The Tempest by Mad Heaters & Phatpiggie

RedZep

I'm with cybrguy. Making the decision to not compete for the handful that are available has taken some stress (not sure if that's the best word haha) away

Happy to wait until there's enough for all!
I get that. Nothing worse than missing out on a limited release. It's a big let down.

Waiting for full release at least removes that potential disappointment.

Last edited:
RedZep,
Reactions: FirmLeg

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
The plain titanium is classy, though that purple is nice... I should probably wait for production blue PVD regardless to have all of the final stuff and not rush in...

There's no downside to getting one from the limited release. As any missing components will be delivered at full release
The missing pieces and updated parts will be available for purchase at release

Looks like you have to pay extra though, maybe the discount offsets, but that could be seen as a downside? $222 is not exactly cheap though I am sure they will sell out quick! Fair for the performance and quality...

I wonder if the cap remover made of wood that came with my TA would work for the tempest, I wouldn't really want to buy a reload, or have to use anything leather...

Some sort of case is useful I'm sure, doubt it would fit in my old og vapcap dugout ehh

Oh I just looked at what the reload is, does it come with other case? Doesn't look like a case, looks like it's just an herb storage system (and a very nice one at that, I had a similar idea, stash stackers, I was working on with @Delta3DStudios to be steel or just plastic in the end but never did them lol)

RedeyeDezign

Accessory Maker
The plain titanium is classy, though that purple is nice... I should probably wait for production blue PVD regardless to have all of the final stuff and not rush in...

Looks like you have to pay extra though, maybe the discount offsets, but that could be seen as a downside? $222 is not exactly cheap though I am sure they will sell out quick! Fair for the performance and quality...

I wonder if the cap remover made of wood that came with my TA would work for the tempest, I wouldn't really want to buy a reload, or have to use anything leather...

Some sort of case is useful I'm sure, doubt it would fit in my old og vapcap dugout ehh

Oh I just looked at what the reload is, does it come with other case? Doesn't look like a case, looks like it's just an herb storage system (and a very nice one at that, I had a similar idea, stash stackers, I was working on with @Delta3DStudios to be steel or just plastic in the end but never did them lol)
You really just need a good magnet to take the cap off. Mad heaters sells the best magnets for a few bucks and you can super glue it to whatever.

I dont always use a reload, but I always use the Mad magnets. Lets see you take a dynacap off one handed :)

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal

Oh I just looked at what the reload is, does it come with other case? Doesn't look like a case, looks like it's just an herb storage system
I haven't seen the TA or its accessories. I do know that lots of people have bought the Reload (I have Gen 1 and 2) and found it to be an indispensable tool for general use with cannabis (especially vapcap) devices, not just with the Revolve. As people have said the MadHeaters magnets are among the most powerful ones I have used, and they work really well for removing hot caps. The Reload also has a ridge one can slip the rim of a VC cap under so that one can easily remove a stubborn or very tight VC cap.
The Tempest will have (I suspect) an even hotter cap and heater assembly that is threaded, so to take it off for reloading (see what I did there) we will need that stronger magnet or something heat resistant like the leather sleeve/case that will come with the retail version.
And, btw, the Tempest is longer than even the XL Vapcaps, so even XL Dynastashes won't be long enough to house the Tempest.
You really just need a good magnet to take the cap off.
This is why Brenyo is recommending folks who get the early release be Reload customers. But the magnet by itself is probably enough, as @RedeyeDezign shows above. Or a strip of leather.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Thank you guys! I didn't realize there was a magnet in there even and it does seem useful... I'm not sure how I feel about all the threading unfortunately necessary evil (more reasons I probably wouldn't go in yet, bc I guess I should also grab reload and really induction heater too, never use my vapcap)

Shit Snacks,

garett

But the Magnet is only necessary for back to back use, right? If inwait 15mins for the next session, it should be fine. Or am i wrong?

garett,

RedeyeDezign

Accessory Maker
But the Magnet is only necessary for back to back use, right? If inwait 15mins for the next session, it should be fine. Or am i wrong?
That's correct. You don't have to empty it right away but it's better to keep clean if you do. You also need somewhere safe to put it when it's hot unless you plan on holding it until its cool. You could always set it back in the wand to cool I guess.

