The Tempest by Mad Heaters & Phatpiggie

MDude

Hey Team Tempest,

I hope all is well with you and that you had a good weekend...

here the excitement starts strong!
I came home to telecommute and thought I would find the Wand in my mailbox. It hadn't arrived yet, but there was another package 😁

(Just for context... I got my Fw9 back last week that I hadn't been able to test yet... and I've had a very fierce bout of VAS lately... I might be drowned in packages this week...)

I didn't have to pay customs, which is a huge relief given the week ahead of me. THANKS !!

That being said, I just came to share my first photos!

and I don't have any first impressions yet... I'll wait for the Wand!
and it's gone in the iso.

Yes, it's just beautiful.
it's much lighter than my brain imagined.
the cape is magnificent!! machining and engraving are top notch

and I'm amazed that the mouthpiece rotates freely! I haven't used it so I'm not saying it's bad or good... just that it's curious/strange!!

Okay, well... continued after receiving the Wand

happy vaping everyone!!
Did you soak the cap with the balls and indicators in?

HumbleLivings

My Tempest got across the pond safely and is currently at the Queens NY distribution center and is 7 hours/395 miles/636 km away from me.....hopefully gets to me by end of week. Yay!!
yay!! almost there brother let us know how it goes once you receive it ✌️

HumbleLivings,
Reactions: Smknbud

garett

Hey Team Tempest,

I hope all is well with you and that you had a good weekend...

here the excitement starts strong!
I came home to telecommute and thought I would find the Wand in my mailbox. It hadn't arrived yet, but there was another package 😁

(Just for context... I got my Fw9 back last week that I hadn't been able to test yet... and I've had a very fierce bout of VAS lately... I might be drowned in packages this week...)

I didn't have to pay customs, which is a huge relief given the week ahead of me. THANKS !!

That being said, I just came to share my first photos!

and I don't have any first impressions yet... I'll wait for the Wand!
and it's gone in the iso.

and I'm amazed that the mouthpiece rotates freely! I haven't used it so I'm not saying it's bad or good... just that it's curious/strange!!

Okay, well... continued after receiving the Wand

happy vaping everyone!!
What color is it? Light blue or silver? The pics look so different. In ISO bath it seems to be silver, but outside it looks light blue.

garett,

Sublim8

Could someone post a photo of a revolve v1 / 12mm diameter stem paired with the tempest head?
I really like the design of the wood one but I can't wait to mix with my other ones :D

Looking forward to the pre-order, best of luck to Brenyo :science:

Sublim8,
Reactions: Brenyo

Zasquatch

Z-stems
Oh come on f***ing DPD. My package is in transit since 1.Nov. and no update since. I called them, and they told me they cant find it anymore. They also dont know where it is. At this point, its just lost.

Don’t give up hope. Someone posted parcelsapp.com earlier and it is incredible. Shows the steps that normal usps doesn’t. Mine finally updated to Queens, NY today, USPS still says Switzerland on their tracking lol. So yeah I’m rooting for ya, I’m sure it will surface, just doesn’t feel good not knowing.

HumbleLivings

Don’t give up hope. Someone posted parcelsapp.com earlier and it is incredible. Shows the steps that normal usps doesn’t. Mine finally updated to Queens, NY today, USPS still says Switzerland on their tracking lol. So yeah I’m rooting for ya, I’m sure it will surface, just doesn’t feel good not knowing.
hey thanks for this ParcelsApp.com resource, it does show alot more info about deliveries than I can see on regular tracking site(s) kudos bro ✌️

HumbleLivings,
Reactions: Zasquatch

RedZep

hey @RedZep
happy to join you 😁

could you post a photo of how you installed the insert for The Wand please?
It shouldn't be complicated, but I read really fast the instructions in English (I'm French speaking) and it disturbed me... but it will surely be easier with the wand under my eyes and in my hands 😂

You have to place the silicone part before the glass insert, right?

Nothing urgent my friend!
I'm really excited for more people to try this thing :)

Sorry I can't advise on the insert. I installed mine before I noticed Brenyo gave instructions. I just shoved mine in from the bottom. Haven't had any problems, but I would suggest following Brenyo's instructions.

fangorn

Sorry I can't advise on the insert. I installed mine before I noticed Brenyo gave instructions. I just shoved mine in from the bottom. Haven't had any problems, but I would suggest following Brenyo's instructions.

