The Tempest by Mad Heaters & Phatpiggie

Feyd2blak

That's how I mounted it. Handling could been a little rough...it seems when torching it until glowing, only gets to first VI mark...looks like I messed the calibration :(
I did exactly the same, thought I had been too rough with it but think I had put the coil in the wrong way round, upside down or on the wrong side of the bar, had very limited movement. Tried again and worked as before, full range again, might be worth giving it another go.

BushRanger

Hit It & Quit It
Can you take out the coil again and send a picture of it please? It looks fine installed
After few bowls pretty sure VI is lagging, can't go past first notch or I'll combust...had to use stopwatch. Gonna give it another try tomorrow as others advised and see what happens.
Not the end of the world, as final version is around the corner and a lil break will serve me well...

Brenyo

Manufacturer
After few bowls pretty sure VI is lagging, can't go past first notch or I'll combust...had to use stopwatch.

That definitely looks way off unfortunately. The outer end is about 8mm shorter than it should be (which is a lot) and makes the install harder as well. I can't imagine how it happened unless it was working similarly before? Where did you stop earlier? Did you torch it directly? It shouldn't be easy to mess up the calibration unless it's deformed, but yours look fine.

You can still use it, you just have to find the new spot where to stop, which could be the first mark now or even earlier.

HaggisHunter

That's how I mounted it. Handling could been a little rough...it seems when torching it until glowing, only gets to first VI mark...looks like I messed the calibration :(
I had this exact thing a few weeks back, turns out I had put the discs in the wrong way round, but mine wouldn't go past the first line either.

If I remember right the edges of the discs should be closer to each other, the middle further away - like a clam shell.
I'd put mine in the opposite way round, so maybe because the edge of the lower one is closer so it scrapes the indicator/coil, not sure but as soon as I swapped them round it was fine again.

Not saying this is your issue of course.
You might not even have discs in it.
Couldn't see from the photo.
Hope you get it sussed.

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
Yup, for a second or two...quickly realized it was bad as it twisted very fast so I stopped. Was in torching mode after torching the balls to get them clean, not sure what was I thinking...dumb move lol. :bang:
There will be new updated coil at the official release in the upgrade kit for beta buyers right?
*nods* there was always talk of a updated calibrated VI coil / click discs / screens - and in some cases - 3mm balls / heat shield o-rings (iso safe) & airflow tubes - I know I am forgetting something...

... there's been a few changes - but what you didn't get - obviously that depends on when you got the beta :)

Strolling&Rolling

Just got my hands on an Ispire Wand after using a flame for the Tempest over the last month or so.

Is there any easy to follow step-by-step guides on using the Tempest with the Wand?

For instance, how deep should the Tempest be in and how many seconds it should be in for etc?

Would appreciate any help 😁

Strolling&Rolling,
Reactions: dimmusp

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
Just got my hands on an Ispire Wand after using a flame for the Tempest over the last month or so.

Is there any easy to follow step-by-step guides on using the Tempest with the Wand?

For instance, how deep should the Tempest be in and how many seconds it should be in for etc?

Would appreciate any help 😁

Taken from the Manual

"Set the temperature to 290°C / 550°F and allow it to run until the "Time over" message appears.

For a more thorough roast, increase the temperature setting by 10°C / 10°F increments or gently push the adapter further down by 1 mm. For a lighter roast, decrease the temperature setting or adjust the adapter higher.

By adjusting the depth of the adapter deeper, you can increase the conduction effect in the bowl, which is useful when the roast is uneven or the draw is slow to start. We recommend using the upper half of the two-line marking for mouth-to-lung (MTL) use. If you adjust it higher so that the wand's glass is closer to the bottom red line, it will be even more convection-heavy which can further improve the flavour, however it may lead to an uneven roast if the bowl is filled too densely.

Note that changes in ambient temperature or wind can affect the cap's temperature. If there's a -10°C difference in ambient temperature, consider increasing the Wand's temperature setting by +15°C""

Tempest_insertion_depth_ispire_wand_750px.jpg

Last edited:

ljstavy

So with the final version of the tempest when it releases users wont have to fiddle with the visual indicator or discs right? or when i clean the cap with the balls do i have to disassemble the visual indicator and disc to clean? Those parts look small but also delicate I don't want to have to take them apart to clean.

I don't mind removing the ball screen and stuff but mechanical components I'm weary of.

ljstavy,

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
So with the final version of the tempest when it releases users wont have to fiddle with the visual indicator or discs right?
no you wont, it comes preinstalled and will have working click discs and visual indicator

or when i clean the cap with the balls do i have to disassemble the visual indicator and disc to clean?
nope, just throw the cap in iso, soak for 1/2 an hour, rinse under hot water, allow to dry, done.

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
perfect thanks! im assuming at release the visual indicators and discs will be calibrated correctly right?
The current VI I have is calibrated and so are the click discs however they aren't the release candidate, the release will have all the bells and whistles working as intended (calibrated click discs and visual indicator).

Strolling&Rolling

Can anyone recommend some good techniques/guides to re-heat the Tempest with an Ispire Wand to avoid combustion?

I like to hit at low temps, so usually my flower has bit left to give. Does anyone know how to carefully reheat?

I've tried a couple of times but seem dangerous close to combusting.

Strolling&Rolling,
Reactions: BreadStick

Sativapo

Can anyone recommend some good techniques/guides to re-heat the Tempest with an Ispire Wand to avoid combustion?

I like to hit at low temps, so usually my flower has bit left to give. Does anyone know how to carefully reheat?

You can use the heatsink to cool it faster between heat ups. Also if you think it's on the hot side, you take a mini puff and if tastes a bit too toasty you wait 10 seconds to take your longer hit. It's quite forgiving. I've scorched it a bit but never really combusted.

BreadStick

When I go for a re-heat I have to take my tempest out every 2nd blink to check the VI, I keep doing that until the VI gets to the middle notch. Constantly taking the tempest out to check the VI is the only solid way I've found for reheating the tempest while it's still hot/warm. It sounds annoying but I don't find it too bad, I usually only have to check 2/3 times. You might find you need to get the VI to a different point for what you're trying to achieve but I recommend counting blinks and checking every few.

RedZep

I don't have one of the latest visual indicators. For wand re-heats I don't bother letting device cool, just reload and put back in the wand for about 20 seconds then I begin drawing on it while it's heating. You can sense when the vapour is coming at appropriate thickness. I've found this to be very replicable and have never combusted.

With finished VI it will be as simple as watching the VI through the wand insert glass.

EDIT - this is for a fully reloaded bowl. I've never reheated the Tempest for the same bowl of weed. Tempest always fully extracts in a cycle.

Top Bottom