The Tempest by Mad Heaters & Phatpiggie

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
Does Rosin work in the Tempest well?
Yes, its able to extract it very very efficiently

I seem to be treating the Tempest the same way a Navy seal treats his rifle. Cleaning is so easy that it's actually fun keeping on top of. I never had that with other vapes. I would usually wait as long as possible before cleaning. I love the feeling of waking up to a clean Tempest, charged wand batteries, and ground herb in the reload. Feels like the universe is in order.
as proved by my 30 days cap cleaning cycle, I used to wait forever... but glassware its everyday as I hate it otherwise and appartently, its every night with the Tempest and 100% its like a rifle, I want it cleaned, put together properly and ready to fire that perfect shot ever time :)

Oh and I did the spiral honey covered nug this morning and it has changed my plans for the day. I wasn't expecting that kind of potency. I can barely open my eyes. I think I will only do that in the evenings in future :D
<3 love that... if I didn't have something else to use I would be collecting it on some parchment paper every couple of days, keep the parchment paper somewhere cool and keep adding to it until I can make a proper couple of bowl sized moon rocks :)

shadymilkman

It’s not planned, I don’t think I could sell enough of them to justify a production.

No, that date was never announced. Best case is end of January now, the click discs are still not ready :(

Sounds like it's worth it.. just gotta stay patient, but you early adopters are not making it easy, sheesh..

@Brenyo any word on the extra colors (gun metal/matte black dlc)

Jojofernz

I could see cleaning the head every day if you’re running rosin or concentrates through it all the time getting dirty, but I thought that was the part that Brenyo said that needed to be hardly cleaned? I love that the tempest requires so little cleaning, Dynavaps I was cleaning every other day or nearly daily to keep it clean enough for use. I’ll still clean the tempest every maybe 3rd day unless I’ve combusted, and the nice thing about it is how easy each part is to clean. I will say the head too is crazy easy to clean. Can do a deep clean on the balls by dumping them out. Or keep it all together, soak, rinse, dry and run a dry session.

Anyway! Had my first screen issue, think it was my fault prior cleaning one of them. But yesterday I tried half-bowl out, which was super hard to get into, and when emptying out the screen came out again. This time though it kept folding into itself, and I was not able to get it into half or full screen setting. I was out and about so didn’t have the back up screens, but I did have my POTV Lobo screen that sits right above tue bowl.

Lo and behold was the perfect fit for the full bowl setting. I don’t know the size of these screens specifically, but I hardly use them in my Lobo anyway since I use dosing capsules, but gonna try running these screens and see how they compare to the tempest ones. I know the tempest ones aren’t the final version but I like how they don’t clog that easy. That’s what I wanna test, see how quickly this other screen becomes too dirty for function.

Such a delight this vape. I’m also just use it just to use it sometimes. Not even needing too but want too cause it’s fun. I think I will absolutely have to get a second. Been getting rid of all my dynas as now they just sit and I don’t like that.

Aegisz

Oh and I did the spiral honey covered nug this morning and it has changed my plans for the day. I wasn't expecting that kind of potency. I can barely open my eyes. I think I will only do that in the evenings in future :D

I tried to warn you, if my experience is anything to go by you'll never be prepared for it. :rofl:
No, that date was never announced. Best case is end of January now, the click discs are still not ready :(

That's a shame but I know as soon as the Tempest is in hand any time waiting will be quickly forgotten.

Have you finalised the colours and do you have an idea of when pre-orders may go live?

Aegisz,
Reactions: RedZep

TedJones

I bought a box of 10 mm screens long ago for a different vape. They fit nice & snug in the half bowl setting. They’re a finer mesh than the ones supplied, but was surprised it didn’t make much of a difference on the draw to me.

TedJones,
Reactions: ezpz

ezpz

Question. How do I close the airflow adjustment on the cap? I’m squeezing the induction layer at different points and turning, but nothing moves. And I can’t seem to find the video showing it now. TIA.

ezpz,

RedZep

I could see cleaning the head every day if you’re running rosin or concentrates through it all the time getting dirty, but I thought that was the part that Brenyo said that needed to be hardly cleaned? I love that the tempest requires so little cleaning, Dynavaps I was cleaning every other day or nearly daily to keep it clean enough for use. I’ll still clean the tempest every maybe 3rd day unless I’ve combusted, and the nice thing about it is how easy each part is to clean. I will say the head too is crazy easy to clean. Can do a deep clean on the balls by dumping them out. Or keep it all together, soak, rinse, dry and run a dry session.

Anyway! Had my first screen issue, think it was my fault prior cleaning one of them. But yesterday I tried half-bowl out, which was super hard to get into, and when emptying out the screen came out again. This time though it kept folding into itself, and I was not able to get it into half or full screen setting. I was out and about so didn’t have the back up screens, but I did have my POTV Lobo screen that sits right above tue bowl.

Lo and behold was the perfect fit for the full bowl setting. I don’t know the size of these screens specifically, but I hardly use them in my Lobo anyway since I use dosing capsules, but gonna try running these screens and see how they compare to the tempest ones. I know the tempest ones aren’t the final version but I like how they don’t clog that easy. That’s what I wanna test, see how quickly this other screen becomes too dirty for function.

Such a delight this vape. I’m also just use it just to use it sometimes. Not even needing too but want too cause it’s fun. I think I will absolutely have to get a second. Been getting rid of all my dynas as now they just sit and I don’t like that.
Doesn't need it. I went 3 months before I cleaned the cal/balls once. But I clean my tip quite often, to make sure the screen is clear for max airflow, and I now find cleaning the cap with it is very easy. So I think I will keep more on top of it.

Anyone have tips on how to remove the wand adaptor? I want to trim the silicone, but I can't get it out.

