The Tempest by Mad Heaters & Phatpiggie

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
Just a vape geek given an opportunity to analyse an amazing vape before full release. I know it seems I'm trying to do you all a service, but it's more accurate to say I'm just really enjoying using and discussing the vape with you guys. This thread will be amazing when Tempest is fully out in the wild. I can feel it
I'm looking forward to swapping techniques when mine eventually arrives :p
I have also just ordered some of that vape cotton to try with the hash, Rayon or Hemp isn't instantly available where the cotton will be here Tuesday.

I'm really curious to see how the green one ends up looking in person... was getting a Master Chief vibe from the one in Brenyo's pic.
I couldn't help imaging him trying to find a gap in his helmet in order to be able to hit his green Tempest

Mine is stateside with customs which usually lasts 1-3 business days before it moves on. The last two orders I had the past few months from MAD took 8 and 10 calendar days, respectively.

I'm really curious to see how the green one ends up looking in person... was getting a Master Chief vibe from the one in Brenyo's pic.

It has been great to hear more input on the temp indicator and see many like minds on what really excited me!
Looks like mine is still in Switzerland 😔

BuddBuddly,

RedZep

Same, and no update since 1st of Nov.
I don't want to give false hope, but I've had things turn up randomly many times, when tracking info had not updated to reflect it's coming arrival.

Happens all the time with my tea orders from China/Taiwan etc. Either way I hope you have it in your hands asap

RedZep,
Reactions: bhasma

garett

Yeah i know, but i dont think it will turn up in the next days, because customs will ask for money :) and they won’t send it before i pay it.

But that gives me time to clean my DV and Dani for compare reasons.

garett,
Reactions: RedZep

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
I don't want to give false hope, but I've had things turn up randomly many times, when tracking info had not updated to reflect it's coming arrival.
it always updates after the fact in batches, I hope everyone waiting gets it next week

VapingYogi,
Reactions: RedZep

RedZep

@Brenyo Which O-ring is not ISO safe? Is it the green one that holds the radiator over the stem?

My typical overnight hot water fairy liquid soak didn't cut it as I've been putting a lot of hash through it.

RedZep,

RxPlorer

Will the full unit be safe in ultrasonic bath? Does that depend on the finish selected?

RxPlorer,

HumbleLivings

Are you asking how long the bowl would retain residual heat?
Hi I apologize for not explaining my question properly, what I wanted to ask is

lets say I am doing 3 bowls one after the other
obviously 1st bowl is cold start (has not been heated yet)
after finishing 1st bowl
and immediately Reload it, [[Q: how long would you do IH heating for 2nd bowl]]
and then Reload a 3rd bowl [[Q: how long would you do IH heating for 3rd bowl]]
or do you do less time since bowl 2&3 are not cold but hotter?

also how many seconds would you heat up 3 bowls(one after the other),

but with a medium size torch (i have Blazer FireFox & IGNYT Mini)
how many seconds torching on 1st (Cold start bowl)
then how many seconds Torching 2nd (hotter bowl) and also how many seconds torching 3rd (hotter bowls)

really appreciate all your feedback I have learned alot from you and others and I am grateful brother! ✌️

Last edited:
HumbleLivings,
Reactions: VapingYogi

bhasma

I would have to experiment. It feels to me combustion would be possible, but using some crazy massive flame not typically found in butane torches. Maybe when aiming lower on tip for conduction It changes the dynamics. When aiming torch at the midsection it gives strong impression of being able to handle very large flames, or triple flames, and the visual indicator is still smoothly sliding and giving accurate temps
If the Tempest is so forgiving that heating intensity and position make little difference to the accuracy of its visual indicator, that's a wonderful improvement over other devices.

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
I don't know the limits to this. But it generally feels true.
I assume that the only part that is a bit less forgiving is if you were to heat very close to the bowl? I remember you saying you felt that there was a little bit of direct conduction if you were to heat very very low, just double checking.

VapingYogi,

RedZep

Hi I apologize for not explaining my question properly, what I wanted to ask is

lets say I am doing 3 bowls one after the other
obviously 1st bowl is cold start (has not been heated yet)
after finishing 1st bowl
and immediately Reload it, [[Q: how long would you do IH heating for 2nd bowl]]
and then Reload a 3rd bowl [[Q: how long would you do IH heating for 3rd bowl]]
or do you do less time since bowl 2&3 are not cold but hotter?

also how many seconds would you heat up 3 bowls(one after the other),

but with a medium size torch (i have Blazer FireFox & IGNYT Mini)
how many seconds torching on 1st (Cold start bowl)
then how many seconds Torching 2nd (hotter bowl) and also how many seconds torching 3rd (hotter bowls)

really appreciate all your feedback I have learned alot from you and others and I am grateful brother! ✌️
Subsequent bowls for me always take around 50% less time and heat to get to the same point on the visual indicator and roast level. So if I want a really dark roast session, my first bowl will be 38-40second heat up. Subsequent bowls around 20seconds. Regardless of heat up technique.