Everything is fine, thanks for watching!!

I used Google translate to make sure I didn't miss any nuances...

"put the silicone on the glass first before pushing the adapter into the wand. The bottom of the glass should be level with the red silicone for the following optimal settings.

if you want to heat it until the Wand stops blinking then set it to 400. if you heat untim "the time put" message then set it to 310."

This is the 2nd part of the explanations with which I have more difficulty but I have never used a Wand so it's normal that I don't understand the nuance...

I will have to look at the instructions for the Wand!!

Well, so you will have understood, The Wand was supposed to arrive today and ultimately did not arrive. and the Tempest wasn't supposed to arrive but is with me...

I'll try with the torch 😁
I wanted to use the Tempest only with the Wand so as not to have the Tempest patina too quickly... but... there is a visual indicator to try anyway!! It would be a shame not to take advantage of it!
well and other toys will arrive so there will be a traffic jam... I might as well get ahead and enjoy an evening where the Tempest has 200% of my attention!!

HumbleLivings

I'll try with the torch 😁
I wanted to use the Tempest only with the Wand so as not to have the Tempest patina too quickly... but... there is a visual indicator to try anyway!! It would be a shame not to take advantage of it!
Yeah I think I will buy a 2nd Tempest and keep one for IH and one for Torch, but hey you never know, I might just enjoy doing 1st bowl on a startup heat up with IH
and then 2nd bowl with Torch
need to test and see what I like and go from there, but yeah I hear you
I would do the same as you Start with torch since you dont have Wand yet

so for the wand its pretty simple
just cick it on by pressing big middle button Fast 5 times (this turns wand on)

then set your desired temp 400C (recommended by Benyo)

then press the Middle button Fast TWICE (this turns IH induction on Will Start Blinking)

Simply Drop your Tempest in Wand until light turns off(stops blinking)

but of course you can try different methods from there thats a good start ( that I will be doing)

Enjoy brother!

fangorn

Yeah I think I will buy a 2nd Tempest and keep one for IH and one for Torch, but hey you never know, I might just enjoy doing 1st bowl on a startup heat up with IH
and then 2nd bowl with Torch
need to test and see what I like and go from there, but yeah I hear you
I would do the same as you Start with torch since you dont have Wand yet

then press the Middle button Fast TWICE (this turns IH induction on Will Start Blinking)

but of course you can try different methods from there thats a good start ( that I will be doing)

Enjoy brother!

Thank you very much for the advice, it’s clear!

and yeah... if the patina linked to the flames bothers me too much (which would really surprise me), I could always wait for a sale and buy a cap...

come on... I just grinded some Mike Tyson handicraft... 😁

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
If the patina is a problem it is easily removed with Bar Keepers Friend or something similar.
Or I could gladly take it off your hands if it's really a problem 😁.
Pop Tv What GIF by Schitt's Creek

Hehe... I kid! I kid! Congrats on the new baby! Enjoy!

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
love hearing first impressions, I love the excitement (so green with envy :) )

and indeed the quality of the screen of the bowl is bad... but every good geek has plenty of screens lying around somewhere... right?
lol we do, what was the dimensions so i can check if I have spares :)

Its hard not struggling with FOMO when the things "lost in the postal system" :p

So am I, I just wish It was me already :) I am bloody feedings off this thread energy though, shitting day, its the anniverery of the last day I saw my mum alive before she passed away from Motor Neurone Disease in less than a fortnight from today.... so I feel like shit, but coming here, sitting with others excitement is a great distraction.

a simple starting point, I like it.

I really love the excitement guys, keep sharing pictures and your journey getting to know the Tempest, Its great for us all, sharing techniques and experimenting, its really cool to watch.

Ah well I guess its time to find another distraction for a while.... somewhere...

fangorn

@bhasma I have some, thank you! it's just that it comes back so quickly...

@TigoleBitties send me a Mp 😉

@VapingYogi my second first impressions are coming soon! some photos also

Damn', after 4 bowls, I just understood what the rotating mouthpiece is for!
Unbelievable, it's great...

I know I'm going to pay for it later, but I want to keep making bolws 😂

I will at least try this ingenious feature!

Last edited:

fangorn

ok... so first observation... with the quantity I vaped, the Mike Tyson variety lives up to its name quite badly! I'm still standing 😁

More seriously, thank you very much @Brenyo and @phattpiggie
This is a superb vaporizer.
Well done, well done, well done.
I am very demanding and I am really happy with my purchase.

