The Tempest by Mad Heaters & Phatpiggie

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
Anyone else playing around with using the Tempest without hands (by that I mean your hands are busy with something else)? if so what settings do you go with?

VapingYogi,

Shorner

It gives some heat at the back of the throat that reminds of smoking. It's worth trying for those who like to do joint puffs. The amount of ways I can enjoy this vape seems to grow by the day. For single large lung buster hits I strongly advise Helix tube however.
I am finding the direct tube to be giving me bigger lung busters than the helix.

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
hence why Ill only be grabbing an oven personally :D
I really like the experience of using the Tempest (in its entirety), it fills that void / ritual of smoking a joint in a way that I find more enjoyable that my alternatives.

I do find that most nights I swap the Tempest onto a WPA and would use my Prophet for back to back bowls especially.

I want both, a full Tempest kit with wood stem etc, and a bowl/oven combo for a wpa.... that's probably ideal

RedZep

I put it on a glass WPA a little while ago and I'm in love.
I like it on glass WPA, Glass J-hook. Tip airflow fully open. I still prefer native stem most the time.
I am finding the direct tube to be giving me bigger lung busters than the helix.
You do single large hit extractions with the direct flow tube? You're lungs are quite impressive if so. What setting do you have the airflow at? Do you use the carb?

RedZep,
Reactions: cybrguy

RedZep

I really like the experience of using the Tempest (in its entirety), it fills that void / ritual of smoking a joint in a way that I find more enjoyable that my alternatives.

I do find that most nights I swap the Tempest onto a WPA and would use my Prophet for back to back bowls especially.

I want both, a full Tempest kit with wood stem etc, and a bowl/oven combo for a wpa.... that's probably ideal
This is where I'm at. I enjoy putting Tempest on J-hook, and Nova, to mix it up, change the experience, and to extend time needed between cleaning.

But the native stem is king. It frees you from handling glass, so you don't have to worry about breakage. It's elegant as needs no other implement for use. You can sit somewhere with just Tempest, wand, Reload. Having a small, portable, unbreakable stem that can cool a ball vape has so much value imo.

EDIT- @VapingYogi I posted this before I saw your last comment about broken Prophet. I wasn't trying to rub it in with my "don't have to worry about breakage" comment. Sorry to hear that.

Duba

Accessory Maker
You do single large hit extractions with the direct flow tube? You're lungs are quite impressive if so. What setting do you have the airflow at? Do you use the carb?
I also prefer the direct tube for native massive hits and dense clouds. (+ SCU, cap airflow 2/3 closed, carb on "direct by pass" but closed with my finger).

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
This is where I'm at. I enjoy putting Tempest on J-hook, and Nova, to mix it up, change the experience, and to extend time needed between cleaning.

But the native stem is king. It frees you from handling glass, so you don't have to worry about breakage. It's elegant as needs no other implement for use. You can sit somewhere with just Tempest, wand, Reload. Having a small, portable, unbreakable stem that can cool a ball vape has so much value imo.

EDIT- @VapingYogi I posted this before I saw your last comment about broken Prophet. I wasn't trying to rub it in with my "don't have to worry about breakage" comment. Sorry to hear that.
*smiles* its all good mate, didn't take it as anything, truthfully, I said it in another post, I never managed to keep a glass piece for more than a month, many reasons, this one is annoying as I was using it all the time but *shrugs* it happens. I wish I could replace it but I have to prioritize a gift for my partner and I have to pay for surgery in January.... actually... bingo... I am going to ask my girlfriend to get me a Prophet for Xmas lol

Native Stem :

The Tempest stem is just amazing, someone said "its as tricked out as the oven/cap" and its the truth.

The main thing for me is what I think you said @RedZep there is a significant maintenance difference... of my 4 main devices at the moment... the Tempest equally the easiest to maintain... Instead of having to clean a large rig daily, which takes time and having to rely on glass which breaks or gets damaged or might get mold in it or something... the Tempest is just a dream to maintain.

I have a few stems I have collected over the years, and before the Tempest every week (or every other day) I would grab a different combination of stem, cap, tip, fmj, wpa etc and I would have 4 combinations sitting there and I would fill them all out and then use them one after the other, since I got my Tempest I haven't had any of those out except to use for testing.

I tried the Tempest bowl and cap (oven) on 16 compatible stems and 4 WPAs (there's no real different in the WPA's except glass/wood/metal but there was 4 so I used them all) and one of my favorite dynavap stems ended up becoming a WPA for the Tempest with my J-hook but the rest of them are packed away. While the wood stems (Simrell lined and ed's TNT unlined) were nicer on my fingers (and one became a WPA) the only time I coughed when using my Tempest so far was trialing out all the stems.... I think it was my 2021 M stem with the airport blocked with an o-ring.

Tonight, for something different to my usual, I have decided to swap to the direct tube, with the airport closed, mostly just holding the Tempest with my lips....

** Note: I shattered the Ed's TNT unlined dynavap stem when I pulled the Tempest cooling unit out of the stem and the wood somehow caught and it snapped.

I also prefer the direct tube for native massive hits and dense clouds. (+ SCU, cap airflow 2/3 closed, carb on "direct by pass" but closed with my finger).
... ** this is what I am playing with right now!!! (except I have the airport closed)

Oh @RedZep you mentioned your OCD sometimes wants you to do a second reheat to get a darker roast but you hold off and don't; well my OCD finally decided I had to test my theory, I felt that my roast was sufficient and that there wasn't really a reason to do a second reheat. So I emptied my reload debowler into my Taroma 360 and tried it and... I am super impressed... there was so so little left in those 4 grams (8 bowls in the 360) that do not see a point to reheat herbs a second time.

