The Tempest by Mad Heaters & Phatpiggie

the_hexx

Team Hash
What's the consensus on the Wand specifically for the Tempest? I've been on the fence for a while now, and an attractive Black Friday deal makes me consider buying one. Would you say that it elevates the experience, or is it cumbersome and inessential compared to using a reliable big torch (as is the case with the Dani/Anvil from what I've read).

the_hexx,
Reactions: RedZep

RedZep

What's the consensus on the Wand specifically for the Tempest? I've been on the fence for a while now, and an attractive Black Friday deal makes me consider buying one. Would you say that it elevates the experience, or is it cumbersome and inessential compared to using a reliable big torch (as is the case with the Dani/Anvil from what I've read).
I find it elevates for sure. Well worth the price I paid for it.

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
I bought the wand in May, but it was used for a week and then back in its box as I liked the ritual with a torch.
I pulled the wand out for use with the Tempest, its become my preferred way to use it.

Smknbud

Could someone tell me the settings to use on the wand for a dark roast with the Tempest, I just had notification my wand has been delivered so testing commences for me tonight!
When I used the suggested 750 F/ 400 C setting on Wand with time out mode my AVB was real dark.....too dark for me. I've since lowered the temp, but try out the 750 F and decide for yourself.

Brenyo

Manufacturer
Could someone tell me the settings to use on the wand for a dark roast with the Tempest, I just had notification my wand has been delivered so testing commences for me tonight!
290-320C until time out OR 400-420C until the blinking stops.

When I used the suggested 750 F/ 400 C setting on Wand with time out mode my AVB was real dark.....too dark for me.
The 400C is until the blinking stops, that's probably combustion at the time out I think

Smknbud

The 400C is until the blinking stops, that's probably combustion at the time out I think
Well then, I guess I just learned something new because I was under the impression that the IH was only heating when it was blinking.

Smknbud,

Brenyo

Manufacturer
Well then, I guess I just learned something new because I was under the impression that the IH was only heating when it was blinking.
It's still heating just much slower. If you listen closely you can hear it activate for a fraction of a second repeatedly.

Brenyo,
Reactions: Smknbud

lluther

Does anyone know how deep the part highlighted in the pic should be, there's two orings on the bit going into the pipe, it's really difficult to force it in, I'm unsure if it's just me or something else. Also, when the air hole is closed should there be a total seal. I'm able to pull air through and not sure if it's because of the first issue I mentioned above or not.

Thanks

lluther,

Brenyo

Manufacturer
Does anyone know how deep the part highlighted in the pic should be, there's two orings on the bit going into the pipe, it's really difficult to force it in, I'm unsure if it's just me or something else. Also, when the air hole is closed should there be a total seal. I'm able to pull air through and not sure if it's because of the first issue I mentioned above or not.

Thanks

You should be able to push it in completely.
Did you take off the o-rings? The one that’s deeper in the stem is a smaller o-ring (5x1mm) than the other one. It’s made this way so that you can use two of the 6x1 to make it tighter if needed for glass.

No you can’t close the air completely on the cap.

lluther

You should be able to push it in completely.
Did you take off the o-rings? The one that’s deeper in the stem is a smaller o-ring (5x1mm) than the other one. It’s made this way so that you can use two of the 6x1 to make it tighter if needed for glass.

No you can’t close the air completely on the cap.
Thanks @Brenyo - That was it, I had taken the orings off for the iso bath, and put them on so that the larger one was deeper in and the smaller one further back. I read not to soak orings in ISO, is that your feeling too?

Shorner

Just had my 1st bowl in the Tempest, I didn't realise until after it was only set to half bowl....so about 0.8g....set the wand to 420 and waited until the blinks finished, I ripped on it long and hard like i do with the Anvil....Huuuuge cloud of tasty vapor with no irritation, had another smallish cloud and the bowl was toast with a nice even coffee roast......im feeling nicely medicated , first impressions are very good of this device👍 I have pushed the screen.down for a full bowl now, I was thinking the bowl looked small for a 0.15g🤣

MDude

Go for it. It is great. Since I received mine did not use a torch.

