The Tempest by Mad Heaters & Phatpiggie

techtoker

That's cool. Do you happen to know if the VHB 3D 3S (portable version) chamber is equally adjustable?
Yes it is! On his site there is a picture that shows the bottom of the unit, and there is a hole that allows you to adjust the glass chamber. I believe it comes with a plug as well.

I just tried adjusting the tempest air slits to half-closed and ran it through water: aaaand there is the flavor through water!

For the extreme flavor chasers, try playing with the air slits!

Aegisz

Feels like everyone in this thread has a Tempest now, not bitter I promise :lol:. Glad to see so many early users following RedZep and giving more great information and demostration.

Almost kicking myself for not going for an early unit but I know how that would have gone.

I've had both generations of the Revolve and have tried a lot of the configurations but I always come back to it just fully closed, with the helix unit in the mouthpiece. Any of you lucky lot with the Tempest tried that? If not could someone sacrifice a bowl and tell me what the cooling/flavour is like? There's an order of magnitude of heat with between the Ti tip I'm using with my Revolve and what the Tempest will be pumping out, I'm sure it will keep up enough for me but I don't think I've seen anyone try it and I spend so much time in this thread it's unreal.

garett

Feels like everyone in this thread has a Tempest now, not bitter I promise :lol:. Glad to see so many early users following RedZep and giving more great information and demostration.

Almost kicking myself for not going for an early unit but I know how that would have gone.

I've had both generations of the Revolve and have tried a lot of the configurations but I always come back to it just fully closed, with the helix unit in the mouthpiece. Any of you lucky lot with the Tempest tried that? If not could someone sacrifice a bowl and tell me what the cooling/flavour is like? There's an order of magnitude of heat with between the Ti tip I'm using with my Revolve and what the Tempest will be pumping out, I'm sure it will keep up enough for me but I don't think I've seen anyone try it and I spend so much time in this thread it's unreal.
I tried it with helix, SCU and everything closed. It was smooth and absolutely not hot. The cooling in the Tempest is outstanding.

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
Concur, I just tried helix closed as well and it has good flavor and cooling. I do DTL so I like to mix a bit of air in, I think this setup with a glass body so I could let a lot air in now and again will be one of my favorite setups.

ETA: trying helix bypass now, it’s very similar but gives me that dump of air when I need it. I appreciate that all of the adjustments actually have discernible affect on the experience.

Last edited:

Cannabiker

Has anyone found good Tempest storage? I've been using my XL Anvil tube, but my Anvil is out in the cold. I'm planning to do a Vestratto order anyway, so maybe I'll just get another.

Cannabiker,
Reactions: Grover

techtoker

I had to try it as well, you know, in the name of science. 😉

SCU, straight tube, air slits open the absolutely smallest amount possible just to let some flow in, and the main air port closed. Very smooth and not hot at all.

@Aegisz, just to clarify, when you said "the helix unit in the mouth piece" do you mean the secondary cooling unit (SCU) spiral or the actual piece the SCU would go on. The straight tube for water piece use, or the one with 2 different sized holes for adjusting draw.

Last edited:

Aegisz

I had to try it as well, you know, in the name of science. 😉

SCU, straight tube, air slits open the absolutely smallest amount possible just to let some flow in, and the main air port closed.

@Aegisz, just to clarify, when you said "the helix unit in the mouth piece" do you mean the secondary cooling unit (SCU) spiral or the actual piece the SCU would go on. The straight tube for water piece use, or the one with 2 different sized holes for adjusting draw.
Yes, I meant the secondary cooling unti, I should have been more clear.

I didn't have any doubts about the cooling but it's good to know. I like the resistance of the draw and I enjoy a bit of warmth.

Aegisz,

RedZep

Has anyone found good Tempest storage? I've been using my XL Anvil tube, but my Anvil is out in the cold. I'm planning to do a Vestratto order anyway, so maybe I'll just get another.
I have nothing atm. Waiting to pick up leather pouch with the full release model.

I would love something made from wood though

RedZep,
Reactions: ezpz

Smknbud

I don't have it yet, but I have a Labetkomp Hybrid sleeve coming. It was made for Anvil XL and Omni etc. but will fit the Tempest perfectly.

Feyd2blak

I know the feeling....I think its only you and me without now :rofl::rofl:
And me, don't even have a Revolve so trying to keep up with all these settings to try! Sounds like will be experimenting a LOT with this bad boy.
Thanks for all these reviews to all those sharing, can't wait to join the party!

