The Tempest by Mad Heaters & Phatpiggie (Pre Release Prototype) Comparisons

leanpubpackage

both the anvil and tempest are heavy hitters, but I don't think I would trade one for the other since they have different signatures. the anvil definitely has more conduction, especially with the XL bowl. With larger bowls, the added conduction helps thoroughly extract

Where I think the difference lies is the ease of loading and unloading with the tempest, especially with the reload 2. it's seriously so easy. Use the reload magnet to unscrew the cap (which can rest safely on its own), stab the bowl in some herb, finger tamp so that it's level with the edge of the bowl, screw cap back on and boom. do the reverse to unload with the debowler.

With the anvil, when you unload the bowl, you have to set the hot ass oven somewhere while you fiddle with the bowl. Additionally, you need a scoop to load the anvil bowl, which required another tool.

I never took my anvil with me on the road since it was such a pain in the ass to load and unload without all the tools and magnets laid out but the tempest is now what I take with me on the go, all the time.

Jojofernz

both the anvil and tempest are heavy hitters, but I don't think I would trade one for the other since they have different signatures. the anvil definitely has more conduction, especially with the XL bowl. With larger bowls, the added conduction helps thoroughly extract

Where I think the difference lies is the ease of loading and unloading with the tempest, especially with the reload 2. it's seriously so easy. Use the reload magnet to unscrew the cap (which can rest safely on its own), stab the bowl in some herb, finger tamp so that it's level with the edge of the bowl, screw cap back on and boom. do the reverse to unload with the debowler.

With the anvil, when you unload the bowl, you have to set the hot ass oven somewhere while you fiddle with the bowl. Additionally, you need a scoop to load the anvil bowl, which required another tool.

I never took my anvil with me on the road since it was such a pain in the ass to load and unload without all the tools and magnets laid out but the tempest is now what I take with me on the go, all the time.
Yeah just a few bowls comparing them both and I feel like the anvil would be best suited staying home on glass for me while I use the tempest out and about. I don’t really enjoy the anvil native but love the tempest native. Clouds seem thicker on the anvil

But as you said, they both seem to have a place in a collection

Tempest on a hook

Vs.

Anvil on a hook

Keep in mind, anvil is using XL bowl(I think?) and Tempest is using half bowl setting.

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
I got the Anvil ThermoCore oven... it has improved heat retention (over the duracore) and it works in the Wand with the same powerdraw as the Tempest, It actually heats up in the same time as the Tempest - 315c (or was it 320) until timeout gets 2 clicks.

I have had the ThermoCore for a couple of days of which until today I have been in hospital or bed ridden, but I’ll play around and compare the differences.

Last edited:

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
I can't wait for the Tempest click discs and visual indicator....

At the moment, I am using the Anvil ThermoCore over the Tempest (unregulated) most of the time because of the click discs.

The Anvil ThermoCore has improved the heat duration to a level to what feels like about double the DuraCore and as such its getting closer to the Tempest heat retention - but the Tempest still feels like it has a longer heat retention off a single heat.

One of the most obvious things I am missing using the ThermoCore is the lack of flavour. The Tempest, even though the airpath is all metal, is still able to deliver really flavourful hits. I am using the ThermoCore in the WPA kit so very short airpath and then into a J-hook (glass) and the experience is more toasty compared to the Tempest which starts terpy and full of flavour and then matures over the duration of the session as the Terps evaporate off.

All in all I really like the Anvils improvements but as soon as I get temperature functions I will be back using the Tempest all the time.

** I am struggling with a illness and pain episodes so frequently that it happens almost every time I am trying to medicate. A lot of the time I will fill my Tempest and put it into the Wand and start the heating cycle and I will miss the cycle all together. I put it in to heat up, I sit there and somehow manage to miss it finish heating and by the time I realise it, the Tempest has cooled almost all the way down. Often, I'll assume its not been heated yet, I'll put the heat Cycle on but the herb is so dry and there might be some residual heat in the device and then that first draw, I combust...

Jojofernz

Using an anvil with my tempest even just this past weekend, I’ve decided they are two vapes that absolutely compliment one another.

Tempest for day time out and about, a real flavor chaser, but capable of massive clouds when I want.

Anvil when I want that huge volume of vapor and to be medicated right away and hard, for night time.