Last edited:

Dabberhashery

electrobubblerizer
I'm a proud new Tempest owner, I managed to get in on the last drop like a sneaky lurker :D

Excellent service from Mad Heaters, it was just as flawless as when I ordered my revolve v2... Next day delivery, perfectly packaged and helpful instructions... thanks for the great experience - I always love buying your stuff!

I didn't get my new wand until today... I managed to resist taking a torch to this thing of beauty yesterday!

The innovation in the Tempest is amazing! The feel of the device in my hand is as satisfying as it is to look at... I was gonna put a photo here but I'm too high to get a good one now :nod:

I'm coming from a rainbow revolve v2 with a FMJ which I was using with a single flame torch... but I decided to go with the wand since seeing it used in different videos. I've only had three blasts of the Tempest and wand using the settings recommended in the included instructions.... but yeah this is the way forward for me now. I doubt I'll bother getting a suitable torch for it but I do have some really old triple flames around if I need one in a pinch.

I really like the new reload gen 2 I bought with it as well, I'd go as far as to encourage anyone who gets a Tempest to get one as well if funds permit... I know I'm certainly getting sweet fa for Xmas now after spending all this just before... but it was oh so worth it :science::tup:

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
Just had my 1st bowl in the Tempest, I didn't realise until after it was only set to half bowl....so about 0.8g....set the wand to 420 and waited until the blinks finished, I ripped on it long and hard like i do with the Anvil....Huuuuge cloud of tasty vapor with no irritation, had another smallish cloud and the bowl was toast with a nice even coffee roast......im feeling nicely medicated , first impressions are very good of this device👍 I have pushed the screen.down for a full bowl now, I was thinking the bowl looked small for a 0.15g🤣
Looking forwards to your RDL attempts and how you feel about it as I remember you were a heavy anvil user so I wonder, both or one by over the other? Eventually :p love to see your AVB when you dial in your RDl

The innovation in the Tempest is amazing! The feel of the device in my hand is as satisfying as it is to look at... I was gonna put a photo here but I'm too high to get a good one now :nod:
holding the Tempest stem and comparing it to almost anything I own, it’s light, it feels stable, the additions to clip in the bowl to resist twisting, all these little tweaks that make up such a well designed device

Last night I pulled out all my stems and put them all back, I only needed a WPA, none of them really could do the same job.

lluther

Got my Tempest yesterday, need to spend more time with it before posting anything longer and more detailed about it, but just wanted to express my gratitude to @Brenyo and this forum for the work thats come out of this. I was laughing out loud on the exhale from sheer joy of the feel from the profile, terps, and size of the clouds.

I'm blown away by how good this device is. For anyone on the fence, the hype is REAL.

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
I'm blown away by how good this device is. For anyone on the fence, the hype is REAL.
The only fence sitters that seem to be saying anything - I'd love to have a discussion with a hater (other than the one I already talked to)....

Most people I talk to are only on the fence about getting the device as a pre-sale - without the final temperature sensors - which I understand as I am looking forwards to that day, but its already clearing the field... I just cleared away all the other stuff from my little setup for watching TV with the misses, I now have my Tempest, Prophet, Anvil WPA Kit, Inspire Wand and a couple of torches....

... I have a box now of 16 .... no wait 18 more devices that need new homes.

I love it when a purchase decreases the devices in rotation

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
Took my Tempest apart to clean it and was just admiring the little things.

I like the little teeth on the bowl that fit into little notches on the Radiator sleeve to keep the bowl from spinning on the o-rings when you are undoing the cap from the bowl.

I was bored so I took a few photos of what I am talking about for those that don’t have a Tempest yet.

I noticed the teeth have the same affect on my Ed’s TNT wooden WPA as they don’t damage the wood but it adds friction.

** side note, playing with my water pipe adapters and I’m curious what Brenyo is going to come up with as he mentioned an eventual WPA

Top Bottom