The "Stunner"

2pumpchump

Just want to let everyone know I've got all the new balls up on my site for all of your ball vape needs
I've got 2 3,3.5,4 and 6mm ZrO2 and 3,3.5mm sic
I know this is a old question in the ball vape realm but for me and the rest of the ball nubes .
Bigger balls more airflow smaller balls more mass right?

2pumpchump,

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
Nice. I also got the carbon fiber but used an Omni mouthpiece tip with an o-ring. The carbon fiber does a good job of keeping the stem from getting too crazy hot. Thoughts on its performance?

Edit: I meant mouthpiece, not tip.
Ima wait a lil while until I get used to it to really talk performance but so far it’s been good, I’ve been enjoying it

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
I have been loving the Stunner. I have been using the ruby cap the most, heating it with a Blazer at the top section of the cap until the flame turns orange. Then it’s just MTL puffs until the vapor stops billowing on my exhales and the bowl is evenly and completely extracted. No second heat cycle necessary. Feels extremely intuitive and I’ve found it to be quite comfortable to hit natively.

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
I have been loving the Stunner. I have been using the ruby cap the most, heating it with a Blazer at the top section of the cap until the flame turns orange. Then it’s just MTL puffs until the vapor stops billowing on my exhales and the bowl is evenly and completely extracted. No second heat cycle necessary. Feels extremely intuitive and I’ve found it to be quite comfortable to hit natively.
Nice. I'm reaching for it more and more. I think I've finally found that joint smoking experience I really enjoy. Never once had a scorched bowl or combusted.

Last night I brought it out amongst some friends and was able to pass it around like a blunt very successfully. Loving it.

2pumpchump

It's has actually settled my vas well considering a desktop but that's a big commitment space wise so my vas has turned in to vaas looking for Looking to accessorize thestunner
Nice. I'm reaching for it more and more. I think I've finally found that joint smoking experience I really enjoy. Never once had a scorched bowl or combusted.

Last night I brought it out amongst some friends and was able to pass it around like a blunt very successfully. Loving it.
You are using the wand right?

2pumpchump,
Reactions: tinctorus

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
You are using the wand right?
Yes. Heat at max temp until it times out then puff away. After the first heat cycle if I feel there's still some left in the bowl, I just keep puffing away while I re-heat with the wand. Like re-lighting the end of cigar.

It usually only takes about 10s to get the vapor flowing again when I re-heat. Feels just like I'm smoking a blunt but it tastes like awesome vapor. I'm not a torch guy so I don't know how easy it is to combust when you heat with a torch but with the Wand it's very forgiving. You'd have to try hard to combust. I'm using the ZrO2 balls.

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
Yes. Heat at max temp until it times out then puff away. After the first heat cycle if I feel there's still some left in the bowl, I just keep puffing away while I re-heat with the wand. Like re-lighting the end of cigar.

It usually only takes about 10s to get the vapor flowing again when I re-heat. Feels just like I'm smoking a blunt but it tastes like awesome vapor. I'm not a torch guy so I don't know how easy it is to combust when you heat with a torch but with the Wand it's very forgiving. You'd have to try hard to combust. I'm using the ZrO2 balls.
I did combust once. I did a very nice initial heat cycle and felt like there was more to get so I used the torch on it again but forgot to only reheat for 3-5 seconds. If I had kept it in the 3-5 seconds range it would have been totally fine.

2pumpchump

It is very forgiving with a torch as well I do similar no more than 3 heating like you said maybe 10s if I cram bowl full meaning over. 2 g and with light packed bowl it's usually 1 unless I under heat but still get nice hits I have to count how long I heat using a propane torch

tinctorus

Accessory Maker

How long is the full cycle on the wand btw?
I'm just trying to judge times, the IH I use is one of the ones I offer for sale and 90 seconds gives a perfect hit

redeyemaster

I'm a torch guy and while I have combusted it takes some doing.

The format is REALLY forgiving and even if you get into combustion territory you can just stop pulling for a couple of seconds and you'll only get a little singe.

I normally do a 30 count with my torch (I probably am overdue for a torch upgrade as mine is kind small) and that tends to be the sweet spot, over 45 seconds I flirt with combustion.

Edit - I have found that it seems to be most efficient when the pack is very loose initially. It will tamp down from the act of inhaling but I get great hits when I have about a half bowl fluffed up to take up the whole bowl to start.

tinctorus

Accessory Maker
I'm a torch guy and while I have combusted it takes some doing.