Jojofernz

Doesn't need it. I went 3 months before I cleaned the cal/balls once. But I clean my tip quite often, to make sure the screen is clear for max airflow, and I now find cleaning the cap with it is very easy. So I think I will keep more on top of it.

Anyone have tips on how to remove the wand adaptor? I want to trim the silicone, but I can't get it out.
I pushed with the tempest to get the adaptor out to trim it.

TedJones

Question. How do I close the airflow adjustment on the cap? I’m squeezing the induction layer at different points and turning, but nothing moves. And I can’t seem to find the video showing it now. TIA.
Did you get it to turn? Think mine was a bit more harder when new. May need to poke a ball out of the way holding it up? Here is mine rotating.

PeePhlegm

Think I remember someone saying you need to loosen the screw on top ever so slightly and it will spin

ezpz

Did you get it to turn? Think mine was a bit more harder when new. May need to poke a ball out of the way holding it up? Here is mine rotating.
Thanks for the vid. I thought I remembered seeing it spin easily. Mine wouldn’t budge.
This was the trick.
Think I remember someone saying you need to loosen the screw on top ever so slightly and it will spin
Awesome. Spins good now. Thanks guys.:tup:

Still dialing it in. Extremely impressed with it on a wpa. Since I couldn’t move the cap airflow adjustment, I’ve just been using a wpa, and definitely enjoying the wide open airflow there. Gonna try some native MTL hits now. Back to testing……

ahm123

i was hesitant on the pre-order initially mostly due to wanting all black over raw titanium but i am so glad i did. it just looks so dang good and will age like fine wine. i still plan to get black on release because i can’t just have one tempest :) passing my revolve & dyna stuff down to the homies that need to get off that combustion. thank you for making my quality of life better with this product @Brenyo aka apple of the vape game

leanpubpackage

So I got a surprise letter today containing a VI (thanks @Brenyo ) I immediately disassembled the one I had installed. I noticed the new one is bigger. Wraps round itself 4 times as opposed to 3. I had all the parts laid out then when I went to place the new VI it was missing.

I looked all over. Searched on the floor, through all my gear. 30 mins of searching to no avail. I thought I was losing my sanity. Then I thought "ok calm down. It can't disappear. What if it stuck to magnet somewhere" lo and behold...

I had the lid facing magnet side up. So this was hidden underneath. I could have went months/years and never known it was under there :D

I can report that installing VI is not as scary as it seems. Just need a decent pair of tweezers.
How’s the updated VI coil?

leanpubpackage,

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
How’s the updated VI coil?
been waiting for @RedZep review on that one :p

Is there any way I could pre-order it? I don’t want to wait until launch and risk missing the first batches.
There was talk of the potential for a pre-orders via the email newsletter closer to the release, its not confirmed but am telling everyone to sign up for it just in case - regardless @Brenyo is vocal here and I am sure he will keep us in the loop as it gets closer, we are all hanging on the pre-sale event, those with a Test Kit probably equally to those who missed out

So to clarify... normal use, without combustion... you don't need to clean very often, I went a week without cleaning anything at all at first, and was surprised by how long it went before I really noticed it.

You don't need to clean more often than weekly for the stem unless you combust or are putting more than I am thought it daily, and the head, you probably only need to clean it completely every few months or when you combust.

I will say the head too is crazy easy to clean. Can do a deep clean on the balls by dumping them out. Or keep it all together, soak, rinse, dry and run a dry session.
I am not "well" and don't handle certain things well (as everyone reading this thread already knows). The Tempest is not available to buy, I can't get spare parts as they haven't been made. The Tempest is a meaningful part of my rotation - every day - and the idea of loosing the screen down or balls down the sink and not being able to find them - I wouldn't cope very well...

Buying a new Tempest would need to wait until late January *overly dramatic moment* I have surgery on the 29th Jan and my Birthday is early February if I was to brick my Tempest before then.... :(

I literally have to own 2 of everything (you can see 2 anvils in the last photos I posted) otherwise I struggle to use the device because I will break it (titanium or not).

Anyway - Regarding the cleaning posts, I just wanted to show that

a) if the Tempest starts to show a degradation in performance; give it a good clean and it will do it a world of good.
b) that people who are afraid to loose things like I have been, that there is a way to do it that is "safe"

Last edited:
VapingYogi,
Reactions: Jojofernz

kokolokokolokon

Hey @kokolokokolokon, where did you order them from? I've been wanting to get some replacements just in case a ball accident happens to me (again).

I haven't been able to keep up with the thread, but has anyone found screen replacements for the bowl?
Some fron aliexpress and others from a friend who sell ptglass vapes on EU, stunner and balls.

I did find the best for herb bowl (full and half) is a modified tinymight CU mesh. and if you want a solid screen for half bowl...the wolkenfraft fx mini spare screens (not the one which comes with the silicon)

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
I did find the best for herb bowl (full and half) is a modified tinymight CU mesh. and if you want a solid screen for half bowl...the wolkenfraft fx mini spare screens (not the one which comes with the silicon)
How do you mod the CU mesh? *curious*

VapingYogi,

Singularity Walker

Even with statements like this, I know I'll still refresh the page daily to see if they're for sale but not announced here (really want a second).
I know it is a form of madness but I can't be the only one.

Last edited:

chanceus

Hey guys, has anyone else had some trouble with removing the spinning mouthpiece when swapping the airflow tubes out? I am probably doing something wrong, because I feel like I'm having to use a ton of force to get it off. After my last cleaning yesterday it feels extremely stuck on there to the point that I am a bit worried about my next cleaning/airflow swap. Probably need to grab some sort of oil for the o-rings soon..

chanceus,
Top Bottom