RedZep

Tempest doesn't fit the Dynastash. Also doesn't fit the decapper de-bowler from Brilliant cut. You just need a good strong magnet, so you can do hot reloads. A good de-bowler tool as well. The Tempest bowl screen will have extra functionality with the Reload as a way to unscrew it. A workaround will be possible if you don't want to commit to Reload.

RxPlorer

What will be included with these prerelease units? That purple/green looks nice! 👀
You’ll want to read back from at least page 28 to find out; and to fully understand what product you’re getting in the pre-release ;)

RxPlorer,

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
I have been watching this thread like a hawk since I found it. I guarantee, even though most posts happen when I’m asleep, whenever I’m awake, I’m on this forum ever hour at a minimum (every 15 minutes more accurately)

All of a sudden, it’s like I fall asleep and I wake up and multiple pages are created (while i sleep) as the excitement builds and it’s giving me something to read when I get up, but I half wish I was a shift worker so I could join the conversation :) but even just being able to watch over happening and hear the reviews. It’s like seeing behind the curtain.

I’m really been enjoying it and hope to be able to add value in time 🧐 as this place FC has become a second home during the day.

I love the detailed reviews and pictures guys, I love imagining how it might work through your eyes and it is exciting having this chance to follow along.

I want to get other people as excited for this as I am, the few people I have told have started to ask me a lot of questions and I’ve yet to share where they can get answers (because I don’t have them and as people have asked, hold off sharing at the moment). I am however getting alot of joy from the reactions of the few people I’ve told about the Tempest.

Anyway thanks for giving me a chance after the rough start

Last edited:

harmando

You’ll want to read back from at least page 28 to find out; and to fully understand what product you’re getting in the pre-release ;)
I’ve been following the thread.. so it looks a full unit with pre released temp sensor and click disks which can be upgraded later. On the website it doesn’t say what comes in the “kit”, Wondering if it will come in proper packaging and if any extras other than the vape itself?

harmando,

RedZep

I have been watching this thread like a hawk since I found it. I guarantee, even though most posts happen when I’m asleep, whenever I’m awake, I’m on this forum ever hour at a minimum (every 15 minutes more accurately)

All of a sudden, it’s like I fall asleep and I wake up and multiple pages are created (while i sleep) as the excitement builds and it’s giving me something to read when I get up, but I half wish I was a shift worker so I could join the conversation :) but even just being able to watch over happening and hear the reviews. It’s like seeing behind the curtain.

I’m really been enjoying it and hope to be able to add value in time 🧐 as this place FC has become a second home during the day.

I love the detailed reviews and pictures guys, I love imagining how it might work through your eyes and it is exciting having this chance to follow along.

I want to get other people as excited for this as I am, the few people I have told have started to ask me a lot of questions and I’ve yet to share where they can get answers (because I don’t have them and as people have asked, hold off sharing at the moment). I am however getting alot of joy from the reactions of the few people I’ve told about the Tempest.

Anyway thanks for giving me a chance after the rough start
This vape is going to explode. Word of mouth is going to be absurd on this thing once more people have it. I think it's the closest joint experience in vaping. That will attract so many people. I think I will make a video showing relaxed joint puffs, followed by quick reload and re heat with torch and visual indicator. Using it like this is so unique.

There are a lot of vaporists that feel underwhelmed, because they were big joint smokers and vaping is just different. I think they will love this.

I used to use half a gram in a joint when I smoked. I use 0.45g now (3 Tempest bowls) all chained together using the heat retention. It's so similar in ritual and feel. Great to put some music on and enjoy the experience.

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
This vape is going to explode. Word of mouth is going to be absurd on this thing once more people have it. I think it's the closest joint experience in vaping. That will attract so many people. I think I will make a video showing relaxed joint puffs, followed by quick reload and re heat with torch and visual indicator. Using it like this is so unique.

There are a lot of vaporists that feel underwhelmed, because they were big joint smokers and vaping is just different. I think they will love this.

I used to use half a gram in a joint when I smoked. I use 0.45g now (3 Tempest bowls) all chained together using the heat retention. It's so similar in ritual and feel. Great to put some music on and enjoy the experience.
you are one of the people both driving me nuts and boosting my desire for a Tempest :) so if you've got me hooked on a few posts and limited visibility into how it works and its use, I can only imagine when there is enough out in the wild that the masses start to take notice. Which is why I always wonder can you really plan for the release of something that is this (and I say this with no direct knowledge of the device first hand) different and perhaps a new bar in manual vapes.... the demand might tsunami and overwhelm the preparations you might make is even 10% that hear about it get as excited as I am :) which can only be good for the industry...