Loving the anvil, can’t wait to get a hold of a Thermocore version for myself as I’ll have to give this one back to its owner one day…

Back to testing! Staying at home though, I find I much prefer the anvil. Maybe cause it’s still the newer toy to me? I dunno but the flavor is certainly lacking in anvil, enough to scare some off. I certainly could never use the anvil native though, not the stem it comes with

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
Loving the anvil, can’t wait to get a hold of a Thermocore version for myself as I’ll have to give this one back to its owner one day…
I know the feeling :) I have had to return a grinder I borrowed and I will have to return this too sometime.

I decided to share those thoughts about the new oven and the comparisons more as its something that interests me and less because I think that they would scare people away - but I hear what your saying, flavour chasers might avoid the Anvil because of that reason.

I completely agree with the complimentary concept, they do work well together.

The Anvil - especially as I only like to use it through glass (dry or wet it doesn't matter, I just don't like the native experience) it is akin to a Bong rip, a very quick and (can be) efficient extraction, one or two big draws (or with the ThermoCore twice the amount) and the bowl is spent and you empty out and move on (or repeat as needed)

With the Tempest the native experience is what I love so much, Its like a joint where I can savour the smell and flavour of my herbs as I take those initial puffs, the flavour slowly desceases as I puff away, working my way through the "spliff" until I get to the roach and its a little toasty (akin to the flavour from the Anvil). I used to love sitting down for a coffee with a spliff, in the graveyard with my dogs... the Tempest is the closest I can get to that experience today.

I think its not a case of ones better than the other... I think its mostly about matching the device to how you like to use your herbs... I think that the Tempest provides much more flexibility and shines in multiple different situations / scenarios, more so than the Anvil does imo.

Jojofernz

Just wanted to post another comparison video/results. Tempest full bowl, anvil XL bowl. Tempest at 585f in wand til timeout. Anvil using single flame torch, stopping around 3 seconds after click. I like this method for the anvil as I find heating right to the second click causes more of the roasty flavor. Could have taken both a bit further but wasn’t RTL but my normal method of using both. Tempest avb on left, Anvil on right. Closeup of both.

IMG-4154.jpg

Both

IMG-4155.jpg

Tempest
IMG-4156.jpg

Anvil

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
Using an anvil with my tempest even just this past weekend, I’ve decided they are two vapes that absolutely compliment one another.
Tempest for day time out and about, a real flavor chaser, but capable of massive clouds when I want.
Anvil when I want that huge volume of vapor and to be medicated right away and hard, for night time.
This*

I agree its complementary, the Anvil (Thermocore) is like a little conduction oven, if you heat the Thermocore up with the Wand (was playing around) you can smell the herbs in the oven like your decarbing herbs in the oven to bake with, and it produces a different sort of experiance when you use it compared to the Tempest. I like that the herbs are hardly heated in the Tempest untless you pull air through the system, its quite rich in flavor in comparison to the Anvil.

BreadStick

Would anyone that gets one of the TA v2 heaters and owns a tempest mind comparing them please?
I'm particularly interested in how the bowl volumes compare, how well they heat with the wand and the heat retention.
I already own a tempest and I was planning on buying another head as a spare with the full release but I'm also interested in the TA especially the 70 ball options for low temp sipping if the heat retention is noticeably better.

BreadStick,

HumbleLivings

Would anyone that gets one of the TA v2 heaters and owns a tempest mind comparing them please?
I'm particularly interested in how the bowl volumes compare, how well they heat with the wand and the heat retention.
I already own a tempest and I was planning on buying another head as a spare with the full release but I'm also interested in the TA especially the 70 ball options for low temp sipping if the heat retention is noticeably better.
I have the Tempest(with no clicker) and just bought the TA(3) should receive it tomorrow, the bowls should be the same on all TA which is a varibowl that you can change bowl sizes(I think thats what PhattPiggie said on IG) anyhow I will probabley get it tomorrow and check it out
right now I use Tempest most then Anvil, I am expecting good things off the TA(3) as well I see myself using all 3. I am not sure if its allowed to compare here, if it is I can do that if not i can pm you, send me a pm to remind me please but I can share my experience with TA also

sedentree

I have the Tempest(with no clicker) and just bought the TA(3) should receive it tomorrow, the bowls should be the same on all TA which is a varibowl that you can change bowl sizes(I think thats what PhattPiggie said on IG) anyhow I will probabley get it tomorrow and check it out
right now I use Tempest most then Anvil, I am expecting good things off the TA(3) as well I see myself using all 3. I am not sure if its allowed to compare here, if it is I can do that if not i can pm you, send me a pm to remind me please but I can share my experience with TA also

I think it is fine in this thread as it is specifically a comparison thread, not the thread about eg the Tempest itself

leanpubpackage

Anvil vs Tempest is like comparing apple to android, respectively.

