I always thought I would find my favourite setting, then just leave it. But what has actually happened is I've developed an instinctive understanding of how to set it depending on what I want/need at the time.

I'm always swapping stems, switching to glass pieces, J-hook, going from full bowl to half bowl, switching out the flow tubes. It's no longer due to experimentation, I simply love the versatility and enjoy each modality for different reasons.

bupbups

Anyone go from daily desktop ball vape use to solely using the tempest?

I love my tidow but I'm just want something I can have by the couch, baby is getting to the age where they can grab it from the table etc so need something safer but I've high tolerance so gonna need something special to give a new daily. From what I've read this is gonna do it but interested in actual feedback if anyone has any free time and they'd like to share.

bupbups,
Reactions: jardri

techtoker

Anyone tried Tempest with VHB 3D 3S or can share view? Worth getting over Wand?

Anyway, I can't seem to get in contact with VHB via it's mail...and the mentioned model is listed as sold out.
My VHB 3D (plugs into the wall and has an exposed coil) arrived shortly after my tempest.

Not having to think about batteries is a game changer, and it heats up very quickly compared to the torch and wand. I've adjusted the height to the sweet spot for the most even extraction.

My tempest doesn't have a clicker, but the the VHB 3D cycles through a colored light pattern, and I've managed to dial in the timing based off the lights.

I definitely recommend one if you can get it!

It took a while to get my unit, and he mentioned that he got a new job and there were quite a few backorders. He also mentioned a new design that comes with a timer as well!

RedZep

I love my tidow but I'm just want something I can have by the couch, baby is getting to the age where they can grab it from the table etc so need something safer but I've high tolerance so gonna need something special to give a new daily. From what I've read this is gonna do it but interested in actual feedback if anyone has any free time and they'd like to share.
Yeah I sold my B0 a month after having the Tempest. Haven't had a single moment of regret.

Depends of the user though. I already disliked several things about desktop ball vapes.

Smknbud

My VHB 3D (plugs into the wall and has an exposed coil) arrived shortly after my tempest.

Not having to think about batteries is a game changer, and it heats up very quickly compared to the torch and wand. I've adjusted the height to the sweet spot for the most even extraction.

My tempest doesn't have a clicker, but the the VHB 3D cycles through a colored light pattern, and I've managed to dial in the timing based off the lights.

I definitely recommend one if you can get it!

It took a while to get my unit, and he mentioned that he got a new job and there were quite a few backorders. He also mentioned a new design that comes with a timer as well!
Not something for me personally. I'll suffer through changing/charging batteries for the convenience of portability any day over something like this.

RedeyeDezign

Accessory Maker

Yes, I used my desktop ball vape daily before receiving the Tempest. I mainly used the ball vape after work, and ran a Revolve dyna setup for daytime. I really wanted the Tempest to replace the dyna setup for better on the go consumption, but to my surprise it has (almost) completely replaced the desktop ball vape as well. I still pull out the desktop on the weekends sometimes just to change it up. I think the Tempest has also helped me save flower. I dont go thru as much now that I'm not using the desktop everyday.

Beansuppa

Apart from the cut outs, are the Tempest wood sleeves effectively the same as the Revolve 2 wood sleeves?

Very similar, almost identical. Not sure if it's the case on all of them but the bevel on the tip end is a bit larger on my revolve 2 stem...but otherwise they're no different. Maybe the diameter has changed slightly too, but I don't have calipers to check precisely.

I think the cutouts to mark the condenser position as well as the ones further down are great QOL additions. The ones at the bottom help prevent the vape from rolling around when it's laid down.

Beansuppa,
Reactions: Brenyo

rebelFarmer

Hey nice catch!
how many can you fit of them inside? Are 90 enough?

Did you have the time to experiment with it?
Is the difference in diameter affecting the tightness of the draw?
Noticeable difference in temperatures/flavour?
This is extra interesting to me, I felt a bit rushed using it on a break while out in -10C weather doing some work, I could see myself having a winter and summer set up maybe?

rebelFarmer,

bupbups

Yes, I used my desktop ball vape daily before receiving the Tempest. I mainly used the ball vape after work, and ran a Revolve dyna setup for daytime. I really wanted the Tempest to replace the dyna setup for better on the go consumption, but to my surprise it has (almost) completely replaced the desktop ball vape as well. I still pull out the desktop on the weekends sometimes just to change it up. I think the Tempest has also helped me save flower. I dont go thru as much now that I'm not using the desktop everyday.
think the Tempest has also helped me save flower. I dont go thru as much now that I'm not using the desktop everyday.
This is the exact reason I'm buying the tempest, I need something portable, I had the crafty and thought it was terrible so venty etc is a no go for me to take me away from the ball vape but..... I'm using well too much flower compared to even just before Christmas and I'm getting too greedy with the tidow so I was already hopeful the tempest might help me save flower and it seems like it's definitely gonna do that.

Thank you.

Now, to burn through flower like a mad man until she arrives 😬

RedZep

This is the exact reason I'm buying the tempest, I need something portable, I had the crafty and thought it was terrible so venty etc is a no go for me to take me away from the ball vape but..... I'm using well too much flower compared to even just before Christmas and I'm getting too greedy with the tidow so I was already hopeful the tempest might help me save flower and it seems like it's definitely gonna do that.

Thank you.