"Hi FOMO, was wondering when you would say hello today - apparently when I first wake up :)"

Last edited:
VapingYogi,

FirmLeg

you are one of the people both driving me nuts and boosting my desire for a Tempest :) so if you've got me hooked on a few posts and limited visibility into how it works and its use, I can only imagine when there is enough out in the wild that the masses start to take notice. Which is why I always wonder can you really plan for the release of something that is this (and I say this with no direct knowledge of the device first hand) different and perhaps a new bar in manual vapes.... the demand might tsunami and overwhelm the preparations you might make is even 10% that hear about it get as excited as I am :) which can only be good for the industry...

"Hi FOMO, was wondering when you would say hello today - apparently when I first wake up :)"
No one is more incentivised to ensure demand is met than Brenyo and the Mad Heaters team, and I trust their business nous. On the off chance that stock is depleted upon release, I can't imagine further batches would be long in production.

I don't think there's anything to be anxious about, just look forward to your new toy!

Last edited:
FirmLeg,
Reactions: RedZep

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
No one is more incentivised to ensure demand is met than Brenyo and the Mad Heaters team, and I trust their business nous. On the off chance that stock is depleted upon release, I can't imagine further batches would be long in production.
It's just FOMO :) I both look forward to my own but am also enjoying showing people who haven't heard about it yet :) all I'm suggesting is that I am the cause of my own FOMO because I keep talking to people about it who haven't heard about it yet and the response is almost always curiosity and desire. That's what you want a product to do word of mouth and I hope it blows up and Brenyo / MadHeaters have the opportunity to keep doing what they do: design and build products, that are things that you would use every day.

EDIT : *smiling* ... every day when I log in when I wake up and I see another person post there interest... that little gremlin inside goes "no my precious" and I feel that FOMO & yeah its part of the experience but it's been years since I have had FOMO like this *grin*

Last edited:
VapingYogi,
Reactions: Shorner

fangorn

@Brenyo ... or to anyone who understands the process... how do we get the color of the middle stem on the link above?

You have to manage to be in the 10 tomorrow, and send an email to specify the color, right?
what color is it?

Will there probably be some left for the next drop?

But it's a color that shouldn't be produced in large quantities, right?

sorry for asking...it wasn't super clear to me...
Google translate certainly doesn't help...

and it's the color that interests me the most... otherwise I'll probably wait for wooden stems...

fangorn,

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
You have to manage to be in the 10 tomorrow, and send an email to specify the color, right?
what color is it?

Will there probably be some left for the next drop?

But it's a color that shouldn't be produced in large quantities, right?

Brenyo said the following about the test kits
Raw Ti or these 2 colors (you can leave a note with the order if you prefer the dark green / bronze or the dark purple / gold instead of the raw). I know I've said that I wouldn't sell these, but I have way more of them then how many I would want to give away and it wouldn't be a sought after color.
** Disclaimer : I know nothing, I just spend a lot of time on here and am just sharing what I have been reading *shrugs*

You really just need a good magnet to take the cap off. Mad heaters sells the best magnets for a few bucks and you can super glue it to whatever. I dont always use a reload, but I always use the Mad magnets. Lets see you take a dynacap off one handed :)
I very much like your little videos and helpful tidbits - as an aside I like your set up / desk (or what we could see)

Last edited:
VapingYogi,
Reactions: Feyd2blak

fangorn

Brenyo said the following about the test kits

** Disclaimer : I know nothing, I just spend a lot of time on here and am just sharing what I have been reading *shrugs*

I very much like your little videos and helpful tidbits - as an aside I like your set up / desk (or what we could see)

ah, thank you for the answer, it helps me... it made me reread the post that inspired my questions... but this time I understood 🤦

Okay, well I hope I have a chance to get a stem of this color in the future... because I don't have any hope for tomorrow 😂

fangorn,

Orvaxxx

Can you really hit it like a joint? Because I have a vaporizer here from which they said it would be like smoking a joint but it really isn’t.
Hope this one is.

Orvaxxx,

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
Can you really hit it like a joint? Because I have a vaporizer here from which they said it would be like smoking a joint but it really isn’t.
Hope this one is.
the videos, it you look back through the thread, there is a couple where they heat and puff on it like a joint for a good minute or more, one of my favorite features

VapingYogi,
Top Bottom