Anvil is refined, and just works, consistently, every time. No worries

Tempest has more to fiddle with with the balll options, and generally more room for user error if not using with wand timer. Back to backs are not as consistent, and there’s risk of hot balls scattering

I now recommend thermocore over the tempest if you were limited to one option

Hms34

Coming from a Dani Fusion 2.0 and a couple Dynavaps, both Tempest and Anvil have caught my attention for a while.

With the Anvil, is it bearable without a water piece? I can use a bong abt 50% of the time.

How much extra maintenance is needed to keep balls clean in either Tempest or Anvil? In case of accidental combustion, do the balls become a mess?

Reason I mention- if it requires a lot of tinkering, it becomes easier to smoke a J or from a bong instead. With medical use, t-breaks are mainly when i travel, typically around 4-5 days, every 1-2 months.

Jojofernz

I now recommend thermocore over the tempest if you were limited to one option

Opposite for me, Tempest wins reach test every time. More versatility with the Tempest. Easier to do back to back bowls too. Anvil bowl is more of a pain to pack back to back than tempest, especially on the go. With a working VI, easy repeatable experiences. Anvil is best at home on a piece in my experience. Tempest can both produce clouds at home and is amazing on the go with the cooling the stem provides. Only vape that gives me that joint like feel when puffing on it. Also flavor, anvil too roasty for me.

Thermocore is great. And honestly they are both worth owning but tempest is an every day for me. Anvil now sees less use since I got a desktop, but it still smacks really hard! Can’t wait for full tempest release and everyone gets a chance to enjoy this beast!

Jojofernz

Was asked about the performance of same size bowl tempest vs in my flower kettle so here’s a couple videos. Same weed, half-bowl setting. Kettle PID was at 540f, Tempest heated with a wand 590f til timeout. Kettle has 4mm zirc and Temprst has 3mm sic. In a cold garage this morning.

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
@VapingYogi I own the TA3 and want to buy the tempest, what are the differences between them?
Major obvious difference is the Tempest comes with a stem, that is - the Tempest is a whole device - not just an oven/bowl. I use my TA3 on a Revolve Gen 2 with a Tempest wooden sleeve - so in a way - I use them the same way - as I use my Tempest on the native stem.

So ignoring the Tempest stem & its features - which are extensive and include things like multiple cooling options, draw resistance options, a spinning mouthpieces that's isolated from the airpath so it doesn't get hot, different sleeves wood, glass, titanium, different colors.... I could keep going but you'll get bored.

The Tempest and TA3 both come with adjustable airflow on the cap; the amount of airflow is different but they both have the same feature.

Starting with the obvious - Size :

The Tempest's heat matrix is about 40x3mm vs the TA3 which is about 70x3mm, while they are similar in size side by side, the TA is far heavier and contains significantly more thermal mass - just from the metal - let alone the heat matrix which is about 40% larger. The Tempest has an additional section at the top that contains the temperature feedback components which really make the Tempest stand out against its competition (we will discuss this later) where as the TA3 uses that same space to house more balls to increase the size of the heat matrix.

When heating the TA3, the sheer size of the thermal mass, helps to create a buffer and this buffer helps to control the speed at which the device heats up and also slows the transfer of heat from the heat source to the balls inside the heater matrix. It takes significantly more calories to heat up the TA3 than it does the Tempest. I use a Blazer Big Boy on the TA3 for 17 seconds to the top 1/3 of the oven and its a reliable ritual. The buffer means that if I screw up and loose count and hit 18 or 19 seconds, I probably wont have added enough heat to the balls in the heat matrix to run the risk of combustion.

The Tempest is much more sensitive. There is less metal in the cap of the Tempest which facilitates quick and efficient transfer of the heat from the heat source directly to the balls that make up the heat matrix. This reduces the calories required to heat up the Tempest compared to the TA however, this also means that the Tempest is much easier to over heat.

