The Tempest by Mad Heaters & Phatpiggie

rebelFarmer

I can't wait until I can get a ebony sleave, very cool.

I wonder if you can feel the click discs as you can on some devices (Anvil for example), I haven't used a tempest with click discs yet (obviously)

I know you weren't asking me but, I have been playing with the ThermoCore oven lately because the clicks honestly, and its a very different experience to the Tempest. I have stopped comparing them. I think they are both great for different experiences.
You can feel it, I don't pay it much heed though; I find I run until timeout on my wand and then use the VI for follow ups (which I rarely do, better to just keep chasing flavour!).

So... it turns out that there's a glaring issue with the Tempest that I'm not sure can be rectified.

It seems that for some reason, Brenyo must have decided to install a hidden feature to make the user immediately cease their vape rotation, and instead exclusively use the Tempest without regard for any other device!
I truly believed that I once had an Anvil that I frolicked through meadows with, picturesque picnics for 2 with just Tinymight & I, and slurping the last back alley noodle with the FlowerPot as our lips met in the middle... Now they're all just distant memories that have left me with some sort of phantom-vape syndrome where they used to be.

If you're reading this Brenyo, my suggestion is to stop making such refined, über-functional masterpieces so that our future may not be entirely dominated by a monopoly of singularly perfect vapes, and make sure MadHeaters version of Skynet with Tempest-800's wanting all of our clothes, boots & motorcycles doesn't become a reality.

But in all seriousness, it boggles the mind just how effective this device is in comparison to essentially every other vape I've tried, and feels like the closest analogue to actually smoking again (which in hindsight as I write this, is rather strange that subconsciously I've almost come full circle in quitting combustion over the past several years just to find the closest alternative that effectively replicates the feeling without all of the negatives associated)
On top of that, the wand has allowed me to not only perfectly dial in my preferred extraction, but also totally automate the heating process. Hell, there's even redundancies such as the visual indicator and snap discs so all of your senses are essentially covered.
The cherry on the top being the sheer versatility and granularity of adjustability within such a small form factor! Each setting having a noticeable impact and really making it feel like a Swiss army Vape that I can use anywhere, anywhen & anyhow!

The only improvement I can think of, is somehow storing the heat for longer to allow for an increased extraction time, maybe in some sort of cigar-like form factor? But honestly, that's about as nitpicky as I can get, realistically I'm more than happy with the functionality as is!

Thank you for the incredible engineering and creativity it took to create such an amazing device Brenyo, and thank you to everyone on this forum for the insightful contributions and building my expectations enough to help me decide to make this purchase!

An absolutely wonderful community that I'm happy to be a part of. :)

lluther

So... it turns out that there's a glaring issue with the Tempest that I'm not sure can be rectified.

It seems that for some reason, Brenyo must have decided to install a hidden feature to make the user immediately cease their vape rotation, and instead exclusively use the Tempest without regard for any other device!
I truly believed that I once had an Anvil that I frolicked through meadows with, picturesque picnics for 2 with just Tinymight & I, and slurping the last back alley noodle with the FlowerPot as our lips met in the middle... Now they're all just distant memories that have left me with some sort of phantom-vape syndrome where they used to be.

If you're reading this Brenyo, my suggestion is to stop making such refined, über-functional masterpieces so that our future may not be entirely dominated by a monopoly of singularly perfect vapes, and make sure MadHeaters version of Skynet with Tempest-800's wanting all of our clothes, boots & motorcycles doesn't become a reality.

But in all seriousness, it boggles the mind just how effective this device is in comparison to essentially every other vape I've tried, and feels like the closest analogue to actually smoking again (which in hindsight as I write this, is rather strange that subconsciously I've almost come full circle in quitting combustion over the past several years just to find the closest alternative that effectively replicates the feeling without all of the negatives associated)
On top of that, the wand has allowed me to not only perfectly dial in my preferred extraction, but also totally automate the heating process. Hell, there's even redundancies such as the visual indicator and snap discs so all of your senses are essentially covered.
The cherry on the top being the sheer versatility and granularity of adjustability within such a small form factor! Each setting having a noticeable impact and really making it feel like a Swiss army Vape that I can use anywhere, anywhen & anyhow!

The only improvement I can think of, is somehow storing the heat for longer to allow for an increased extraction time, maybe in some sort of cigar-like form factor? But honestly, that's about as nitpicky as I can get, realistically I'm more than happy with the functionality as is!

Thank you for the incredible engineering and creativity it took to create such an amazing device Brenyo, and thank you to everyone on this forum for the insightful contributions and building my expectations enough to help me decide to make this purchase!

Here here!

Brenyo

Manufacturer
Good news, seems like finally we got the clicks right and the new batch of VI's are ready as well. Hopefully these will work perfectly.
The remaining orders will be sent out in about 2 weeks with the new VI and there will be a few more kits available before the release.

The click disc production won't be ready until the end of February, after the Chinese holiday. Currently end of March looks likely for the release.