HumbleLivings

Well. I tried the 2mm rubi balls and just a couple of heat ups with (herb-halfbowl).

The 2mm rubi balls have a faster heat up but they retain a little less heat than the 2,5mm zirconia . Since they are a little smaller + 1/2 (or less) airflow seems better for mtl hits

And the 2.5mm quartz heat up way faster but it gives you 3/4 hits. The point here is, if you just want to use herb in a with dtl hits….you can kill it with 2/3 hits at 310/320C till time out message in the wand.
thanks for that comparison, I ordered some 2.5mm ruby balls to compare with the 2.5mm zirconia

we'll see how that testing goes, once I get everything! ✌️

HumbleLivings

Just had another j-hook bowl and taste is actually incredible. Wasn't even a low temp bowl. I honestly put that above sticky Brick and B0.

Still great with native TI imo. Low temp hits, no SCU, glass sleeve are delicious also.
yeah I want to use temepst on my jhook (what adapter are you using to connect tempest to jhook)?
and will the Revolve gen2 glass stem work with Tempest tip/head?

thanks in advance bro for all your feedback, learned alot from you and others here! ✌️

HumbleLivings,

HumbleLivings

It would be interesting to know if the Tempest and the Camouflet Inductor work together.
yeah i'd also like to see that
also the upcoming "The Forge" IH from Vestratto
i wonder if that bad boy can be used with the tempest
also MH's coming next year
alot to look forward to boys ✌️

HumbleLivings,
Reactions: Nebelmann

bhasma

yeah I want to use temepst on my jhook (what adapter are you using to connect tempest to jhook)?
and will the Revolve gen2 glass stem work with Tempest tip/head?

thanks in advance bro for all your feedback, learned alot from you and others here! ✌️
He was using a Dynavap BB3 as adaptor. I like a wooden WPA with my Anvil. The wood stays cool and feels more balanced. Ed's TNT adaptors are geat (but unlined) and Simrell's wood WPA has a metal lining.

mcscruffy

I use the StashLogix Alma bag. I really like the form factor and odor blocking but hadn't needed it until now with the others fitting in tubes. I recommend it fully, but you definitely need to wait for it to cool before storing.

I got a couple Alma's direct from their website for $17/ea a couple months ago when they were on sale.

This pic* also does a better job of showing the green but still not quite accurate. It looks amazing!

Last edited:

HumbleLivings

He was using a Dynavap BB3 as adaptor. I like a wooden WPA with my Anvil. The wood stays cool and feels more balanced. Ed's TNT adaptors are geat (but unlined) and Simrell's wood WPA has a metal lining.
hmmm now that i think about it
I have a dyna silicone wpa with stainless metal liner
that should fit tempest?
its used for dyna tips

HumbleLivings,

bhasma

hmmm now that i think about it
I have a dyna silicone wpa with stainless metal liner
that should fit tempest?
its used for dyna tips
They all have a standard 8mm connection, so yes. But the Dynavap liner is a narrow condenser that goes up into the head and may need to be pushed down a bit for the Tempest (?)

Last edited:

RedeyeDezign

Accessory Maker

HumbleLivings

I found these Leather Pouches on Amazon
they run from $6.49(red)-$8.49(black) $7.99(brown)
They are very well made and work just fine, (image shows all 3 i got 2 of them have Anvils
the Red one is Reserved for Tempest

EDIT: I did not find these someone here posted one and I liked it and bought 3 (sorry i dont remember who it was that posted these, but Thank You! ) ✌️

bhasma

I found these Leather Pouches on Amazon
they run from $6.49(red)-$8.49(black) $7.99(brown)
They are very well made and work just fine, (image shows all 3 i got 2 of them have Anvils
the Red one is Reserved for Tempest

EDIT: I did not find these someone here posted one and I liked it and bought 3 (sorry i dont remember who it was that posted these, but Thank You! ) ✌️
The Tempest will have its own leather case
https://madheaters.co.uk/products/leather-case

bhasma,

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
Probably not what you had in mind but I was just messing around with some scrap oak chunks I had.
I love it, simple but effective, I have a epic little table setup and I hope shrinks, currently it holds, hmm maybe I'll share a photo of the 3 stations I have setup as I could use some simplification like your "scrap" stand, its actually really rustic and cool

Top Bottom