Thankfully The Tempest comes with multiple temperature gauges in the form of a visual temperature gauge and click discs that give the user feedback while they heat the device.

In my experience using the Tempest without click discs or a visual indicator for about 5 months, without the click discs and visual gauge you are relying on timing (either using a Inspire wand with a timeout or a stopwatch) and due to the sensitive nature of the Tempest, too much heat in such a small space can cause radiant heat to scorch the top of the bowl.

I was lucky enough to get a new cap with (almost calibrated) click discs and a calibrated visual indicator and since then, the Tempest has really come to life. It became so easy to control with the clicks being calibrated for optimal temperature and the top end temperature allowing you to easily control the heat and via the adjustable airflow sleeve you can increase the density of the vapour.

I'll talk more about the temperature feedback later.

Another important difference lays with the bowl design :

Both the Tempest and the TA3 have an adjustable bowl design, I haven't actually weighed the amount I put in the to compare so I will do that when I finish, but I feel like the TA3 bowl is a little larger (which makes sense) but I don't remember the size exactly,

The Tempest has a slightly isolated bowl, the majority of the bowl doesn't directly connect with the walls of the cap which means there is much less conduction from the cap to the bowl as compared with the TA3. The TA3's bowl is directly connected to the cap and gets significant conduction from the cap to the bowl.

In the Tempest, this results in a convection dominant style vape with top tier flavour, as the partially isolated bowl protects the volatile terps in during the heat up process. The Tempest is built such that heating technique can allow you to add more conduction to the bowl directly from the heat source (torch or induction heater) by heating lower on the bowl than normal. The cap screws onto the bottom of the bowl, so as you use the device over a single heat cycle, the heat slowly balances out over the whole cap causing an increasing amount of conduction from the bottom of the bowl where you screwed on the cap, to the herbs - this helps to finish the bowl without needing to reheat or stir.

The TA3's bowl isn't isolated, the top of the Thermal Accumulators bowl is screwed directly into the bottom of the cap, so as the heat starts to build in the top of the cap - it starts to conduct down onto the bowl. However because of the sheer size of the thermal mass that makes up the TA, the first few draws through the device are delightfully full of flavour with a convection bias; however as the session continues, the conduction roast starts to kick in and the flavour becomes more toasty and the vapour more dense.

This is where the TA3 really stands out for me. The extraction with the TA3's oven is about as complete as in any oven and results in one heat extractions and AVB that often surprises me. The flower sandwiches (BHO/Rosin) almost always come out without any residual stickiness - the extraction capacity of the TA3 is probably far more than the bowl capacity is.

The Tempest more than easily extracts a full bowl of herbs on a single heat cycle, but when I have been using concentrates in the Tempest; in the form of a flower sandwich, sometimes there is some residual stickiness left in the bowl and I will go for another heat. I rarely have to reheat when using herbs or using Rayon and my concentrate of choice.

I feel that the conduction bias in the TA3 continues to increase during the session; I find that it provides a more physical, sedative or "heavy experience" as compared to the Tempest. The Tempest with its more convection bias provides a more stimulating, uplifting, mental experience that's tempered with just enough radiant heat and conduction to "ground" the experience and the effects avoiding some of those jittery experiences that you can get with some herbs.

Back to the temperature Feedback features and why they are important :

The Tempest is a sensitive when heating, there is significantly less metal in the head of the Tempest as compared to the TA3 and that additional mass in the TA3 helps to create a buffer to make it a little easier to heat without over heating it. The Tempest doesn't have this, the minimal metal in the cap means that the heat from the heat source is almost entirely transferred to the balls in the heat matrix. This makes it very easy to overheat the Tempest when you don't have any feedback however the Tempest has multiple temperature feedback features.

NOTE: Phatpiggie has mentioned that there might eventually be a cap for the TA4 with temperature feedback features - but its not a certainty and it would change the way that the TA is heated.

The Tempest has both a pair of click discs and a visual temperature gauge - like a thermometer. These features take the guess work out of heating the Tempest. The Tempest has 2 click discs, the first click is calibrated around 170c and the second click its set to around 210c and the visual gauge has 3 marks and covers a range of 110c-240c.