Now, to burn through flower like a mad man until she arrives 😬
My daily dose used to be around 0.5g. Lately with Tempest at half bowl setting I'm using half that, and feel just as medicated. The potency can really catch you by surprise when you get it just right.

Jess

I finally received the Tempest Saturday after almost 2 weeks. Tracking didn’t update and said I was getting it next week. Lucky me! I come from mainly using Dynavap style vapes as well as the TM2. I am very impressed with the quality of the build. I don’t know what else to say that hasn’t been said. It is a little taller than I thought and a bit more girth then the pens I used. I included a pic of 2 small Simrell pens for comparison. I did get both wooden sleeves and I feel like I’m ripping Mad Heaters off as they only charge so little for something much more expensive say at Simrell. I am in aww with the beauty and quality of the Rosewood sleeve. The pics don’t do it justice and haven’t even used the titanium or black sleeve. I just can’t get over the look. I’ve used it about 10 times total (I know lightweight) and let my neighbor use it and he’s going to order one when it’s available. I am only using the ½ bowl as that is closer to the amount I’m used to. I don’t want the same thing to happen with my tolerance when I use the Vapbong. I need to keep myself in check. Oh I must admit that my abv is so even. One of the things I dislike about the Dynavap style pens is that the abv is always uneven. It’s usually roasted up top of the cap, but the lower part of the bowl is usually not as roasted. The Tempest is on point with the ABV all equal. Reminds me of the bigger bowl on the Vapbong. That in itself for me makes me happy.

I did manage to find a carrying solution in the meantime and hope it’ll help you guys until we get the sleeve. I tried my extra Simrell stashes but the Tempest is girthy and didn’t fit. Thanks to my hording ways I kept a Dynavap stash box that I bought a while back. Low and behold, if you take the cap off the stem, they will fit in the box. It was made for carrying extra flower and a dab in the black silicone part. So, the cap fits in that space where the flower goes and the body fits in the other section perfectly. I decided to take it to the farmers market and was sublime. I felt much better about not scratching my new device and the box itself wasn’t too expensive. It works and I think the Purpleheart compliments it a little.

I did find that my magnet on the V1 reload works with the Tempest. I know it’s not supposed to be used with it but I didn’t see an issue except sliding the cap to the side to grip it. That obviously won’t fit, but don’t think it’s necessary as I leave the cap not twisted tight and the magnet holds like the V2. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ They only had black reload v2, man I wanted the aluminum color. But it’s growing on me.

In conclusion, get one. Get 2 if possible. This game changing device is here to stay for the long run.

P.S. sorry for the long post. Got excited.

vink

I finally received the Tempest Saturday after almost 2 weeks. Tracking didn’t update and said I was getting it next week. Lucky me! I come from mainly using Dynavap style vapes as well as the TM2. I am very impressed with the quality of the build. I don’t know what else to say that hasn’t been said. It is a little taller than I thought and a bit more girth then the pens I used. I included a pic of 2 small Simrell pens for comparison. I did get both wooden sleeves and I feel like I’m ripping Mad Heaters off as they only charge so little for something much more expensive say at Simrell. I am in aww with the beauty and quality of the Rosewood sleeve. The pics don’t do it justice and haven’t even used the titanium or black sleeve. I just can’t get over the look. I’ve used it about 10 times total (I know lightweight) and let my neighbor use it and he’s going to order one when it’s available. I am only using the ½ bowl as that is closer to the amount I’m used to. I don’t want the same thing to happen with my tolerance when I use the Vapbong. I need to keep myself in check. Oh I must admit that my abv is so even. One of the things I dislike about the Dynavap style pens is that the abv is always uneven. It’s usually roasted up top of the cap, but the lower part of the bowl is usually not as roasted. The Tempest is on point with the ABV all equal. Reminds me of the bigger bowl on the Vapbong. That in itself for me makes me happy.

I did manage to find a carrying solution in the meantime and hope it’ll help you guys until we get the sleeve. I tried my extra Simrell stashes but the Tempest is girthy and didn’t fit. Thanks to my hording ways I kept a Dynavap stash box that I bought a while back. Low and behold, if you take the cap off the stem, they will fit in the box. It was made for carrying extra flower and a dab in the black silicone part. So, the cap fits in that space where the flower goes and the body fits in the other section perfectly. I decided to take it to the farmers market and was sublime. I felt much better about not scratching my new device and the box itself wasn’t too expensive. It works and I think the Purpleheart compliments it a little.

I did find that my magnet on the V1 reload works with the Tempest. I know it’s not supposed to be used with it but I didn’t see an issue except sliding the cap to the side to grip it. That obviously won’t fit, but don’t think it’s necessary as I leave the cap not twisted tight and the magnet holds like the V2. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ They only had black reload v2, man I wanted the aluminum color. But it’s growing on me.

In conclusion, get one. Get 2 if possible. This game changing device is here to stay for the long run.

P.S. sorry for the long post. Got excited.

How would you compare the high between the tm2, dyna and tempest? I am currently rotating between my tm2 for quick cbd or balanced hits during the afternoon, my dyna at half bowl for quick body buzz at the end of day and finish the night with my solo 2 for taste and to relax. I’m hesitating between getting a revolve for my dyna or waiting to get the tempest. I would still want a heavy body buzz compared to my tm2…

vink,
Reactions: Jess
Top Bottom