This is how the final indicators will work.
First it's heated until time out at 280C,
then on the 2nd part of the video it's heated until the led stops blinking at 400C which is about the same temp as the previous heating method. Then we overheat with the IH where the indicator reaches the end and a little more with a torch to test if the spring can get stuck or the leg get out of it's hole on the side.

Last edited:

RedZep

I'm afraid to report this issue is permanent. Still no sign of my rotation going back to normal. Tempest demands 90% of vape rotation time, which is shockingly high, and needs to be taken into account by potential buyers.

Feyd2blak

Good news, seems like finally we got the clicks right and the new batch of VI's are ready as well. Hopefully these will work perfectly.
The remaining orders will be sent out in about 2 weeks with the new VI and there will be a few more kits available before the release.

The click disc production won't be ready until the end of February, after the Chinese holiday. Currently end of March looks likely for the release.

then on the 2nd part of the video it's heated until the led stops blinking at 400C which is about the same temp as the previous heating method. Then we overheat with the IH where the indicator reaches the end and a little more with a torch to test if the spring can get stuck or the leg get out of it's hole on the side.

Great news, you must be stoked to have got them sorted to your high standards, looks perfect :clap:

HaggisHunter

Got mine around 23rd November, there was a cameo appearance from another vape last week, but the tempest took centre stage again almost immediately after, and hasn't let go of the limelight yet....

rebelFarmer

I got a big ball vape (hifive) during black friday sales, I do use it, but mainly due to the bowl size and the nature of the coil means I do not need to reheat; it is a very different device in that way. I find the tempest in comparison uses much less herb, flavour is probably slight better (although perhaps I have it dialed in better). Both being equal they both serve their place, if I could only have one I would pick the tempest.

KindBuddyBud

👏👏👏 well done.
Edit:
standing ovation applause GIF

Last edited:

aliensurfer

Each time a new device is announced/released, I'm usually very content with what I own, and I've been very successful in keeping VAS at bay. But the Tempest has managed to pique my interest in a way others haven't, and I feel very compelled to own one.

When is the Tempest scheduled for release?

aliensurfer,

Wozz

Each time a new device is announced/released, I'm usually very content with what I own, and I've been very successful in keeping VAS at bay. But the Tempest has managed to pique my interest in a way others haven't, and I feel very compelled to own one.

When is the Tempest scheduled for release?
Currently looking like the end of March.

Falconflys

Any chance the new parts would have made it into my shipment from last week's drop?

Falconflys,

rebelFarmer

Went to grab a new screen from the box it came in today and saw my old trusty vong, the vape that almost made me quit combusting many times! I intended to retry the non direct tube again... but got sidetracked. The vong with no condenser hit hard and is gonna remain in rotation as a nice adapter for my glass ware, a mega globe that I certainly overwhelmed with the lungs of vapour I just pulled from my tempest.

bupbups

Holy shit, why did I read this just before bed, the fucking excitement in me, I'll never sleep 🥹

Jojofernz

Went to grab a new screen from the box it came in today and saw my old trusty vong, the vape that almost made me quit combusting many times! I intended to retry the non direct tube again... but got sidetracked. The vong with no condenser hit hard and is gonna remain in rotation as a nice adapter for my glass ware, a mega globe that I certainly overwhelmed with the lungs of vapour I just pulled from my tempest.
The VonG body is what I’ve been using as my WPA for the Tempest, it’s perfect, I have a wood one and it handles the heat of multiple back to back bowls very well

dtrdrk

Since i dont like the idea of dedicating my wand exclusively to the tempest, i found some cork sticks with 12mm diameter. I guess i could cut them to the according length and insert temporary into the wand adapter for heating my dynavaps?
If so, does anyone know how long these would need to be, if i want the dynavap to sit at the correct hight within the tempest adapter?

DNice

Ouh baby ... it just arrived. :rockon:
I have the blue body with the black shield and wow are those colours beautiful :love:
Unfortunately I still have some work to do today, but I will report back later with some first impressions and also some pics so you can see how great this thing looks.

Really can't wait to finally use this thing!

El Duderino

The Dude abides.
Since i dont like the idea of dedicating my wand exclusively to the tempest, i found some cork sticks with 12mm diameter. I guess i could cut them to the according length and insert temporary into the wand adapter for heating my dynavaps?
If so, does anyone know how long these would need to be, if i want the dynavap to sit at the correct hight within the tempest adapter?

In what way does the Tempest adapter not fit? Sure, it will have a larger diameter than the DV, but is it also too deep?

My plan was to always leave the Tempest adapter in the Wand and simply place the DV in it or otherwise hold it by hand in case it tips over. Is that not possible?

EDIT: I don't own a Tempest yet, so I can't check it myself...

El Duderino,

jbm

Update: after a couple days being distracted by the TM2, I’ve switched to the direct tube for use dry with the Prophet. Was alternating some delicious Chemdawg 91xAfghan Kush from Ocean Grown Trees with Blue Kosmos from Holy City Farms. With the wand the Tempest is just the simplest and tastiest vape I have. Paired with the Reload it’s game over.

Jojofernz

It works fine without adjusting anything using a Dynavap. Busted out a Dynavap the other day to play with and works just fine in the tempest adapter

Top Bottom