When using rayon with BHO or a concentrate in the Tempest I usually let the device go to the second click & maybe a little beyond, however when I am using herbs I prefer to stick to just before the second click.

.... you know what I need a break I will come back to this.

Last edited:

Feyd2blak

Major obvious difference is the Tempest comes with a stem, that is - the Tempest is a whole device - not just an oven/bowl. I use my TA3 on a Revolve Gen 2 with a Tempest wooden sleeve - so in a way - I use them the same way - as I use my Tempest on the native stem.

So ignoring the Tempest stem & its features - which are extensive and include things like multiple cooling options, draw resistance options, a spinning mouthpieces that's isolated from the airpath so it doesn't get hot, different sleeves wood, glass, titanium, different colors.... I could keep going but you'll get bored.

The Tempest and TA3 both come with adjustable airflow on the cap; the amount of airflow is different but they both have the same feature.

Starting with the obvious - Size :

The Tempest's heat matrix is about 40x3mm vs the TA3 which is about 70x3mm, while they are similar in size side by side, the TA is far heavier and contains significantly more thermal mass - just from the metal - let alone the heat matrix which is about 40% larger. The Tempest has an additional section at the top that contains the temperature feedback components which really make the Tempest stand out against its competition (we will discuss this later) where as the TA3 uses that same space to house more balls to increase the size of the heat matrix.

When heating the TA3, the sheer size of the thermal mass, helps to create a buffer and this buffer helps to control the speed at which the device heats up and also slows the transfer of heat from the heat source to the balls inside the heater matrix. It takes significantly more calories to heat up the TA3 than it does the Tempest. I use a Blazer Big Boy on the TA3 for 17 seconds to the top 1/3 of the oven and its a reliable ritual. The buffer means that if I screw up and loose count and hit 18 or 19 seconds, I probably wont have added enough heat to the balls in the heat matrix to run the risk of combustion.

The Tempest is much more sensitive. There is less metal in the cap of the Tempest which facilitates quick and efficient transfer of the heat from the heat source directly to the balls that make up the heat matrix. This reduces the calories required to heat up the Tempest compared to the TA however, this also means that the Tempest is much easier to over heat.

Thankfully The Tempest comes with multiple temperature gauges in the form of a visual temperature gauge and click discs that give the user feedback while they heat the device.

In my experience using the Tempest without click discs or a visual indicator for about 5 months, without the click discs and visual gauge you are relying on timing (either using a Inspire wand with a timeout or a stopwatch) and due to the sensitive nature of the Tempest, too much heat in such a small space can cause radiant heat to scorch the top of the bowl.

I was lucky enough to get a new cap with (almost calibrated) click discs and a calibrated visual indicator and since then, the Tempest has really come to life. It became so easy to control with the clicks being calibrated for optimal temperature and the top end temperature allowing you to easily control the heat and via the adjustable airflow sleeve you can increase the density of the vapour.

I'll talk more about the temperature feedback later.

Another important difference lays with the bowl design :

Both the Tempest and the TA3 have an adjustable bowl design, I haven't actually weighed the amount I put in the to compare so I will do that when I finish, but I feel like the TA3 bowl is a little larger (which makes sense) but I don't remember the size exactly,

The Tempest has a slightly isolated bowl, the majority of the bowl doesn't directly connect with the walls of the cap which means there is much less conduction from the cap to the bowl as compared with the TA3. The TA3's bowl is directly connected to the cap and gets significant conduction from the cap to the bowl.

In the Tempest, this results in a convection dominant style vape with top tier flavour, as the partially isolated bowl protects the volatile terps in during the heat up process. The Tempest is built such that heating technique can allow you to add more conduction to the bowl directly from the heat source (torch or induction heater) by heating lower on the bowl than normal. The cap screws onto the bottom of the bowl, so as you use the device over a single heat cycle, the heat slowly balances out over the whole cap causing an increasing amount of conduction from the bottom of the bowl where you screwed on the cap, to the herbs - this helps to finish the bowl without needing to reheat or stir.

The TA3's bowl isn't isolated, the top of the Thermal Accumulators bowl is screwed directly into the bottom of the cap, so as the heat starts to build in the top of the cap - it starts to conduct down onto the bowl. However because of the sheer size of the thermal mass that makes up the TA, the first few draws through the device are delightfully full of flavour with a convection bias; however as the session continues, the conduction roast starts to kick in and the flavour becomes more toasty and the vapour more dense.