In this scenario the third bowl would still be around 20 seconds heat up. This is because drawing and extracting the second bowl brings the temp down again. So bowls don't get faster and faster, but cap out around 50% faster heat up. Which is amazing imo.

With midsized single flame with flame length at 80% my initial heat up time from cold is literally the same as my induction heater. So in the range of 36-40seconds depending on desired roast. Subsequent heat ups around 18-20 seconds.
I assume that the only part that is a bit less forgiving is if you were to heat very close to the bowl? I remember you saying you felt that there was a little bit of direct conduction if you were to heat very very low, just double checking.
Yeah but I didn't get any combustion doing that. The visual indicator was still moving smoothly. I will experiment with that later this evening.

Zagala

Going through this thread made me get my Dynavap out again! i think I am gonna love the Tempest🥰. I am a torch guy but I just acquired the wand in anticipation of the Tempest, and I am quite impressed with the results I got from using concentrates with a Dynacoil. Will the Tempest later have an accessory like the Dynacoil? I know you can use other means, but my experience this morning with the Dynacoil and the Wand led me to ask. Thanks everyone for the enthusiasm and early sharing. i Have not been using DV and DV style devices for a long time and was not really interested even in recent renditions, Anvil, Dani, but with the detailed attention that @Brenyo is putting on the Tempest I feel very comfortable to jump in and I am ready for the early release, hopefully getting a kit from Soothing Vapours. Have a great Sunday everyone. Cheers!

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
detailed attention that @Brenyo is putting on the Tempest I feel very comfortable to jump in and I am ready for the early release
Hoping to just jump right in there with you :)

Just wondering if you have compared the dynacoil to cotton or the like?

Last edited:
VapingYogi,

HumbleLivings

Subsequent bowls for me always take around 50% less time and heat to get to the same point on the visual indicator and roast level.
great info cant wait to try this out once I get back home to my tempest soon, it seems you utilize the visual indicator alot, I hope its not too much to ask but do you have a picture of where your visual indicator is at when you stop heating, I think this would be a nice golden nugget for all of us to follow, thanks for being such a kind giving soul brother!

RedZep

great info cant wait to try this out once I get back home to my tempest soon, it seems you utilize the visual indicator alot, I hope its not too much to ask but do you have a picture of where your visual indicator is at when you stop heating, I think this would be a nice golden nugget for all of us to follow, thanks for being such a kind giving soul brother!
I'm out the house ATM. I will take a pic this evening when I'm using it. My visual indicator is not tuned, so I don't think it will have a lot of value to anyone. To be specific the indicator has these 3 notches that Brenyo maybe intends to represent light roast, medium roast, dark roast. My indicator points just before the second notch. So it should be higher as I often go for a dark roast. This is a topic in itself as I typically like low temp vaping, but I find I still get good flavour on high temps with Tempest. I love the potency of the high temp hits. Low temp hits are great too. But Tempest is converting me I think.

EDIT - The indicator moves smoothly for those who are not aware. I don't want to give the impression it's clicking between 3 arbitrary points. The smooth movement is what allows for accuracy, especially as it stops moving when you remove the heat source. I honestly think the visual indicator is revolutionary for butane/IH vapes.

Despite mine not being tuned it still operates smoothly, accurately and consistently. I love it. Works better than I could have imagined. Still seems like voodoo magic.

Last edited:

HumbleLivings

I'm out the house ATM. I will take a pic this evening when I'm using it. My visual indicator is not tuned, so I don't think it will have a lot of value to anyone. To be specific the indicator has these 3 notches that Brenyo maybe intends to represent light roast, medium roast, dark roast. My indicator points just before the second notch. So it should be higher as I often go for a dark roast. This is a topic in itself as I typically like low temp vaping, but I find I still get good flavour on high temps with Tempest. I love the potency of the high temp hits. Low temp hits are great too. But Tempest is converting me I think.

EDIT - The indicator moves smoothly for those who are not aware. I don't want to give the impression it's clicking between 3 arbitrary points. The smooth movement is what allows for accuracy, especially as it stops moving when you remove the heat source. I honestly think the visual indicator is revolutionary for butane/IH vapes.

Despite mine not being tuned it still operates smoothly, accurately and consistently. I love it. Works better than I could have imagined. Still seems like voodoo magic.
this is very valuable info, with this info and your previous heating times that you shared, I have a good blueprint to follow and am grateful bro, thanks alot ✌️

Zagala

Hoping to just jump right in there with you :)

Just wondering if you have compared the dynacoil to cotton or the like?
I did not use a Dynacoil in a long time and I actually like the experience better than with cotton and the vapour is not filtered through the cotton or hemp fibre and then through a screen. But I cannot say for sure, to answer your question. I will have to compare over a period of time, and Dynacoil has not been my favourite go to until this great experience of flavour and smooth vapour this morning.

Zagala,
Top Bottom