Now...some thoughts...
for context: I've never owned Mad Heater (@Cheebsy 😉) Vaporizers before. I've had a lot of portable vaporizers but for what interests us, I've had a dynavap, I have an anvil or even a Terpedo.

So... I don't fall in love with my vaporizers in general and it takes me a little time to appreciate them.
But I already really like The Tempest. No honeymoon thing with me either. Nor overflowing enthusiasm... I'm too critical for that!

But... The object itself is incredible, really... It lacks wood for me and I'm not necessarily sensitive to the aesthetics or the feeling of the metal heat shield, but I am forced to recognize that this shield is super well thought out, machined and, in a sense, beautiful.

The rotating mouthpiece, the ring and the air path and flow adjustment system, the way everything is well fitted and smooth, the thermal management, the visual indicator... wow... no... waaaaahouuuuu. .. the way to install the additional cooling spiral... what??? I adore...

I think the fact that the threads of the bowls are so thin could cause problems for some users. I think that if they aren't kept pretty clean, it might get stuck a little... but maybe I'm wrong...
in any case, given the thin thickness of the walls of the bowl, it can't be much bigger... you'll understand when you see it... but I love this bowl 😁 and the threads will stay clean!

@Brenyo
(Although it loses its usefulness with the Wand) the visual indicator works well for me as set. And it clicks between the second and third lines. that suits me too. I will try to heat a little further, but just for the test because the current settings allowed me to quickly find my "sweet spot"...

So much for the object itself.
for the rest, my comments are provisional...
Especially with the airflow and air path settings, this vape seems super flexible... I didn't play with these settings this evening. I installed the direct tube and basically stayed in direct open mode with the hole half closed. But I think I'll like the "direct bypass" mode... I turned the ring once to test, it made me want to try again. and besides, it's great to be able to change modes so easily during the session by turning a ring... really well done!

On the taste... I'm really picky. My avb is generally quite clear. I never go near the line and, sometimes, even when staying reasonably far from combustion, I can't stand the almost burnt taste.

I can't say definitively this evening! I'm not disappointed in any case, that's for sure. I'm quite happy to get a darker avb than I usually get, with a taste that suits me until the end.
But other tests will be necessary... and it's so subjective that you will make up your own mind on this point!

As for the high... well, I'm still standing and can return to combat, so... maybe direct bypass will suit me better...?

Regarding the duration of a session... This thing is really cool!! I neither timed nor counted the number of puffs. I was able to take 2-3 big puffs then several small ones afterward. Or more small ones. But I think you could also just take one or two huge drags.
Considering the size of the bowl, I think it’s a very good performance!

ah and... on cooling... I think that Brenyo's reputation in this area is well established... well, it works well, ahah! I plan to use it exclusively natively so it's very important to me...
even though it tickled me a little once or twice... it works well!

I have yet to discover vaping and I haven't mastered it yet so... to be continued!
But I am hopeful that I will find a very, very satisfying ritual!

And, for me, it's also going to be another experience with the Wand... The combo is going to be super practical. that's exciting !

I'll stop there!
thanks again @Brenyo

and as usual... happy vaping everyone! 😁💚

Last edited:

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
So... I don't fall in love with my vaporizers in general and it takes me a little time to appreciate them.
But I already really like The Tempest. No honeymoon thing with me either. Nor overflowing enthusiasm... I'm too critical for that!

But... The object itself is incredible, really... It lacks wood for me and I'm not necessarily sensitive to the aesthetics or the feeling of the metal heat shield, but I am forced to recognize that this shield is super well thought out, machined and, in a sense, beautiful.
awesome mate, looking forwards to hearing more as you use it more.

VapingYogi,
Reactions: fangorn

garett

I know this website. It still says „in transit, switzerland (not available)“ and its in this status since 1st of Nov. I dont know what they mean with (not available) but no status update since 1 week.

garett,

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
I know this website. It still says „in transit, switzerland (not available)“ and its in this status since 1st of Nov. I dont know what they mean with (not available) but no status update since 1 week.
I have the exact same problem. Exactly.

@fangorn Thank you for all the photos, I had to come back an have another look... the pictures are really good and the side by side with the Anvil really helps to give perspective thanks mate.

Top Bottom