Last edited:

RedZep

*smiles* its all good mate, didn't take it as anything, truthfully, I said it in another post, I never managed to keep a glass piece for more than a month, many reasons, this one is annoying as I was using it all the time but *shrugs* it happens. I wish I could replace it but I have to prioritize a gift for my partner and I have to pay for surgery in January.... actually... bingo... I am going to ask my girlfriend to get me a Prophet for Xmas lol

Native Stem :

The Tempest stem is just amazing, someone said "its as tricked out as the oven/cap" and its the truth.

The main thing for me is what I think you said @RedZep there is a significant maintenance difference... of my 4 main devices at the moment... the Tempest equally the easiest to maintain... Instead of having to clean a large rig daily, which takes time and having to rely on glass which breaks or gets damaged or might get mold in it or something... the Tempest is just a dream to maintain.

I have a few stems I have collected over the years, and before the Tempest every week (or every other day) I would grab a different combination of stem, cap, tip, fmj, wpa etc and I would have 4 combinations sitting there and I would fill them all out and then use them one after the other, since I got my Tempest I haven't had any of those out except to use for testing.

I tried the Tempest bowl and cap (oven) on 16 compatible stems and 4 WPAs (there's no real different in the WPA's except glass/wood/metal but there was 4 so I used them all) and one of my favorite dynavap stems ended up becoming a WPA for the Tempest with my J-hook but the rest of them are packed away. While the wood stems (Simrell lined and ed's TNT unlined) were nicer on my fingers (and one became a WPA) the only time I coughed when using my Tempest so far was trialing out all the stems.... I think it was my 2021 M stem with the airport blocked with an o-ring.

Tonight, for something different to my usual, I have decided to swap to the direct tube, with the airport closed, mostly just holding the Tempest with my lips....

** Note: I shattered the Ed's TNT unlined dynavap stem when I pulled the Tempest cooling unit out of the stem and the wood somehow caught and it snapped.

... ** this is what I am playing with right now!!! (except I have the airport closed)

Oh @RedZep you mentioned your OCD sometimes wants you to do a second reheat to get a darker roast but you hold off and don't; well my OCD finally decided I had to test my theory, I felt that my roast was sufficient and that there wasn't really a reason to do a second reheat. So I emptied my reload debowler into lmy Taroma 360 and tried it and... I am super impressed... there was so so ittle left in those 4eezzgrams (8 bowls in the 360) that do not see a point to reheat herbs a second time.
Yeah maintenance Is a breeze. I just cleaned mine this morning. I have a little glass food container filled with iso. Just put parts in for 30 mins, then dunk in hot water. The parts then almost dry from the heat. It will be ready to use in no time. I've never kept on top of cleaning this well before. Easy as washing your dishes.

Yeah another test with lighter roast AVB, is to leave it until you are sober, then vape it and you realise there really aren't enough actives remaining to create any meaningful effects. I agree the low temp extraction is impressive, and beyond my expectations.

RedZep,
Reactions: Smknbud

Dubber

Yeah, light roasts can also be fully extracted in one heating!
As I said before, I pushed the glassbowl fully up in the wand (didn’t manage to put up pics here via imgur, I always get a failure message, I‘ll try it again in the evening on my mac), so no combustion, no charring, really, really tasty, light roast, no need to reheat, even hotter there’s nothing coming out of it anymore.
And I like to be thorough ;)

Shorner

I like it on glass WPA, Glass J-hook. Tip airflow fully open. I still prefer native stem most the time.

Yes mate, direct tube with scu in, closed airport on stem and 3/4 open on tip airflow, I have always been able to take a lung full , I'm nearly 50 too 😀

Shorner,

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
There is no way I can do that. Impressive
Yes mate, direct tube with scu in, closed airport on stem and 3/4 open on tip airflow, I have always been able to take a lung full , I'm nearly 50 too
Challenge accepted... I think my throat is going to be the weak link but I'm up for it... when I find my screen

I feel like the bowl screen I was using just flew out somewhere.... I better bloody find it... my dyna-dosing-cap work's fine as a temporary lol as I was using it for hash as it was easier to clean..

And I like to be thorough ;)
Just for tonight I have been collecting my Tempest AVB and just seeing if there was any vapor left, after doing it all night, I think I agree, its quite thorough, the herb that had Rosin on it wasn't extra either which is really cool

VapingYogi,
Reactions: RedZep

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I only have a medium plate, so it works for everything... :lol:

I am finding, as mentioned above, that it isn't necessary to get my product dark to fully extract in with this device. Significantly tan ABV that has gone through a decent extraction effort seems to have nothing left. This is pretty astounding. And I'm not quite sure I understand why.

TankeyPankey

I've just been skimming, so I apologize if this has already been answered, but has there been an update on the click disks? As far as I'm aware, that's the last thing needed before release, but I know there is some waiting on manufacturing.

I just have some buddies traveling to my place at the end of January so hopefully I'll have a Tempest in my hands to show them 🤞

TankeyPankey,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
hence why Ill only be grabbing an oven personally :D
I may well grab a second oven/cap to live permanently on glass. But for the portability of it, I intend to use the stem as well.
Besides, it's fucking gorgeous.

Stemon-Reload.jpg

Misterhyde

I just found out when dumping my load that I only had the screen on the half load setting!:doh: I was impressed with that, but the double load!!! :rockon: Can't wait to try that after work!:sherlock:
Good luck ever getting that thing back in half setting again. It was no lie about it being difficult. I decided to try full bowl then I tried for a very long time to get it in half bowl again. I thought I finally had it but then it popped out during debowling. Oh well, full bowl it is for now.

Top Bottom