Discontinued The Splinter by RBT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that what our new Splinter takes... 19/19? The web site says 15/17...

60 Watts of power allow for thick, flavorful clouds... or you can turn down the heat and enjoy the floral terpenes. The 15/17 mm glass connection provide a convenient means of connection to other mouthpieces.

I would like to order an extra. I'm not big on wood. I am in the USA. Do I look for a 19/19?

Wow!! This thing is killing me. I am over-driving it, I think. Doesn't really take much power. I was getting great hits in wattage mode at 25 to 30w.

I switched batteries and I am using TCR mode. It was set to 420F and that was way too hot. Almost combusted. 350F does fine. I wonder what TCR I should be set at. I am using the same settings I was using for the StemPod with this battery.

I still prefer a mouth-pull vape but for a lung draw, this thing is kickin'

Nice job, RBT.

I am making an adapter from a 19mm male to 19mm female adapter. I am going to grind the male end down to match the Splinter mouthpiece. Then, I can use any standard 19mm accessory.

Make sense?

Last edited:
I am definitely confused about all this custom mouthpiece thing. The copy on the web site for the Splinter says 15/17. The post above says 19/19. The web site store has 19/22 glass stems. I guess the ones in the store are for the other vapes he sells. I think Alan only sells wood. I must be missing something. LOL Surely extra stems and water adapters are available somewhere without special ordering???

Anyway, really loving this new Splinter. I rigged it up to water and it's working nicely. It will take it's place tomorrow next to the "main" bong for final testing. If it can cut the muster there, it's a real winner.

Still thinking about a Z.

I suppose I should ask this in the Z thread but does the Z also have all this custom size mouthpiece nonsense? I have racks of standard 19mm accessories I like to play with and try on all my vapes (if possible)

Thanks

Hackerman,
Reactions: BigJr48

TNT_error

If you don't wanna kill your wallet on shipping, I think it'll only be rbt atm. He's making more and different designs/fuming so it's a wait and see when they're up. Wood isn't so bad lol. I'm waiting for Alan to call my name for a stem and iheat

Summer

Long Island, NY
I am definitely confused about all this custom mouthpiece thing. The copy on the web site for the Splinter says 15/17. The post above says 19/19.

During Ryan's stream tonight, he said the 15/17mm referenced on the website was a mistake. He also said he'll be getting 19/19 gongs in from Vapefiend shortly. And he'll be working on a bunch of stems as well as securing China stems, but maybe not until after they close down for whatever they close down for.

The Z is 19/22.

Elenafair

Thanks. Is 19/22 the standard size that all normal stuff is? Thanks again.

...."standard" also is 19/26

There are actually 2 separate standards, lol:

19/22 is US ASTM standard and 19/26 is international ISO standard.

Being a US company, RBT uses the 19/22. 19/26 fittings are too long and can/will damage the heater screen. It’s important to be aware of this difference in “standard” when purchasing additional glass for RBT products as 3rd party sites aren’t always clear on the difference between US/ISO.

Last edited:

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
That PAM thing... is puzzling. It ends up being the same size as a Zion more or less... so unless we're getting a DNA250(C) board in the process, what's the point/advantage vs a real Zion?

I'd much prefer a real wood body vs a semi hollow thermoplastic infused with wood particles. You know, kinda like the difference between real furniture and IKEA...

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
There are actually 2 separate standards, lol:

19/22 is US ASTM standard and 19/26 is international ISO standard.

Being a US company, RBT uses the 19/22. 19/26 fittings are too long and can/will damage the heater screen. It’s important to be aware of this difference in “standard” when purchasing additional glass for RBT products as 3rd party sites aren’t always clear on the difference between US/ISO.

Didn't I say "also"? It was just an addition to the statement the 19/22 is THE standard ;)

What size Ryan chose is not a question of his origin, it's a question of the best pairing to his construction. Therefore he even created his own 19/19 size in between.

I'm still waiting for a SBS out of alu or a nice handcrafted wooden SBS mod. Thes §D printed thing is still looking a bit rough and cheap.

Last edited:
I thought this was just discussed recently but I went back a dozen pages and couldn't find it....

I am using the Splinter in TCR mode. What should the the TCR number be set at?

Thanks

Hackerman,

Elenafair

Didn't I say "also"? It was just an addition to the statement the 19/22 is THE standard ;)

What size Ryan chose is not a question of his origin, it's a question of the best pairing to his construction. Therefore he even created his own 19/19 size in between.

I'm still waiting for a SBS out of alu or a nice handcrafted wooden SBS mod. Thes §D printed thing is still looking a bit rough and cheap.
You are quite correct on both counts! I’ve just grown overly accustomed to apologizing for my country’s bizarre insistence on maintaining imperial measures.

And I agree regarding the 3D printing, the finish definitely leaves a lot to be desired.

Elenafair,
Reactions: Hogni

TNT_error

I thought this was just discussed recently but I went back a dozen pages and couldn't find it....

I am using the Splinter in TCR mode. What should the the TCR number be set at?

Thanks
It's based on your preference. Start low and move up till you find your sweet spot .165 is a good start.

TNT_error,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom