The Tempest by Mad Heaters & Phatpiggie

RedZep

I love the idea of having a Tempest, a reaload and an IH, and not needing anything else. The less gear I need the better. For me that is a big plus.
It's just like that. My other vapes are supplementary now. It's made me appreciate brick butane vapes more as I get the enjoyment of technique mastery, and some sessions are great, some not so great.

Tempest holds it down for an efficient, elegant, repeatable experience though. I would recommend Tempest in a heart beat to users who just want one device.

jbm

Maybe the stem setup makes a difference too? I have been using the direct tube mostly. Maybe when using the helix tube the vapor stays longer/travels around more in the stem/bowl thus condensing more (on the screen)?
I’m using the helix tube and my screen is quite clean. No brushing or cleaning.

Cannabiker

About the heathshield, mine moves near the mouthpioece, at the opposite side of the o-ring. I tried to make a video to see and hear.
I appreciate @Brenyo stepping in to acknowledge this is normal. I assumed that it must be, given the design, but it was good to have that confirmed.

Still, I agree that it can be annoying. It only rattles when you handle it in a particular way--most of the time it feels tight. So when it does rattle, it feels like something is wrong. Usually I assume the bowl is loose, and I check that before I realize it's just the heat shield. I'm a slow learner.

I've corrected it on mine with an extra o-ring in the last slot between cooling fins. I had tried putting one behind the last fin, but that stopped the shield from installing completely. In front of the last fin, it doesn't interfere. It needs to be a fairly thick o-ring. The smaller of the two o-rings which hold a Mighty CU together works perfectly, and the blue color almost matches my green/blue Tempest.

You can just barely see it peeking out through the slots in the shield, to the left side:

53430592012_5851dc1528_c_d.jpg

Last edited:

Duba

Accessory Maker
Still, I agree that it can be annoying. It only rattles when you handle it in a particular way--most of the time it feels tight. So when it does rattle, it feels like something is wrong. Usually I assume the bowl is loose, and I check that before I realize it's just the heat shield. I'm a slow learner.
I could have written these words, they correspond to what's happening to me. And every now and then, I say to myself that for a device of this quality, it's a shame to have such a "cheap" noise and feeling.
I'll try to find an O-ring like you did, thanks for the tip.

TedJones

I’ve thought about making some kind of mechanical spinner holder or whatever, for a table.. hmm.
Well, didn’t make, just bought a jewelry display stand on amazon. More steady than my hand and fingers for sure. Still playing around with it and will come up with a permanent fixture, but here is a few seconds of it turning:lmao:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
*waves* Well that's been a most messed up Christmas period in a while... I've missed FC...

I have a bunch of stuff that arrived over this period that I haven't had a chance to use properly but I got the scrubwoofer heat sink which is really good actually... It helps cool the cap quicker which is nice, I just wish it was magnetic so I could undo the cap while it was in there *shrugs*

I also found something that has enabled me to dial in my timings when heating the Tempest using the wand which has greatly improved the experience of running multipe bowls in a row as I have a much better understanding of the timings when warm or hot... I am still on the edge of my seat for the click discs and VI... but I have a better understanding now.

Small silver lining...

BushRanger

Hit It & Quit It
I got the scrubwoofer heat sink which is really good actually... It helps cool the cap quicker which is nice, I just wish it was magnetic so I could undo the cap while it was in there *shrugs*
It has a weak magnet purposely, as with stronger you would struggle pulling Tempest out of stand cuz you can't just tilt it on side as with Reload magnet.

@Jojofernz @cybrguy No worries, shouldn't be a hassle having the Wand replaced or even money returned. It just made me think if this was the sign I should part my ways with Wand as I really don't like the smell coming out of its hole lol. But it for sure made me realize I want some kind of IH to complement the torch. It makes everything so easy and discreet.

BushRanger,
Reactions: TedJones

Brenyo

Manufacturer
I could have written these words, they correspond to what's happening to me. And every now and then, I say to myself that for a device of this quality, it's a shame to have such a "cheap" noise and feeling.
Are you sure that it's not the spinning mouthpiece moving around while using it? It does feel like a loose cap to me too sometimes, but it's not the HS. Try to lock the MP

Duba

Accessory Maker
Are you sure that it's not the spinning mouthpiece moving around while using it? It does feel like a loose cap to me too sometimes, but it's not the HS. Try to lock the MP
Not for me. I don't use the spinning mouthpiece. it occurs where I showed it in a previous video, at the end of the heatshield.

BushRanger

Hit It & Quit It
Not for me. I don't use the spinning mouthpiece. it occurs where I showed it in a previous video, at the end of the heatshield.
I also have that issue. Could that be the tip of direct/helix tube touching outer walls when mouthpiece tilted a little, due to some loossines that orings provide?

BushRanger,
Reactions: Duba

TedJones

Since the last couple of cleanings, my shield has been solid. For the orings, I get a smidge of lip balm (from lips), on finger. Lightly coat all except 2 at airflow “base”. Like this tight for airflow tuning. Then wipe off with a dry finger.

Also took off the ring suspending the shield (during cleaning) which I hadn’t done before. Might have helped..

TedJones,

Jojofernz

I don’t think I’ve been able to remove my heat shield since I first got the tempest lol and I’m not sure how I would, my problem seems to be the opposite as my shield is rock solid in place.

Jojofernz,
Reactions: ezpz

TedJones

I don’t think I’ve been able to remove my heat shield since I first got the tempest lol and I’m not sure how I would, my problem seems to be the opposite as my shield is rock solid in place.
Dang .. so you clean with it on/intact? That works! Must really be on there good lol.

TedJones,

Jojofernz

Dang .. so you clean with it on/intact? That works! Must really be on there good lol.
Yeah! I haven’t been able to get it off, granted I haven’t tried any desperate tactics but each time I clean it, it won’t come apart so o just wash and rinse as best I can before putting it back together

Jojofernz,
Reactions: ezpz

sedentree

*waves* Well that's been a most messed up Christmas period in a while... I've missed FC...

I have a bunch of stuff that arrived over this period that I haven't had a chance to use properly but I got the scrubwoofer heat sink which is really good actually... It helps cool the cap quicker which is nice, I just wish it was magnetic so I could undo the cap while it was in there *shrugs*

I also found something that has enabled me to dial in my timings when heating the Tempest using the wand which has greatly improved the experience of running multipe bowls in a row as I have a much better understanding of the timings when warm or hot... I am still on the edge of my seat for the click discs and VI... but I have a better understanding now.

Small silver lining...

Re the scruffywoofer stand, one thing I am mildly interested in finding out, does the height of the anvil one provide any benefit for the the tempest over the one the tempest currently sits in?

sedentree,
Top Bottom