The format is REALLY forgiving and even if you get into combustion territory you can just stop pulling for a couple of seconds and you'll only get a little singe.

I normally do a 30 count with my torch (I probably am overdue for a torch upgrade as mine is kind small) and that tends to be the sweet spot, over 45 seconds I flirt with combustion.

Edit - I have found that it seems to be most efficient when the pack is very loose initially. It will tamp down from the act of inhaling but I get great hits when I have about a half bowl fluffed up to take up the whole bowl to start.
Yeah it'll crush those smaller light packed bowls great, @chammyphanny just posted a great video of him 1 hit crushing a bowl

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
How long is the full cycle on the wand btw?
I'm just trying to judge times, the IH I use is one of the ones I offer for sale and 90 seconds gives a perfect hit
I'm not near my equipment now but if set the Wand to 800F (I know it's not really a temp control, just controls how long before it times out) then the timeout is probably around 45sec if I had to guess? Pretty sure it's less than a minute.

I remember being scared to order the 1st gen Stunner from you bc you were saying it wasn't tuned yet for IHs but I can live with about a minute heat time. If your next gen tips are more IH friendly then that'll be great!

As far as tamping goes, I agree that a really loose tamp works very well if you want to kill a bowl with a big rip but I've also done a full bowl with a modest tamp and it didn't scorch and still extracted really well. So forgiving, I'm loving it.

2pumpchump

I normally don't count but shot a video just so I could look at the time even with the Blazer Big shot is 20 seconds . Propane is no faster that I can tell . And yaw are coming up with 1 minute for IH that's about right for a small torch do I'd say it's safe to say 1 minute heat for a full extraction.
How about every one else's thoughts?

2pumpchump,

tinctorus

Accessory Maker
Hey guys so I posted this info on my discord but here are the links on Amazon for the right size screens and orings you would need replacement pieces

200 PCS 1/2 Inch Stainless Steel Pipe Screens, 1/2 Inch Metal Pipe Screen with Metal Box https://a.co/d/1e4k59E

Ruilida Pipe Screens 200 PCS Stainless Steel 3/8" (0.375 Inch | 9.5 mm) Pipe Bowl Fiters With Black Metal Box https://a.co/d/gwTkyQl

uxcell Silicone O-Ring, 8.5mm OD, 6.5mm ID, 1mm Width, VMQ Seal Rings Gasket, Red, Pack of 10 https://a.co/d/1Lf8DnT

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
Hey guys so I posted this info on my discord but here are the links on Amazon for the right size screens and orings you would need replacement pieces

200 PCS 1/2 Inch Stainless Steel Pipe Screens, 1/2 Inch Metal Pipe Screen with Metal Box https://a.co/d/1e4k59E

Ruilida Pipe Screens 200 PCS Stainless Steel 3/8" (0.375 Inch | 9.5 mm) Pipe Bowl Fiters With Black Metal Box https://a.co/d/gwTkyQl

uxcell Silicone O-Ring, 8.5mm OD, 6.5mm ID, 1mm Width, VMQ Seal Rings Gasket, Red, Pack of 10 https://a.co/d/1Lf8DnT
Do those 3/8” screens also fit the Dani bowls?

4-Aces King-High

Just put my order in for the Stunner,I will have to wait to get the stem,VAS has been brutal and with plenty of New Devices coming out . Hoping to enjoy it soon,for now I will improvise a stem- if I can Wait? To buy a new one.?
And thanks for free shipping,Cheers.

4-Aces King-High,

2pumpchump

Just put my order in for the Stunner,I will have to wait to get the stem,VAS has been brutal and with plenty of New Devices coming out . Hoping to enjoy it soon,for now I will improvise a stem- if I can Wait? To buy a new one.?
And thanks for free shipping,Cheers.
With some thicker orings it will fit a 10mm WP fitings. If that helps till you get a stem .

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
i will try the larger o ring, ordered the carbon fiber stem anyway just in case,thanks
The carbon fiber stem is a solid choice as it can take two full Stunner bowls back to back and while it will be warm to the touch, it won’t be too hot to hold. Some stems I’ve tried with the Stunner fail this test completely. Of course, I don’t often need to do two bowls because the Stunner hits hard but I like to know it’s an option if I want to.

Top Bottom