This is where the TA3 really stands out for me. The extraction with the TA3's oven is about as complete as in any oven and results in one heat extractions and AVB that often surprises me. The flower sandwiches (BHO/Rosin) almost always come out without any residual stickiness - the extraction capacity of the TA3 is probably far more than the bowl capacity is.

The Tempest more than easily extracts a full bowl of herbs on a single heat cycle, but when I have been using concentrates in the Tempest; in the form of a flower sandwich, sometimes there is some residual stickiness left in the bowl and I will go for another heat. I rarely have to reheat when using herbs or using Rayon and my concentrate of choice.

I feel that the conduction bias in the TA3 continues to increase during the session; I find that it provides a more physical, sedative or "heavy experience" as compared to the Tempest. The Tempest with its more convection bias provides a more stimulating, uplifting, mental experience that's tempered with just enough radiant heat and conduction to "ground" the experience and the effects avoiding some of those jittery experiences that you can get with some herbs.

Back to the temperature Feedback features and why they are important :

The Tempest is a sensitive when heating, there is significantly less metal in the head of the Tempest as compared to the TA3 and that additional mass in the TA3 helps to create a buffer to make it a little easier to heat without over heating it. The Tempest doesn't have this, the minimal metal in the cap means that the heat from the heat source is almost entirely transferred to the balls in the heat matrix. This makes it very easy to overheat the Tempest when you don't have any feedback however the Tempest has multiple temperature feedback features.

NOTE: Phatpiggie has mentioned that there might eventually be a cap for the TA4 with temperature feedback features - but its not a certainty and it would change the way that the TA is heated.

The Tempest has both a pair of click discs and a visual temperature gauge - like a thermometer. These features take the guess work out of heating the Tempest. The Tempest has 2 click discs, the first click is calibrated around 170c and the second click its set to around 210c and the visual gauge has 3 marks and covers a range of 110c-240c.

When using rayon with BHO or a concentrate in the Tempest I usually let the device go to the second click & maybe a little beyond, however when I am using herbs I prefer to stick to just before the second click.

.... you know what I need a break I will come back to this.
That's more than enough for me mate, thank you! Think a TA3 might be worth picking up, the conduction difference sounds fun, plus the improved performance with solids, and this is the first thing to tickle my Vas since getting the Tempest

Feyd2blak,

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
The Tempest when all the bell and whistles are working is am amazing device, one of the other things I was thinking about is Induction Heating, one of the challenges with the TA3 is that it required a lot of calories to heat up, I personally use a big blazer torch to heat up the TA3 (video in the TA thread) but with the Tempest I use the Inspire Wand induction heater and a small single flame honest torch. The wand provides a way to efficiently and quickly heat the entire heat matrix of the Tempest in one hit, I then use a small single flame honest torch if I want to reheat the Tempest as I don't feel like I finished the bowl, usually because I started talking when I should have been vaping. The Tempest is quick to heat up and quick to cool, this allows you to do another bowl as quickly as a minute after the last, where as the TA3 stays hot for up to 10 minutes (with no assistance) but when using the Magsink it can cool down in about 3 minutes - put the Tempest on top of the Magsink and you can watch the Visual Indicator speed down back to 0 in seconds, its quite fun to watch.

** just popped into my head ***

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I thought it mentioned the tempest had 2 mm balls instead of 3 mm as well??

Shit Snacks,

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
Originally was 2.5mm and lots of the pre release have that but some recent ones have 3mm and I believe they were leaning towards the 3mm for full release.
my OG beta had 2.5mm, the last release was 3mm Zrcs.

I find the 3mm Zrc balls work better than the 2.5mm Zrc. I find the 2.5mm gets a bit to hot and I can scorch the bowl more easily than 3mm, the airfow is way to open for me with the 3mm however and I almost completely close the airflow on the cap to add the resistance I prefer.

However - I like the smaller 2.5mm boro in the Tempest as opposed to using 3mm. I feel like the 3mm boro dosen't feel like it holds enough heat in such a small heat matrix (~40 balls) where as the 2.5mm (~70 balls) seems to take the heat quickly and is better at transferring it to the air in the small space that is the Tempest Cap.

Top Bottom